Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Keno wrote: »
    Will the one below work, does anyone know?

I think they're good for most US or Jap consoles, but I would prefer to source suitable 220v power supply if it was possible.

I picked up a psu for a super famicom from Consolegoods a while back, it doesen't get near as warm as the original jap psu plugged in to one of them adapters you were looking at.

Consolegoods are a decent supplier, maybe not the cheapest but I never had a problem with anything I got from them before and I've only heard good things said of them.

Click the snes icon on the left and go into consoles and accessories to see the range of psu for us and jap consoles.
    http://consolegoods.co.uk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Monkeykube wrote: »
    I think they're good for most US or Jap consoles, but I would prefer to source suitable 220v power supply if it was possible.

I picked up a psu for a super famicom from Consolegoods a while back, it doesen't get near as warm as the original jap psu plugged in to one of them adapters you were looking at.

Consolegoods are a decent supplier, maybe not the cheapest but I never had a problem with anything I got from them before and I've only heard good things said of them.

Click the snes icon on the left and go into consoles and accessories to see the range of psu for us and jap consoles.
    http://consolegoods.co.uk/

Thanks for that. I was looking at that site earlier but since it was a bit more expensive I said I'd choose the other one.

"UK mains adaptor/power supply unit for imported USA SNES consoles" for £13.90 do the job?

Also, will the cables with the console work on our TV's or will I have to buy new ones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Keno wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I was looking at that site earlier but since it was a bit more expensive I said I'd choose the other one.

"UK mains adaptor/power supply unit for imported USA SNES consoles" for £13.90 do the job?

Also, will the cables with the console work on our TV's or will I have to buy new ones?

The lads name is Robert Webb, best to send him a mail to make sure on the psu but to me it looks like the one you want. You may get cheaper shipping with parcel motel given the weight of the psu, cables are different on the ntsc consoles so you will need a rgb cable. They have the cable listed at 5.90 on the same page.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Anybody having difficulty with Ebay, I just logged in and reset my password as per the mail from Ebay and blamo!! my account is suspended.

Well that's strange as I have not bought or even logged into Ebay for over a year.
    Just waiting for a reply from a customer assistant, not happy at all with them :(

Edit: Fair play they sorted it immediately, seems to be a small issue with the password reset mumbo jumbo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

pdbhp wrote: »
    Anybody having difficulty with Ebay, I just logged in and reset my password as per the mail from Ebay and blamo!! my account is suspended.

Well that's strange as I have not bought or even logged into Ebay for over a year.
    Just waiting for a reply from a customer assistant, not happy at all with them :(

Edit: Fair play they sorted it immediately, seems to be a small issue with the password reset mumbo jumbo.

Once someone doesn't buy a BMW on your account and have it shipped to the Philippines you should be fine!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Once someone doesn't buy a BMW on your account and have it shipped to the Philippines you should be fine!

That's what I was expecting but when I checked my account there was no suspicious activity (except my suspicious activity).
    There was no issue at all the nice girl helped me out and it took approx. 2 minutes, fair play to her.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

pdbhp wrote: »
    That's what I was expecting but when I checked my account there was no suspicious activity (except my suspicious activity).
    There was no issue at all the nice girl helped me out and it took approx. 2 minutes, fair play to her.

She didn't say she was called Sinead but spoke with a heavy eastern European accent?
    If so expect a shipping container full of strippers to be delivered to your house in the morning.
    Be sure to be in so you can sign for the delivery.
    A large gent called Vlad will swing by in an unmarked van to collect them....

She didn't say she was called Sinead but spoke with a heavy eastern European accent?
    If so expect a shipping container full of strippers to be delivered to your house in the morning.
    Be sure to be in so you can sign for the delivery.
    A large gent called Vlad will swing by in an unmarked van to collect them....

I would love a container full of strippers to turn up, it would beat the usual bills that come through the door.

I presume they were in the Ireland office in Blanch and have heard ye olde tales of the Nissan Micra of lore

You ramraiding genius....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,765 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

And another console is about to be officially declared 'retro': http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-03-sony-to-discontinue-psp-in-japan-next-month

Start vacuum wrapping your UMDs for maximum grading potential!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,276 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'm just amazed Sony are still making PSPs. For a console I always thought was a bit of a failure, 10 years really isn't shabby at all.

I guess all those jrpgs gave it a second lease of life!

Well the PSP became the JRPG machine of choice from about 2011 onwards and the Vita has now taken over so for once Sony and Co. are doing something right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Ordered the Vecflash today, heres hoping it lands by friday, can't wait! Now, any recommendations of what games to start with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Got a couple of them Ikea Detolf cabinets today to try tidy stuff up. Every time we went to get them over the last few weeks they would be sold out by 10:30am

need to figure out where I'm going to put them before I build them so I assume they will lye unbuilt for weeks :)

They are nice though.

trailbreaker77-44444-albums-cool-stuff-picture11791-10-5-13.jpg

There heavy bastard. Hope you didn't have to get the bus!

Los Lobos wrote: »
    Ordered the Vecflash today, heres hoping it lands by friday, can't wait! Now, any recommendations of what games to start with?

I don't think you understand, everything will fit in it, all the official releases and all the homebrew that matters, it'll all fit and the flashing software will make a decent menu too so it's simple to navigate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

I don't think you understand, everything will fit in it, all the official releases and all the homebrew that matters, it'll all fit and the flashing software will make a decent menu too so it's simple to navigate.

Hmm, Richard himself said it holds 31 games, so with homebrews etc its a lot more than that. I think there are the guts of 80 odd games out there now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

So NTSC-U for gamecube, is this an actual thing?
    Seem some for sale and wasn't sure if they were legit.

• Advertisement

Sent off stuff from an eBay sale last Wednesday up to the buyer in Dublin. It was just standard post. Buyer is saying the item still didn't arrive

Anybody have experience with anything like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

This is kind of cool... an RPG where you only get to click once:

http://shimage.net/one-tap-quest/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

DinoRex wrote: »
    This is kind of cool... an RPG where you only get to click once:

http://shimage.net/one-tap-quest/

Or not at all... :(
    Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Sent off stuff from an eBay sale last Wednesday up to the buyer in Dublin. It was just standard post. Buyer is saying the item still didn't arrive

Was it a lot? As in are you going to be out of pocket?
    Could be in a backlog after the bank holiday, whats his feedback like?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

safetyboy wrote: »
    Got a couple of them Ikea Detolf cabinets today to try tidy stuff up. Every time we went to get them over the last few weeks they would be sold out by 10:30am

need to figure out where I'm going to put them before I build them so I assume they will lye unbuilt for weeks :)

They are nice though.

Are they your Masterpiece transformers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

That's a long time alright, I know in my area its a different postman that delivers parcels and he only drops by twice/week so I'd give it another few days before worrying.
    Did you put a return address on the parcel?
    Did you put enough stamps to definitely cover the cost?
    I once stuck 2 60cent stamps on a small package(phone case) and sent it off, packet went missing then arrived back in my letterbox 10days later with a huge sticker stating it was being returned for not paying enough to cover the postage, I went into the post office later on that day and they only charged me 1.05, bastards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Unless I know the person, I only send by registered post. Got stung once on eBay for that on a pricey item. Never again.

Build a block list and use the preferences to set requirements for bids on your auctions or BIN items.

If folks don't want to pay the postage premium, especially on an expensive item, I'd be questioning it.

In your case chief, if it was sent standard post, aside from proof of postage you've nothing else to back you up. It's a sad state of affairs when folks try this sort of thing on (assuming that is the case here) but the best thing to do in future is insist on registered post, and if the buyer isn't interested, let them jog on and consider it a bullet dodged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Registered post all the way for ebay. I wonder though, as a seller, even with proof of postage, if ebay would still side with the buyer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,276 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just got a lead from a friend - he was buying a poster from a lady he knows and noticed she also had a boxed Super Nintendo with 20 boxed games.

She hasn't a notion how much to sell it all for. Going to send me on a list of the games later today to see if I'm interested.

Here's hoping for lots of Megaman X-3s and no sports games!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

ebay seems to have gone to **** lately, sellers cant leave neg feedback anymore.
    I've recently had a couple auctions won by competitors/someone looking to raise the value of their items with zero/low feedback then not pay for the items, no contact, then leave me negative feedback.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Just got a lead from a friend - he was buying a poster from a lady he knows and noticed she also had a boxed Super Nintendo with 20 boxed games.

She hasn't a notion how much to sell it all for. Going to send me on a list of the games later today to see if I'm interested.

Here's hoping for lots of Megaman X-3s and no sports games!! :D

take her to the cleaners :D

• Advertisement

Only 9 positive feedback on the buyer.

Foreign name aswell but seemed a nice guy. He had me wait almost a week before paying for the item so I might just wait it out and be an absolute bollox about it :p

Only like 20 quid but first time I've ever had hastle sending anything and I'd be pretty sure it's either a delay or he has it already.

I'll sort it, his money was transfered to my bank a/c anyway .Hastle like this really destroys eBay.

My girlfriend showed me a site yesterday ioffer.com I think it was, had a quick browse and there was a decent selection of games. Could be worth a look

Such a good game,
    And Luigi is a mean badass!

HomelyCluelessBat.gif

Myrddin wrote: »
    Registered post all the way for ebay. I wonder though, as a seller, even with proof of postage, if ebay would still side with the buyer.

I can confirm they do. Even if you lodge an investigation request qith An Post et al. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    I can confirm they do. Even if you lodge an investigation request qith An Post et al. :(

Seriously? There's not much incentive at all to be an ebay seller really is there :( I mean if proof of postage isn't enough, what more can you do?

Myrddin wrote: »
    Seriously? There's not much incentive at all to be an ebay seller really is there :( I mean if proof of postage isn't enough, what more can you do?

Yep. You will be asked to provide a tracking number for whatever it is you sent. If you don't have one or didn't send it registered post, the buyer wins. End of.

Been tried on that a couple of times. So now if I sell on eBay I just refuse standard post on stuff I'd rather not lose my arse on.

Whew learning how to code with Java is absolute torture.
    Spent the day coming to terms with the loops and whiles, bloody brain is fried.
    Must unwind with some Gameboy goodness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Only 9 positive feedback on the buyer.

Foreign name aswell but seemed a nice guy. He had me wait almost a week before paying for the item so I might just wait it out and be an absolute bollox about it :p

Only like 20 quid but first time I've ever had hastle sending anything and I'd be pretty sure it's either a delay or he has it already.

I'll sort it, his money was transfered to my bank a/c anyway .Hastle like this really destroys eBay.

My girlfriend showed me a site yesterday ioffer.com I think it was, had a quick browse and there was a decent selection of games. Could be worth a look

It's more than likely a delay as An Post are terrible. I've had stuff take over a month to arrive a couple of times from within Ireland and two of those were registered and one from a chap on here.
    Gube it another week or so but you're screwed with regards to any disputes.

@o1s1n - can I request that the price and content of those Snes games not to be made public knowledge? It would depress me no end, as I'm currently in the process of selling my last Snes games and I don't think I can ever get them back at the prices I paid for the condition they were.
    It's a sad year in the owaynott house for retro gaming.
    Nice find though. Reminds me of High fidelity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

If videogame box art hadn't changed in 30 years:

http://www.gamesradar.com/what-video-game-box-art-would-look-if-it-hadnt-changed-30-years/

Particularly like Soul Calibur and LA Noire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Doge

If videogame box art hadn't changed in 30 years:

http://www.gamesradar.com/what-video-game-box-art-would-look-if-it-hadnt-changed-30-years/

Particularly like Soul Calibur and LA Noire

The GTA V one gave me a rite giggl ther m9!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

So any plans for a name for the new "Post here when you get something new" thread?

I was thinking - The Arcade & Retro "So What Is It?" Thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Doge

I nominate "The Arcade and Retro GET Thread!"

Or gets, whichever looks better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

"Show us your GETs!"

"Hmm, I got something new today! So... What is It??"

I'll start a thread for the name then introduce a poll when the options are in.

Then pick the name myself, coz datz how i roll!

Done baby! Link my love pump!

Apparently Retr0's mum has been spotted by a new European telecope mounted camera!
    eso1417a.jpg?itok=K1hoK40V
    http://www.iflscience.com/space/new-camera-examines-saurons-eye

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Apparently Retr0's mum has been spotted by a new European telecope mounted camera!
    eso1417a.jpg?itok=K1hoK40V
    http://www.iflscience.com/space/new-camera-examines-saurons-eye
    Retro's ma is the CryEngine logo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

New thread title idea: "Get your GETS out for the lads?.... and Sera. "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

"GETS for days, yo!"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

So, World's largest video game collection is being auctioned off, I wonder would he consider splitting? :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,765 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Might be of interest to some. A new service that ships out 'big box' copies of indie games with a whole load of extras. Interesting pricing structure: based on a surprisingly cheap subscription service, but the game itself is a surprise every month! https://www.theindiebox.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

So it's bonus month this month. I'm pondering buying a next gen console even though I'm not overwhelmed by either of them, can't think of anything else to spend the gift voucher on really.

So... Xbox One or PS4?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement