Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

how-drunk-are-you-yes.jpg

I think atavan should be his own meme, or at least the Irish ambassador for keeping it real

On another note, when I was on holidays a while ago one of my friends had his data on for a good chunk, chatting on msn or whatever kids do, and his bill came in at like 450-500 when we got home. So watch out atavan, you might have to start selling your blood and semen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

t7fGYd4.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Oh God, Atavan has taken Retro's place as an internet meme sensation. Where's that meme thread again? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

There are some brilliant sales going on psn right now

Ys games are a fiver each
    Zone of the enders collection is 8 quid
    Megaman 9 and 10 are 4 quid each
    Vagrant story is 3 euros

I only had enough to buy corpse party for 4 euros

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I've been following this website for a few years now, Anyone else ever check it out. I know we have at least one, not naming names :), person who should enjoy this site

http://www.thedrunkenmoogle.com/

I'm not a huge drinker but I've made a few things off this and they turn out really nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I've got Megaman ZX here on DS. I gave it a spin a few times over the last year or two but never really managed to get into it. Is it worth giving some real time to? I've never really played any Megaman titles, so am I aiming in the wrong direction with this one?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Play Megaman 2, Megaman Legends or Megaman X. ZX is good but very flawed. The map system sucks and it's more a metroidvania game than classic megaman. ZX Advent was a big improvement.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Play Megaman 2, Megaman Legends or Megaman X. ZX is good but very flawed. The map system sucks and it's more a metroidvania game than classic megaman. ZX Advent was a big improvement.

That's pretty much why I put it down each time I tried it. Didn't have a damned clue where I was going. I do like metroidvania style games usually though... even though it's the worst name fore anything ever.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well lads looks like an chance of getting a bargain in Rage has dried up. They have a new guy working there that really knows his stuff. Hopefully it might mean the silly billy prices come down.

Hopefully it might mean the silly billy prices come down.

Doubtful, seems to be plenty out there who are willing to pay their prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Video game logic...

sonic-logic.jpg

(With the exception of the levels that are SET UNDERWATER...)

44 more of them here: http://www.bite.ca/bitedaily/2013/05/45-examples-video-game-logic/?utm_source=Bite+Evergreen&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Outbrain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Gave me a chuckle

GTA-logic.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

NEEEEEEEEKOOOOOOOOOOOOO COUSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIINNNNNN.... LEEEEEEEEET'S GO SEEE SOME TIITTTIEEEESSSSS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Oh the shame :'(

Oh well, got drunk, posted ****e on boards. You win some you lose some!

Oh the shame :'(

Oh well, got drunk, posted ****e on boards. You win some you lose some!

How's Dick?

What's the story with Terranigma, I know it never got a US release but are the UK versions of the game hard to find? Fair few German text ones on the bay...

EnterNow wrote: »
    What's the story with Terranigma, I know it never got a US release but are the UK versions of the game hard to find? Fair few German text ones on the bay...

Hard to find and expensive. You could look for australian copies as well. One good tip is to look for someone that doesn't know what language the car is, you can tell from the code on the front what language the cart is. They tend to go for less. The Australian cart is much easier to spot.

Master of the Universe

Learning German would be another option :pac:

you can tell from the code on the front what language the cart is

Enlighten me, what are the differences?

Master of the Universe

• Advertisement

Enlighten me, what are the differences?

I'll send you a pic on what to look out for when I get home.

I'll send you a pic on what to look out for when I get home.

Cheers, I really want the game now. Totally havn't a penny but I'll bump it to near the top of my wish list. Actually there's quite a few really really good games I want...I knew it was a very bad idea watching all the 16bit Gems episodes again :(

I played an hour or so of MEgaman ZX tonight to give it another try. After a bit of fighting, it gives you a mission where you must find four lads that are just hanging around the town. The fourth of which feckin' eludes me!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

here , if anyone fancies going on the retrounlim livestream right now ..head over to

http://www.youtube.com/user/retrounlimlive?feature=c4-overview&v=ijw6MhlbI6Q
    http://goo.gl/K5h8o9

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

...and now billy from gamechasers is on..

Here's the different PAL versions of Teranigma. Easiest to spot is the Aussie one:

terranigma-pal.jpg

Next is the UK English one:

terranigma.jpg

Notice on the right of the cart the two codes there. The german one is different, it says PAL Version and made in Japan in that place:1184597435-00.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Retros right about the label on it

Couldn't you buy a Jap or German one and mod it like you did with earthbound?

nuxxx wrote: »
    Retros right about the label on it

Couldn't you buy a Jap or German one and mod it like you did with earthbound?

Yep easily enough done, though I only ever done that with two games. Earthbound, because it's just in a price range I'll never pay for a game, & Clock Tower, because it never got a western localisation.

Terranigma, is probably within range of what I'd pay, so if I can possibly own the original, I'd prefer that

You can get it for 60 usually in an auction with postage. I couldn't get lower than that.

• Advertisement

You can get it for 60 usually in an auction with postage. I couldn't get lower than that.

Really? Jeez closest I could see last night was up around £100...

Dr Bob wrote: »
    ...and now billy from gamechasers is on..

Ah ya kept that one secret Robert :D Was it any good?

Master of the Universe

Who's up for a 'get an English Terranigma for sub €60 challenge?' :)

o1s1n wrote: »
    Who's up for a 'get an English Terranigma for sub €60 challenge?' :)

Absolutely, let's roll! Only two carts I can see in PAL UK on ebay.ie are €100+

You won't get it for that price on a buy it now. When I was having trouble finding the game most auctions ended around the 60 euro mark.

You won't get it for that price on a buy it now. When I was having trouble finding the game most auctions ended around the 60 euro mark.

Have you played it yet actually? Is it as good as is made out to be?

• Advertisement

Have you played it yet actually? Is it as good as is made out to be?

Yeah it's pretty great. Not the best in the pentology of Quintets heaven and earth series but still a superb game. You'll want the other games in the series though once you play it :) It's an interesting game and it and Illusion of Gaia are the first time I remember a JRPG getting pretentious long before FFVII made it fashionable.

Master of the Universe

It should be possible, timing is key. Don't be afraid to send people with BINs email offers ;) I know I do!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Atavan has been spotted on his holliers again... Apparently about to hit the town for the night!

monkey-in-a-dress.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Ok, I was doing a few mods as well as a paint job on my quad copter and have some nice gunmetal acrylic spray paint left.
    I have an urge to paint an old console with it. Which would be the least sinful to paint?
    It has a nice satin/matte finish to it and looks decent. I was thinking of doing something non rare like a DC or maybe a NES but just cant decide.

I know I'll eventually give in and just have at it but what should I definitely not paint?
    Please help :o

This is a close-up of the paint job to give you an idea as to how it might look on a plastic console.
    e4jk.jpg

Edit:
    Or should I just paint a 360 or Wii or something?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Nice looking paint - my first thought was a DC if you have to go retro. Otherwise the Wii might look good - sleek little gunmetal piece of kit sitting under your tv.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Nice looking paint - my first thought was a DC if you have to go retro. Otherwise the Wii might look good - sleek little gunmetal piece of kit sitting under your tv.

I might do a DC as I've quite a few of them. I've even got a faulty DC so maybe I'll have a bash at that and see how it looks.

I do like the finish and look of this paint. I was originally looking for matte black but the shop was all out. So I went for gunmetal and it really suites the quad-copter. I've gone for a two tone white/gunmetal look on the copter which looks nice in my opinion so I might see how the DC or Wii looks done in the same way.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Steve SI wrote: »
    I might do a DC as I've quite a few of them. I've even got a faulty DC so maybe I'll have a bash at that and see how it looks.

I do like the finish and look of this paint. I was originally looking for matte black but the shop was all out. So I went for gunmetal and it really suites the quad-copter. I've gone for a two tone white/gunmetal look on the copter which looks nice in my opinion so I might see how the DC or Wii looks done in the same way.

Cool stuff. OT but I saw a lovely BMW painted in gunmetal black down Bray seafront recently - must've cost a bomb but looked amazing. Actually, you know if you stick a few lights on the quad and fly it at night you'll have the UFO buffs going nuts. :P

Actually, can it fly at night? Stick an ole night vision camera on it or something. :)

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Cool stuff. OT but I saw a lovely BMW painted in gunmetal black down Bray seafront recently - must've cost a bomb but looked amazing. Actually, you know if you stick a few lights on the quad and fly it at night you'll have the UFO buffs going nuts. :P

Actually, can it fly at night? Stick an ole night vision camera on it or something. :)

Well, it certainly has enough lights on it as is :)
    I know a few people have added side LEDs and they look mental.

xe91.jpg
    That pic is before the paint job and I've flown it at night and it does look funky and like a UFO.

This is after the paint job:
    zf5n.jpg
    bfyu.jpg

Still have lots of mods and upgrades to do on it but so far I've got it to an alt of 1350 feet(once I upgrade the transmitter and receiver that'll improve a lot). The "GoPro Hero 3 Black" really gives a great picture for such a small camera. But it's night vision sucks.

Anyway, back on topic. I'll have a bash at the DC this weekend and see how it turns out.

I know I'll eventually give in and just have at it

Playing SOTN lately? :P

Playing SOTN lately? :P

Symphony of the Night?

I'm more lost than a blind man in a door knob factory :confused:

Symphony of the Night?

Isn't "Have at it!" the closing line to the "What is man..." speech :D

Symphony of the Night?

What is a man that knows not of Symphony of the Night?

A miserable pile of secrets!

Sort your life out and play it. Thank me later.

Ahh, I see.

Well I'll leave my A&R membership card on the desk and be on my way I think as I must admit I've not played it :o

Do it 'Steve Style' & play through it twice to atone

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement