Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Wll have to be the 360 version for me. My 60GB PS3 just doesn't have the space. Have a copy reserved at Argos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

In other non-GTAV related news, I busted the R button on my DS last night. I'm not a happy dude!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

deathrider wrote: »
    In other non-GTAV related news, I busted the R button on my DS last night. I'm not a happy dude!

Been there; it makes Tetris DS a bit of a funky experience. Major facepalm, mind, when it becomes apparent you can also use the 'L' button for the same function.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

PS3 it is then :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Been there; it makes Tetris DS a bit of a funky experience. Major facepalm, mind, when it becomes apparent you can also use the 'L' button for the same function.

It was the heavy artillery suit in Megaman ZX that was the final nail in the button's coffin. I was hammering it, trying to take down a boss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So, picked up GTA V in the last hour in Harvey Norman.
    No queue
    No fanfare
    No comment from the cashier

It might as well have been a kettle I was buying.

There really is something to said for game shops, midnight launches and the like.
    At least you get to enjoy the experience of buying something special with folk who can appreciate it.

or am I being weird?

You're right man, gameshop folk are usually enthusiastic about the stuff they sell and more often than not do have some comment (generally positive!) to pass about the product they are selling. When it’s launch day for a big title they’re probably just as excited about the new release as you so yes it is nice to be able to go to a shop where people have the same passion for gaming as ourselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Was playing it until 5am this morning and wow, seriously impressed. Everything in the game from switching to the different characters and starting missions is so fluid. No loading screens anymore. Story so far is very interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

"The victim is in stable condition in a North London hospital, and we hope somebody has taken him another copy of GTA V to cheer him up."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Some one got mugged. Happens everyday, doesn't matter what they took. I got mugged by two Gardai before and it never ended up in the news.

I'm worried that kids will play GTA5 and start seamlessly switching between 3 different perspectives.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Some one got mugged. Happens everyday, doesn't matter what they took. I got mugged by two Gardai before and it never ended up in the news.

I doubt the Gardai stole your copy of Galgun though :D

Got this down the Balbriggan market. Seems legit. Runs from cartridge so it has none of the streaming issues the consoles have.

tumblr_mt9811rHWo1qfwa93o1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Got this down the Balbriggan market. Seems legit. Runs from cartridge so it has none of the streaming issues the consoles have.

tumblr_mt9811rHWo1qfwa93o1_500.jpg
    Can it run at 50Hz, full speed?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

On the back of the learned opinions here, I just got off the phone with Harvey Normans and I'm going to be exchanging my 360 GTAV for the PS3 collectors edition.
    Mostly because of the noise issues from the drive and I want the console to last as long as possible!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I suppose this confirms that my past form, I am getting rid of something I just bought before I go out and get it again. Kinda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Go on, do tell :pac:

Not much of an interesting story. Myself and my brother where leaving a pub to go to another in town. Pretty drunk and singing stupid songs. Two Gardai decide to run after us so we ran, they caught up to me. Their excuse for chasing me down was that I ran so obviously did something wrong, they ran at us first. They took my wallet to 'see my ID'. Got it back and got it back with all the money taken out of it. Didn't have money to get home on the Nightlink.

I went to Pearse street to report them and the guy at the desk was having none of it, then the two Gardai just happened to walk in and it became all sorts of fun. A family friend of ours is in the Internal Affairs division and my parents called him and that made it even more of a cluster****.

Ended up dropping it in the end, it was the word of a drunken person against two Gardai. Arseholes. Very wary of the Gardai ever since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Not much of an interesting story. Myself and my brother where leaving a pub to go to another in town. Pretty drunk and singing stupid songs. Two Gardai decide to run after us so we ran, they caught up to me. Their excuse for chasing me down was that I ran so obviously did something wrong, they ran at us first. They took my wallet to 'see my ID'. Got it back and got it back with all the money taken out of it. Didn't have money to get home on the Nightlink.

I went to Pearse street to report them and the guy at the desk was having none of it, then the two Gardai just happened to walk in and it became all sorts of fun. A family friend of ours is in the Internal Affairs division and my parents called him and that made it even more of a cluster****.

Ended up dropping it in the end, it was the word of a drunken person against two Gardai. Arseholes. Very wary of the Gardai ever since.

I got robbed in a similar fashion by two Garda in Galway years back. I didn't mind so much as they got me home in the end where I fell asleep in a bin.

• Advertisement

Yeah I had a similar story from a few years ago in Limerick on a night out with college friends.

Except when I was there I was with 6 other lads and 3 Garda and things got heated.....and thats all I have to say about that one now

On the back of the learned opinions here, I just got off the phone with Harvey Normans and I'm going to be exchanging my 360 GTAV for the PS3 collectors edition.
    Mostly because of the noise issues from the drive and I want the console to last as long as possible!

Apparently if you install the second disc onto an external USB source it works fine.

DinoRex wrote: »
    Apparently if you install the second disc onto an external USB source it works fine.

Makes sense, the problem would be due to the Hard disk access times limiting read speed from the disk. It's like how copying two files to the same hard disk is about 20 times slower than doing it one at a time.

Shag that messing, the ps3 performance seems fine so I'll stick with that now.
    The only issue, and one the article Retr0 linked to didn't mention, is the improvement made playing with the superior 360 controller.
    Anyway, I'll hopefully get some time with the game tonight.
    I'll make a dent in it tomorrow when the lad is at school and I have the tv to myself.

Now to come up with a list of social situations where a man of my years can wear a Los Santos baseball cap, and not look like a complete tit. So far nothing springs to mind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Normally I like the 360 controller (other than the D-pad) But trying to play Dark Souls on the PC with the 360 controller is pretty horrible, triggers and shoulder buttons on the Dualshock 3 are so much nicer.

I have Demons Souls on the ps3 and Dark Souls on the 360, I never noticed the difference, gonna have to try it out now!

On a brighter note, the Mormons are advertising on Boards on my phone, so a little different to Atavan and his "I can get you pregnant" banner.

I find I have to adjust my entire grip on the controller to change from a heavy swing to a light swing.

Good times, before the tragedy of the updated series where Edna is a flat screen panel

• Advertisement

Jaws text adventure :)

http://toys.usvsth3m.com/jaws/

Woohoo,
    Must be the post of the day, if not the week
    o1s1n wrote: »
    There's no such thing as being too old to play videogames. It's just another form of entertainment.

It's like saying 'I'm too old to watch films' or 'I'm too young to read a book'

The topic is "Do You play computer Games"
    And it's in the After Hours forum
    link

Master of the Universe

Hah! Wow, glad to see so many people agreeing with that point.

If there's one attitude I really hate it's that videogames are a pass time for kids which you need to 'grow out of' at some point. Me arse!

Look like a lot of people falling over themselves to comment that they're too cool and don't play games at all as they're too busy pumping their quads or what have you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

One for the NES lovers, The Nebula of NES Games.
    http://popchartlab.com/products/the-nebula-of-nes-games
    P-NES_Print_Main_500x669_A_1024x1024.jpg?3244

I'll wait for the Famicom one, apparently it's printed at 60Hz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Woohoo,

link

But I am too young to read books. Unless they have bright pictures.

My mother is also of the mentality that games are for kids and doesn't see it as a form of entertainment. She thought It was mental that there was a midnight launch for a game.

I think the problem is that it's a relatively new medium compared to books and film. Sure heck books even got snobbery back in the day unless it was an serious tome of knowledge.

I'm sure that film had its detractors the well, in the early part of the century, people who watched films like the Nazi marches with legions of fascists in the thrall of the dictator Hitler and they too foolishly feared the effect it would have on the German people.... oh hold on a second

• Advertisement

If anbody wants to set fire to a bunch of Fifa games like something from Fahrenheit 451 far be it from me to stop them.

The reward tiers are fairly crappy if you ask me, all in game stuff and digital things. It's just my opinion but I do like some swag to have if im backing something on kickstarter. Posters and stuff like that

My mother is also of the mentality that games are for kids and doesn't see it as a form of entertainment. She thought It was mental that there was a midnight launch for a game.

Tell her retr0gamer said there's jobs in it!

Monkeykube wrote: »
    If anbody wants to set fire to a bunch of Fifa games like something from Fahrenheit 451 far be it from me to stop them.

Didn't that guy end up liking what he burnt, too risky if you ask me.

No, this would be the directors cut. He'd burn even more and throw on some copies of Madden NFL for good measure.

• Advertisement

tumblr_mt9f4yi2eM1rl7sfmo1_400.gif

Master of the Universe

Woohoo,

link

That's odd, if you go to post of the day it's by someone in 'cool vids and pic links' but if you click it, it brings you to my post :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Hiroshi Yamauchi dead at 85 :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroshi_Yamauchi

Master of the Universe

Awh! I guess 85 is a good run :)

Doesn't he have absolutely loads of Nintendo shares? I wonder who the beneficiary is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/09/19/bayonetta-to-be-made-into-an-anime-movie-by-sega-called-bayonetta-bloody-fate/

After signing up index corporation sega are now making a bayonetta anime movie ... **** YA :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement