Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    Lost all interest in that show when I read about the scripting & fake customers etc. My own fault for believing there was much, if any, reality in reality tv shows.

Was the same feeling I got when I found out WWF was scripted. :(

Don't bother with any of those shows at all anymore. Once you know they're scripted they're broken for life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I don't watch those "reality" shows

The worst is storage hunters where every storage unit always contains a super rare item worth $10,000,000

Never bothered with that, or any of the others. They're profoundly fake, scripted & set up. I just can't bear to watch them knowing they're fake, what's the point? Any surprise, excitement, anticipation etc all goes out the window when you know the scenarios are not actually real.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Had a comment deleted on Adverts. I was pointing the messing around.
    An offer was refused for Donkey Kong Jet Race and was refused.
    The seller then said they'd take 7 for it.
    I popped in an offer of 8, the asking.
    I was then informed a deal was done with the previous guy.
    Not happy I reported the behaviour and made a comment about it, nothing crude, and our was removed.
    Bugger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

alot of shenanigans on adverts recently, had a seller selling a load of rare games (can't remember exactly which console) for €6 each, some pr*** offers €12 each which the newbie seller accepts, and the mods pull the ad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I'm back from a week holidays and a weekend of straight into work. Finished at 1 today though and I'm off tomorrow.

I can safely say that knowing I have 2 Breaking Bads to watch tonight got me though it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I'm amazed at sheer amount of time wasters.

Think about 3 times now on my keyboard I've had people say they'll take it and can meet me today and when I respond I never hear from them again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

0uYRUuL.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The worst is storage hunters where every storage unit always contains a super rare item worth $10,000,000

The show's stars admitted that all the good stuff are plants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

560511_10151824055071100_1850312830_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Did anyone play Gone Home yet?

http://thefullbrightcompany.com/gonehome/

Looks kind of interesting, I love anything 80's and 90's pop culturaly so I'd like to give it a go

I don't think it's actually set in the 90s, it's just set in Portland which is essentially the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'm having a conversation on twitter in Japanese with celery. How does that even happen?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

DinoRex wrote: »
    I don't think it's actually set in the 90s, it's just set in Portland which is essentially the same thing.
    Great. Now you made me want to move there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Looks kind of interesting, I love anything 80's and 90's pop culturaly so I'd like to give it a go

Yeah it is excellent. Another of the surprisingly fascinating 'walking around' simulators where all the interesting things in game storytelling seem to be taking place (Proteus, Dear Esther etc..., although there's more exploration and clicking stuff in Gone Home). Clever subversion of familiar mechanics. Well worth a go.

@nerdkiller1991 The dream of the 90s is alive in Portland, Portland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I'm having a conversation on twitter in Japanese with celery. How does that even happen?!

Strangely enough I'm not surprised by that fact at all, not even in the slightest. Not coming from you anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

if it offers to turn you into a magical girl don't do it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sera wrote: »
    if it offers to turn you into a magical girl don't do it!

**** you Kyubey!

I started playing Gunhound EX today on the PSP. Holy crap is this game amazing. It's like a super charged version of Cybernator/Assault Suit Leynos. Seriously, get on to playasia and buy this game as soon as possible it's amazing!

Master of the Universe

How does the difficulty level hold up against Assault Suit Valken/Leynos 2?

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    How does the difficulty level hold up against Assault Suit Valken/Leynos 2?

It depends. So far it's not too bad but I'm using continues. If you don't use continues, which are infinite and restart you back at a checkpoint with full health, then you'll get a huge amount of challenge out of it. I died a good few times on bosses,they would have been tougher without continues and no checkpoint just before them. I got to stage 3 which was giving me trouble before I had to get off my train.

Seems like it is short enough, bit no shorter than a 16-bit game.

It's very like cybernator, you have a punch move, your machinegun has to reload and when you destroy the bigger machines you can see the pilots run away (and you can gun them down if you are cruel). The 2D sprite work is some of the best I've ever seen, so much attention to detail like the bullet casings and debris acting differently in anti gravity and you can see the main gun spin down after firing.

Master of the Universe

Annoyed I didn't hang onto my PSP now, would love to play it. Perhaps an excuse to pick one up again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

I thought from the title that it was a horror game initially but when I heard a synopsis it actually seemed fairly interesting. Too much to play at the moment but I'll get round to it eventually.

About to board the plane, don't know if I'll have Internet over the next 10 days. Have a sneaky naggin for the plane journey.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

About to board the plane, don't know if I'll have Internet over the next 10 days. Have a sneaky naggin for the plane journey.

The place won't be the same without you!
    I'm sure you'll find some wifi somewhere, send us a card!

Didn't you just get back from holidays?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Imagine all the spell checkers he could afford without all the airfares!

Place is going to be quiet at the weekend without him!
    Who is going to go on a drunken rant now?
    Perhaps the night in Thomas st will prove a maker of familiar drunken embarrassment!

Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Place is going to be quiet at the weekend without him!
    Who is going to go on a drunken rant now?
    Perhaps the night in Thomas st will prove a maker of familiar drunken embarrassment!

I'm out for a few, so I better make a show of myself.

Afrgh! tits!fannoespokemon!

Smirnoff is thelifeblood

arcade machinesfor all!

Dontmake me assumemy ultimate form.

ah damn it, just not the same :(

I've arrive in Spain several hours ago. A man in pink shorts was shouting Spanish at me. This is costing me a. OMB because ducking 3 have no roaming in Spain. This is how much I love yis all because. In. Spring. My bill on yis. <3.

I've arrive in Spain several hours ago. A man in pink shorts was shouting Spanish at me. This is costing me a. OMB because ducking 3 have no roaming in Spain. This is how much I love yis all because. In. Spring. My bill on yis. <3.

• Advertisement

DinoRex wrote: »
    Didn't you just get back from holidays?

I did but now I'm going on moar holidays. Moderator pay Is the best.

Master of the Universe

Just got home man and read my above post on a laptop screen - absolutely mortified. Don't know how you do it :pac:

Enjoy the holliers!

o1s1n wrote: »
    Just got home man and read my above post on a laptop screen - absolutely mortified. Don't know how you do it :pac:
    Enjoy the holliers!

I'm in me bleedin on me alcoholliers.

I've sunk like 2 naggins of Morgan's. and I'll I'm in line for a. Manager soositi

I've sunk like 2 naggins of Morgan's. and I'll I'm in line for a. Manager soositi

Like wtf?!

Heyixxxxxxx

Heyixxxxxxx

Omg I look like a scalds count. Let me rectify this. why've I ament a a mod of. Arcade and retro. Enternow make male a mod of arcade and retro coz I'm mad soind an all

Or I will #ShowNipples.

A man called dick dropped me to the house. Enternow please make me mod of arcade an retro before I turn gay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Seriously, what the honest f**k?

• Advertisement

I'm do embarrassed. So scarlet on me alcoholloiers. Bleedin sowshul Kan kiss me hoop.

I'm do embarrassed. So scarlet on me alcoholloiers. Bleedin sowshul Kan kiss me hoop.
    Somehow, I wonder how you became a mod in the first place.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

There's no Aravan-Halen like a drunk Aravan-Halen..;)

Hey( I love you.

Somehow, I wonder how you became a mod in the first place.

Coz I'm bleedin rapah.

Coz I'm bleedin rapah.
    So you're a rapper who cuts himself? I see the music execs are going after the long sought after Rap Goth demographic.

So,
    You want to be the Moderator on A&R for the following reasons....

1, You're rapid
    2, You don't want to be homosexual
    3, You're sound
    4, You're bleeding
    5, If not made a mod you'll show your nipples to all.

hmm....
    quite a compelling case there...

Re point 5
    Hasn't everyone already seen your nipples?
    Kinda undermines the impact a bit....

FYI for any nintendo fans. There's currently a SNES emulator for iOs in the App Store, looks like they snuck it under the radar, but it won't last long.

It reads and opens "files" you have in your Dropbox or FTP accounts. Price is less than a euro, and it works beautifully. Get it now before it's gone.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/remote-file-manager/id570412117?mt=8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Avatan you need to have a plugin installed on your browser that makes you do a captcha before allowing you to post on boards.ie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement