Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

They don't know what the truth is either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well finally got the intrawebs back in Sligo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I never had a SNES when I was younger so I was thinking of getting a few SNES games to add to my collection. I was going to just get the games that I played on a friends SNES a lot. Games like International Superstar Soccer, Mario World etc...

But I am pretty shocked by some of the prices for SNES games on eBay. And I'm only looking for the cartridge.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Buy Japanese or US. If you don't need to read then Japanese carts can be very cheap.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Buy Japanese or US. If you don't need to read then Japanese carts can be very cheap.

Would any savings on the game not be cancelled out by extra postage costs?

Would any savings on the game not be cancelled out by extra postage costs?

I picked up all 3 Donkey Kong Country games for 11 euro from hitjapan. I got about 10 other games and even added all the combined shipping to that I paid around half the price a PAL copy of the first game goes for.

Castlevania Vampires Kiss goes for around 100 euros. I got it for 30 plus shipping. Stuff like castlevania 4 and contra 3 can got for silly money for the PAL version. You can get them for 15 as Japanese carts.

Really there's absolutely no point buying PAL games unless its an exclusive like the firemen or terranigma (and you'll pay through the nose for them). Japanese games are still really reasonable with great sellers on ebay like hit Japan and Luke games for us games. Their combined shipping is stupidly good.

Also if you haven't a modded console with a frequency switch or a us machine modded with a frequency switch you are doing it wrong.

Had to pull myself away from ebay when I realised I was studying racket boys rarest games lists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭ondafly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

So looks like I'm heading out to Kotka, Finland for a few days next week to set up one of our new regional offices IT wise.

Two days to set up an entire infrastructure. Yeah that's possible.

Aherm.

Anyway anybody know anything about the Retro scene out there?

Anywhere to look while I'm there?

Gimmick on the NEs only got a Scandinavian release. Might be worth keeping an eye out for it although I think it was only in Sweden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Gimmick on the NEs only got a Scandinavian release. Might be worth keeping an eye out for it although I think it was only in Sweden.

Thats crazy money, & even then, only if you can find it seemingly. Did it get a Famicom release?

MFW I don't have a spare €500 to spend on one rare NES title:

MCVNi4.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,105 ✭✭✭Doge

Stunning!

One of the most beautiful games ever gets the posters it deserves:

http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/1/5861320/beautiful-okami-art

path-of-heaven_okami_capcom_pic1.jpg

seeking-the-celestial-brush-gods_okami_pic1.jpg

MrVestek wrote: »
    MFW I don't have a spare €500 to spend on one rare NES title:

MCVNi4.gif

Damn I thought my dancing would have went unnoticed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Everyone hyped for the new Smash Bros game...? New trailer is looking great:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

DinoRex wrote: »
    Everyone hyped for the new Smash Bros game...? New trailer is looking great:

Could or be as much a gaming masterclass as Mario Kart 8 is?
    Could this ignite interest in fighting games again, I feel most of them have fast become niche titles.

I can't wait to see the sales of the WiiU in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

So looks like I'm heading out to Kotka, Finland for a few days next week to set up one of our new regional offices IT wise.

Two days to set up an entire infrastructure. Yeah that's possible.

Aherm.

Anyway anybody know anything about the Retro scene out there?

Anywhere to look while I'm there?

Ah Kotka - was there a few years back for a company I work for :) nothing like the 10ish-euro beers to keep yea sober

Really there's absolutely no point buying PAL games unless its an exclusive like the firemen or terranigma (and you'll pay through the nose for them). Japanese games are still really reasonable with great sellers on ebay like hit Japan and Luke games for us games. Their combined shipping is stupidly good.

Do you ever get caught for customs duty when using sellers like those on eBay?

• Advertisement

Do you ever get caught for customs duty when using sellers like those on eBay?

I've been caught twice for custom duty and both times it was stuff from playasia and not ebay. I've been ordering stuff online for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Damn I thought my dancing would have went unnoticed.
    Not with those sexy moves, even better if you were Sailor Moon though

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Ah Kotka - was there a few years back for a company I work for :) nothing like the 10ish-euro beers to keep yea sober

Seriously?! Good thing I'm getting a cash advance for expenses...

lads,
    whats the options for getting an original xbox to vga?
    cheers

The Navajo section in Beyond Two Souls might just be the dumbest thing I've ever seen in a videogame. David Cage should be too embarrassed to walk down the street after creating that ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

who was selling an icade recently, with upgraded buttons/etc, was it steve?

edit: T'was him alright, just found the adverts ad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

The Navajo section in Beyond Two Souls might just be the dumbest thing I've ever seen in a videogame. David Cage should be too embarrassed to walk down the street after creating that ****.

I got as far as just finishing the burning building bit... haven't managed to drag myself back to it.

Vectrex Roli me was telling me today that he plays 2 player Starsky and Hutch on the PS2 in the house,
    one person using a racing wheel and the other using a light gun:

Never knew a game supported that, he reckons it might be the only game that supports both, at least on the PS2 anyway!

who was selling an icade recently, with upgraded buttons/etc, was it steve?

edit: T'was him alright, just found the adverts ad

Hehe there's a queue waiting for that yoke! ;) he's holding onto it now though! :'(

I might give d'oul icade core an upgrade sometime, i'd like to try out some Sanwa buttons first though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Yep, decided to hang onto it.
    Will do a custom paint or skin job on it as well I think.

• Advertisement

Steve SI wrote: »
    Yep, decided to hang onto it.
    Will do a custom paint or skin job on it as well I think.

You'll have to change the ghey coloured buttons though!

I was thinking of having YOU pay me the €25 to take it off your hands! :D

waveform wrote: »
    You'll have to change the ghey coloured buttons though!

I was thinking of having YOU pay me the €25 to take it off your hands! :D

If you think the buttons are "ghey" never ever go to Japan, you'll not be able to handle the colours in Akihabara :D

Street Fighter 2 Church Edition

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Steve SI wrote: »
    If you think the buttons are "ghey" never ever go to Japan, you'll not be able to handle the colours in Akihabara :D

Hmmm...
    Pink textured knobs....

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Hmmm...
    Pink textured knobs....

Sorry lads, I'll have to cancel my trip to dublin this weekend! ;)

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Hmmm...
    Pink textured knobs....

I've got some pink mesh balls, and I like to show them to people when they visit my home. That is all :)

You might as well tell me now lads....
    This Retro thing is all a front isn' it! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Sure why do you think Mr. Vestek invited you to stay over for the wkend... :P

"Those aren't pillows...!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Andrew76 wrote: »

Timeless :D

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Sure why do you think Mr. Vestek invited you to stay over for the wkend... :P

Myrddin wrote: »
    Timeless :D
    It also happened to remind me of this scene.

I could watch that with my son but only for that scene.
    But I would never skip past it...
    It'll just have to wait!

Haha, I'd be more of a John Candy and steve would be more of a Steve Martin thats for sure! He'll be sick of me by the end of the weekend!

I love this scene also!

Did that pic not show up for people?

For feck sake this was meant to show....

ULrbRMg.jpg

Given the only appears to be a single female as a regular here, it would probably involve a lifestyle choice I'm not entirely personally comfortable with if it was a secret swingers club.

We have had some women visit A&R villas in the past but something seems to frighten them away...
    I think it's the worry the Cosplay community here might raid their wardrobes tbh.

Just realized i said steve irwin instead of steve martin lol!

I better get some sleep or i'll be unconcious at the beers.... :/

• Advertisement

Picked up a free CRT off of adverts yesterday (something the missus wouldn't let me have... hurrah).

Currently in the process of building a small 'retro corner' of my main sitting room.

Being able to play light gun games again brings back so much nostalgia!

I nostalgia'd hard last night when playing Confidential Mission on the Dreamcast. Used to always play that in the arcade back in the day and boy... it has *not* aged well.

Anyway I was just wondering if anybody had a copy of House Of The Dead 2 (any region) knocking about for DC?

How about a light gun?

Thanks.

Picked up a free CRT off of adverts yesterday (something the missus wouldn't let me have... hurrah).

Currently in the process of building a small 'retro corner' of my main sitting room.

Being able to play light gun games again brings back so much nostalgia!

I nostalgia'd hard last night when playing Confidential Mission on the Dreamcast. Used to always play that in the arcade back in the day and boy... it has *not* aged well.

I'd have to disagree, I played it recently and enjoyed it.
    I prefer Virtua Cop 2 tbh though.
    Anyway I was just wondering if anybody had a copy of House Of The Dead 2 (any region) knocking about for DC?

How about a light gun?

Thanks.

would this be better placed as a Wanted ad in the A&R Marketplace?
    I'm sure there's a couple knocking around.
    Actually, I might have a DC lightgun knocking around spare, if you've something to trade.

Stick the ad in the A&R Marketplace anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Just went live today, finally a PAL 2600 rarity site

http://www.atariboxed.com/

Los Lobos wrote: »
    Just went live today, finally a PAL 2600 rarity site

http://www.atariboxed.com/
    *looks around site*

What website advertises that it has a guestbook in this day and age?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement