Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

waveform wrote: »
    Okay, i just realized after posting that pic someone might interpret that it's ciderman and his wife in the pic, which makes it even funnier! lol

Yer man has too much hair for it to be Ciderman. Also I'm pretty sure he's not that young! :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

MrVestek wrote: »
    Yer man has too much hair for it to be Ciderman. Also I'm pretty sure he's not that young! :P

:(

Hope you enjoy your ban!
    What do you mean I can't ban people for being a cheeky fecker?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    :(

Hope you enjoy your ban!
    What do you mean I can't ban people for being a cheeky fecker?

Love you! No homo!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

MrVestek wrote: »
    If you ever fancy co-hosting some kind of vid for my channel let me know.

I'd offer but you'd never let me once you saw the 'mystery gba cart' vid I did a few weeks back for me youtube channel..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Dr Bob wrote: »
    I'd offer but you'd never let me once you saw the 'mystery gba cart' vid I did a few weeks back for me youtube channel..;)

I seen it! *shudder

Sad but cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

I suspect I have bought cars for less than the price of that !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Steve SI wrote: »

FYP... :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

id re-mortgage my house to get that!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Donatron

On the topic of taking my money, and Optimus Prime is being released that transforms into a PS1 to celebrate the 20th anniversary.
    Pity it's not a working ps1, that would be beyond amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

May have been mentioned before but console transformers have been announced. Google playstation transformers toy, they look pretty interesting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, here I am in Limerick, the Parkway Shopping Centre and, I have to say, I'm a little disappointed Sera

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

So, here I am in Limerick, the Parkway Shopping Centre and, I have to say, I'm a little disappointed Sera
    No one said the Parkway was cool, it's a pitstop, you're better off in town or the Crescent.

Sera wrote: »
    No one said the Parkway was cool, it's a pitstop, you're better off in town or the Crescent.

Seems like they eat their young around here, lots of blokes with dodgy tatts and stripped to the waist... Tough blokes...
    The Gamestop is nice though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Seems like they eat their young around here, lots of blokes with dodgy tatts and stripped to the waist... Tough blokes...
    I got all my PZ and Siren games in there with my money for babysitting, my brother bought me Maken Shao in there too, he used to live on the other side of it so it was handy for that. I wasn't in it since he moved to a quieter place lol.
    Actually once I got no disc in the box in there and went up about it, thinking I'd get no where. Lucky enough your man told me it wasn't the first time for that particular guy, he had been fired and sorted me out with the disk thankfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Testing_bulletproof_vest_1923.jpg

Youths Frolicing at The Parkway, Limerick (July 25, 2014)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

That guy is pretty smug for someone being executed.

• Advertisement

DinoRex wrote: »
    That guy is pretty smug for someone being executed.

Since the Dundons went down its all blank cartridges and nerf guns.

Woot woot, new DLSR camera on its way to me. My old one was permanently borrowed by a stranger on holidays a while back.
    At last, i can take decent retro gear pics again :):)

This looks pretty good, anyone play it yet? Looks like the Sonic game we deserve:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Anyone know where to get a faceplate for a Gameboy Micro?

Ebay doesn't seem to be showing up much for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    Anyone know where to get a faceplate for a Gameboy Micro?

Ebay doesn't seem to be showing up much for me.

Amazon:
    http://tinyurl.com/ktyxoze

Ebay:
    http://tinyurl.com/lt2envz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

Super Christian Brothers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PIV2UB-raw#t=2m32s

As discovered by Mr. Vestek after I introduced him to the awesome series recently.

Anyone who likes Fonejacker style humour and raw Irish Satire should watch the whole series!

Seems like a weird thing to release. But i like weird things :)

1300-Video-Game_Batman-249x300.jpg

1300-Video-Game_Batman_Pkg2-455x300.jpg

http://www.retrocollect.com/News/neca-announce-nintendo-nes-inspired-batman-action-figure.html

They've also finally worked out the legal issues to release a box set of the Batman TV series.

DinoRex wrote: »
    They've also finally worked out the legal issues to release a box set of the Batman TV series.

Yeah, it's only up on the US Amazon for preorder. No sign of it on the UK site.
    $189.99 pre-order price and out on Nov 11th. Looks like a nice little box set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I've dug up RE Revelations on the 3ds again after picking up the XL. It's a must have game, amazing the difference the bigger screen makes. Too many hours spent on that game:o I really liked the way that the power up of the weapons was done, hard to put down when you get into it.

P1040186_zps5a7768d1.jpg?t=1406493002P1040185_zps1267d9dd.jpg?t=1406493095P1040184_zpsa74a623f.jpg?t=1406493389

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

That link should be renamed to 'designed-to-exploit-gamers-idiots'. If nobody signs up to it then it will die off. Fools and their money...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I wonder will they try to bring in bonuses like Tesco club card points or something else stupid to sucker people into using one?

Daft idea anyway, you'd want to be some moron to sign up to that.

Is Gamestop even worth going into? I don't think I've ever set foot inside one...

Master of the Universe

I got six DS games in one two weeks ago for a total sum of €30. So the answer would be 'yes' :D

Also got a huge bulk of my PS1 collection there when everyone wanted PS2 games.

They can be good when clearing out stuff, otherwise avoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Myrddin wrote: »
    Is Gamestop even worth going into? I don't think I've ever set foot inside one...

Often have good deals on older 'current gen' stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

Gamestop feel kind of pointless these days. Most of the time they don't stock anything even remotely niche so their not much point of buying off them as opposed to a supermarket/smyths/online

This might be of interest to a few here. Pretty nice automatic 8 port RGB-SCART switch. First batch is sold out put he's working on a second.

v7yhWa.jpg
    Features:
    1. 8 SCART inputs;
    2. Automatic switching (SCART pin 16);
    3. Powered from input (SCART pin 8);
    4. External PSU support (standard 2.1 DC jack, 9-12V, center is negative);
    5. Integrated LM1881 sync stripper (can be turned on/off).

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?52513-gscartsw-automatic-8-1-SCART-RGB-switch

Whatever about RGB, I'm running out of HDMI ports!
    And the manual one I'm using does not like the PS4 audio at all!
    The automatic one seems to be forgetting it is automatic, with the WD Live and Sky Box giving it identity issues.
    Bugger!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Speaking of gamestop, they wont be taking trade ins on umd from september, is this true?

Could be the time to get a haul of psp games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Speaking of gamestop, they wont be taking trade ins on umd from september, is this true?

Could be the time to get a haul of psp games

I'd say so. Most of the stores seem to have very little stock anyway.

They must be moving them about because some shops seem to have tons of them.
    Could be some choice dumpster diving come September!

Anyone know a decent site other than eBay(unless you can recommend a good eBay store) to get VCD's? Just cant seem to find a decent selection of them and I've a VideoCD device I'd like a decent few titles for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

So adverts are now charging for their ****ty experience:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

So adverts are now charging for their ****ty experience:eek:

Is the percentage they now take off every transaction? I believe it's billed monthly and your account suspended if it's unpaid. Dunno what kinda mechanism they've got in place to stop re-regs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Myrddin wrote: »

Worth the odd look if you're passing. The deal I got on the Wii-U from them was excellent, but that's a once off I guess since you don't buy consoles every day. :)

Any time I've looked at their 2nd hame games the prices are rip-off, except for once I got some Wii-U games cheapish - Rayman Legends, Dark Siders 2, Ben 10 etc. Nothing to shout home about though.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Is the percentage they now take off every transaction? I believe it's billed monthly and your account suspended if it's unpaid. Dunno what kinda mechanism they've got in place to stop re-regs.
    Knowing adverts users there will be ways around it with little or no moderation, like the minimum offer where people just make the offers in the comments.
    20u49sj.png

Master of the Universe

They changed the success fee to be based on the offer accepted rather than the original listing price? About bloody time they listened! That was such a scam.

I take it you still only get charged when you change the advert to 'sold'?

o1s1n wrote: »
    They changed the success fee to be based on the offer accepted rather than the original listing price? About bloody time they listened! That was such a scam.

I take it you still only get charged when you change the advert to 'sold'?

Not sure, they need to put in a fine system for people making offers and not following through, even €1. and all the off advert trading where people put their phone numbers spaced out.

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Worth the odd look if you're passing. The deal I got on the Wii-U from them was excellent, but that's a once off I guess since you don't buy consoles every day. :)

Any time I've looked at their 2nd hame games the prices are rip-off, except for once I got some Wii-U games cheapish - Rayman Legends, Dark Siders 2, Ben 10 etc. Nothing to shout home about though.

I had my first really really nice experience there the other day.
    I was picking up Need for Speed Rivals and Assassins Creed 4 for the PS4 and had the new ones at the desk, the fellow at the counter suggested picking up the preowned ones instead and even went and got them for me, saved me about 15/20.
    I love you Gamestop! *

*Ciderman does not in fact love Gamestop, Ciderman has been paid a gratuity for his time in making this commercial....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement