Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,276 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Neither! Get a WiiU ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,765 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Wait until next week. E3 will give a better indication of where every console stands, and make your decision accordingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

JLFV743.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

o1s1n wrote: »
    Neither! Get a WiiU ;)

Have one already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,276 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

MrVestek wrote: »
    Have one already.

Get a second one for your bedroom :D

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    Get a second one for your bedroom :D

Gamepad already works in the bedroom. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Gamepad already works in the bedroom. :P

get it for your car

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

New thread title idea: "Get your GETS out for the lads?.... and Sera. "
    Actually, where is Sera lately? Haven't seen her around here for quite a bit.

Actually, where is Sera lately? Haven't seen her around here for quite a bit.

She kidnapped Sonic the Hedgehog and now she's on the run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Doge

Andrew76 wrote: »
    So, World's largest video game collection is being auctioned off, I wonder would he consider splitting? :pac:

And........the auction site is down! :pac:

http://www.gamegavel.com/item.cgi?show_item=958029

• Advertisement

Oh there it goes, loaded eventually!

Curent bid is $50,000.00

Looks like Nintendo are announcing a game called Mario Maker at E3:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/5/5784190/mario-maker-nintendo-e3-2014-rumor

mario_maker_leak.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

waveform wrote: »
    Looks like Nintendo are announcing a game called Mario Maker at E3:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/5/5784190/mario-maker-nintendo-e3-2014-rumor

mario_maker_leak.jpg

Want!

And, I think the kind of desire to see what Nintendo have planned, over and above the other console manufacturers, is a great, heartening thing to see and hear.
    Maybe, just maybe, they'll turn this thing around.
    Everything I have that can be crossed has been crossed, for luck!

Just realized that the PS3's AV multi out is the exact same as the one in the PS1 & PS2!

This means i should be able to use my existing PS2 RGB Scart cable if I ever want to play the console on my Trinitron CRT.

Anyone ever tried using an old RGB Scart cable like this with the PS3?

I'm not liking how long the mandatory install of just under 3GB's of game data for Gran Turismo 5 is taking though!

As it's bluray, i thought it would be much faster!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Anyone ever tried using an old RGB Scart cable like this with the PS3?
    It's what I used before I got a HDTV. An old Blaze PS2 RGB cable (with a switch on for composite out when playing DVDs!). Works perfectly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

I'm not liking how long the mandatory install of just under 3GB's of game data for Gran Turismo 5 is taking though!

As it's bluray, i thought it would be much faster!

You'll get that a lot. The updates on the PS3 are both lengthy and frequent. There'll always be something on it that needs to be updated.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You'll get that a lot. The updates on the PS3 are both lengthy and frequent. There'll always be something on it that needs to be updated.

It's like an old man emptying a tiny prostate troubled bladder, happens often and always takes ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Donatron

Anyone here ever give system link much of a go back in the day? Did many consoles feature it besides the ps1? I guess it's essentially the same thing as LAN, but both seem to have been sadly underused.

I have a hankering for Ridge Racer 4, and Bushido Blade looks pretty interesting over system link!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Might be of interest to some. A new service that ships out 'big box' copies of indie games with a whole load of extras. Interesting pricing structure: based on a surprisingly cheap subscription service, but the game itself is a surprise every month! https://www.theindiebox.com/

Any idea how much the s+h will work out as?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Resisting urge to buy Japanese visual novel games...

• Advertisement

Donatron wrote: »
    Anyone here ever give system link much of a go back in the day? Did many consoles feature it besides the ps1? I guess it's essentially the same thing as LAN, but both seem to have been sadly underused.

I have a hankering for Ridge Racer 4, and Bushido Blade looks pretty interesting over system link!

The early Mega Drive Model 1's had a serial port that could do this, but Zero Tolerance is the only game that made use of it asfaik!

The PS2' could be linked with a standard Firewire cable also, they called it "i.link."

Time Crisis 2 + 3 could be played with 2 TV's, one for each player.

Full list of compatible PS2 games at the bottom of this page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_2_online_games

Didn't know this but the original Xbox and Xbox 360 can be linked for offline multiplayer also!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_System_Link_games

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_System_Link_games

Just saying that men and women have a system link feature as well and, in my experience, it's about as much fun as local multiplayer can be. ;)

Though Return Fire on the 3DO is a close second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I had two jtag'd 360's system linked at one point...works pretty well. Myself & a few of the lads from the console modding forum tried the Xlink Kai thing a few years ago & it was utter cack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Didn't know you could link Time Crisis 2 like that.

That is the singular most awesome thing I have ever seen. Today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Steve SI wrote: »

Will this have some sort of positive effect on the profile of the WiiU?
    If it's a raise in brand recognition it has needed then this Mario Kart 8 meme business has surely worked a treat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

As far as I am concerned Wii u is the only home console worth buying

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,765 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Any idea how much the s+h will work out as?

Sorry, not sure! It says it ships to a load of countries so I'd hope it wouldn't be too bad.

• Advertisement

As far as I am concerned Wii u is the only home console worth buying

You see, this is the forum where you can say that without being accused of being a raving Ninty Fanboy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    You see, this is the forum where you can say that without being accused of being a raving Ninty Fanboy!

You are neutral for calling wii u a disaster but a fanboy saying otherwise , accused of blind leadership for a company and brand despite coming up for reasons of your own :P

You are neutral for calling wii u a disaster but a fanboy saying otherwise , accused of blind leadership for a company and brand despite coming up for reasons of your own :P

Not to worry, they never come in here!
    Only their mods are about </< >\>

Bmuwq-xIUAAJwfs.jpg

Want!
    In Tesco as well!
    Fathers day pressie I think

edit: Pity they couldn't get the colours right though, if I'm going to nit pick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bmuwq-xIUAAJwfs.jpg

Want!
    In Tesco as well!

edit: Pity they couldn't get the colours right though, if I'm going to nit pick!

Want x 2

xzDYaWG.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    Want x 2

xzDYaWG.gif

If they have extra large then I am getting it today:D

• Advertisement

Bmuwq-xIUAAJwfs.jpg

Want!
    In Tesco as well!

Ah I wouldn't touch that. I am a t shirt snob and I think that is ****ing hacked together!

If you're going to get a Sega top get one that just reeks of the early 90s

http://www.dropdead.co/collections/sega-classics-collection/products/golden-axe-sweater

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Ah I wouldn't touch that. I am a t shirt snob and I think that is ****ing hacked together!

http://www.dropdead.co/collections/sega-classics-collection/products/golden-axe-sweater

Dude, I am a designer and that one you linked to it very badly presented, the soft edge surround is amateur looking, I much pre fare the Megadrive one to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I really like the mega drive tshirt except the buttons being coloured for no reason. It's like they thought a bit of colour would help it but decided to add what looks like snes colours to a mega drive tshirt.

Dude, I am a designer and that one you linked to it very badly presented, the soft edge surround is amateur looking, I much pre fare the Megadrive one to be honest.

But as he said, it 'reeks of the 90s'. It looks like a turtles or mario sweater that one may have picked up in their local clothes emporium that's dabbled in selling unlicensed material such as a TMNT tShirt or a transformers pjs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    But as he said, it 'reeks of the 90s'. It looks like a turtles or mario sweater that one may have picked up in their local clothes emporium that's dabbled in selling unlicensed material such as a TMNT tShirt or a transformers pjs.

45 sterling + postage for an ancient looking top with holes in it? No thanks. They could've picked a better game too (doesn't mean I'm agreeing with Ciderman's stance on it ofc :P).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

No Streets of Rage, no buy.

45 sterling + postage for an ancient looking top with holes in it? No thanks. They could've picked a better game too (doesn't mean I'm agreeing with Ciderman's stance on it ofc :P).

Oh yeah, it's pricey and they should have went with Altered Beast.

There's a remake of Hatoful Boyfriend coming out - aka that hilariously weird bird dating simulator from a few years back.

Great quote from the publisher:
    “Our research shows that consumer fatigue for space marines and dragons is at an all-time high – gamers are ready for something new and fresh,” said Devolver Digital CFO Fork Parker. “Semi-realistic pigeon dating simulations are the next great frontier in video games.”

Didn't know you could link Time Crisis 2 like that.

That is the singular most awesome thing I have ever seen. Today.

I'd love to play a Time Crisis 2 link game on 2 screens at a beers!

I even have 2 logic3 P99 light guns for the PS2 that have proper recoil that I could use for that real arcade experience!

One even has a foot pedal for cover!

Bmuwq-xIUAAJwfs.jpg

Want!
    In Tesco as well!

I never even knew that colour existed!
    It must be a tesco special because I havent seen it anywhere online when i eae buying my blue one:

528b4a42de43c.png

You can also get it in an inverted blue on white colours:

528a413e07b39.png

For people who don't know, just search for: Megadrive Lines t-shirt

to find sellers online. Its also on ebay.

Its an official sega product asfaik and the quality of tee is great!

Sorry for the large pics, couldnt link to the thumbnail pics as im on the ipad! Steve SI will kill me!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

That blue one isn't too bad actually. One thing that bugs me about all three is the picture of the cartridge - the top right corner is messed up, way too pointy. I know they're just representations but still, can't 'un-see' it now. The images look fine on a market-share leading peasant tablet. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

There's a remake of Hatoful Boyfriend coming out - aka that hilariously weird bird dating simulator from a few years back.

Great quote from the publisher:

I was reading that on Kotaku yesterday, great news as I tried to re-install it on my new laptop but couldn't get the english translation patch to work.

can't wait to crack on to all those disease carrying pidgeons

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Oh yeah, it's pricey and they should have went with Altered Beast.

Ah Dropdead are just such an overpriced brand and not that nice tbh. I would love if someone good got a licence to make some official sega merch

The only one I considered buying was this one

Unknown-1.png?32685

But 50+ for a vest thats just an official artowkr copy and paste.....jog on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭Steve X2

That blue one isn't too bad actually. One thing that bugs me about all three is the picture of the cartridge - the top right corner is messed up, way too pointy. I know they're just representations but still, can't 'un-see' it now. The images look fine on a market-share leading peasant tablet. :P

In fairness they're doing great things with those tablets these days :)

eidl.jpg

Just listening through the Ys Silver Anniversary retrospective and it's fantastic. It reinforces my belief that the series has the most spectacular music in the history of gaming. Some great arrange versions, gloriously overdoing the cheese factor:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement