Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Atavan is out of nappies?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

o1s1n wrote: »
    Atavan is out of nappies?
    Huh? I always thought he just did his business in the corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Or in the swimming pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

The toilet is scary ok!!

HOLY SHAZBOT, NEW SHADOW OF THE BEAST FOR PS4!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Kind of looks like god of bore.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Let's face it, Atavan would score regardless, a king of gonzo sex that fellow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

2 conferences from sony that were nothing but painful to watch

Nintendo seem to be the only one to know that games matter

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Nintendo seem to be the only one to know that games matter

:confused:

If Sony just hadn't announced over a dozen new games for PS4 - a majority of which look very interesting indeed - in the space of around 10 minutes, I think I'd take that claim a little more seriously. If anything, Sony are the ones who seem most focused on 'games matter' these days. Plus, Vita is finally looking like it will be worth a purchase.

If Sony just hadn't announced over a dozen new games for PS4 - a majority of which look very interesting indeed - in the space of around 10 minutes, I think I'd take that claim a little more seriously. If anything, Sony are the ones who seem most focused on 'games matter' these days. Plus, Vita is finally looking like it will be worth a purchase.
    Ignore him. His mind would only change if they announced Sonic Adventure 3 along with the other games.

• Advertisement

indie wise yes but majority of those games could be bought elsewhere besides that vita title murasakibaby which looks excellent

vita getting a price drop was the highlight and i hope it sells but i would like to see more games that a port of borderlands 2

Ignore him. His mind would only change if they announced Sonic Adventure 3 along with the other games.

well given the fact i dislike sonic adventure 2 i would not want to see sonic adventure 3 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/red-nintendo-3ds-with-games/3612112

Got done up like a kipper.

****ing bastard scuppered the deal

All reported but tbh Adverts can go and jump:mad:

His reason

It is my little sisters so she is the one who accepted the other offer as they gave 20 euro more for it...it's for her 11th birthday so she jumped at the chance...sorry for your dissatisfaction but it isn't my choice as the DS isn't mine.

well given the fact i dislike sonic adventure 2 i would not want to see sonic adventure 3 :D
    Well then, how do you like the Animaniacs video games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'd be very wary about personally abusing people publicly like you did on Adverts there Sparks. You've no idea who people are or what they're capable of. Nothing stopping them seeing your comments, registering new accounts, arranging to meet you in a few weeks/months & causing you all sorts of trouble.

Sure enough rule breaking went on, but all you can do is report it. There's no sense in taking it any further than that & opening yourself up personally to grief. Just my 2c

Well then, how do you like the Animaniacs video games?

never played them :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

EnterNow wrote: »
    I'd be very wary about personally abusing people publicly like you did on Adverts there Sparks. You've no idea who people are or what they're capable of. Nothing stopping them seeing your comments, registering new accounts, arranging to meet you in a few weeks/months & causing you all sorts of trouble.

Sure enough rule breaking went on, but all you can do is report it. There's no sense in taking it any further than that & opening yourself up personally to grief. Just my 2c

Agreed i went too far there

Red mist can do that to you

Probably going to end my time on adverts not really worth this crap:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Not worth the trouble at all. Any good deals are ruined by off thread offers.

Anything game wise I'll just buy/sell through our forum here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Agreed i went too far there

Red mist can do that to you

Probably going to end my time on adverts not really worth this crap:mad:

Sure, who needs Adverts when you have getting kneed in the ghoolies outside a pub, at least you'll be drunk when you get done over!
    Plus, we'll always have the A&R Marketplace!

Hey, is Paper Mario for the GC worth €30?
    My son is just about finished it on the Wii and clipping along with the 3DS title, I have the N64 game that he's yet to start, thought I might complete the set, but is €30 too much?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It usually goes for a god bit more. It's also supposedly the best in the series.

Alright guys i have abit of a confession to make , I have been trolling on numerous occansions to get a rise or laugh.

I dont actually think super metroid is over rated , i actually love the game though couldnt beat it cause of that stupid ridley :mad:

I also dont think sonic adventure is better than mario 64 , actually stated in the past that mario 64 is the superior game in every way and it deserves the critical acclaim it deserves. alot of it is based on preference and also the fact i never gave mario 64 the proper go , but watching a pro player do some of the **** i saw on youtube , its clear the level design in mario is flawless.

I do not think sonic lost world will be better than mario galaxy, It would actually be impossible for any team To top the galaxy games.

I dont dislike the mario kart games , i actually quite enjoyed mario kart 7 on the 3ds.

Thought i clear things up before my image on this site end up like the guys over on deviant art :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I gave up on adverts a long time ago :(

But the odd time I still take a look and see if there's anything worthwhile but usually never is. Ah **** like that just ruined it, people being money hungry and just general dickhead behaviour

But every time I ever met anyone for a sale person to person I always had the necessary "tools" to totally **** them up! Just what goes with the territory of meeting strangers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Hey, is Paper Mario for the GC worth €30?
    My son is just about finished it on the Wii and clipping along with the 3DS title, I have the N64 game that he's yet to start, thought I might complete the set, but is €30 too much?
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It usually goes for a god bit more. It's also supposedly the best in the series.

Thousand Year Door? Yeah it's a fabulous game. Also with the added bonus of being able to play it with the greatest controller ever made (/broken record). :cool:
    But every time I ever met anyone for a sale person to person I always had the necessary "tools" to totally **** them up!

Let me guess, you have a picture of cosplay-retr0 in your pocket to scare the mofo out of them! :P

I usually just loaded Atavan up on captain morgans and put him in a cage in my boot and poked him with a stick for a while......come to think of it, a lot of people just gave me the money/goods and ran away screaming

Edit: Fecking swear filter :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

HOLY SHAZBOT, NEW SHADOW OF THE BEAST FOR PS4!

Finally a console capable of providing the graphical power of running the Amiga's flagship title!

I wonder how many layers of parallax scrolling it will have... going to be tough to beat the Amiga's 12!

DinoRex wrote: »
    Finally a console capable of providing the graphical power of running the Amiga's flagship title!

I wonder how many layers of parallax scrolling it will have... going to be tough to beat the Amiga's 12!

I heard rumours of 24....but thats just silly, no machine is capable of that sheer power!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

safetyboy wrote: »

That guy in Thailand has been selling them on ebay for the last year.
    The consoles are Asian PAL and most of the MD games are the Asian versions apart from a few Jap versions. http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/getdomain/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Someone on adverts had one of the consoles up for crazy money recently.

I heard rumours of 24....but thats just silly, no machine is capable of that sheer power!
    I just hope that the final boss will be a giant foot and hand with club that you can kill by clipping his toenail, as before.

http://youtu.be/uiAUZe_kL_Y?t=25m15s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Spent an hour or two jamming on GTA: London tonight. I've got to had, I had an absolute blast with it.

Isn't it a bugger when you know when you walk into work in the morning, it's going to be a clusterf**k of epic proportions, and that's before anything else happens?
    That's the day I have to look forward to tomorrow :(
    Better make sure the handhelds are charged, in case I need to bleed some pressure off with Hotline Miami, just as well you can't create custom maps...

Remember to breathe, and keep the violence for the video games!

Apparantly the auditor walked into work yesterday so all the managers will be in a flap today. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Very tempted to pick up one of those Pal Asian Megadrives...

Would it be worth sticking them in a wardrobe for a few years to allow them to accrue value?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I read somewhere they are a lighter quality build than your normal MD.
    I was tempted myself but I've seen mixed reviews about the quality of the packaging he posts them in.
    Someone got one packed in a tight cardboard box surround, if you get me. So it wouldn't take much abuse.
    I haven't read the listing for ages but I think he'll pack them better if you pay a bit extra for postage.

There is a unboxing video on youtube... Actually I think he has linked to it on the actual listing last time I looked. I'm on my phone so I can't check .

Don't they also output 50hz?

Got auditor woes here as well.... what a horrible line of work that is to get into...

Also, have I ever shown you guys the pizza place in Coolock Village?

UUN2IPKm.jpg

That's a very rotund mario! My local chipper is called mario bros. pizza, using an image of mario too.

• Advertisement

Very good pizzas in there actually. Although my father's ex girlfriend from 60 years ago works there.

Very good pizzas in there actually. Although my father's ex girlfriend from 60 years ago works there.

Is it totes awks every time you go in?

Yeah my local does really nice pizza too.

I also got my new visa debit card today. Serious damage will be done on eBay now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

I also got my new visa debit card today. Serious damage will be done on eBay now :(

I need to be removed from eBay right this second...

Hey, Atavans "I can get you pregnant" ad is gone but I have a, frankly, surprised older gentleman advertising Alzheimer's, why? Is it on sale or something? I can't seem to remember myself.....

I've decided that I'm going to restart a bunch of games that I sunk lots of time into in the past but never actually beat. First up is Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation.

deathrider wrote: »
    I've decided that I'm going to restart a bunch of games that I sunk lots of time into in the past but never actually beat. First up is Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation.
    Well, don't go for any games from the Atari 2600. Most of those never end.

Well, don't go for any games from the Atari 2600. Most of those never end.

True. I have the games the games in mind that I'm going to takle. Pretty much stuff from the PS1 and PS2 era.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Last time I played an original Tomb Raider game (10 years ago, I'd estimate) it was already awkwardly outdated. I'm sure the pixel perfect jumping mechanics have only matured with age ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement