Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I do enjoy a good midnight launch.

Clare Hall is just across the road from me now, so I'll probably pop over at midnight.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Dr Bob wrote: »
    My ps3 bit the dust last month ...and Rockstar hate PC..so its no GTAV for me for a while...:(

The Max Payne 3 Pc version was very impressive and a massive improvement on the console release. I'm pretty sure GTAV will be getting a x86 version for the PC and new consoles after christmas and it will be worth waiting for.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I'll probably wait till it's retro. :)

Not arsed with it myself. Might pick it up in a Steam sale some day and play 5 mins of it like the rest of them. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'm waiting to either get it on PC or on PS4 when I get one. (if they do an updated version)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

For everyone who's hasnt seen the latest Break Bad....Prepare yourselves!

Finished a half day at work myself so turned it on when I came home....I forgot to eat my lunch I was so into it!

• Advertisement

For everyone who's hasnt seen the latest Break Bad....Prepare yourselves!

Finished a half day at work myself so turned it on when I came home....I forgot to eat my lunch I was so into it!

Was incredible. Only two more episodes though, there's going to be a big void on tv when it's over. Not sure 'Better Call Saul' will fill the gap either. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'll be watching it this evening or tomorrow... Itching to see it after last weeks ending...

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Was incredible. Only two more episodes though, there's going to be a big void on tv when it's over. Not sure 'Better Call Saul' will fill the gap either. :(

It wont, I wouldn't imagine they will try to do have it match BB!

2 episodes left....my guess at what was going to happen looks to be turning out right :D
    Walt goes all scarface on todds uncles lab and all the lads there and ends to whole Heisenberg meth thing and then dies himself

Looks like my dad will owe me a lottery ticket!

It wont, I wouldn't imagine they will try to do have it match BB!

2 episodes left....my guess at what was going to happen looks to be turning out right :D
    Walt goes all scarface on todds uncles lab and all the lads there and ends to whole Heisenberg meth thing and then dies himself

Looks like my dad will owe me a lottery ticket!

Think you might be right.
    Have a feeling that the ricin will be his undoing, either by his own hand or Jesse's, after he's killed all the Nazis. I hope I'm wrong as I want Walt to live (he's lost his family now) and really hope Jesse get's it in the neck, little rat. :D Felt sorry for Walt realising that his family had finally turned against him, least he did the decent thing and lie to Skylar on the phone so she wouldn't be arrested (if Marie/Walt Jnr keep their gob's shut that is).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Haven't watched Breaking Bad at all, my poison has been Dexter, and I watched the penultimate episode this morning, pretty awesome, can't wait til next week.
    It's in complete contrast to Burn Notice, which finished the other day, they tried to change up the show for the final season and made a balls of it, ah well.
    Final season of Warehouse 13 next year too, then bye bye.
    The cop/robot show with Karl Urban starts soon, that looks nice, assuming it stays around

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Think you might be right.
    Have a feeling that the ricin will be his undoing, either by his own hand or Jesse's, after he's killed all the Nazis. I hope I'm wrong as I want Walt to live (he's lost his family now) and really hope Jesse get's it in the neck, little rat. :D Felt sorry for Walt realising that his family had finally turned against him, least he did the decent thing and lie to Skylar on the phone so she wouldn't be arrested (if Marie/Walt Jnr keep their gob's shut that is).

Yeah I forgot about that thing....It will have to be used before its over anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Don't know how it will cope with GTAV :confused:

45519_423440311093633_630933168_n.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Don't know how it will cope with GTAV :confused:

45519_423440311093633_630933168_n.png
    If the PolyStation 3 can handle it, it can too.

polystation_3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Seems like everyone is going gone a bit nuts about GTA5, including myself.
    When is the last time everyone went this mad over a game or hardware release.
    It's a bit cray cray, and da youf say

The housemate is heading down for it at midnight and it has been the talk amongst friends/classmates/everyone everywhere the last 2 weeks. I'm honestly scared ****less to say I'm not that interested in it. I haven't and probably never will ha ha

I'll get it eventually and play half of it till I get bored like Vice City, San Andreas, 4 and Red Dead Redemption.... something about the whole 'make your way across map, kill a group of badguys, watch cutscene, make your way to another point on the map' drives me bat **** crazy and bored at the same time :o

Dark Souls 2. THAT I can get excited about. Just hook it to my veins :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

It's alright, Dano, I'm completely lacking in f**ks to give too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Really not interested either. I don't really get whole GTA thing. I enjoy it but it's throw away entertainment.

That and I'm just too busy.

Dark Souls 2 will be a a day one game!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,755 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I am really looking forward to Dark Souls 2. And I can't wait for Everyone's Gone to the Rapture. And I greatly anticipate Disgaea D2. And I've been waiting years for the Witness. But I am also terribly excited about playing GTA V. Because no-one - not From Software, not Jonathan Blow, not anyone - makes interactive worlds quite like Rockstar do. Yes, I have many issues with the GTA series, but if - as it seems - many of the lessons of RDR, Bully and more have been learned, than it has the ability to be the first entry in the series that really and truly lives up to the bold promises its made since GTA III back in the day. I am not expecting a narrative masterpiece. I am not expecting particularly progressive characterisation or thematic depth. I am expecting a lot of driving from A to B. But I also am very optimistic that they will have created an extraordinary, vast world on a different level of scale and detail than anything we've seen in a video game before. And I can't wait to spend hours exploring it, much like I greatly anticipate exploring the gameplay depths Dark Souls II has to offer. Because they're not mutually exclusive, and frankly gaming is so much richer because we have both totally different, equally worthy experiences.

Also - Breaking Bad. Holy ****.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If the PolyStation 3 can handle it, it can too.

polystation_3.jpg

I'm sure they'll port it over to the two Chinese consoles, of course it'll be renamed GT@5 and it'll look like a Nes game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Really not interested either. I don't really get whole GTA thing.
    I'm usually one to say meh to the GTA games but sweet jesus does this look good:

:pac:

Just finished the latest Breaking Bad episode - somewhat shell shocked right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Apparently you shouldn't install the second disc for GTAV on Xbox. Just the made gory first disc or else you'll have video streaming issues.

• Advertisement

but if - as it seems - many of the lessons of RDR, Bully and more have been learned, than it has the ability to be the first entry in the series that really and truly lives up to the bold promises its made since GTA III back in the day.

I found the Rockstar studios that aren't Rockstar North make far better games that the GTA games such as RDR and Bully and Rockstar North doesn't really learn from them. Would be nice if they did for V. I'll probably get it if I don't get a job immediately after this course but I need to get an Apple dev license first, that's taking priority.

In other news just completed the final testing of the game I'm working on. Can't wait to see the back of it. Pity there's a heap of paper work to do as well so can't relax.

You'll see it on the news on the 25th.

I'm sure they'll port it over to the two Chinese consoles, of course it'll be renamed GT@5 and it'll look like a Nes game...

On the page where I found the picture somebody reckoned it was available with Black C**ks 2 but I thought it too risque to mention :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'm going to start queuing from about 10.30 tonight as I don't have a pre-order. I haven't been this hyped for a game since San Andreas or Pokémon Black & White.

I'm going to start queuing from about 10.30 tonight as I don't have a pre-order. I haven't been this hyped for a game since San Andreas or Pokémon Black & White.

Where are you getting it?

(the game that is)

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Where are you getting it?

HMV Dundrum, hopefully!

About 30-40 people queuing already in dundrum. Feckin praying I get a copy now.

Ehhh. I'll just wait until a PC release.

Ehhh. I'll just wait until a PC release.

Free pizza though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

I know im the worst for going off topic but would it be possible to not talk about BB on the thread.

Im a fair bit behind but im looking forward to catching up and i want to try avoid ruining it for myself.

• Advertisement

Free pizza though.
    Hey, this isn't like TMNT for the NES in the US.

Sparks43 wrote: »
    I know im the worst for going off topic but would it be possible to not talk about BB on the thread.

Im a fair bit behind but im looking forward to catching up and i want to try avoid ruining it for myself.

Stewie just sums up what I have to say. It only seems like in the past year and a half, people have been going crazy over it, for some reason.

@Sparks: To be fair Spolier tags are always used if something juicy is being said.

@NerdKiller: Maybe some folk were late to the party.

@Atavan: Fair play to your dedication. Now I'm hungry for pizza! :D

Hey, this isn't like TMNT for the NES in the US.

But, I like pizza.

About 120 people in the queue now. I'm about halfway in it.

Stuck at a train station waiting on the gardai to arrest a naked man running around the station. Must be disappointed he didn't per order gta5. Fecking gardai have to come from my home town 40 minutes away if they even bother because of all the station closures.

Stuck at a train station waiting on the gardai to arrest a naked man running around the station. Must be disappointed he didn't per order gta5. Fecking gardai have to come from my home town 40 minutes away if they even bother because of all the station closures.

It's legitimately not me this time!

Can they not just let the train go anyway?

• Advertisement

Stuck at a train station waiting on the gardai to arrest a naked man running around the station. Must be disappointed he didn't per order gta5.

No, he's naked, unless the deposit receipt is in his hand, tucked behind his scrotum or stuffed in his rectum he's unlikely to be able to collect his preordered copy.
    Plus, if even if it's the latter two and he has it, they may not want to touch it.

Had to stay in case the gob****e jumped in front of the train. Gardai and fire brigade have him now.

About 200 in the queue for HMV in dundrum and 150 or so for tesco.

Where on earth was this?

Balbriggin or one of the other stations?

PUDUBRV.png

• Advertisement

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Where on earth was this?

Balbriggin or one of the other stations?

Rush and Lusk station.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

gtavs opening scene was pretty eic to be fair. looks proper great too. Housemate is like a kid at christmas. :pac:

Danonino. wrote: »
    gtavs opening scene was pretty eic to be fair. looks proper great too. Housemate is like a kid at christmas. :pac:

Bring out the gif
    But the gifs asleep
    Well I guess you better go wake him up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I was hoping the "Toxic" Pibow case for the Raspberry Pi would have the same look as one of my favourite game cases (Burn:Cycle) so I ordered one up the other day. It arrived last night and its looks ok but not the same as Burn:Cycle at all :0(
    Why do i like the that gods damn case so much? The game is poo for sure but the case, I dunno, it tickles me in places :eek:

n62z.jpg

8v8s.jpg

As for GTAV, I think I'll wait for the PC version.

So, picked up GTA V in the last hour in Harvey Norman.
    No queue
    No fanfare
    No comment from the cashier

It might as well have been a kettle I was buying.

There really is something to said for game shops, midnight launches and the like.
    At least you get to enjoy the experience of buying something special with folk who can appreciate it.

or am I being weird?

So, picked up GTA V in the last hour in Harvey Norman.
    No queue
    No fanfare
    No comment from the cashier

It might as well have been a kettle I was buying.

There really is something to said for game shops, midnight launches and the like.
    At least you get to enjoy the experience of buying something special with folk who can appreciate it.

or am I being weird?
    Since when do gamers buy their games from Harvey Norman?

Might explain a lot.

I don't buy games there at all.
    In fact the last game I bought there was GTA4s collectors edition!
    And that's the point.
    No one buys games there so I figured, a couple of days ago, that no one will have bothered trying there for the collectors edition of the game, which was sold out everywhere.
    I was right!
    I only prebooked it on Friday and picked it up this morning.
    It'll probably be Red Dead Redemption 2 or GTA VI before I buy a game there again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Not sure if it's been mentioned here, but after the 360's mandatory GTA 8GB disc 1 install, do not install disc 2 to the HDD and just run it from the DVD instead.

Some awful pop in issues occurring from a complete HDD install.

Kind of annoying it's like that since it means you have to deal with the 360's turbine-esque DVD drive which also has the added bonus or making RROD failures more likely.

I think I'll wait and see what the digital foundry verdict is. I might even be tempted by the PS3 version.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement