Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

what's the pricing like in the retro game shops over there?

Everything is overpriced in Brazil, except caipirinhas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

GOOD GOD!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

World cup of sports ball?
    tumblr_lq6fsbWspA1r1rhh2o1_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

And does everyone just play the Megadrive?

Nope, atari was very big there too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Everything is overpriced in Brazil, except caipirinhas

Yeah. Isn't the PS4 retailing at about $2000 over there at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

$2,000? Have the owners of The RAGE set up a shop at the World Cup.

Worse. It's where Mr. Calculator now lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Doge

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    All I can think, bugger, a month of bloody football :(

310709.jpg

Any body see the king of arcades yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

urbanledge wrote: »
    Any body see the king of arcades yet?

No. Didn't realise it was out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

11520121110182.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,276 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ron DMC wrote: »

My missus linked me to that article on facebook.

A friend followed up with 'dude! For a moment I thought that was your kitchen!'

Could have slapped him :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

He got the ring back and has a kick ass bedroom. Result!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Worth it?

If it was a spare bedroom, then yeah, probably. If it was their bedroom, then she was right & what the hell was she thinking encouraging him by designing the floor :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

They don't have an official distributor over there so that's the prices some import places are setting them at.

So yeah... pretty much the german R.A.G.E.

It is super rare and hard to find after all! :P

Master of the Universe

I was in there the other day and spotted 2 Megadrive games which are worth a nice little sum of money.

They were in with the general Megadrive games so thought I was about to happen on some bargains - nope, both of them set at ebay prices.

If I remember, one of them is Bodycount and the price in the shop was €70.

Is there really a market in Dublin for an obscure €70 Megadrive game? I'm probably one of a handful of people who walked in and thought 'hmmm, must buy that' - only to wince at the price.

They'd have far better luck on ebay with things like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

And the same lazy people will describe it as an irrelevant rehash.
    Morons.

Has the potential to be brilliant as long as folks can upload and share their level designs. So this bit at the end, better mean they are going to incorporate such a feature:

"As for Internet sharing and Miiverse integration, Tezuka admits those details are still being worked out as well, but that he’s mindful of players’ desire to show off their level designs to friends."

And the same lazy people will describe it as an irrelevant rehash.
    Morons.

Lol man, you'll put yourself into an early grave giving a crap about the naysayers. Who gives a flying fcukaroo what a bunch of whinging forum dwellers think. As long as Nintendo stick around making great games, it's all good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I know, but it seems that unless you are calling Nintendo a bunch of anachronistic wasters who'd be better off making games for IOS and Android you're called a Ninty fanboi and it really does my head in.

I seen people praising littlebigplanet 3 but then said yoshi wolly world is a joke

More Hypocrites more than anything

Yoshi looks lovely but if the gameplay is akin to the N64 game Yoshis Story it's going to upset some people, I loved it but there are those, here even, that really don't like it.
    Oddly enough, Kirby 64 is very very like it indeed, at least in terms of design, not 3D at all, not really.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I know, but it seems that unless you are calling Nintendo a bunch of anachronistic wasters who'd be better off making games for IOS and Android you're called a Ninty fanboi and it really does my head in.

I'd have a lot more respect for them if every second game they released wasn't feckin mario/zelda/metroid related..;)
    Mind you..if its any consolation at this stage I hate Sony and Microsoft equally as well..
    ..and Valve ..and EA..and actiblizzard..in fact everyone except Atlus and ..er..actually thats it..

Yoshi looks lovely but if the gameplay is akin to the N64 game Yoshis Story it's going to upset some people, I loved it but there are those, here even, that really don't like it.
    Oddly enough, Kirby 64 is very very like it indeed, at least in terms of design, not 3D at all, not really.

Never played Yoshi's Story. Hopefully it will be more like Yoshi's Island on the Snes - that was a brilliant game.

I thought Woolly World and Zelda were the most visually impressive games shown during E3. The more realistic type games, COD/The Division etc, don't have the same wow factor for me. Actually one thing that bugs me with those type of games (I think The Witcher 3 was an example) - it's 2014 and they still can't do decent lip synching in cut scenes - rubbish.

Here's another Wii U title that seemed to sort of sneak in this week:

Looks brilliantly over the top.

Im very neutral when it comes to backing a company , I go where the games are as they matter the most but I feel I have to call bull**** when I see it.
    Unpopular opinion was fine as it was exactly as it said and you knew what to expect, and I am perfectly fine if someone just says Nintendo games do not appeal to me , grand ! Thats perfect but thats not what you get , what you get its Nintendo rehases , they are kiddy casual muck , at least other companies change there games enough more so than nintendo do.

You provided evidence and facts to dispute there hypocrisy then you are labelled a fanboy.

You see a wii u is dead in the water thread still up , I make a is sony is trouble thread , gets moved to the ps forum and I am labelled stupid , talking out of my arse , trolling even though I give not one or two but mulitple thread and arctiles to back up my claims.

I am young , 24 years old just turned but I remember a time when I had a sega megadrive and my uncle gave me his nes I was happy to play on another platform , fanboy **** never meant anything to me at a time where I cherish the memories playing the megadrive I had equal love and memories playing shadowgate on the nes , mario all star on the snes , mario bros 3 on the nes

Then moved on to the gameboys and playstation 1 and 2 and when at a time I skipped the n64 and gamecube I still loved playing goldeneye , banjoo kazooie , super monkey ball , luigi mansion.

It has always being about the games , seems we moved past that our maybe its the way the world has moved on.

Its all about dark gritty blood sex and rock n roll to make you feel masocline. Bro fist pumping with guns 50ft tall with bullets that have much impact that your girlfriend can drool over in the corner.

Use to be a time Where it was sega out weighing nintendo to outdo each other , now it seems looking at the directs all about youtube , entertainment media systems , never thought I see a day when I watch a gaming expo to listen to men in suites go on about tv and movies.

Looking at the order 1886 which i had high regard towards the studio making it because of god of war on psp all I see is a interactive movie.

Do not get me wrong I love a good story more than anybody else but when a game seems to cater more than the gaming aspect then I lose interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Call me a Nintendo Fanboy!!

Nintendo definitely won E3 even though most of the games we expected like Zelda etc.
    Nice to see that they are making some new games like codename STEAM, Captain Toad and Splattoon which all look good but I'll hold out on Splattoon until I play it.

Nintendo IMO are the best of this gen so far even though they're getting slagged off on the interwebs by dopes. The sheer quality of their games speak for themselves. I haven't played a bad Wii U game so far.

As for the 3DS the amount of quality games available for it on both E-shop and retail is great and is sending the console into the stratosphere of awesomeness just like the DS.

As for the Gameboy.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

DinoRex wrote: »
    Here's another Wii U title that seemed to sort of sneak in this week:

It really looks mental.

I'm counting the days until someone comes into the Tattoos and Piercings asking how much would it cost to get those tattoos, and then give out about it being too much, that their mate knows someone that'll come to their house and do it for €50, a slab of Stella and 40 B&H...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,910 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Finally got some internet access. Got fibre installed two weeks ago in Sligo and it's taken Vodafone 2 weeks to confirm that they installed it in the wrong location and still haven't done anything about. they're bloody useless. Really annoying I missed all of E3 because of it :( My car breaking down halfway to Galway didn't help either.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Finally got some internet access. Got fibre installed two weeks ago in Sligo and it's taken Vodafone 2 weeks to confirm that they installed it in the wrong location and still haven't done anything about. they're bloody useless. Really annoying I missed all of E3 because of it :( My car breaking down halfway to Galway didn't help either.
    I had a different situation, but it's all the same in my mind. My connection just kept dropping and dropping during all the streams I watched. Thank god I got to see who won the Smash tourney.

Vodafone too, by the way.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

No wonder the Games forum went off the rails, poor Johnny U couldn't cope with the solo run ;)

pdbhp wrote: »
    Call me a Nintendo Fanboy!!

You're a Nintendo Fanboy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Unfortunately didn't find any decent retro stores in Vancouver, couple I seen are ridiculously overpriced.
    Alaska just got hold of the Atari 2600 recently so no joy there either...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

If you're a lame, that's a shame you can't hang with us.

36A9857F-6FC8-4668-971C-ED678B5C4A5C_zpswbrysm5e.jpg

I've had too much tesco value vodka and with that I bit you adieu!

• Advertisement

If you're a lame, that's a shame you can't hang with us.

36A9857F-6FC8-4668-971C-ED678B5C4A5C_zpswbrysm5e.jpg

I've had too much tesco value vodka and with that I bit you adieu!
    Before we know it, you'll be living up to your tag.

Bunch of CRTs dumped in Trinity... you can be fairly sure they work just fine too:

Jp3fGLAl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Shouldn't they be recycled or something?

I have no idea what happens to them. If you walk through Trinity there's always loads of old tech in really nice condition just dumped. I found a cool looking 800k Digital Camera a few months back.

Master of the Universe

I saw a fairly shocking documentary recently about how Africa has become a dumping ground for electronic waste.

In many cases companies think their stuff is sent off to be recycled - but it just ends up in a big, burning dump in some poor African country. (where they literally melt electronic waste down to try and salvage copper)

• Advertisement

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/06/16/street-fighter-iv-producer-yoshinori-ono-leaves-capcom-vancouver?abthid=539eff30bf985e957c000005

Seems Yoshinori Ono has left Capcom Vancover , but its sure if he left Capcom All together

Let me just leave this here...

UrOIQ5H.png

heh heh heh...

xTxyOal.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

So my SNES I bought on Ebay came today.

I'm getting 'no signal' on all of my TV's.

So now I don't know if it's my TV's, the scart I bought separate or the console itself that does not work!

Sigh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Keno wrote: »
    So my SNES I bought on Ebay came today.

I'm getting 'no signal' on all of my TV's.

So now I don't know if it's my TV's, the scart I bought separate or the console itself that does not work!

Sigh.

The cart slot may need a clean, I have seen that before sorting a snes out with similar problems.

Monkeykube wrote: »
    The cart slot may need a clean, I have seen that before sorting a snes out with similar problems.

What cleaning supplies should I use? I don't wanna use anything that will break it!

Keno wrote: »
    What cleaning supplies should I use? I don't wanna use anything that will break it!

Cotton buds + cleaning solution.

*edit* or the cleaning solution + cloth / tissue + credit card technique.

Master of the Universe

Does 'no signal' mean nothing at all on both AV channels (so a blue screen) or a blank 'black' picture on AV channels?

The first means there's something wrong with the cable.
    The second means your cart slot/carts are probably dirty and need a clean.

Just gave it a clean there but to no avail.
    o1s1n wrote: »
    Does 'no signal' mean nothing at all on both AV channels (so a blue screen) or a blank 'black' picture on AV channels?

The first means there's something wrong with the cable.
    The second means your cart slot/carts are probably dirty and need a clean.

On one TV it's a screen like the one below. On the TV in the sitting room it's a blue screen.

Master of the Universe

Ah yeah you're literally getting no signal out of the console.

If it was a dirty cart you'd be getting a signal, the screen would just be black.

I'd say it's the scart cable. Only thing you can really do is to try another (or do you maybe have a composite or RF cable lying about that you could try instead?)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement