Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah played through Gone Home last night l. Really excellent stuff, perfect length aside from a slightly rushed ending. Loved how it cleverly utilses the familiar tropes of survival horror in a very different context.

It and Papers Please are easily two of the best games of the year, especially in storytelling terms. On a different level, really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

After months and months of searching with zero luck, Arcade Otaku finally provided.

Stay tuned...for legendary PCB goodness. (and the horror)

Rex_zps9f8ebc40.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Oh god no...

Master of the Universe

I think this calls for a beers, you all need to be there the first time that dinosaur/banshee sound comes out of the cab's speakers :D

o1s1n wrote: »
    you all need to be there the first time that dinosaur/banshee sound comes out of the cab's speakers :D

Actually, we don't. We'll likely hear it anyway no matter where we are....:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I think this calls for a beers, you all need to be there the first time that dinosaur/banshee sound comes out of the cab's speakers :D

AIIIIIIEEEEE!

off topic , for fans of cheap pc gaming , EA(yeah ea! who'd have thought) humblebundle is out , fiver gets you Battlefield3, Deadspace 1 and 3,mirrors edge ,MOH,Burnout paradise, crysis2, and some sims stuff.pretty decent deal.Bar BF3 and the sims they all have steam keys too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

EnterNow wrote: »
    Oh god no...

Oh god YES!!

Nice find o1s1n!

Dr Bob wrote: »
    off topic , for fans of cheap pc gaming , EA(yeah ea! who'd have thought) humblebundle is out , fiver gets you Battlefield3, Deadspace 1 and 3,mirrors edge ,MOH,Burnout paradise, crysis2, and some sims stuff.pretty decent deal.Bar BF3 and the sims they all have steam keys too.

Yoink. The little fella has been blistering me to get the Sims 3...this'll do nicely

• Advertisement

Actually Bob, just looking at your Super 8 video, the NES cart is being output in 60Hz...you don't actually have to bother modding the Snes any further now unless you want to....

Edit - Ah, you noticed already as per the Gradius part. Btw if you want me to lift those pins for you just let me know :)

Master of the Universe

Oh god YES!!

Nice find o1s1n!

:D

Yeah, seriously took ages. Never seen one appear on ebay before or AO, Jamma+ or any other site.

The guy I picked up Super Puzzle Bobble from just listed it this morning on AO. Also grabbing the PGM game The Gladiator from him. Absolutely class so it is, beautiful side scrolling beat em up.

EnterNow wrote: »
    Actually Bob, just looking at your Super 8 video, the NES cart is being output in 60Hz...you don't actually have to bother modding the Snes any further now unless you want to....

Edit - Ah, you noticed already as per the Gradius part. Btw if you want me to lift those pins for you just let me know :)
    cheers , might take you up on that , the lockout chip was a hairbreadth away from being unusable (the pin broke leaving a nub..enough to solder to..just)and thats the EASY mod! , everything else is pretty much there so it should be an quick finish if you're up for it!.
    yeah the Super 8 is outputting 60 hz ,which is nice as I dont believe you can mod a stock NES to do that (famicom AV mod I know I know..etc..;))my dedicated NES tv cant handle 60hz though , so the NES toaster still has some use (plus it turns out timelord and digger t rock wont work with the super8 ..and I own both of em!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I liked your Batman Retrospective....

Loved Caped Crusader on the C64... never knew there was a top own Batman the Movie game though.

DinoRex wrote: »
    I liked your Batman Retrospective....

Loved Caped Crusader on the C64... never knew there was a top own Batman the Movie game though.

cheers ..part II is up now btw

Master of the Universe

I got this yesterday and can't get any of the Steam keys to register. Steam tries for ages but eventually says it can't connect to the server. Dunno what's up!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Anyone see this?

Gamestop have apparently 'found' a load of copies of Xenoblade Chronicles and are charging $90 each.

They also have them down as 'used' when they're clearly not.

http://kotaku.com/extreme-gamestop-pricing-leaves-some-fans-calling-scam-1108627828

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Anyone see this?

Gamestop have apparently 'found' a load of copies of Xenoblade Chronicles and are charging $90 each.

They also have them down as 'used' when they're clearly not.

http://kotaku.com/extreme-gamestop-pricing-leaves-some-fans-calling-scam-1108627828

Xenoblade, The Last Story and Pandoras Tower were always going to be collectibles on the Wii. They probably just held back stock to wait till the value rose, greedy b@stards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Tatsunoko vs Capcom should be going in that direction soon enough, since it's out of print and Capcom didn't look into renewing the license.

Xenoblade was far the best of the three, but now is the time to pick up the Wii titles for the right money. Fragile Dreams for me was one of the nicest looking games on the Wii, doesn't get great reviews but worth picking up .You won't go far wrong with Sin and Punishment either, pick it up if you don't already have it, worth the investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

I've been meaning to get The Last Story, lately.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,887 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Fragile Dreams is like Deadly Premonition and Secret of Evermore. It does so much wrong but it's such a unique and brilliant experience that you can forgive it's flaws for the amazing journey it takes you on.

I heard Gamestop actually got Xenoblade reprinted and are selling it at a stupidly high price. They are saying that it's part of their 'vintage' collection of 'pre-owned' games. Such ****, it came out in 2012 in the US I think. They say they will be adding Metroid Prime Trilogy to their vintage collection as well.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Fragile Dreams is like Deadly Premonition and Secret of Evermore. It does so much wrong but it's such a unique and brilliant experience that you can forgive it's flaws for the amazing journey it takes you on.

I couldn't have put it better myself, it's that type of game. Deadly Premonition stood out from the crowd on the box and it was released on the ps3 lately, think I would stick to the original.

Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »

I heard Gamestop actually got Xenoblade reprinted and are selling it at a stupidly high price. They are saying that it's part of their 'vintage' collection of 'pre-owned' games. Such ****, it came out in 2012 in the US I think. They say they will be adding Metroid Prime Trilogy to their vintage collection as well.

Literally printing money.

The dj won't play miley Cyrus an I am so pissed off.

Also I just got slapped in the face.

#youcanttwerkwith us.

By the time I'm finished with miley cyrus's box it'd be a triangle. I'd sex the hole off her.

I better have second with Simeon e or else ill end up riding retr0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

And balance has been restored after last weeks dry run.

OMG GAGGING FOR SEX BECAUSE ASIAN GIRL WON'T HAVE SEX WITH ME WHO TJE FICK DOES SHE THINK SHE IS SHE SO WNTA TJE D.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

OMG GAGGING FOR SEX BECAUSE ASIAN GIRL WON'T HAVE SEX WITH ME WHO TJE FICK DOES SHE THINK SHE IS SHE SO WNTA TJE D.

It's almost as if you got several times more drunk with each composed word, the message growing increasingly incoherent until the inevitable onset of absolute gibberish :pac:

Master of the Universe

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    And balance has been restored after last weeks dry run.

That's some wagon to fall off. :pac:

What hope do any of us have when our moderator is named after an intoxicating beverage!

• Advertisement

OMG we god roofied 2njtw. OMG gonna get taped 2niye

Ahhh. I see Atavan is pretending to be drunk again to get attention.

Also, they're gonna make a new Pokemon show to run with the currently airing one, focusing on Red.

Ahhh. I see Atavan is pretending to be drunk again to get attention.

Also, they're gonna make a new Pokemon show to run with the currently airing one, focusing on Red.

I'm not pretending I'm literally drunk.

**** botches I'm go. Rode nocki minaj because IBM dribk. And usit correct had failede me as duck.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

And yet that was spelled and parsed perfectly... Could it be that Atavan isn't the drunken sex monster he always said he was?

Knowing the internet, you may have a very loose definition of the term "literally". For all we know, your head may have literally exploded.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Rode nocki minaj because IBM dribk.

Perhaps some sort of Nicki Minaj tribute act?
    Her Mexican counterpart?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Is this actually a thing?

Oh, it's actually a thing. They've redone the artwork too. I wonder if it's going to be an also-ran like 'Adventures.'

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    And yet that was spelled and parsed perfectly... Could it be that Atavan isn't the drunken sex monster he always said he was?

It's because I want bed to make sure I was clear on things. You I know I'm a lunch bbz.

• Advertisement

By then end of 2014 I'm going to learn how to twerk.

#selfie #semi-nude. Now I'm coining to sleep.

By then end of 2014 I'm going to learn how to twerk.

It's good to set goals for one's self.
    But don't you need epic ass cheeks for twerking?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It's good to set goals for one's self.
    But don't you need epic ass cheeks for twerking?

But of course I have epic arse cheeks!

Sweet mother of Jesus someone needs to ban me from the Internet after a few drinks :o

But of course I have epic arse cheeks!

Sweet mother of Jesus someone needs to ban me from the Internet after a few drinks :o

For a while there you were doing well, sadly the old "Incidents at A&R" has been reset to zero...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,887 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It has been 14 0 days since the last drunken atavan halen post.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Hah excellent, just tested out the Ignore List for the first time and it hides your posts, thought it just blocked PM's or something. Now to add a macro to auto add you to the list between the hours of 9pm and 9am. :P

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Hah excellent, just tested out the Ignore List for the first time and it hides your posts, thought it just blocked PM's or something. Now to add a macro to auto add you to the list between the hours of 9pm and 9am. :P

There's a user script somewhere on this site, that blocks a post that quotes someone on your ignore list too :D

I think a system that detects sentence strings where there is a distinct lack of vowels would probably be effective in Atavans case.
    We could also have Boards alert AA, A&E, H&M, S&M and any other relevant abbreviated groups that spring to mind!

Master of the Universe

#selfie #semi-nude. Now I'm coining to sleep.

CANNOT.BE.UNSEEN

You heard it here first. Atavan just coined the term "to sleep".

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement