Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

It's crazy this type of thing hasn't been done before.

People are going to download the show regardless, AMC and Netflix might as well make some profit out of it.

Think how much money HBO could be making off Game of Thrones, which is the most pirated show, if they made it easily available online? I guess they see the deal with Sky worth more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

DinoRex wrote: »
    Someone was watching episode 1 on my Netflix account.

So when I logged on this evening to watch to new episode it gave me the plot synopsis for episode 2 and confused the hell out of me 'Sylar suspects her husband is up to no good.'

Breaking Bad X Heroes sex change mash up?:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Heroes should be left to rot, burn and be forgotten. MS should be ashamed even thinking about bringing it back.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Heroes should be left to rot, burn and be forgotten. MS should be ashamed even thinking about bringing it back.

Boo hiss, I enjoyed that show, aside from the whole Ireland bit, awful awful stuff, whole plot lines were discarded after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Heroes had great potential which it showed in the first season mainly. The writers just didn't seem to know what to do with it after that!
    If someone really talented was writing/making it, I'd love to see more.

Especially Hiro...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Heroes had great potential which it showed in the first season mainly. The writers just didn't seem to know what to do with it after that!
    If someone really talented was writing/making it, I'd love to see more.

Especially Hiro...
    Didn't it have to do with the show's creator leaving after the first season was done? That's what I've read from it, anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It got stupid when absolutely everyone was a superhero. It got stupid because there were no normal people to contrast the superheroes with.

Actually that's being kind, there was a boat load of stupid to fill the titanic in it starting in season 2.

Didn't it have to do with the show's creator leaving after the first season was done? That's what I've read from it, anyway.

Pretty sure Kring was there the whole time... they just had the writers strike on while they were making season 2, they never seemed to be able to recover from that.

I have season 1 on HD-DVD, there's a pretty cool unaired pilot which is substantially different to the broadcasted pilot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Boo hiss, I enjoyed that show, aside from the whole Ireland bit, awful awful stuff, whole plot lines were discarded after that.

You never really were a bastion of good taste, were you? :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Heroes is probably the worst show I've ever watched. Forget about all that dross we can ignore (Big Bang Theory etc...) but Heroes is in the unique position of actually getting worse pretty much every single episode after a promising start. Absolute abomination of a TV show. Quit far too late and just stuck with reading the hilariously sarky AV Club reviews.

I do regret wasting time on The Walking Dead too. Both fascinating case studies in how to make the audience despise every single unbelievable character, even the once interesting ones.

• Advertisement

I thankfully stopped halfway through season 2. I wasn't making the same mistake that I made with Lost. Watched that and gave up on the final season are years or dross. Told myself I'd watch it if the ending was good.

It wasn't.

There was one cool episode in season 2 where Peter goes to the future and Skylar is a good guy who has a kid.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »

The Ban Hammer.....

She Grows Thirsty!!!!

1827862-ko_nemesis_bk.two.jpg

I'm a Nemesis/Slaine/ABC Warriors fan, doesn't that give me an automatic seat at the "Good Taste" table?

I had the Nemesis the Warlock game on the C64, it wasn't very good... nice music though.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

Started to watch BSG from the beginning again at the weekend. God, I forgot just how good it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

o1s1n wrote: »
    Cidey has good music taste, no comment on anything else though :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'm a Nemesis/Slaine/ABC Warriors fan, doesn't that give me an automatic seat at the "Good Taste" table?

Ah yes, I forgot about that! Consider yourself absolved of your sins...for now!

I had the Nemesis the Warlock game on the C64, it wasn't very good... nice music though.

The opening tune is the best thing about the game. Fantastic piece of music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I thankfully stopped halfway through season 2. I wasn't making the same mistake that I made with Lost. Watched that and gave up on the final season are years or dross. Told myself I'd watch it if the ending was good.

It wasn't.

I've watched LOST in its entirety twice now, once by box set & once via Netflix with herself. I enjoyed it immensely I have to say, more so the second time even. I know it gets a bad rap about the later seasons & ending etc, and I think if I watched it over the space of five or so years, one episode a week broken up by ads I'd prob think that too. But watching it all in short succession I felt was far more enjoyable.

I done the same with Breaking Bad, just blitzed through it three or four eps at a time, no ads, no waiting a week per episode, no waiting months between seasons until now obviously, I find it a far more enjoyable way to watch tv.

I remember the game alright, at least it was playable,
    I had the Speccy version

But the C64 was better

the Slaine game was utter bonkers though,

But the Rogue Trooper game was fantastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

**** it i cannot hold it in anymore, sonic lost world looks better than mario galaxy

• Advertisement

For some reason Slaine was in the Amiga version of Myth:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Right, need a bit of help! (And no I'm not going to AA)

I have to get my hands in one of these before I end up paying mad eBay prices upon release. http://www.play-asia.com/nintendo-3ds-ll-pokemon-y-pack-premium-gold-paOS-13-49-en-70-6s0z.html

Hopefully play Asia will get more in stock but they sold out extremely quickly and amazon.co.jp sold out their allocation in an hour. Any other sites I can try or that anyone has used for preordering import stuff? I might just end up ringing a pokemon centre and see if they'll post one over!

**** it i cannot hold it in anymore, sonic lost world looks better than mario galaxy

You've taken too many Chaos Emeralds Richy! It looks good, but not that good!

Right, need a bit of help! (And no I'm not going to AA)

I have to get my hands in one of these before I end up paying mad eBay prices upon release. http://www.play-asia.com/nintendo-3ds-ll-pokemon-y-pack-premium-gold-paOS-13-49-en-70-6s0z.html

Hopefully play Asia will get more in stock but they sold out extremely quickly and amazon.co.jp sold out their allocation in an hour. Any other sites I can try or that anyone has used for preordering import stuff? I might just end up ringing a pokemon centre and see if they'll post one over!

Yes-asia and NCSX might have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

You've taken too many Chaos Emeralds Richy! It looks good, but not that good!

perhaps :pac:

Yes-asia and NCSX might have it.

I had a look on yes Asia but none there. Ill have a look at ncsx. There's a few on eBay for preorder but I'm afraid of getting a knock off 3DS. They haven't made knock off 3DS consoles yet have they?

Not that I know of. The security codes haven't been cracked either so you should be ok.

Not that I know of. The security codes haven't been cracked either so you should be ok.

I think I might go for one of those so. The price is ok too. If its not as expected can always stick in a PayPal claim!

I'm holding off on a 3DS XL in the hopes there'll be a new Zelda edition of it :o

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    I'm holding off on a 3DS XL in the hopes there'll be a new Zelda edition of it :o

Can always get the zelda 25th anniversary 3DS.

This'll be my 3rd 3DS :o that's an acceptable amount of consoles right?

Can always get the zelda 25th anniversary 3DS.

Maybe at some stage, hard to want to spend money on the original 3DS though, the screens are just too small. Those XL's though are sweeeet
    This'll be my 3rd 3DS :o that's an acceptable amount of consoles right?

Absolutely, remember where you're posting! Moar consoles :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Someone was watching episode 1 on my Netflix account.

So when I logged on this evening to watch to new episode it gave me the plot synopsis for episode 2 and confused the hell out of me 'Sylar suspects her husband is up to no good.'
    Useless fact but yer wan who played Skyler was in the Legacy of Kain games..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

oh yeah , managed to disable the lockout chip on my snes , so I can use the super 8 nes/FC adaptor I got of BoNeill..score!
    Have the switches fitted for the 50/60hz mod as well..but I'm putting that off for a bit (the pins on the 2 chips involved are TINY!)

Dr Bob wrote: »
    (the pins on the 2 chips involved are TINY!)

Take your time with that part. Make sure you use a needle type tip on the soldering iron, & gently prise the pins up with a small needle, whilst briefly touching the iron off the base of the pin. Once lifted off the board, gently prise them up away from the other pins, & place some insulating tape under both lifted pins.

I'm heading to the big smoke tomorrow, heading for Bookmart and Gamesexchange tomorrow.
    They've a Facebook page that implies they've done interesting stock.
    Principally there's a copy of Indiana Jones Greatest Adventures for the Snes on hold, happy days!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

2413v40.jpg

2413v40.jpg

Who the feck would get excited at the chance to be called names at 3am by a bunch of over caffeinated american teenagers?
    This game is a real "buy 6 months after release for €30" kinda title, the only bit of it I'll play is the single player campaign which comes from the Clancy school of geopolitics, namely dumb as a bag of rocks.
    I still haven't played either of the Black Ops titles, should I?

Who the feck would get excited at the chance to be called names at 3am by a bunch of over caffeinated american teenagers?
    This game is a real "buy 6 months after release for €30" kinda title, the only bit of it I'll play is the single player campaign which comes from the Clancy school of geopolitics, namely dumb as a bag of rocks.
    I still haven't played either of the Black Ops titles, should I?

It's more that it is a completely random, pointless tweet ;)

Oh....

I sorry....

I might have over-reacted....

Just a tad....

I'll go and watch Iron Man 3 again as punishment.... feck I hate that picture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I'll go and watch Iron Man 3 again as punishment.... feck I hate that picture
    tumblr_inline_mjiwl4iRz01qz4rgp_zpse3a12422.gifthey wouldn't even do that in Guantanamo (Iron Man in general is down there with Baby Geniuses and wet socks)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Sera wrote: »
    tumblr_inline_mjiwl4iRz01qz4rgp_zpse3a12422.gifthey wouldn't even do that in Guantanamo (Iron Man in general is down there with Baby Geniuses and wet socks)
    Speaking of Baby Geniuses...

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/mjtv/ss/39302-shameful-sequels-baby-geniuses-3

And I've yet to see Iron Man 3, so I'll have to wait until the BD release to see what the goddamn problem is with the movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

It's kind like stating that the new Fifa will have football in it.

deathrider wrote: »
    It's kind like stating that the new Fifa will have football in it.

Can you confirm this with a reputable source?

I like Iron Man... :(

Dr Bob wrote: »
    Useless fact but yer wan who played Skyler was in the Legacy of Kain games..

She also popped up in Enemy of the Sate which also stared the TurboExpress.

We should play a game of 6 degrees of TurboExpress.

Still fascinated by the various cameo appearances of a Wonderswan in Evangelion 2.0.

I'm heading to the big smoke tomorrow, heading for Bookmart and Gamesexchange tomorrow.

Gamesexchange

Is that one of Retr0's Japanese games? ;) :pac:

Still fascinated by the various cameo appearances of a Wonderswan in Evangelion 2.0.

They've always been mad for the DAT players and G3 Powerbooks too.

Picked up Gone Home last night. Enjoying it a lot. It's everything I've been looking for in a game, all story and exploration with none of the mass murder that ruined The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Just read a great article on Eurogamer about the Fighting Fantasy books of the 80's, written by Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone. Used to love those books, rolling dice to fight the monsters and of course cheating so you could progress the story. Never knew they were behind the Games Workshop and that White Dwarf magazine.

It seems some of the books have been ported to Android (and iOS), a couple by Tin Man Games look good - Forest of Doom.

Anyone else used to read/play those books?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement