Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

o1s1n wrote: »
    Disney Planes: Fire & Rescue Nov 4, 2014
    Dat movie ... Why do planes and trucks drink coffee?
    Its not as bad as Freebirds though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

That was suppose to be came not am :p

But yeah while i have not seen the 2014 version I know by default its like saying dmc devil may cry is better than 1,3 and 4 which is wrong all way round

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,652 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's such a terrible update.
    Everything that made RoboCop a great SciFi movie was jettisoned and, no, I can't talk about it anymore, it was just wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

You have to remember just has big the Wii userbase is. The Skylanders and dancing games are not the most graphically challenging titles, so a Wii version is probably not much work and there's surely a big enough market out there of people who can't afford or have no interest in a more modern console.

I find it hilarious, though, that FIFA 15 got a Wii version... But no Wii U version :pac:

discussing video games in a video game forum?

BANNED!

;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,652 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

discussing video games in a video game forum?

BANNED!

;)

Hmm
    We should probably move on from the movie discussion, now that the facts have been established that Spiderman movies only have a hope of being decent when they don't have "Amazing" in the title and the prequel Star Wars are ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I really enjoy the Arrow and Flash tv shows.

But they make both of the characters sort of creepbags... Barry Allen is totally into and stalkerish to a girl who was essentially raised as his sister. And Oliver Queens seems to need to hook up with every other woman around him... I think his sister is the only one he hasn't tried it with yet.

DinoRex wrote: »
    I really enjoy the Arrow and Flash tv shows.

But they make both of the characters sort of creepbags... Barry Allen is totally into and stalkerish to a girl who was essentially raised as his sister. And Oliver Queens seems to need to hook up with every other woman around him... I think his sister is the only one he hasn't tried it with yet.

Well, she is his half sister, that's just a parental revelation away from legal shag city.
    Otherwise know as Dundrum.... ;)

Who else is coming along to Pixels concert tomorrow?

http://www.thesugarclub.com/listings/event/teada-orchestra-presents-pixels

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Forget Frozen dolls - it's looking like the Gamecube adapter for Wii U is the rarest item this Christmas!

Amazed how hard it is to find - I didn't pre-order as I thought it would have just been a case of strolling down to a shop and getting one. It's a niche Wii U peripheral, after all. What naivety! Asked in my local Gamestop today - it's lack of availability has driven me to Gamestop!!! - and they said 'I'm not exaggerating - you're maybe the 500th person to ask since the weekend'. They're probably exaggerating, but still.

On the plus side, I'm happy that there's finally recognition that the GC is indeed The Greatest Controller (C).

They had lots on Friday in my local Gamestop but I was hoping to get the bundle with the game as they wanted bloody €95 for them separately.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

€95 for the adapter?! Apparently the bundle was only €75 in GS, but nowhere in town had any left on Friday.

The actual Smash Bros controllers do seem to be knocking around though, they had plenty down in Smyths Bray today.

For the adapter and the game. Gamestop charge stupid prices for WiiU games... I picked it up for €50 in Smyths instead.

Amazon have a pretty good price on it with the Amiibo at the moment:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Super-Smash-amiibo-Character-Nintendo/dp/B00O9QW4N2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1417454634&sr=8-4&keywords=smash+bros

Ah fair enough. I bought it in Smyths too. Have yet to see the adapter even available anywhere yet though. They were charging like €35 then? Madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Saw a great ad on Reddit:

cfYy0dV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Just got home from the hospital to deal with a chest problem I've been having. Turns out doctors couldn't find anything wrong with my heart and assumed that it's more than likely a muscle problem in the region. And thank god for that, as I was bored stiff in the waiting room where the only thing to read was the Mirror, while sitting on the most uncomfortable seats you can imagine...and the whole ordeal took 6 hours of waiting before I could leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Thargor wrote: »
    Saw a great ad on Reddit:

That's the page of original art from Comic Art Fans. I've been trying to get the seller to sell it to me. No chance of that happening now if it's on reddit :(

edit - I don't think anyone has made him aware yet, better try one more time :D

Master of the Universe

Haha, wow, check this out.

In that Parcel Motel survey I gave out stink that they would receive parcels that have your name on them with no PMID and just not contact you.

Just got this email!

Dear Oisin
    We are contacting you because we have received a parcel with your name but without a PMID.

If you are expecting a parcel, please click here to email a Customer Service agent with a detailed description of the contents so that we can send it out to you without further delay.

If you are not expecting anything, please ignore this email.

Thanks!

The Parcel Motel Team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Haha, wow, check this out.

In that Parcel Motel survey I gave out stink that they would receive parcels that have your name on them with no PMID and just not contact you.

Just got this email!

Dear Oisin
    We are contacting you because we have received a parcel with your name but without a PMID.

If you are expecting a parcel, please click here to email a Customer Service agent with a detailed description of the contents so that we can send it out to you without further delay.

If you are not expecting anything, please ignore this email.

Thanks!

The Parcel Motel Team.

They lost my kickstarter reward for that arcade artwork book. It was a framed printed marquee :(

To be fair to the guy, he shipped me another one today to my work address so he's not all bad :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Speaking of Kickstarters, still waiting on that Megadrive book. Supposedly he posted a second copy last week, will have to send him another email unless it turns up in the morning. The book might be great but the delivery service is sh1te (for me atleast). :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Speaking of Kickstarters, still waiting on that Megadrive book. Supposedly he posted a second copy last week, will have to send him another email unless it turns up in the morning. The book might be great but the delivery service is sh1te (for me atleast). :rolleyes:

I didnt back it on kickstarter but did buy it 2 weeks ago on the website.
    Fantastically put together book i think. It arrived in a big blue bag from Sweden which was weird, but was also packed in a box and bubble wrap and book corner protectors inside the bag. Well packed for sure :)

Steve SI wrote: »
    I didnt back it on kickstarter but did buy it 2 weeks ago on the website.
    Fantastically put together book i think. It arrived in a big blue bag from Sweden which was weird, but was also packed in a box and bubble wrap and book corner protectors inside the bag. Well packed for sure :)

Jack Burton mentioned Sweden too. Bit strange considering they're coming from the UK (I assume). He's being a bit sneaky if I'm honest not saying when it was dispatched - like he's hoping the original one turns up before he gets too many emails from me and actually does send out a second copy. No Parcel Motel involved either. :pac:

Master of the Universe

Any of you guys pick up Ultimate NES Remix for the 3DS? I see it's after getting a physical release!

Any of you guys pick up Ultimate NES Remix for the 3DS? I see it's after getting a physical release!

I'm going to alright, any of the clips I saw of it looked great fun. Probably get it from Amazon, £25 last time I looked.

/Edit: On second thoughts I'll wait and check out some more reviews. A quick gawk on Metacritic isn't too favourable so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Steve SI wrote: »
    They lost my kickstarter reward for that arcade artwork book. It was a framed printed marquee :(

To be fair to the guy, he shipped me another one today to my work address so he's not all bad :)

Did they definitely loose it?
    I still haven't gotten mine either:(
    A lot of people haven't received yet and he posted some excuse about not labelling the boxes with a return address on them and the post office not sending them out.
    Creator Tim Nicholls 4 days ago
    Well, this is embarrassing.
    I just went to see the lovely lady in my local Post Office who takes care of all my shipments, to ask her if she has any idea why some of the boxes are taking so long to arrive.
    She does.
    It turns out that the last batch I left her with had no return address labels on them and she can't/won't send anything 'Signed For' without it. She didn't have any contact info for me so she's been waiting for me to go back in and do the return address labels so she can send out the final 13 boxes I dropped off.
    All done now.
    Yours very red-faced,
    Tim

New physical MegaDrive release for the person who has everything: http://desert.cinemaware.com/index.htm

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

That's some dreadful boxart!

Blow up doll down the corner and everything

packshot.jpg

Master of the Universe

I was looking into maybe picking up a 3DS XL this month and was about to pull the trigger on one (gorgeous US Gamestop exclusive Persona Q 3DS XL), and then remembered the new model coming out!

So it looks like Australia will be getting the new 3DS before it's given a proper 'western' release.

Might be an opportunity for us PAL heads to nab one early.

Might be an opportunity for us PAL heads to nab one early.

Im not your pal, buddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

• Advertisement

Seems I should give out more about stuff taking ages to deliver, that Megadrive book showed up this morning. Looks lovely. Jack, I see your name is directly after mine at the back of the book. :pac:

Is tere anything on the new 3DS XL model besides "Its coming"?

Anyone sponsored the spectrum vega?

Controllers
    20141126063018-ZX_Vega_Controller2.jpg?1417012218

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Just downloaded a game for the first time on the 3DS. How behind the times am I? Ha.

Never registered my 3DS XL on Club Nintendo last year. Just registered the console code and a copy of Sapphire. A message popped up straight away when I registered them saying I was eligible for the promotion. I don't know what they were on about with the "sign in to your account after 24 hours" stuff. Ended up picking A Link Between Worlds.

Copy/paste the code or screen shot it though if any of you are doing it. Still haven't gotten the email with the code.

Master of the Universe

Anyone sponsored the spectrum vega?
    ]

First I've heard of that. Sounds really interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Seems I should give out more about stuff taking ages to deliver, that Megadrive book showed up this morning. Looks lovely. Jack, I see your name is directly after mine at the back of the book. :pac:

Haha good things come in pairs!

Mostly because my second copy of the book arrived today, the replacement one for the first that was lost.

This one even cam with a glue stain on the cover that I removed but can still be seen a little :pac:

So now I'm left with 2 copies of the book

First I've heard of that. Sounds really interesting.

I think it might have only been announced today

Master of the Universe

Hah! No way :D Jack_SI

How much are they each?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

So the 3DS XL is being discontinued in Japan anyway. Not sure why they don't discontinue the original 3DS and just have the new one as most people seem to be opting for the XL.

http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2014/12/01/nintendo-3ds-xl-discontinued-in-japan

• Advertisement

I wonder if the Wii U will survive to enjoy such hardware revisions as the 3DS has enjoyed?
    Realistically, will the Wii U simply be replaced by 2016/17 with different more competitive hardware?
    I can ask these questions here in the relative quiet of the A&R forum, rather than the troll infested waters elsewhere....

Is this
    GameCube-Adapter-Wii-U-614x239.png

the informed games players equivalent of this
    15373649?wid=410&hei=410

This Christmas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Is this
    GameCube-Adapter-Wii-U-614x239.png

the informed games players equivalent of this
    15373649?wid=410&hei=410

This Christmas?

Certainly looks that way. The adaptor went from £17 on Amazon up to £30+ in the space of a half an hour. The bundle was £45ish. Now it's £99.99.

Nothing new there though. A Yu-Gi-Oh DVD I bought last year on Play for under €4 was €90 last month. Amazon had it for £30.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

DinoRex wrote: »

The lads from HG101 are raving about this game. They say it's absolutely amazing and feels like a 16-bit Treasure/Konami game. There's loads of great boses and the different character play very different from one another. I bought it ages ago but yet to try it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Just a heads up, probably more woes ahead.

" Dear Edward,
    As you are registered for the Parcel Motel at Texaco Lucan we wanted to let you know that we are currently experiencing some congestion at this location due to the large volumes of parcels arriving during the Christmas shopping season. "

New motel near at Tescos Celbridge anyways i guess so ill switch just in case.
    Least they emailed.

I switched to the new parcel motel based in the Pavilion in swords but, now, realise my folly given how mental the place is to get in and out of so, I'm switching back to the petrol station based one.

The fecking Kirby Amiibo seems hard to get as well.

Did you see a Samus Amiibo went for $2500 because it had two arm cannons?

Lol I think I have a whole Parcel Motel unit to myself in Bray, never heard of congestion on them before, had to run home through a dodgy estate at midnight the other night with a new OnePlusOne shoved down my pants.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Thargor wrote: »
    Lol I think I have a whole Parcel Motel unit to myself in Bray, never heard of congestion on them before, had to run home through a dodgy estate at midnight the other night with a new OnePlusOne shoved down my pants.

They will probably get rid of the motel and use an "in store service" that's what they did in athy and it's terrible. Garage is only open 7 to 11 so no deliverys during the night, items are marked "in transit" on the website on a Friday and don't arrive in the garage until Monday night!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement