Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Not sure, they need to put in a fine system for people making offers and not following through, even €1. and all the off advert trading where people put their phone numbers spaced out.

There's also all the off-advert dealing where people offer €1 so that they can deal via PM too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

o1s1n wrote: »
    I got six DS games in one two weeks ago for a total sum of €30. So the answer would be 'yes' :D

Also got a huge bulk of my PS1 collection there when everyone wanted PS2 games.

They can be good when clearing out stuff, otherwise avoid.

From my experience CeX's prices are almost always cheaper for the preowned stuff and in much better condition, at least in Cork anyway.

Steve SI wrote: »
    This might be of interest to a few here. Pretty nice automatic 8 port RGB-SCART switch. First batch is sold out put he's working on a second.

v7yhWa.jpg

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?52513-gscartsw-automatic-8-1-SCART-RGB-switch

The only balls about Acrylic cases like that is they'll eat up dust!

I guess if you take off the acrylic and clean it with a duster or tooth brush its okay, but its a bit of hassle.

Do they sell kits that you can solder yourself?

I built something similar, this 10 port MIDI - USB interface with a white PCB:

med_gallery_6351_58_914456.jpg

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Whatever about RGB, I'm running out of HDMI ports!
    And the manual one I'm using does not like the PS4 audio at all!
    The automatic one seems to be forgetting it is automatic, with the WD Live and Sky Box giving it identity issues.
    Bugger!

The automatic HDMI switchers Mr. Vestek use seem to work very well for him.

It's the specific model he's using that he thinks is great.

He's on a sun holiday right now so the lucky bastard probably won't be able to link you up until he comes back! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I never think of going to CEX to be honest, always forget it's there!

All their prices are on their site, including the price they buy for, and how much credit they will give for the game.

You should check it out regularly, and search for games you might be interested in and check their store stock.

https://ie.webuy.com/

Pretty large database of games too, nothing older than PS2 / XBox though unforuntately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

I'm in need of a good but affordable HDMI splitter too, been abusing the port on the TV a few weeks now and I hate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

It wouldn't be my first choice of shop, but I have a look in every so often and I've picked up a few games at a good price. Their PS2 section is a bit of a mystery though. I've picked up some good games for €1-2, but they price some of the more common games at €10+, with the Kingdom Hearts games at €20-25.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I got a Duronic HDMI splitter from amazon a while back. Seems to work well and is both automatic and manual. Cheap as well as nearly all Duronic stuff has dropped massively in price on Amazon in the last year or two.

Duronic RGB Scart cables are awesome and cheap as well for those looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I had my first really really nice experience there the other day.
    I was picking up Need for Speed Rivals and Assassins Creed 4 for the PS4 and had the new ones at the desk, the fellow at the counter suggested picking up the preowned ones instead and even went and got them for me, saved me about 15/20.

because they have a much bigger profit margin on pre-owned games

Duronic RGB Scart cables are awesome and cheap as well for those looking.

Only the finiest 24K Gold plated Scart cables will do in the Steve SI household I see.....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Duronic-Gold-Plated-Speed-Scart/dp/B0035T38ZM/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1406731245&sr=1-2&keywords=Duronic+scart

51cMJNtasiL.jpg

:P

• Advertisement

Actually their prices for HDMI swivel cables are great also:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Duronic-HDC01-Goldspec-Version-Technology/dp/B002JDPSSK/ref=pd_sim_ce_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1YTXVF9MTAT7SF0WRVGA

41LEQnYP5qL.jpg

I absolutely hate how fragile the HDMI connector itself is, so I tend to buy swivel connectors only these days so they'll last longer.

:D

uvq6zp.jpg

I bet if you "view order details" the quantity is 2! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

There's also all the off-advert dealing where people offer €1 so that they can deal via PM too.

It's still a minefield of fools and idiots, new characters have emerged to replace those of old.

Is anyone else getting Parcel Motel packages that appear to have been opened? Got one today and the royal mail sticker seal was broke and it looks like it was opened and the parcel motel sticker(the one with the motel address) was put on top of the broken seal.
    That's 3 packages in about a week or so that have been like this, one from Spain, one from the Netherlands and now this one from the UK. Nothing has been taken or missing, they just look opened :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Is anyone else getting Parcel Motel packages that appear to have been opened? Got one today and the royal mail sticker seal was broke and it looks like it was opened and the parcel motel sticker(the one with the motel address) was put on top of the broken seal.
    That's 3 packages in about a week or so that have been like this, one from Spain, one from the Netherlands and now this one from the UK. Nothing has been taken or missing, they just look opened :confused:

Never had a problem with PM. Maybe the NSA are monitoring you or something. :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Probably because of those two lumps of uranium you ordered a few months ago.

We told you you'd probably get away with one, that it wouldn't technically be considered enough for weaponry. But no: you had to have two! :p

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Never had a problem with PM. Maybe the NSA are monitoring you or something. :P
    Probably because of those two lumps of uranium you ordered a few months ago.

We told you you'd probably get away with one, that it wouldn't technically be considered enough for weaponry. But no: you had to have two! :p

But I needed that uranium for a 3DO mod I'm working on. It's the only thing that can make the 3DO more awesome :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I just ordered a phone from Amazon that's coming parcel motel, would ye recommend I get the extended cover? Incase it gets opened and ****ed around etc

I just ordered a phone from Amazon that's coming parcel motel, would ye recommend I get the extended cover? Incase it gets opened and ****ed around etc

I'd say you will be fine. Any problems with it you'll be covered by Amazon as they are very good about refunds and replacements.

But I have been thinking about getting the extended cover myself as I get so much delivered to them. Must check it out and see if it actually covers everything or is it a waste of money.

• Advertisement

Lovely, well at €3.50 for 14 days it seems fairly pricey if it would be an ongoing thing

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Got something today, it wasnt opened, the last thing i got was though. its happened to me a couple of times and its usually the bigger, heavier items that have been opened on me.

Maybe they are having trouble with people smuggling some items

hardy-boys-64-mystery-of-smugglers-cove-640x640.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Maybe they are having trouble with people smuggling some items

hardy-boys-64-mystery-of-smugglers-cove-640x640.jpg

Psshhh,
    Hardy Boys...

Famous Five is where it's at!

Famous_Five_Boxset.png

Secret Seven.

Because 7 > 5 > 2

Actually, confession time... my username came partially from a Hardy Boys book.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Secret Seven.

Because 7 > 5 > 2

Actually, confession time... my username came partially from a Hardy Boys book.

You can leave now.
    You have never really fitted in here, and now we know why.
    Don't bother collecting your coat and other personal items.
    You're things will be forwarded to the nearest skip.

Look, I was young, I enjoyed the books.
    You would have been old when they were doing the rounds, and had probably mislaid your reading glasses anyway, so the books just frustrated you...

Psshhh,
    Hardy Boys...

Famous Five is where it's at!

Famous_Five_Boxset.png

Famous Five the tv show:
    Anne= funny feelings for a young Steve SI
    George= confusing time for a young Steve SI

I watched it in the 80's by the way, not 70's. I'm not CiderSir for gods sake :D

I watched it when it was new on TV.
    And I had all the books as well :(

But, before long I moved onto Arthur C Clarke and Asimov, not to mention Wyndham and Bradbury, so not all bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Isn't that bird 2nd on the left yer wan from whatsitsface? She has a sister as well. Yer wan wit d big jabs that was in Hollyoaks. I think she was in Grange Hill as well and had it away with the fella from Byker Grove in real life... PJ... or was it Duncan....

I forget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Can adverts sellers delete questions asked under their ads?

I'm sure I posted a question on an item yesterday and I see it's no longer there this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I think they can request the Q gets deleted by mods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

I think they can request the Q gets deleted by mods

I posted a question challenging the price of an item which could be had for 15 quid cheaper through Amazon. Including Irish shipping.

Question is gone now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I posted a question challenging the price of an item which could be had for 15 quid cheaper through Amazon. Including Irish shipping.

Question is gone now!

Prob got it removed on thread spoiling grounds.

Shouldn't be classed as thread spoiling if the item can be got through a reputable Irish or european site inc. shipping for cheaper than their advertised price.
    But hey you can do whatever you want on Adverts!

• Advertisement

Shouldn't be classed as thread spoiling if the item can be got through a reputable Irish or european site inc. shipping for cheaper than their advertised price.

Technically, sellers can sell their items for whatever prices they like really...& there's nothing against the rules to say you can't put an item up at twice the retail price. While you are correct in what you say, it would be considered thread spoiling on Adverts

Just a little plug for a good cause - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057260175

Anybody play magical drop 3?
    Its class!

Master of the Universe

urbanledge wrote: »
    Anybody play magical drop 3?
    Its class!

Myself and a mate have absolutely insane 2 player games of Magical Drop 2. Most intense battles ever.

Although he's after getting to Sevant levels of goodness and I'm finding it hard to keep up!

Haven't played the 3rd game yet.

Famous Five the tv show:
    Anne= funny feelings for a young Steve SI
    George= confusing time for a young Steve SI

LaughingSmiley.gif

• Advertisement

I tend to agree. Its all about how you word it though....

"The best I could offer is X because its available on Amazon new for Y. What do you think?"

You wouldn't even need to make an official offer, just reply with something like that pretending you're interested, even if you're not.

That way you're helping out the adverts buyers community, and the seller can't do anything as they think you're interested! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Well guys, I just happened to buy a used 3DS XL, and what do ya know, the parental pin is still on it. Looks like it's back to GameStop tomorrow so they can sort this out.

Master of the Universe

0000?
    1234?

You'd be surprised how often that works :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Well guys, I just happened to buy a used 3DS XL, and what do ya know, the parental pin is still on it. Looks like it's back to GameStop tomorrow so they can sort this out.

You were trying to play senran kagura weren't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Nintendo-DSi-XL-/Basic-setup-and-use/Parental-Controls/How-to-Remove-Parental-Controls/How-to-Remove-Parental-Controls-244767.html

Similar gig. Ring the number?

0000?
    1234?

1916 has been the code for many security doors in previous work places

1916 has been the code for many security doors in previous work places

Found an old photo of CathalDublin commuting to the workplace...

tumblr_n5iyttlmOQ1shpl54o1_500.jpg

CathalDublin in the workplace...

seriousbiz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

0000?
    1234?

Tried 0000 earlier and 1234 just now. Neither worked.
    You were trying to play senran kagura weren't you?
    Says more about your pervy mind than mine.

3D World, Luigi's Mansion 2 and ALBW was what I got.
    STG.Otaku wrote: »
    Yeah, I gave them the call. They were the ones who told me to go to GameStop to sort them out because there might be personal and credit card info on the console.

Says more about your pervy mind than mine.

Why so defensive, twas only a bit of humor?

Another box arrived in Parcel Motel for me just now. Looking at the pic on the site it looks opened :(
    It's a pretty big box and something retro(sort of) I've wanted for ages so I hope its untouched as I bought it new and sealed!

Whats with the opening of the boxes?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement