Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

DinoRex wrote: »
    ttKirag.jpg
    Yeah you could give it to here :p, places close to me have lead pipes and can't drink the water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

It's supposed to be for giving money to Lou Gehrig's Disease... haven't seen one person mention the disease on facebook or any charity link.

Lou_Gehrig.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Most people ive seen do it, post a screenshot of the donation under the video post. One of the lads that used to work on gamersireland.ie when i had that running was diagnosed with it a year ago, joeB1Kenobi he was on there, Seamus might have met him in the past. Its a horrible sickness, the guy is the same age as myself and was always a larger than life character with a happy outlook on life, he still is but the illness is taking its toll on him now, he loves playing games and thats how he first noticed it, his hand wasnt working the best. In the past year he is gone to America, Japan etc completing a bucket list he has. Top guy, facing it with dignity and a worthy charity for a disease that takes so much from your body while leaving your mind intact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

DinoRex wrote: »
    It's supposed to be for giving money to Lou Gehrig's Disease... haven't seen one person mention the disease on facebook or any charity link.
    Is that what it was for? I thought it was any charity but I saw none in particular mentioned either, its like the no make up selfies without the text numbers.

On a more on topic note to the thread itself - I'm watching Wreak It Ralph for the 200th time, last time the boys picked it was Chipmunks Movie

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Yep its called ALS i think, the americans call it Lous Garricks disease after an american baseball player who had it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

keithgeo wrote: »
    Yep its called ALS i think, the americans call it Lous Garricks disease after an american baseball player who had it.
    And it's known as Motor Neuron Disease over here.

Colm Murray from RTÉ died from it last year.

I think this girl on pain meds from wisdom tooth surgery just won the challenge.. everyone else can just give up now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

YAY:

SNK are having a massive sale to celebrate 20 years of King of Fighters.

BOO:

It's mobile only.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=SNK+PLAYMORE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Looks like a grail item arrived for me on Monday but has yet to make it out of customs.
    Is dmc@revenue.ie really the only way to contact them? Anyone got a phone number I can call on Monday?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

In now wondering if my Pong console will get hit for duty?
    I got nailed for duty on my Namco Collection box set, b@stards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Almost everything is being caught for duty these days :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

http://www.revenue.ie/en/contact/customs-division.html

They have a list of phone numbers there. Maybe one of those will help you out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I hear they're having problems with the system they use to determine what you actually owe them. The congratulations you've just been shafted email will follow when said problems have been overcome.
    Lottery_Machine.jpg

I've sent them an email with all my details etc.
    Hopefully they get back to me, it's a hard to find 3DO thing and needed for the "Steve SI Ultimate 3DO Project Gaiden X2 Plus Alpha" :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hmm, i wonder what they'd charge for a lump of sh1te posted from abroad?
    Must get a CDi imported and find out! ;)

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Hmm, i wonder what they'd charge for a lump of sh1te posted from abroad?

Make sure you get it VGA graded beforehand.

I'd say the commute from one end of that thing to the other is a pain in the back side.
    And I wonder how many rolls of jacks paper a ship that size needs?
    Someone has to worry, Vader can worry about destroying rebel scum but there's a lad in administration devoted to making sure there's enough soap in the dispensers of the hand sinks in the imperial officers lounge and that they don't run out of mop heads for cleaning the hangar floor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

At a wedding this weekend. Vurry drunk. Suit game strong.

691E0377-71AE-436A-AAFB-561E149289F9_zpstpuyyql3.jpg

See I can be respectable at times.

Here's a protip

When you are bored on your Sunday off do not decide to make use of the time to attempt to replace the glass of your Galaxy S4.

As this will lead to

1> A broken digitiser

2> A properly broken lcd screen

3> In a situation where you remembered you switched off your USB access to the phone for no other reason than you were bored the other day at work, and press an icon on screen, and now you can't back anything up.

4> Having to use a fecking Iphone for the next couple of days until a replacement LCD, Digitiser and glass arrive in the post and you can repair it properly, like you should have done in the bloody first place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

At a wedding this weekend. Vurry drunk. Suit game strong.

691E0377-71AE-436A-AAFB-561E149289F9_zpstpuyyql3.jpg

See I can be respectable at times.

Respectable? Suit jacket with jeans and converse?

...alright then! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Have a parcel coming from Taito in Japan through dhl. Says it's going to be delivered to me today. Last time I got a text from dhl telling me the customs charge and to ring and pay in advance of delivery. Nothing this time. Yet.

Can I still get stung?

Have a parcel coming from Taito in Japan through dhl. Says it's going to be delivered to me today. Last time I got a text from dhl telling me the customs charge and to ring and pay in advance of delivery. Nothing this time. Yet.

Can I still get stung?

Usually DHL = guaranteed customs charge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Here's a protip

When you are bored on your Sunday off do not decide to make use of the time to attempt to replace the glass of your Galaxy S4.

As this will lead to

1> A broken digitiser

2> A properly broken lcd screen

3> In a situation where you remembered you switched off your USB access to the phone for no other reason than you were bored the other day at work, and press an icon on screen, and now you can't back anything up.

4> Having to use a fecking Iphone for the next couple of days until a replacement LCD, Digitiser and glass arrive in the post and you can repair it properly, like you should have done in the bloody first place!
    At least you get to use a superior phone for a couple days!
    Samsung and HTC screens are a pain in the ass to replace, I always find they never sit as flush again and if you dont get the screen stuck on perfectly even it will shift off in your pocket and crack again:eek:

My advice use nail polish remover and remove all old adhesive, make sure its as clean as if it never had a screen on it before. I always heat the phone up after with a hair dryer to get the new adhesive nice and soft :D

Myrddin wrote: »
    Usually DHL = guaranteed customs charge

That's what I was thinking. They should have my number. It's on the Taito invoice.

To ring or not to ring.

The last time dhl text me to pay in advance it said their drivers don't deal in cash.

Don't want to delay delivery.

That's what I was thinking. They should have my number. It's on the Taito invoice.

To ring or not to ring.

The last time dhl text me to pay in advance it said their drivers don't deal in cash.

Don't want to delay delivery.

Is the value of the package under the threshold maybe?

Is the value of the package under the threshold maybe?

What's the threshold do you know?

What's the threshold do you know?

It's low, €25 euso'ish??

It's low, €25 euso'ish??

Ha. I'm well above that. The shipping was probably double that!

• Advertisement

Ha. I'm well above that. The shipping was probably double that!

Odd one then. If the drivers don't normally deal in cash you'd have expected a call from the office to fix up the payment alright. Just play it by ear I suppose, presumably the driver isn't on his way to you without payment authorised so maybe this one slipped through the net?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I got a letter from DHL about 6months after receipt of a parcel, this letter was a bill for €200 for a parcel I had already received which they had decided was valued at €1000 despite the shipping/customs declaration stating the value was €100.
    I rang them and told them I wouldn't pay it unless they could provide me with some sort of proof of value of the goods in my parcel, eventually they passed it onto a solicitors, I forwarded them on a screenshot of the paypal receipt for €100 and never heard back from either of them.
    It's the last time I used DHL, never again.

Rang dhl. They've no instructions from customs for a charge. I owe nothing according to them.

Driver would be under same advice.

Dhl would always ring or text in advance if there was a charge apparently.

Fingers crossed.

From dhl. They've no instructions from customs for a charge. I owe nothing according to them.

Driver would be under same advice.

Dhl would always ring or text in advance if there was a charge apparently.

Fingers crossed.

Sounds like you might be ok :)

Black is a terrible colour for a Star Destroyer... other Star Destroyers won't see you against the blackness of space and keep running into the side of you... the premiums would be through the roof.

Was just on to 3 different people in Customs and An Post this morning. Eventually arranged to have a package sent up from Portlaoise to my work address. And as usual they won’t take credit card over the phone so I have to leave the Duty with the guy on reception to pay the driver.

Anyway, lesson learned as the girl said anything from outside the EU that’s going to a Parcel Motel address is automatically flagged and held. And unless your mobile number is on the package they won’t contact you or Parcel Motel. My number was on the package and they still didn’t ring me!
    But at least if you have a tracking number(even a foreign one) you can stick it in the An Post tracking site and it tells you it’s held in customs.

Steve SI wrote: »
    Was just on to 3 different people in Customs and An Post this morning. Eventually arranged to have a package sent up from Portlaoise to my work address. And as usual they won’t take credit card over the phone so I have to leave the Duty with the guy on reception to pay the driver.

Anyway, lesson learned as the girl said anything from outside the EU that’s going to a Parcel Motel address is automatically flagged and held. And unless your mobile number is on the package they won’t contact you or Parcel Motel. My number was on the package and they still didn’t ring me!
    But at least if you have a tracking number(even a foreign one) you can stick it in the An Post tracking site and it tells you it’s held in customs.

Just do what I do then in that case... get it sent to Antrim even if it's handier to have it sent down here.

Less likely to be flagged then.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Curious as to why you would get something shipped to PM from outside the EU - is there a cost or speed difference between NI and the Republic? I've only bothered with PM when ordering from the UK.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Curious as to why you would get something shipped to PM from outside the EU - is there a cost or speed difference between NI and the Republic? I've only bothered with PM when ordering from the UK.

I was going to be outside the country when it was delivered so just for handiness reasons. Lesson learned :0/

• Advertisement

Got the text from dhl with customs charge. Grrrr

"Computer/system" must have been running slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

I got a letter from Fedex looking for money about 4 weeks after they'd delivered the item from Japan last year. Which sucked.

Hmm, if I'm VAT registered do I need to pay vat on imports from outside EU?

I got a letter from Fedex looking for money about 4 weeks after they'd delivered the item from Japan last year. Which sucked.

I hope you didnt pay them!
    I ignored one before.
    never heard a word after:D

Just got an email from An Post stating they will not delivery anything to Parcel Motel whether it be national or international.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just got an email from An Post stating they will not delivery anything to Parcel Motel whether it be national or international.

Really?? I wonder is there a legitimate reason or are they just trying to kill the competition?

Still no sign of my PS1 arriving in Parcel Motel 2 weeks later. It was definitely posted 2 weeks ago as I have a tracking number saying it was delivered.

Just fired them off an email there, expecting the same 'it's in our warehouse' reply which I've seen here quite a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Is that legal ?

Sounds a bit dodgy, I wonder if there is rules about this as all you are really doing is having goods sent to a private po box .
    It should be different than sending an item to a work address.
    If there is form of items being lost, damaged or undelivered as a result of PM then maybe I can understand why Amazon won't ship to them but I just don't see why with a standard mail carrier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

PS1 turned up in their warehouse, apparently it was posted without my name or PMID. How is that even possible.

o1s1n wrote: »
    PS1 turned up in their warehouse, apparently it was posted without my name or PMID. How is that even possible.

Retarded sellers?

So this seller is annoying me on adverts.ie

http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/dreamcast-saga-sports-limited-edition-console/6156508?notification=ccff8d0f0ce700d727317ab362101b56-1408909533#comment_34842521

Trying to pass this off as a genuine Sega Sports Limited Edition console just because it's Japanese.

The console is white on the bottom ffs! I know the bloke that sold this to him too and he told me that he never sold it under any allusions to it being genuine. The reason it has a Sega Sports body is because he couldn't remove the bottom part from the demo pod that it came from so he just transplanted it onto a regular Dreamcast because it 'looked cool'.

This has to the be the reason he won't give the console's serial number on there either.

All of my comments have been removed and I've been blacklisted by the seller... adverts won't do anything about it either.

I've reported him a few times, this time as a commercial seller... which he quite clearly is going by the amount of ads that he has open in the videogames section.

Three separate Wii consoles for sales, fully boxed? Yeah ok he's definately a private seller adverts :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement