Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

waveform wrote: »
    Will we ever see Myrddin at the beers? ;)

Yourself and Steve SI are totally dryballs when it comes to them! :p

I totally respect your decision but at the same time I feel it's a shame ye don't go!

Would like to see you guys at them.

(Yeah I know, now you're even far less likely to go after I told you that! )

When you say 'at the beers', if you actually mean 'not at the beers' then yep! :P

On an unrelated note - what is your avatar supposed to be? Looks like a lobster run over by a car or something. (or maybe I need glasses)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Happy birthday o1s1n...you've been quiet enough round here, hope all is well dude :)
    Will we ever see Myrddin at the beers? ;)

Yourself and Steve SI are totally dryballs when it comes to them! :p

I totally respect your decision but at the same time I feel it's a shame ye don't go!

Would like to see you guys at them.

(Yeah I know, now you're even far less likely to go after I told you that! )

Ah I'll definitely make it to another one at some stage, really enjoyed the last one I went to (which must have been yonks ago now!). Evening courses, my son, & my other half mean my time for such ventures can be very limited...but I'll just have to make the time at some stage. It doesn't help that Cidey's house is in a different time zone...but what can one do :D

Is there an Outrun game for the original Xbox that has lost licensing rights & can't be got online anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

So I picked up one of the new V2.0 Hyperkin Supaboys. On its way to me now from Germany.

The first version had terrible sound and battery life and this new version has double the battery life and much improved sound it seems(and better emulation). It also comes with USB charging which is handy.
    I know i know its emulation using the real carts but I want it to live beside my LCD modded Nomad. Think it's worth the price alone for that :0)

Anyone got the old or new versions of this? It looks like it only plays US SNES and Super Famicom carts, but I cant find any solid info on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Steve SI wrote: »
    So I picked up one of the new V2.0 Hyperkin Supaboys. On its way to me now from Germany.

The first version had terrible sound and battery life and this new version has double the battery life and much improved sound it seems(and better emulation). It also comes with USB charging which is handy.
    I know i know its emulation using the real carts but I want it to live beside my LCD modded Nomad. Think it's worth the price alone for that :0)

Anyone got the old or new versions of this? It looks like it only plays US SNES and Super Famicom carts, but I cant find any solid info on that.

I've never used one myself, but the rage are selling them. I can't imagine them doing too well if they didn't play PAL games. I'd imagine it's along the lines of a retro duo without the NES compatibility.

I've never used one myself, but the rage are selling them. I can't imagine them doing too well if they didn't play PAL games. I'd imagine it's along the lines of a retro duo without the NES compatibility.

Which version do they have in The Rage? The v2 is in a dark box and the V1 is in a light coloured box with a transparent top I think. I know the Supaboy doesnt officially play PAL games but I think a few run on the v1 and i was wondering if the v2 is better. Still, not too bothered as it'll be used for NTSC carts anyway and an everdrive.

Steve SI wrote: »
    Which version do they have in The Rage? The v2 is in a dark box and the V1 is in a light coloured box with a transparent top I think. I know the Supaboy doesnt officially play PAL games but I think a few run on the v1 and i was wondering if the v2 is better. Still, not too bothered as it'll be used for NTSC carts anyway and an everdrive.

I'm not sure to be honest. They had one loose on the counter. They've been selling them for a while, so I'd assume it's probably the v1.

I think I read somewhere that they'll play older PAL games, but after '92/'93 you'll get some problems. I've read about some issues with PAL games that have battery saves, and games with the FX chip usually have problems too.

I was sure they played PAL games though, but maybe I was thinking of the Retro Duo Portable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Home sick today and just gave the Dark Souls 2 DLC a quick go... seems cool looking but perhaps a bit rehashy... far too ill to play much though... I blame that devil hotel I stayed in in Limerick over the weekend, it was just the worst!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

DinoRex wrote: »
    Home sick today and just gave the Dark Souls 2 DLC a quick go... seems cool looking but perhaps a bit rehashy... far too ill to play much though... I blame that devil hotel I stayed in in Limerick over the weekend, it was just the worst!

Don't blame Limerick, you'll have Sera to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Sleeping with a kevlar vest on in this heat is bound to make you sick.

Curse those Limerick lodgings!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

STG.Otaku wrote: »

I didn't mean it in a derogatory way against Limerick, I just meant it in a defend your home town type of way. I judge people as I meet them, to me colour, race, creed or sexuality make no difference. At the end of the day you can never choose your neighbours and we all have red blood flowing through us irrespective of where we come from and who we choose to love.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Monkeykube wrote: »
    I didn't mean it in a derogatory way against Limerick, I just meant it in a defend your home town type of way. I judge people as I meet them, to me colour, race, creed or sexuality make no difference. At the end of the day you can never choose your neighbours and we all have red blood flowing through us irrespective of where we come from and who we choose to love.

Ye what? That's a bit serious isn't it. :pac:

I think the Pyongster was just joking with the kevlar vest lark.

Although if he doesn't pull his socks up and post out that damn thing he was meant to post out weeks ago, then he'll need to start wearing a vest! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I was surprised how complimentary he was of it; appreciate how he points how it all comes together after a full playthrough and isn't a 20 minute impression game.

Starmen.net are doing celebrations for the 25th anniversary of Mother the last week and a bit. It's capped off with an exclusive one-on-one with Phil Sandhop, the chap who localized the aborted US release of what's now known as Earthbound Zero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwmwf47gmx8

• Advertisement

I love Limerick. I just hate that hotel I stayed in.

Far too many spiders in the bed sheets, far too many mystery red and yellow stains on the carpet and a far too loud DJ playing far too terrible music until after 3am at night.

Think the pounding headache and fever I've had for the past 3 days is finally lifting now though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

STG.Otaku wrote: »

Any Limerick person worth their salt will tell you Kevlar won't stop a knife.

"The slow blade penetrates the shield."

IKh8ASI.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I'll be quite honest with you, I cannot for the life of me decode that!
    That guy who called you Cush at the beers, it was that he called you right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Home sick today
    Have you like flu? Me and Sinead could barely speak to each other on Monday.

• Advertisement

Sera wrote: »
    Have you like flu? Me and Sinead could barely speak to each other on Monday.

Woke up with that a few days ago. Losing my voice right now, which everyone seems to find hilarious. I'm both hot and cold at the same time. I've never felt more like a Katy Perry song than right now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've never felt more like a Katy Perry song than right now.

Daisy Dukes, Bikinis on top?

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Daisy Dukes, Bikinis on top?

I can't say I've ever worn either of those myself. I don't think I could pull it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Ye what? That's a bit serious isn't it. :pac:

I think the Pyongster was just joking with the kevlar vest lark.

Although if he doesn't pull his socks up and post out that damn thing he was meant to post out weeks ago, then he'll need to start wearing a vest! :P

Aye, no malice intended Monkster. :)

p.s: Thank you Anthony for reminding me I've to get you that yoke out! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

Myrddin wrote: »
    Happy birthday o1s1n...you've been quiet enough round here, hope all is well dude :)

Ah I'll definitely make it to another one at some stage, really enjoyed the last one I went to (which must have been yonks ago now!). Evening courses, my son, & my other half mean my time for such ventures can be very limited...but I'll just have to make the time at some stage. It doesn't help that Cidey's house is in a different time zone...but what can one do :D

Ah cool, i thought you never went to the beers!

When you said "myrddin doesn't do videos" also, i thought you weren't the most social person! :P

Ah cool, i thought you never went to the beers!

Well I only went to one so far, few years ago now...good fun though & would like to make it out again :)
    When you said "myrddin doesn't do videos" also, i thought you weren't the most social person! :P

Was that in relation to the Game Chasers DVD unboxing videos or something? Making vids in general wouldn't be my cup of tea, nothing to do with social interaction, I just wouldn't be confident enough to do them :)

Was that in relation to the Game Chasers DVD unboxing videos or something? Making vids in general wouldn't be my cup of tea, nothing to do with social interaction, I just wouldn't be confident enough to do them :)

Awwww! The little dote! :D

Awwww! The little dote! :D

"Hearing your own voice" syndrome is bad enough...but cameras? Feck that :D

"Hearing your own voice" syndrome is bad enough...but cameras? Feck that :D

Yeah i'm the same actually, but this year I've been taking loads of selfies and sort of getting over it.

I don't think I'd have a good voice for youtube, but i'd still like to force myself to do it.

I was on pirate radio before and i'd say 10 people were listening if I was lucky, and i still choked when I went to talk, my throat completely dried up! :p

Yeah i'm the same actually, but this year I've been taking loads of selfies and sort of getting over it.

Ah I'm gone past all that, leave that to you young guns. I'll stay in the 80's/90's & ya's can have the rest :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Ah I'm gone past all that, leave that to you young guns. I'll stay in the 80's/90's & ya's can have the rest :P

I'll talk to you on ICQ later on then :P

I would like to do youtube videos but I have an appalling voice and nobody can understand me, and when I do slow down I just sound funny

I'll talk to you on ICQ later on then :P

IRC dude, come on like :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I hope we never see Myrddin at a beers again. Not because he's bad company - quite the opposite in fact. But simply because his elegant, mysterious disappearance after conclusively trashing all comers in Street Fighter IV is too perfect :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

IRC dude, come on like

Sure lets just get out the ham radio
    I hope we never see Myrddin at a beers again. Not because he's bad company - quite the opposite in fact. But simply because his elegant, mysterious disappearance after conclusively trashing all comers in Street Fighter IV is too perfect

I wasnt even there and I heard about that

conclusively trashing all comers

...twice :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Clear your calendar for the 16th of August Myrddin!
    Make this Beers happen!
    We'll make a throne for our glorious Category Mod!
    You won't get that sort of treatment in the Games forum!
    I think the UN have banned the place from having a Beers for fear of conflict breaking out over the bus speeds of the PS4 vs XB1.
    They tried having a Sega forum Beers but O1s1n was there on his own :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Any Limerick person worth their salt will tell you Kevlar won't stop a knife.

But it will stop a cat, right?

I would like to do youtube videos but I have an appalling voice and nobody can understand me, and when I do slow down I just sound funny

I thought you were crystal clear in the Retro Collectors short documentary!

You know I think everyone thinks their own voice sounds terrible, but in reality doesn't sound bad at all to other people.

I'd imagine once you get used to hearing your voice "on tape" you probably don't mind it as much.

We really shouldn't let it stop us from making videos or audios i think.

Sure lets just get out the ham radio

315750.png

Just saw a fairly nsfw arcade fighting stick on my facebook feed.

It has a custom skin of a female animé character, with the stick in a rather naughty position, pretty clever though.

If anyone is feeling adventurous, naughty and not at work, it's the first google image result for "waifu stick".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I don't think I'd have a good voice for youtube, but i'd still like to force myself to do it.

I was on pirate radio before and i'd say 10 people were listening if I was lucky, and i still choked when I went to talk, my throat completely dried up! :p

If you ever fancy co-hosting some kind of vid for my channel let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Thanks for all the birthday wishes folks! I'm back in work today after three weeks off so it was a nice bit of cheer on a very gloomy (albeit sunny!) day.

What's been going on around these parts? Anyone buy anything nice? Did Ciderman finally admit to liking Streets of Rage?

o1s1n wrote: »
    Did Ciderman finally admit to liking Streets of Rage?

IMG_57296247143377.jpeg

Okay, i just realized after posting that pic someone might interpret that it's ciderman and his wife in the pic, which makes it even funnier! lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If anyone is feeling adventurous, naughty and not at work, it's the first google image result for "waifu stick".

((O)) _ ((O))

• Advertisement

The new B+ model must make that type of thing easier as the sockets are now all flush with the PCB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Nice idea, but seriously, sellotape around the back?!? And can't he rip a cart open and glue it over the bits sticking out on top? It would look far better.

Okay, i just realized after posting that pic someone might interpret that it's ciderman and his wife in the pic, which makes it even funnier! lol

Why would they think that?
    Explain yourself?
    Then fall on your sword.
    It's the only honourable outcome.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes folks! I'm back in work today after three weeks off so it was a nice bit of cheer on a very gloomy (albeit sunny!) day.

What's been going on around these parts? Anyone buy anything nice? Did Ciderman finally admit to liking Streets of Rage?

No, nothing going on.
    No one bought anything nice.
    I can admit to really loving Muramasa Rebirth on the Vita and Odin Sphere on PS2, Vanillaware titles, and they're kind of scrolling beat'em ups.
    But Streets of Rage is still pants!

The new B+ model must make that type of thing easier as the sockets are now all flush with the PCB.

Yes, I've got a couple boards inbound for some retro mods. The new rounded edges and extra power options will make modding even better on this.
    In a sad note, they've replaced the drivers I compiled for the Raspberry Pi all the way back at the start with updated versions. There is no longer any Steve SI work inside the Raspian OS :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement