Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

HIS!?

You called?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

May I be the Ambassador of Sonic the hedgehod A&R forum

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You called?
    hs-boys-2-620x.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

May I be the Ambassador of Sonic the hedgehod A&R forum

:D

No, there is already an ex-sega forum mod in these parts, he has the ambassadorial gig for life I'm afraid.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    No, there is already an ex-sega forum mod in these parts, he has the ambassadorial gig for life I'm afraid.

pfff I am still no.1 sonic fanboy brah

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

And you have our deepest sympathies for that. :P

Normally can't stand Christmas jumpers but that Sonic one doesn't look that bad at all. Still, wouldn't wear it outside the house. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I wonder though if that is the finished article or a mock up, most of the graphics don't look stitched, might not look quite like that in the flesh so to speak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Bit off topic but for anyone interested I'll be on the Ray Darcy show tomorrow morning around nine.

I'll be talking about my nude work for hen parties. And I'll be going be the name of Jack Burton so keep an ear out for me

That was well entertaining, fair play to ya.
    Listened to your main bit (around 6 minutes in)
    and I then skipped to the end and caught your parting joke :D :pac:

Hope you don't mind me posting the link to the podcast

http://www.todayfm.com/player/podcasts/The_Ray_DArcy_Show/Ray_DArcy_Show/21502/1/adult_party_entertainers_panel

Andrew76 wrote: »
    And you have our deepest sympathies for that. :P

Normally can't stand Christmas jumpers but that Sonic one doesn't look that bad at all. Still, wouldn't wear it outside the house. :pac:

lol well I am a fanboy of the 16bit games mostly , hate 3d games other than colours and generations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You can usurp my position when you get your own Sonic Crackers prototype :p

Plucked the thoughts straight out of my mind - was going to post the exact same thing earlier but didn't want to seem like a crank :D

o1s1n wrote: »
    You can usurp my position when you get your own Sonic Crackers prototype :p
    Surely I should get at least 2nd for having around 90 issues of STC

Master of the Universe

And doesn't Atavan have a Sonic tattoo?

I dunno Richie, at this rate you'll be lucky to make the top 10 :pac:

o1s1n wrote: »
    And doesn't Atavan have a Sonic tattoo?

I dunno Richie, at this rate you'll be lucky to make the top 10 :pac:

ive sonic socks and a sonic toy car from 1991

between that and me wearing socks I wonder which one of us is going to go fast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yeah I have a sonic tattoo. You can't call yourself a fan without permanently scarring yourself in the process :P this was straight after it was done over 3 years ago now. My legs are too hairy to take a recent pic.

39A0101B-4793-4317-B8BF-52FEF1ACF33F_zpsukzvpqev.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Proco Jr. wrote: »

The hours spent in arcades memories that brought back.

Holy crap, Bayonetta 2 is breathtaking!
    Can't wait for the full release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I've the c64 book he did, I like it.
    But I hope he listens to what people have said and change the book design a little to improve how the artwork is viewed. A hardback option would fix the issue.

• Advertisement

Steve SI wrote: »
    I've the c64 book he did, I like it.
    But I hope he listens to what people have said and change the book design a little to improve how the artwork is viewed. A hardback option would fix the issue.

What's wrong with the C64 book? I was thinking about ordering it once it becomes available for the non-kickstarter folk. Still worth buying?

What's wrong with the C64 book? I was thinking about ordering it once it becomes available for the non-kickstarter folk. Still worth buying?

It’s definitely still worth getting. There’s nothing wrong with it exactly, just some of the artwork is hard to see as it’s sort of lost in the centre fold of the book. If it was done a different way or done as a hardback this wouldn’t be an issue.

As its mostly an artwork book, it’s a shame really.

sp5Yan.jpg
    gxluRm.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Yeh i agree, plus i thought the size was a little small not the amount of pages but the size of them, i was expecting something bigger. also I kinda assumed it was going to be hardback and was surprised when it wasnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Great Simon Greedwell tribute page:

http://www.burymewithmymoney.com/

Steve SI wrote: »
    It’s definitely still worth getting. There’s nothing wrong with it exactly, just some of the artwork is hard to see as it’s sort of lost in the centre fold of the book. If it was done a different way or done as a hardback this wouldn’t be an issue.

As its mostly an artwork book, it’s a shame really.

Cheers, I can live with that issue. Might make a decent chrimbo pressie too.

Actually speaking of Kickstarter books - we should be getting the Megadrive one in the door pretty soon I think, this month at least?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Not quiet retro but.. hack to enable Oculus Rift support in Alien Isolation for those lucky enough to own both.

Only started on the PS4 version last night. It's really cool.

It has a really dumb feature where the cam on the PS4 tracks my head movements so I can crane my neck to look around corners in the game. And if I make any noise in my living room then the mic pics it up and the Alien can hear me.

DinoRex wrote: »
    Only started on the PS4 version last night. It's really cool.

It has a really dumb feature where the cam on the PS4 tracks my head movements so I can crane my neck to look around corners in the game. And if I make any noise in my living room then the mic pics it up and the Alien can hear me.

So don't go eating beans on toast beforehand... :pac:

Presume that can be turned off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Fantastic way to troll your mates, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Holy crap, Bayonetta 2 is breathtaking!
    Can't wait for the full release.
    I don't even own a Wii U and already I've my sights set on the game.

• Advertisement

I managed to get a pre-order in for the limited edition. It seemed to sell out fast.

keithgeo wrote: »
    Yeh i agree, plus i thought the size was a little small not the amount of pages but the size of them, i was expecting something bigger. also I kinda assumed it was going to be hardback and was surprised when it wasnt.

:)

But yeah I agree, it was a bit smaller than expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

michael-scott1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Tempted to get a Wii U myself for the recent and upcoming releases. Maybe I'll drop a few hints with Christmas on the way, ha.

Will the Bayonetta special edition sell out fast? As of yet I've only seen the standard edition on Game.co.uk. Gamestop only have the special edition listed on their website with "All retail copies of Bayonetta 2 will include Bayonetta 1". I'd have thought it would be like the release of The Conduit. Every copy was a special edition...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I have the double pack ordered from game, missed out on the limited one:( It will be interesting to see how the WiiU copes with it. The original one seemed to look a lot nicer on the 360 than ps3 imo, just wondering if the WiiU has the power to keep everything moving and looking as it should. I know it has being getting good reviews though, seems to be a few people picking it up here in anyway.

so many feels (spoilers warning)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Just in relation to the C64 book.

I think the images are zoomed too much.
    I know we used to all sit close to the tv back in the day but it's too pixelated. what Steve says is true, some more content on each and a hard back would be great.
    Still signing up for the amiga though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Not quiet retro but.. hack to enable Oculus Rift support in Alien Isolation for those lucky enough to own both.

...looks like it supports the DK1 version of the rift as well (the older one I have)
    (runs out to buy Alien:Isolation and several new pairs of pants)

No — no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet.

http://imgur.com/gallery/E4CLx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Think it's a sign of my age that immediately after my initial 'WOW', I went 'christ, 'magine the leccy bill'.

Sera wrote: »
    so many feels
    so many feels
    so many feels
    feels

1448.gif

Yeah, I think you know I hate the use of that word.

Oooh. Have to be on topic now...well, you know that Disney have started putting up their games on Steam now? Well, they've just put up one of Monolith's classics, Tron 2.0.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/327740/

Oh. And speaking of Monolith, you're probably more interested in wanting to have a look at their No One Lives Forever games...well, you can't...at least for now, what with all the rights issues and stuff. Well, if you've already been aware of those problems and you hope that they'll be sorted eventually...

futurama-good-news-everyone.gif

What? Were you expecting the Professor?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=132824954&postcount=332
    JaseC wrote:
    Night Dive's NOLF trademarks have been published for opposition and assuming nobody contests them, they'll be awarded in a few weeks. If we further assume that ND filed for the trademarks because it's worked something out with Fox then there's a very real chance of the games being re-released by Christmas.

Few on here might like this
    Win a Shirt Signed by Keiji Inafune by supporting ScrewAttackLive!
    Yeah, I think you know I hate the use of that word.
    tough_spongebob_i_ll_have_you_know.jpg
    I'll have you know I never saw that post where you said that and I promise to never to bring it up again in future posts
    When Ciderman likes SOR :pac:

When Ciderman likes SOR :pac:
    You mean to tell me he DOESN'T!?

i5EDfFogNb1Fx.gif

Master of the Universe

When Ciderman likes SOR

His feels!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

I remember when this was all feels!

• Advertisement

No idea what you lot are on about with your 'feels'. Sounds a bit fruity to me... :pac:

homersphobia3.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Dem feels
    8a8b881f7059a8445e47be6cdbef905e.jpg

tumblr_static_lie-down-try-not-to-cry-cry-a-lot.jpg

nTZxmyFl.jpg

I normally don't buy Retrogamer since Retr0 usually gets it and I see it that way but it has Sega Saturn on it, I was like
    sparkle-eye.jpeg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement