Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,889 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thought that was a N64 on top of a DD drive then realised it was a 3DO :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Thought that was a N64 on top of a DD drive then realised it was a 3DO :)

'Steve SI Style', though I think he's gone onto greener pastures & bought a DD?

Still routing scarts, svideo cables, rf cables & power supply cables here. There's in or around twenty consoles including expansions, it's an absolute nightmare. The attic is like a sauna to boot :( Almost there though, though I did mix up my Snes & N64 rgb cables & now I don't know which is which! Argh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I just had a nostalgiagasm from those pictures. Nothing to do with the retro consoles but that Sonic poster... just had a blast from the past.

I'm pretty sure I either got that with my original (long gone) MD2 bundle back in the day or my copy of Sonic 2 that came with it.

I had that poster on my wall for years.

Where does one reacquire such a pristine print of said poster?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

EnterNow wrote: »
    'Steve SI Style', though I think he's gone onto greener pastures & bought a DD?

Still routing scarts, svideo cables, rf cables & power supply cables here. There's in or around twenty consoles including expansions, it's an absolute nightmare. The attic is like a sauna to boot :( Almost there though, though I did mix up my Snes & N64 rgb cables & now I don't know which is which! Argh!

RGB Scart switchers and cable trunking are your friend in this situation. Might be costly but you're better off trying to stick with one standard (I find) cable for consoles so that you can just daisy chain a few switchers together, RGB Scart being what I use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Sometimes you'll get lucky and pick up a copy of Sonic which still has the poster inside.

I love it too - also had it on my bedroom wall for years and years. Had a Super Monaco GP one up beside it too. Think that came with my Megadrive.

Poster with this cheap Sonic 2. Looks to be in good condition, just been folder up in the box for years

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SONIC-2-with-RARE-POSTER-SEGA-MEGA-DRIVE-GAME-PAL-/321170453260?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item4ac740330c

• Advertisement

Achilles wrote: »
    I just had a nostalgiagasm from those pictures. Nothing to do with the retro consoles but that Sonic poster... just had a blast from the past.

I'm pretty sure I either got that with my original (long gone) MD2 bundle back in the day or my copy of Sonic 2 that came with it.

I had that poster on my wall for years.

Where does one reacquire such a pristine print of said poster?

I had a similar bout of nostaliaism for that poster, so went on a hunt for it. Where did the hunt eventually lead me to? Inideals of course! That's how I discovered the shop & eventually got our boards 20% discount :)

http://www.infideals.net/infideals/prod_243803-SONIC-THE-HEDGEHOG-CATALOGUE-POSTER.html
    Achilles wrote: »
    RGB Scart switchers and cable trunking are your friend in this situation. Might be costly but you're better off trying to stick with one standard (I find) cable for consoles so that you can just daisy chain a few switchers together, RGB Scart being what I use.

Yeah I have two Madcatz rgb switchers, I'm thinking I'll only use one though now & leave the scart heads handy. Then I've the gigabit router to fit, network all the modern consoles, & then find a place for the pc!

Master of the Universe

Actually, Enterdude, now that you're stuck in LCD land, have you consider an SLG? Not sure if you've seen one in person, but it's really a good solution.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Actually, Enterdude, now that you're stuck in LCD land, have you consider an SLG? Not sure if you've seen one in person, but it's really a good solution.

Yeah definitely a consideration, expect some noob SLG questions/threads any moment :D

Master of the Universe

:D

I was going to go on about scalers and sync strikes, but it looks like arcade forge have something far neater now..nice price too.

http://arcadeforge.net/Scaler-and-Strike-Devices/SLG-SCART::43.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

So HMV are going to open up concessions in xtra vision stores. Interesting.....

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/business/hmv-announce-xtra-vision-plans-605226.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

So HMV are going to open up concessions in xtra vision stores. Interesting.....

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/business/hmv-announce-xtra-vision-plans-605226.html
    *sees Ennis on list* YES! Hopefully, this means a wider range of BD's for me to buy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

:D

nice price too.

Nice price on that but where are they getting 25 euro plus shipping for a snes rgb from, dreamer of the year material there.

All done routing all the cables. Jesus I'm getting too old for this lark

I have it on good authority, that tonight's retronunlim live will be one to watch. 10pm - http://www.youtube.com/retrounlimlive/

Master of the Universe

We're sure you'll enjoy tonight's special guests. :)

Now this has me curious :)

Now this has me curious :)

Bob may have just given it away ;)

Master of the Universe

:eek: NO WAY!

OMG! Is it live yet?

OMG! Is it live yet?

Doesn't seem to be live yet for me, the vid title says 10pm though?

Master of the Universe

Nothing here yet either. I'm waiting for the result back from the Government in the UK about the whole Syria thing - so if you can hold off lads for a few more min that'd be appreciated :D

• Advertisement

Doesn't seem to be live yet for me, the vid title says 10pm though?

Well it is only 10.08 :P

Master of the Universe

Fairly sure the lads are all on the edge of their seats watching Sky News too :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Um, so what is it? Or who (other than Bob)? :confused:

/Edit: Ok there it is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

This live thing is interesting, i'm new to it but who was the special guest? :)

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Anyway, this live thing is interesting, i'm new to it but who was the special guest? :)

Dr. Bob, from here!

Master of the Universe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Well I just broke the L shaped clip plastic off my Sata drive while changing it with another to get Data of it on my PC.

Lovely job, It's my 2 TB drive with all my games on it as well....lesson learnt to not mess with sh1t after a few jars, it seems they don't like being connected at angles with one eye open:)
    Anyone do this before?,I've changed manya drive and this a first time i've managed to do this with my sausage fingers.. glue or soldering Sata wire direct to pins is all I can think off.
    Unfortunately I'm crap at soldering :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Dr. Bob, from here!
    I'm a regular! ;)
    Jay from gamechasers was the guest!
    internet hamsters knocked us off..I was about to ask him about the cdi honest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Sweet Donkey Kong cab:

igUgOZhm.jpg

So I left the Gamechasers/Retrounlim stream when it got knocked offline, did it go back online or stay down? Jay seemed pretty cool I must say,

So I left the Gamechasers/Retrounlim stream when it got knocked offline, did it go back online or stay down? Jay seemed pretty cool I must say,

What happened was Harry Yak , who was hosting was knocked off the internet , so the yt stream went dead ..but we were still talking away for a bit.by the time we got it going again he (Jay) had to go. Hes a really cool guy. He mentioned he'd come on again though. Cheers to all the A and R guys that were watching btw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Damn, I missed this. Fair play Dr. Bob get it sorted :)

Damn, I missed this. Fair play Dr. Bob get it sorted :)

The link should still work ( as an archive)..jay is about an hour in btw..

Was Billy meant to have been there too Bob, or just Jay?

• Advertisement

Curse you, Capra Demon!

cnUnt9q.gif

Dr Bob wrote: »
    What happened was Harry Yak , who was hosting was knocked off the internet , so the yt stream went dead ..but we were still talking away for a bit.by the time we got it going again he (Jay) had to go. Hes a really cool guy. He mentioned he'd come on again though. Cheers to all the A and R guys that were watching btw!

Yeah he seemed fairly sound! I went to bed after the stream went dead so glad I didn't miss much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

DinoRex wrote: »
    Curse you, Capra Demon!

cnUnt9q.gif

Proper LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

ordered etrian odyssey 4 today , now to wait till millennium girl reaches european shores :(

Watching the weeaboo's most favourite movie, The Last Samurai.

• Advertisement

Well, lookie what we have here, Retro.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=665893

Well, lookie what we have here, Retro.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=665893

Retr0 just imploded.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,889 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I agree with a poster there, he just misspelled Grandia because so much wrong cannot exist in a forum post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Retr0 just imploded.

In fairness they seem to care more about spellings than the actual game.
    The best comment for me was

"Fook the haters, LoD is generic as all hell but somehow still one of the most charming Japanese RPGs of all time.

It's everything anime and 90s JRPG encapsulated into one nice package.

Played it back in like 2007, still held up just fine."

I say sh1t is sh1t, doesen't matter when you play it, it still plays like sh1t.

I agree with a poster there, he just misspelled Grandia because so much wrong cannot exist in a forum post.
    Ahhh. I see that Clone Retro is going nicely, seeing how they took out all the imploding rage he gets whenever Dragoon is mentioned. Rest in Piece, Old Retro.

I'm all out of LoD rage since the last LoD explosion. My rage batteries are on recharge.

I'm all out of LoD rage since the last LoD explosion. My rage batteries are on recharge.
    Good. Then you won't mind berating you for preferring CDi Zelda over Dragoon.

I hope everyone is picking up Etrian Odyssey IV this weekend. Apparently it's selling out very quickly.

Got Steamworld Dig on the 3DS yesterday... It's really addictive.

Master of the Universe

I've been really reluctant to go anywhere near the 3DS store after hearing about Gateway 3DS. Want to keep my firmware version as low as possible.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement