Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

For anyone who got that Sega phone humble bundle, Sonic CD and super monkey ball were just added too! Refresh your humbl bundle app and they'll be there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    For anyone who got that Sega phone humble bundle, Sonic CD and super monkey ball were just added too! Refresh your humbl bundle app and they'll be there.

I can't because I killed my S4 screen! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I can't because I killed my S4 screen! :(
    S-and-P-shakers-Orange-and-white-bp-500x500.jpg

I know that feel bro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

o1s1n wrote: »
    Sonic Racing won't install on my tablet. :(

Super Monkey Ball is great though.

On a semi-related note, Broken Sword won't install either. :(

wouldnt mind playing the last of us.
    how much would I pay for a PS3 and a copy of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

urbanledge wrote: »
    Keep an eye on adverts.

I picked up a PS3 with a whole rake of games for about €200 the other week. And The Last of Us is going for about €30 in CEX so even if it isn't bundled with the console you get, you'll be able to get it for non-stupid money.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well here's one on Adverts for €200
    link
    But I think that's priced a little high.
    CEX have PS3's for 150 and the game for 35, 185 all in, and bring a few bits to trade and drive the price down a bit.

Hmm,
    Im a bit broke atm.
    Might have to flog some stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

safetyboy wrote: »

I didn't tbh, but I'm all over that sheet like a bad rash now! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Seems they got all the great is there other than Matsuno. Looking forward to hearing what Hip Tanaka, Hitoshi Sakimoto and Michiru Yamane have to say.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Seems they got all the great is there other than Matsuno. Looking forward to hearing what Hip Tanaka, Hitoshi Sakimoto and Michiru Yamane have to say.

I'd hazard a guess that more screen time will consist of current artists who grew up playing the games than the actual original composers themselves, so that may be end up being disappointing.

I was quite disappointed with the Dub Echoes documentary (nothing to do with the RBMA) as there was just so many irrelevant and current big name tossers interviewed who werent even that knowledgeable on Dub.

But hopefully this shouldn't be be near as bad.

The line up of composers and current artists is very impressive, and the Music Academy is a great outfit.

The lectures i've seen from well known producers are excellent, and insightful and the interviewers let the guest's personality shine through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

What about Masato Nakamura of Dreams Come True?

The sound track to Sonic 2 is excellent.

MrVestek wrote: »
    What about Masato Nakamura of Dreams Come True?

The sound track to Sonic 2 is excellent.

It is indeed but hes only worked on 2 games in total. :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not sure it's available in Europe yet but you should definitely pick up Azure Striker Gunvolt. It's so good and looks amazing, it has real pixel art and not that ugly adobe illustrator crap most games have. If you pick it up early you get Mighty Gunvolt free which is great as well and looks to be built on the Mega man 9 engine.

Even better one of the characters is from Gal Gun, I keep forgetting Inti Creates also made that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Just turned on the PS3 after 2 years of not using it. Surprisingly quick and painless, ha. I think the Uncharted 3 update took longer than the system update...

Something else that was a little surprising, even though they made the multiplayer free to download and play, you still have to either input the multiplayer code or buy one from the store to play it on the retail release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Just picked up a few packages from parcel motel. So, seems like they completely re packed one of them and discarded the originally packaging!! WTF!!

Normally if a box or packet or ripped they just bag it in one of their parcel envelopes along with the original damaged packing and that's that. This time the item(a watch) was just sitting in a parcel motel bag!
    I'll be contacting them to see what's going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Steve SI wrote: »
    Just picked up a few packages from parcel motel. So, seems like they completely re packed one of them and discarded the originally packaging!! WTF!!

Normally if a box or packet or ripped they just bag it in one of their parcel envelopes along with the original damaged packing and that's that. This time the item(a watch) was just sitting in a parcel motel bag!
    I'll be contacting them to see what's going on.

They seem to be getting slower getting stuff out to the lockers these days, but I know you have been getting a lot of opened packages lately. Hope they get their sh1t together, some sellers have stopped shipping to them.

Monkeykube wrote: »
    They seem to be getting slower getting stuff out to the lockers these days, but I know you have been getting a lot of opened packages lately. Hope they get their sh1t together, some sellers have stopped shipping to them.

Yeah very slow I've noticed. If I'm tracking something and it gets signed for in Parcel Motel it can still take 12-24-36 hours to actually make it to a motel, even if its just the dublin sorting office and not the one up north!

I used to have maybe 10+ packages a week coming into them, now I only use them if it really suits me and I don't have another option.

• Advertisement

It's a great pity given the wonderful, affordable access it gave Irish people to UK sellers, pity Parcel Motel are letting it slip.
    Why on earth would they do that however, given the sort of income it could generate for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

It's a great pity given the wonderful, affordable access it gave Irish people to UK sellers, pity Parcel Motel are letting it slip.
    Why on earth would they do that however, given the sort of income it could generate for them?

Their userbase has probably risen exponentially, & they've not invested enough in staff/infrastructure to keep up with it is my guess.

I think it's only right that the service should have improved given the recent price rise. Unfortunately the opposite seems to be the case, slower delivery and opened or damaged packages shoved into smaller lockers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Was away for the weekend in Kilkenny and trawled thru several charity shops & 'Ye oldie junk shop' while there - one copy of Buzz quiz thing for the PS2 was all I seen... very depressing indeed.

I'm after coming across a local PVM for sale, 9", for about €30, I think I'll pick it up.
    Looks fantastic, might be perfect for the 8/16 bit gen of consoles.

What cables/adapters will I need to get the most out of it?

I'm after coming across a local PVM for sale, 9", for about €30, I think I'll pick it up.
    Looks fantastic, might be perfect for the 8/16 bit gen of consoles.

What cables/adapters will I need to get the most out of it?

Probably the cables I got today and posted about in the New Gets thread

Beyond: Two Souls might be getting a PS4 rerelease. Once was enough Sony. Nobody else needs to play that awful game... and calling it a game is pushing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Was at the Toronto Fan Expo yesterday, big comic con/games type affair and there were a few places selling retro stuff and retro consoles, originals as well as the retron devices. Some were crazy expensive though, the pics arent great cos the games were under a plastic sheet and the lighting made it hard to get clear snaps on my phone, I was really tempted to get that Muramasa on the Vita in the bottom pic but it was too steep and I already own the game:

320679.jpg

320678.jpg

320675.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Oh, and I wish I could say I got this :pac:

320685.jpg

• Advertisement

Sony BVM + Proper Cables and RGB =

158743657_4de6bdf725.jpg

Yeah very slow I've noticed. If I'm tracking something and it gets signed for in Parcel Motel it can still take 12-24-36 hours to actually make it to a motel, even if its just the dublin sorting office and not the one up north!

I used to have maybe 10+ packages a week coming into them, now I only use them if it really suits me and I don't have another option.

Only one plan of action to try and change that....

en masse communication.

If they get enough of people complaining and making suggestions to improve the service they may listen.

If they don't listen then they'll lose customers, simple as that.

I was talking to Steve yesterday and he was telling me about a new Super Famicom boxart book over on KickStarter. Went to pledge just now and it's canceled.:(

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/superfamicomguy/super-famicom-the-box-art-collection

Monkeykube wrote: »
    I was talking to Steve yesterday and he was telling me about a new Super Famicom boxart book over on KickStarter. Went to pledge just now and it's canceled.:(

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/superfamicomguy/super-famicom-the-box-art-collection

Ah balls!! It was bound to happen, but I was hoping it might slip through.

Ah balls!! It was bound to happen, but I was hoping it might slip through.

I know, we were only talking about it getting pulled down by Nintendo, a few hours later it was gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

May be staying around Frankfurt in the way to Lithuania. Any retro gaming stuff around? I thought they'd a museum there but it's Berlin (its like 5 hours away)

Mean meaning to pick up a 3ds for years. Looks like the new one is out in Japan on the 11th of next month. Luckily I'll be leaving Tokyo that day!
    Hopefully I can snag one for the plane home.
    No region lock on them is there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Mean meaning to pick up a 3ds for years. Looks like the new one is out in Japan on the 11th of next month. Luckily I'll be leaving Tokyo that day!
    Hopefully I can snag one for the plane home.
    No region lock on them is there?

There is unfortunately, so you'll be stuck with NTSC-J games if you pick one up in Japan. Hopefully a mod or something will come out for make it region free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

I'm fairly certain they are region locked.

As far as I know, there was a way around it, but it's not the easiest thing to do and I'd imagine it's been patched by now.

There is unfortunately, so you'll be stuck with NTSC-J games if you pick one up in Japan. Hopefully a mod or something will come out for make it region free.

Ah scaldy :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Ah scaldy :-(

Unless of course this new 3DS will be region free, although I'd highly doubt it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Unless of course this new 3DS will be region free...

There's more chance of retr0 coming out of the closet and admitting he prefers 50Hz and RF.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Andrew76 wrote: »
    There's more chance of retr0 coming out of the closet and admitting he prefers 50Hz and RF.
    It's still more likely than whenever he admits to liking Legend of Dragoon, right?

It's still more likely than whenever he admits to liking Legend of Dragoon, right?

Well, his judgement is a tad ropey,
    Loving these and all
    Zelda_CD-I_The_Faces_of_Evil

cutscene2.jpg

The Gameboy Player adapter for the Gamecube...are the boot discs for those region locked?

Myrddin wrote: »
    The Gameboy Player adapter for the Gamecube...are the boot discs for those region locked?

As far as I know they are indeed region locked :(

As far as I know they are indeed region locked :(

Ah smeg :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Myrddin wrote: »
    Ah smeg :(

Haven't heard that one in a long time!

So what’s making Nintendo reconsider? According to a rumor from Tilmen of NintenDomination, the new Nintendo 3DS could potentially mark the start of region-free gaming for Nintendo. The rumor also states that big changes are incoming for Nintendo Network ID, which could mean fully unified accounts with games that are tied to the account instead of the console.

http://wiiudaily.com/2014/09/is-the-new-nintendo-3ds-the-start-of-region-free-gaming-for-nintendo-rumor/

Could be hope!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Haven't heard that one in a long time!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement