Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,755 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Was in the Pompidou Centre in Paris over the weekend and they have giant ceiling Pong!

b989xv.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    A Japanese publisher is already one step ahead of you :pac:

vrjuc.jpg

I'm buying it and bringing it to the next beers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Don't expect anyone to have a go once you're finished.
    I can't see them selling on ebay pre-owned either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm buying it and bringing it to the next beers.

You can borrow my "Deluxe" edition if you like ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just tried out Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the WiiU via the new Gamepad function.
    It's pretty nice screen looks great.
    I'd say it's a good reason to install the homebrew channel so you can play emus from there straight on the screen.
    Only thing is it feels odd having to use the Wiimote so close to the screen.
    But I'm sure controller pro pad games will be just fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Oooooh! I hadn't even considered reinstalling the homebrew channel since my bricking disaster.

Homebrew and emulators on the Gamepad...

Interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Not game related, but I got this in the post this morning... :D

$(KGrHqRHJFUFHz(K)r0pBSCmNGh7Wg~~60_57.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Not game related, but I got this in the post this morning... :D

$(KGrHqRHJFUFHz(K)r0pBSCmNGh7Wg~~60_57.JPG[IMG][/img]

it's very Anamanaguchi

Back to the Future 2, McFlys hat in 2015 I think.
    Michael-J-Fox-in-Back-to-001.jpg

That's it Cidey!
    Mixing BTTF and BTTF 2 in my halloween costume... :pac:
    (Mostly because I don't fancy having to shell out for one of the replica BTTF2 jackets!!!)

• Advertisement

Perhaps Sera could help with the jacket, but a red baseball jacket with the arms dyed grey and the other elements glued on would do it.
    Same with a pair of white hightop sneakers and some clever use of glue.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Perhaps Sera could help with the jacket, but a red baseball jacket with the arms dyed grey and the other elements glued on would do it.
    Same with a pair of white hightop sneakers and some clever use of glue.
    I could if Damo wants.
    Baseball jackets are still fashion, I've seen pleather sleeved jackets for women like the one in the picture but not for men (I haven't looked)

I've already got myself a red (well, burgundy) body warmer, red tshirt, a blue-white checked shirt and grey high tops that I'm going to paint... So I'll essentially be 1985 Marty with the 2015 cap and trainers :D

Awesome of you to offer though Sera! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'm sure it's just me, but the ability to play Wii games on the Wii U pad but still requiring the wiimote seems utterly pointless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

EnterNow wrote: »
    I'm sure it's just me, but the ability to play Wii games on the Wii U pad but still requiring the wiimote seems utterly pointless.

Yeah would that not be the same as just playing the wii on a tiny tv? You can't hold the game pad as you need to be holding the wiimote and nunchuck so it's going to be on a table or something.

Yeah would that not be the same as just playing the wii on a tiny tv? You can't hold the game pad as you need to be holding the wiimote and nunchuck so it's going to be on a table or something.

Exactly, you'd have to squint at the Wii U pad while its in its cradle as you use the wiimote separately. I really don't see the point

Exactly, you'd have to squint at the Wii U pad while its in its cradle as you use the wiimote separately. I really don't see the point

Maybe it's just a case of "look at all these features, buy this product!" :P

Sera wrote: »
    I could if Damo wants.
    Baseball jackets are still fashion, I've seen pleather sleeved jackets for women like the one in the picture but not for men (I haven't looked)

They have baseball jackets in penneys for guys at the moment. I got one recently (not for a costume but for general wear) and I think they're €11. Also spotted them in forever 21.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Yeah. Seems a lot of things I need to bring with me when I'm taking a sh*t and want to play Zack and Wiki.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I think it's more to do with TV availability.

The moment I saw the screen on the WiiU controller streaming content from the console, I automatically thought it was meant for kids to continue playing games when Mam and Dad come in and take over the TV.

So there's no real point in doing this when you have access to a TV - but if little Johnny wants to continue playing Super Mario Galaxy while Mam watches her stories he can sit the controller on the cradle and away he goes :)

• Advertisement

I think it's more to do with TV availability.

This. It's for those that want to be able to play the Wii games on the Wii U pad as they don't always have access to a telly. Banjo in the Nintendo forum is the main example for me, as he has to pretty much play all his games off-screen, through the pad. So this means he has access to the Wii catalogue now too.

DinoRex I've just patented a new idea... U Wiipe...

It'd be of more use if, in games that use the Wii Pro controller, you could use the controls on the Gamepad itself, then it'd be pretty nice, otherwise the WiiU is next to the TV anyway, plugged in via HDMI, it's only if someone is watching, or playing another console on the TV, that I would use the Gamepad.

That said.
    If this was transferable to GC games via the VC, as it must be, you could be playing Majoras Mask on the gamepad quite happily, via the Wii Menu, and hopefully via the WiiU menu when N64 games are, inevitably, released.

Master of the Universe

You need to put yourself in a child's shoes, I'm pretty sure that's what Nintendo do.

Ciderdude is the man of the house. Nobody will tell him he can't use his TV.

Bit different when you're a 6 year old kid and you want to play a videogame but your dad also wants to watch the footie :D

My Megadrive was always paused once the Six One news came on :(

Ciderdude is the man of the house. Nobody will tell him he can't use his TV.

Yeah, no one except the woman of the house or the child of the house :(

Yeah, no one except the woman of the house or the child of the house :(

And also one of the dogs, but not the new dog.

This. It's for those that want to be able to play the Wii games on the Wii U pad as they don't always have access to a telly. Banjo in the Nintendo forum is the main example for me, as he has to pretty much play all his games off-screen, through the pad. So this means he has access to the Wii catalogue now too.

In a situation like that though, & the tv is in such high demand, it seems to me that the Wii U is just in the wrong room. Surely even an aul 17" lcd portable tv in a bedroom is a better option than squinting at the 6/7" handheld screen.

Master of the Universe

In a situation like that though, & the tv is in such high demand, it seems to me that the Wii U is just in the wrong room. Surely even an aul 17" lcd portable tv in a bedroom is a better option than squinting at the 6/7" handheld screen.

La de dah, mr multiple televisions. I take it you have a rocket car and a solid gold house to go with that? :pac:

Good point, although what if it's the dad's WiiU, he wants to keep it under the big tv but at the same time let junior play games while he watches the news.

Not saying it's major issue in every household (bit of a first world problem tbh!)- but I can see what Nintendo were thinking.

La de dah, mr multiple televisions. I take it you have a rocket car and a solid gold house to go with that? :pac:

Says he with a pantry and gold wallpaper :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Xenoblade on the jacks. The quickest way to get gangrene in your legs.

• Advertisement

But you'll need to have the WiiU in range of the Gamepad, unless you can hack the radio to give it extra oomph.

And Picross is the quickest way to get gangrene in the legs, playing in the jacks makes you forget you need blood circulating in the legs, rather than pooling as you try to figure which block goes where.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Xenoblade on the jacks. The quickest way to get gangrene in your legs.

Deep vein thrombosis all the way.

Who needs off-screen play for that?

tumblr_l7oh6r4NfH1qdoghio1_500.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

new episode of south park 1702 has minecraft in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

R.I.P. Tom Clancy, a great author with a massive influence on the FPS genre

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/author-tom-clancy-dies-aged-66-29629232.html

• Advertisement

Tango down. :(

Playing quality 90s choonz in the club and 2 cocktails for a fiver.

Sher what more could ya want?

R.I.P. Tom Clancy, a great author with a massive influence on the FPS genre

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/author-tom-clancy-dies-aged-66-29629232.html

I never liked his books, nor his brand of politics tbh.
    Found the games to be, for me, fairly irrelevant too.
    I think the only one I enjoyed wad the first Ghist Recon, HAWKS was muck.

**** Tom Clancy I. Drunk

I never liked his books, nor his brand of politics tbh.
    Found the games to be, for me, fairly irrelevant too.
    I think the only one I enjoyed wad the first Ghist Recon, HAWKS was muck.

His Net Force series of books weren't that bad. Kinda like The Matrix before that was a thing.

• Advertisement

Did you know? That when I order pizza from dominos my name comes up as batman bin superman. But this time I specified it as big papa.

I LOVE IT WHRN YOU CALL ME BOG PAPAHHH

Hashtag what ?

Actually Miley Cyrus is fantastic. So what if she wants to be butt nekkid

*Snip*

Edit: If you want to post inappropriate nonsense Boards.ie has an After hours Forum. LoGiE

La da di da di, we like to party

Dancing with Miley,

Doing whatever we want,

This is our house,

This is our rules,

And we can't stop,

And we won't stop.

Can't you see it's we who own the night?

My glob Hannah Montana, why did you go all Lohan on us?
    Was it just to supply Atavan-Halen with whacking off material?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Oh god! I think I have a new sig quote! Thank you good sir!

Actually Miley and Atavan's twitter timelines are pretty indistinguishable when he's on one of his binges.

Avatan I meant to say, I found the perfect app for your phone:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ragedigital.webroot.sobrietytest&hl=en

Pfft, I regret nothing! Except ordering 4 cocktails at a time last night because it was 2 for a fiver.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement