Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    It's the real deal. XBox One exclusive too. Likewise, I won't be buying it. Nice bait and all that...

CLICK ME DO

Interesting, wonder will be a vert shmup as before or something different. Hopefully it'll come to PC at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,389 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Well those pictures really weren't what I was expecting. Raiden does Ace Combat maybe? I hope to feck not, that's too bizarre to comprehend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

The Silent Hills concept trailer is pretty brilliant:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

o1s1n wrote: »
    Well those pictures really weren't what I was expecting. Raiden does Ace Combat maybe? I hope to feck not, that's too bizarre to comprehend.

Is it going to be at an angel like the neogeo game viewpoint?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

DinoRex wrote: »
    The Silent Hills concept trailer is pretty brilliant:

2f3bf818f550e696f0896dce17bf586571326a867eef5cd9391a14d281413c82.jpg

Looks great, PS4 for me this winter so. Bloodbourne already sold me and this is just icing on the cake

Hopfully Sonys losses this year dont shut down the Playstation division :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The games division will be fine. Worst comes to the worst they cut it off from the rest of Sony to protect it, probably with their film section.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The games division will be fine. Worst comes to the worst they cut it off from the rest of Sony to protect it, probably with their film section.
    After viewing both Amazing Spiderman movies, I'd be better off if they sold their movie division all together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,389 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

After viewing both Amazing Spiderman movies, I'd be better off if they sold their movie division all together.

Your obsession with those films is verging on unhealthy :p

o1s1n wrote: »
    Your obsession with those films is verging on unhealthy :p
    Now I know how the guys who watched the Star Wars Prequels felt when they first viewed them, because I now have an equivalent set of films that I can compare them to. Only difference is that I wasn't particularly excited for them in the first place.

Besides, I'm typing up a personal essay on what both of those movies did wrong...yes, there will be comparisons made to the original Raimi movies. Like how in the ASM movies, Pete would rather move to Oxford with Gwen Stacy than to protect the city from which he resides. Why? Because his cock said so. In Spiderman 2, even when Maguire's Parker lost his powers, he was always committed to do the right thing. Like when he rescued that kid from the burning building, followed by the next scene where he monologues about him as to why can't he have his powers. See? If there's any scenes that sum up those two characters well, it's those ones.

I still don't get why people find Garfield's Parker better than Maguire's. Hell, his Spiderman just showcases why translating the quipping from the comics just doesn't work on film. It's so obnoxious on screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Groan :o Just move this thread to the film forum & be done with it

• Advertisement

Myrddin wrote: »
    Groan :o Just move this thread to the film forum & be done with it

:pac:

First urbanledge and now you? There must be a serial Crunchy Nut Cornflake thief on the loose with all the grumpyness about.

I'm sure there charter rules for off topic chat but this place would be boring as feck without it sometimes (not to mention quiet). :P

Although Nerd's obsession about the ****eness of the latest Spidey films is a bit scary.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's a film about a man that ejaculates spider web from his wrists not the next Werner Herzog masterpiece.

It's a film about a man that ejaculates spider web from his wrists not the next Werner Herzog masterpiece.

Herzog Zwei was a fairly decent MD game I believe?

(Nicely back on topic for ya Myrddin. ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

It's a film about a man that ejaculates.

OLD MAN IN CINEMA!!!

Andrew76 wrote: »

First urbanledge and now you? There must be a serial Crunchy Nut Cornflake thief on the loose with all the grumpyness about.

I'm sure there charter rules for off topic chat but this place would be boring as feck without it sometimes (not to mention quiet). :P

Although Nerd's obsession about the ****eness of the latest Spidey films is a bit scary.

Off topic is one thing, but it wouldn't surprise me if half the posts in this thread are about films :D ****e films at that!

OLD MAN IN CINEMA!!!

Memories beginning to resurface...I'm getting an image of o1s1n spotting some odd goings on in a cinema with regard to an old man....

OI!

I wonder if people said the same thing whenever someone brings up the Prequels. Personally, I think the ASM movies are much worse.
    None of those films will ever compare to the greatness of when he ate his shoe.

Speaking of Herzog...

Herzog Zwei was a fairly decent MD game I believe?

(Nicely back on topic for ya Myrddin. ;))
    Well, it is a games fourm. Let's discuss how bad the ASM games have been so far, then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

It's all about movies, phones and ps4 at the moment around here. Glad to here Ciderman has decided on his new phone all the same, looks happy enough with his purchase.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSt2AFwqZTf2-41rFE9nc9l_-owzqFAezbK7S-DXOOnAE50XT-K

Memories beginning to resurface...I'm getting an image of o1s1n spotting some odd goings on in a cinema with regard to an old man....

Nah it was Señor Ultimate who went to watch a Scandinavian arthouse melodrama about a woman that collects opera house binoculars. The film documents her journey across the Massai Steppe with a young postal worker from Phibsboro as she slowly descends in to psychotropic madness.

Anyway, during the fillum some aul fella got his lad out and pulled the stomach off of himself in front of Mr. U. :pac:

• Advertisement

Nah it was Señor Ultimate who went to watch a Scandinavian arthouse melodrama about a woman that collects opera house binoculars. The film documents her journey across the Massai Steppe with a young postal worker from Phibsboro as she slowly descends in to psychotropic madness.

Anyway, during the fillum some aul fella got his lad out and pulled the stomach off of himself in front of Mr. U. :pac:

Did he ever verify the whereabouts of Cidey that night? :pac:

Oh that's right it was Mr Ultimate who experienced the incident :o That was almost meme'ififed around here

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Monkeykube wrote: »
    It's all about movies, phones and ps4 at the moment around here. Glad to here Ciderman has decided on his new phone all the same, looks happy enough with his purchase.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSt2AFwqZTf2-41rFE9nc9l_-owzqFAezbK7S-DXOOnAE50XT-K
    I want the suitcase phone they used in Lethal Weapon!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Did he ever verify the whereabouts of Cidey that night? :pac:

Steady on!
    I've been accused of a lot of things around here!
    I've even 'fessed up to a few things too!
    But an Amazing Spider-Man fan I am not!
    Nor do I make the habit of abusing myself in public spaces!
    And never sitting in front of JU in the dark!

No
    I do it standing behind JU in the dark....
    While he's sleeping.....

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Steady on!
    I've been accused of a lot of things around here!
    I've even 'fessed up to a few things too!
    But an Amazing Spider-Man fan I am not!
    Nor do I make the habit of abusing myself in public spaces!
    And never sitting in front of JU in the dark!

No
    I do it standing behind JU in the dark....
    While he's sleeping.....

OLD MAN IN CINEMA!!!!!!!!!

LETHAL_WEAPON_small.jpg

Now that's a phone!

I wonder if you can get flappy bird on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    LETHAL_WEAPON_small.jpg

Now that's a phone!

I wonder if you can get flappy bird on it?

No, but someone's probably hacked Doom onto it. There's an additional difficulty setting, "I'm getting too old for this sh!t!"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,833 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Sometimes I think I've forgotten the trauma of old man in the cinema. But it can't be escaped :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Argos have a really good deal on the xbox one at the moment. You can get it with destiny and titanfall for €379. You can also get it with 2 copies of destiny either, and if you trade those into cex they'll give you €42 cash each which means the console works out at €295. Seriously considering getting one today and I am dying to play Forza horizon 2 at the end of the month. Would I be mad to get one?

Argos have a really good deal on the xbox one at the moment. You can get it with destiny and titanfall for €379. You can also get it with 2 copies of destiny either, and if you trade those into cex they'll give you €42 cash each which means the console works out at €295. Seriously considering getting one today and I am dying to play Forza horizon 2 at the end of the month. Would I be mad to get one?

For €295, it seems a pretty decent deal

For €295, it seems a pretty decent deal

Yeah it's pretty good. I just don't know if I really want to get an xb1 just yet but there are a couple of upcoming games I'd be interested in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,833 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

D4 has just been stealth released, which is the only One exclusive so far I'd have much interest in playing. Would still put it below the Wii U and PS4 in terms of upcoming games (and existing catalogue), but 295 is a good price.

Yeah it's pretty good. I just don't know if I really want to get an xb1 just yet but there are a couple of upcoming games I'd be interested in.

Even if you wait a year, I can't see it dropping to that price by then. If you want one down the road, that deal seems like a no brainer. Half tempted myself, but I've the Sunset Overdrive bundle pre ordered for the festive season

Would still put it below the Wii U and PS4 in terms of upcoming games (and existing catalogue), but 295 is a good price.

This and I hope folks don't have such short term memories as to forget what a balls the XBox One actually is.

Start lapping it up and those u turns will slowly become 360's...

Even if you wait a year, I can't see it dropping to that price by then. If you want one down the road, that deal seems like a no brainer. Half tempted myself, but I've the Sunset Overdrive bundle pre ordered for the festive season

I so want the sunset overdrive bundle, just for the white console. I'll do a swap with you :P

This and I hope folks don't have such short term memories as to forget what a balls the XBox One actually is.

Start lapping it up and those u turns will slowly become 360's...

Not sure I'd agree there, it's the draconian bs that has MS in the position they're in with the One. The launch/reveal was an absolute disaster, & they more or less handed the advantage to Sony on a silver platter. But since then, in all fairness to them (with the help of a new man at the helm too) they've reversed a lot of the silly policies & have been putting things right. They have a public feedback system in place, & have been actively implementing changes based on feedback (thus learning first hand what people actually want).

Yes the console is still a balls, but it's not even out a year yet. The PS4 is still no great shakes, & the Wii U has had a year longer on the market. Lest we forget how much of a balls the Wii U was for a LONG time after release, same with the 3DS too. Give it time. I know the One looks to have a hardware disadvantage over the PS4, but so does the Wii U ;)

I so want the sunset overdrive bundle, just for the white console. I'll do a swap with you :P

I know, I'm a bit of a sucker for ltd edition/variant colours. But ever since Andrew likened the white One to the old Sky+ boxes, it's a case of cannot be unseen...feck you Andrew! :D Ah it's not for me as such, so I don't care! :o

Yeah they royally fecked up the launch but a lot of the stuff has been put right. As is the same with every new console generation the game selection is a bit crap but they'll come in time. One of my friends got an XB1 at launch and is happy enough with the system.

I know, I'm a bit of a sucker for ltd edition/variant colours. But ever since Andrew likened the white One to the old Sky+ boxes, it's a case of cannot be unseen...feck you Andrew! :D Ah it's not for me as such, so I don't care! :o

Nintendo are especially good at making me want special edition 3DS consoles. Now that you've said it does look like the sky+ box! I suppose I could always sell on the black console and get the white one at another stage.

^ Nintendo are the kings for it! Damn you Nintendo!

^ Nintendo are the kings for it! Damn you Nintendo!

Hopefully with this new 3DS they'll just release special faceplates instead of whole new consoles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Hopefully with this new 3DS they'll just release special faceplates instead of whole new consoles.

Not with the XL though, just the standard size ones! Which seems like a silly decision.

• Advertisement

Star Lord wrote: »
    Not with the XL though, just the standard size ones! Which seems like a silly decision.

Ah that's a bit crap :( I bet they'll have nicer new 3DS XL models and all.

I went ahead and reserved the xb1 in Argos anyway just in case! Has anyone else here picked one up? (Not in Argos but in general)

It's a boring looking slab of plastic imo, black or white. The Wii-U is no looker either but at least it now has the games that made it a worthwhile purchase for me. I know function is more important than form, but it would be nice if they put more effort into the design of these machines when they cost so much. Thankfully you spend more time looking at the TV instead.

@Atavan - if it has games you want to play that you can't play elsewhere, and you're happy to pay the price of admission, then it'll be worth it. Otherwise it won't.

No interest in ps4 or xbox one at the moment, games are way overpriced for the amount they're selling worldwide. My son has a WiiU, seems to show more innovation than Sony and Microsoft put together. 70 euro plus for a game that will probably be sold for a fraction of that second hand in less than a year, I don't think so.

If anything a good game that is released now will be released again as a goty edition or something similar somewhere down the line. A lot of dlc that was purchased separately when the game was first released will probably be included. If anything that's what I'd be buying, when it dropped down to a reasonable price. I buy very few games as new releases, a good game now will still be a good game in years to come, may be even better.

OHMYGOD, DID ANYONE ELSE SEE THE LATEST MGSV GAMEPLAY VIDEO!?

ZP30o4.gif
    Yv0r6P.gif
    ApD4JL.gif
    YdKMxz.gif
    Aw5v0x.gif
    30zkqAl.gif

More ps4 stuff..............
    yawning%20monkey.jpg

Monkeykube wrote: »
    More ps4 stuff..............
    yawning%20monkey.jpg
    Hmph. Monkey's. They're never loyal to the end, like Snake's wolf is.

Also, PS4? This ain't an exclusive.

The only game I really want to play on the xboxps4inOne is D4. Absolutely nothing else on them that makes it net resting. I was in GameStop today thinking I'd treat myself no one and walked out in disgust. I just have memories of buying my PS3 from te states because it was cheaper and telling myself the drought will dry up only for it to sit gathering dust for a year. If Evil Within is good Ill probably crack and definitely get one for bloodbourne.

It's a really boring start to the generation with everyone playing it safe. Microsoft are desperately trying to appeal to the dudebro crowd and investing in really safe but full titles and Sony seem to be scared of ****ing up since games is all they have eft that makes money so are being very conservative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Yeah Bloodborne is what will sell me on a ps4, I'd have gotten one eventually anyway but I rarely buy new consoles on release, usually a year or two down the line. The last console I bought at launch was a Gamecube. And a 360 a few months after launch.

I'll keep "purchasing" psn+ titles for the ps4 though, be handy to have when I do get one, nice backlog of stuff to put on it.

Also, PS4? This ain't an exclusive.

Is that not the format the gameplay video was on? I never claimed it to be an exclusive either. I'm just not into Metal Gear, only have two of the older games myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

everyone see the final fantasy 13 trilogy coming to pc in October ??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement