Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ah Dropdead are just such an overpriced brand and not that nice tbh. I would love if someone good got a licence to make some official sega merch

The only one I considered buying was this one

Unknown-1.png?32685

But 50+ for a vest thats just an official artowkr copy and paste.....jog on

The next time someone posts this kind of filth on this forum there'll be bans, Bans I tell's ya!

And, by the way, I believe a mullet and handlebar moustache are mandatory to wear that top.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The next time someone posts this kind of filth on this forum there'll be bans, Bans I tell's ya!

And, by the way, I believe a mullet and handlebar moustache are mandatory to wear that top.
    Give it to this guy then.

redneck-randall.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That's exactly the look I was thinking of.
    Suit the typical SoR player down to the ground, shower of degenerate mutants!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

As opposed to the Senran Kagura fans

PIC4E79.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Give it to this guy then.

redneck-randall.jpg

So THAT'S what happened to him? :confused: :cool:

gaiares_%2819%29.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

You talkin' bad about my Streets of Rage!?

axel-streets-of-rage-21362069-527-387.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Here one that I think should go down well

http://www.recordshopx.com/merch/sega/revenge_of_shinobi/

Who doesn't love some shinobi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Doge

Andrew76 wrote: »
    That blue one isn't too bad actually. One thing that bugs me about all three is the picture of the cartridge - the top right corner is messed up, way too pointy. I know they're just representations but still, can't 'un-see' it now. The images look fine on a market-share leading peasant tablet. :P

You know I never noticed the pointy corner of the cartridge!

Now my tee is ruined! :(

306607.png

Need to take that again with me doing a thumbs down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,276 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

One side of the cart looks like a pal one (pointy) and the other side kind of looks like a Japanese one.

• Advertisement

Can't help but notice the two of each console on the desk behind you.
    Weirdo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Running a new radio series in work at the moment you guys might be interested in. It's about experimental music and chip tunes.

Episode 2 deals with video game culture:

https://soundcloud.com/nearfm/mad-scientists-of-music-episode-2-growing-up-digital

Master of the Universe

DinoRex wrote: »
    Running a new radio series in work at the moment you guys might be interested in. It's about experimental music and chip tunes.[/url]

Sounds very interesting. Will give this series a listen for sure.

What else are you covering in the series? Anything under the IDM banner? It would be great to hear a properly constructed piece about artists such as Battles, Venetian Snares, Aphex Twin, Kid 606 etc. :)

Heck, you could even explore Moog, Moroder et al with a big piece on synths. I recall watching an amazing video of The Edgar Winter Group from 1973 where the performance stood out to me for four reasons:

1. The bassist looked a bit 'too' excited throughout the song. He was also wearing a cravat.

2. The other bloke on guitar looks like Keith Cheguin who's just finished a P.E. lesson and forgot to get changed.

3. There is a man wearing a cape in it.

4. Said cape-wearing man proceeds to spend about 7 minutes fiddling with a synth.

Oh look, here it is:

...and to expand further on the aforementioned. It would appear that video is so amazing (which it genuinely is), that someone has painstakingly produced a minute-by-minute analysis of said video.

It's all about the man in a cape. Impressive. :)

http://grantland.com/features/frankenstein-monster/

Don't know too much about the content but the upcoming episode titles are: 'Taking Toys Apart', 'The Hacker in the Gallery', 'The Instrument of the Law' and 'Postcards from the Edge'

• Advertisement

Taking Toys Apart'

Sounds like circuit-bending kiddy Casio's? Or those bizarre Russian toy keyboards that are ripe for modding.

p.s: I think you should produce the whole show while wearing a cape. :)

I'm hoping to pull together a plan for a retro collecting and gaming in Ireland documentary series. May be towards the end of the year, but I'll be sure to hassle you all to take part.

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    ...and to expand further on the aforementioned. It would appear that video is so amazing (which it genuinely is), that someone has painstakingly produced a minute-by-minute analysis of said video.

It's all about the man in a cape. Impressive. :)

http://grantland.com/features/frankenstein-monster/

That video is really amazing! I love some synth maniac behaviour!

Reminded my to take another look at this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Just heard rik mayall died today :(

• Advertisement

Ah ****!

Used to love watching the young ones and bottom

Master of the Universe

Just after reading that now. Genuinely saddened, he was one of my comedy heroes growing up. Absolutely loved Bottom and The Young Ones.

Some great appearances in Black Adder too.

Time to fire up some Hogs of War in memory!

?
    What?
    ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

the world lost a man of greatness,We will miss u lord flashheart.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/rik-mayall-dead-adrian-edmondson-3667289

Adrian Edmondson given his thoughts on the passing of his friend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

long overdue, by far my favorite sonic song

For some reason they always remind me of this

and this

A sad state is my old mind now :(

• Advertisement

Running a new radio series in work at the moment you guys might be interested in. It's about experimental music and chip tunes.

Episode 2 deals with video game culture:

https://soundcloud.com/nearfm/mad-scientists-of-music-episode-2-growing-up-digital

Sweeeeeeet! Can't wait to listen to this tomorrow, i'm mega interested!

If you need any suggestions, input or feedback for future shows i'd love to contribute!

Can't help but notice the two of each console on the desk behind you.
    Weirdo!

Ah, do you not remember the original post I made with that pic a few weeks ago?

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/90344916

I see you liked the original post so you must have forgot about it!

I know the feeling though, my memory has deteriorated big time in the last year and I'm only after hitting 30!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,765 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The 30 second trailer that is likely to win E3. Now that's a retro art style to write home about (sample letter: "Hey ma, check out this retro art style!")

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

The 30 second trailer that is likely to win E3. Now that's a retro art style to write home about (sample letter: "Hey ma, check out this retro art style!")

Little early to be claiming victory what with The Last Guardian to come later. ;)

But it certainly looked more interesting (and colourful) than all the first person shooters on show. Inside and Ori looked ok but didn't think much of the MS presentation overall, certainly nothing to warrant buying an Xbox One.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭Steve X2

If I get a Jap N64 can I just pop in the UK PAL psu and work away?

Steve SI wrote: »
    If I get a Jap N64 can I just pop in the UK PAL psu and work away?

Yup
    That's what I have done, with a US N64 and a PAL psu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Yup
    That's what I have done, with a US N64 and a PAL psu.

Happy days :)
    I've a region free(or multi region I guess) RGB modded Jap N64 on the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Can anyone help me with setting up my Vecflash? I'm an idiot when it comes to this stuff. Any good guides online? I can't seem to find anything

Edit: Think I've figured it out!

AGT, also known as All Good Things, Vecmania and Vectopia, these are homebrew compilations.
    Rockaroids in the AGT one is simply my favourite Vectrex game, a near perfect port of Asteroids and the only way to play it on a vector monitor this side of an original cabinet.
    Look around a bit and find them all for free ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

BpxmJ7uCAAAb34U.jpg:large

Starfox WiiU

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Im really tempted to pick up a WiiU, i haven't bought any of the current gen consoles. Its the wife's Birthday next month... think she might be getting one..

Never played starfox nor am I excited but happy for everyone who is :L

keithgeo wrote: »
    Im really tempted to pick up a WiiU, i haven't bought any of the current gen consoles. Its the wife's Birthday next month... think she might be getting one..

I decided a few weeks ago that this household is definitely getting a Wii-U this year (zero interest in Xbox and PS4 can wait now with no TLG on the horizon). Just waiting to see if there are any new bundles or price drops.

I was planning on getting Mario 3D World, New Super Mario U + Luigi U and Nintendoland (probably via Mario Kart 8). Just need to decide on the cheapest route to get them all. :pac:

Master of the Universe

Never played starfox nor am I excited but happy for everyone who is :L

I read a really interesting article there about how Starfox always seems to need a 'gimmick' to succeed.

The Super FX Chip, the rumble pack, 3D feature etc - most of the other games have been pants.

Hopefully this is a turning point for the WiiU. If new Starfox and Metroid games come out then I think that'll have to be by queue to pick one up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

MK8 is a great laugh,

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    I read a really interesting article there about how Starfox always seems to need a 'gimmick' to succeed.

The Super FX Chip, the rumble pack, 3D feature etc - most of the other games have been pants.

Hopefully this is a turning point for the WiiU. If new Starfox and Metroid games come out then I think that'll have to be by queue to pick one up.

only rail shooter i had interest in was house of the dead series and time crisis.

Is it actually a good game or does it just have a lot of nostalgia factor for folks? Never played it myself I don't think. On-rails shooters wouldn't be my cup of tea either (if it is one of them).

Master of the Universe

It's on rails, but not really the same as HOTD, Time Crisis and Virtual cop. They're on rails light gun games.

These are on rails shooters like the Panzer Dragoon games, Galaxy Force II, REZ, Child of Eden etc

They can be great when done right.

o1s1n wrote: »
    It's on rails, but not really the same as HOTD, Time Crisis and Virtual cop. They're on rails light gun games.

These are on rails shooters like the Panzer Dragoon games, Galaxy Force II, REZ, Child of Eden etc

They can be great when done right.

ah i forgot about panzar dragoon :O

yeah they are great but I hold judgement till i see the digital event at least , wii u is dry for games as it is I hope it intrigues me

Having come to the N64 about a decade too late Starfox 64 was one of the few games I felt really held up and was a huge amount of fun to play.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement