Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Pfft, I regret nothing! Except ordering 4 cocktails at a time last night because it was 2 for a fiver.

'Grown up' Atavan will most definitely cringe when he reads back through these posts :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

o1s1n wrote: »
    'Grown up' Atavan will most definitely cringe when he reads back through these posts :pac:

There is no grown up me :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

In fairness I kinda want to know where this place was with the two cocktails for a fiver. I bet they were weak as feck though.

I do love the odd cocktail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

It has to be the Vintage Cocktail Club for me. Pricey, but you're paying for quality.

Master of the Universe

DinoRex wrote: »
    It has to be the Vintage Cocktail Club for me. Pricey, but you're paying for quality.

Tempted to go in there and order a Sex on the Beach /trollface

I'd love to try it out but when I drink cocktails I tend to buy a lot of them so it's probably a bad idea.

I'd probably end up like this :pac:

dangersofaddiction_thumb.png?w=640&h=240

The Liquor Rooms are really nice as well, and it's a good deal easier to get in to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

The VCC is nice, new cocktail menu is decent but they do overcharge for what you get. The cocktails are nice, but it's the food that is really good and not advertised enough.

Edit:
    The only downside to the VCC is that you can get a large percentage of douchebags in there. But the more cocktails you drink the less you care :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There is no grown up me :P

Atavan now
    peterpan_118182159_std.gif

Atavan later....
    C_67_article_2034046_body_articleblock_0_bodyimage-4167446.jpg

Started playing the Flashback remake last night.

Not quite as terrible as I expected. Gameplaywise it's a reasonable update on the original games controls. Wish ducking was a bit easier though.

The original is one of my all time favourite games. Really frustrating how much hand holding the remake does. There also seems to be an unnecessary love interest thrown in now to rescue because saving the planet from alien invasion isn't motivation enough apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was in HMV and CEX today, on one of my rare ventures into town, not a thing of interest :(

Still, on a brighter note my young fella made a start on Dragon Quest 8, plagued the first 40mins and really enjoyed it, here's to the next 50 hours!

Apologies for the drunken posts and sorry if I caused offence to anyone.

I'll refrain from posting drunk in future!

Master of the Universe

The only person you offend with your drunken posts are future, respectable Atavan.

The rest of us find it hilarious :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Still, on a brighter note my young fella made a start on Dragon Quest 8, plagued the first 40mins and really enjoyed it, here's to the next 50 hours!

It's an amazing game other than the dhoulmagus fight halfway through. Grinding 5 levels to get past him was the only time I needed to grind in that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Programming can go and suck my Rockfords

Stupid bloody java

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sparks43 wrote: »

Stupid bloody java

Java sucks. Code with Lua. It's super easy scripting but can control C languages underneath so it's super nippy :P Just remember that tables aren't arrays and so stupid things if you don't deep copy values from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

STARFOX running on a Sega Mega Drive, I sh*t you not!!!

Obviously its not the full game, you cant shoot as well as other limitations but it's very impressive!

Here it is running on an overclocked mega drive:

Yeah that was posted here a while ago, looks impressive.
    One would wonder what Nintendo could have done with MD hardware, if they had made games for it, in some weird parallel dimension.

Welcome home Atavan, thought you had ****ed off to Jamma+ for a while there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Close to the next evolution of pokemon with x and y I sat back reflecting my first time playing a pokemon game with red version back in 99 I believe . My cousin father bought me a copy when they went on holidays as surprised as I was and when I first popped it in my gameboy being 9 years old at the time I was blown away.

The lot of us lived on the same street and still do and both of us and our friends were mad into the tv show when it was on anime aswell as collecting the mega boxes from smyths for the cards and trading off cards to other people.

Pokemon was like crack cocaine and I am not surprised at all that its just as big now as before. Ive played them all bar the ds ones that came out since I was late to the party , only one I got was Soul Silver and still waiting for the right time to get black and white.

Nintendo bringing out the Origins Anime few days ago I have yet to watch but That is just oozing with Nostalgia when I get around to watch it later today perhaps. Screw Ash, Red is the true pokemon master :pac:

I'm enjoying Windwaker HD.

Not sure if it's easier somehow or if I'm just having an easier time as I played 10 years ago, I just remember certain sections giving me a lot of trouble all those years ago that seem to be a cake walk now.

Some of the horrible Skyward Sword controls have sneaked in unfortunately. Luckily you can turn off the gyroscope controls in first person. The camera pretty much always faces the wrong way when you pop into first person mode though, just like in Skyward Sword, I should get the first person view of the direction that Link is facing in, not the direction the camera is facing in. Made the 2nd boss very frustrating as you have to be very fast with the boomerang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Is there a way of simply disgarding magic in FFVIII? I've been hogging magic left right and center, not realising that I had a limited number of storage slots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I'll refrain from posting drunk in future!
    I don't believe you somehow...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I didnt realise that the new Mortal Kombat legacy videos had started. Going to give them a watch now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydfGuagKcYM

I didnt realise that the new Mortal Kombat legacy videos had started. Going to give them a watch now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydfGuagKcYM

I've been re-watching the first season lately to get me in the mood for the second one. Honestly, I couldn't really remember what happened, since season 1 came out so long ago. I thought it was cool that they posted all of the new ones up on the same day though.

Seasons? Since when have we started talking in American now? Are you just gonna leave the "u" out of colour now and say "could care less" instead of "couldn't care less"?

Seasons? Since when have we started talking in American now? Are you just gonna leave the "u" out of colour now and say "could care less" instead of "couldn't care less"?

Now now,
    Lets not make things personal.
    If Atavan can post something so garbled that it has no vowels I'm sure we can build a bridge and get over the use of words like "season" instead of "series".
    Move along

My apoligies. From now on I'll refer to them as Serieseseseseseseseseses.

Master of the Universe

Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Serieseseseseses.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Stupid bloody java
    Python's a slightly more gentle language to pick up if you have an option, it borrows a lot of syntax from Java as well..

deathrider wrote: »
    Is there a way of simply disgarding magic in FFVIII? I've been hogging magic left right and center, not realising that I had a limited number of storage slots.

You can always draw more magic but using magic and summons is the wrong way to play ffviii. Just draw a tonne of magic and junction it to your stats and you'll breeze through the game. Also prioritise learning the stat percentage skills gf's have and you'll get stat +1 skills which will make you an absolute monster.

• Advertisement

My 360, Wii and PS3 collections have been given their marching orders from the living room!
    Now I have to find space for their prodigious number in the games room.
    Easier said than done I think.
    I might have to build in some new shelving, thanks to the pitched roof this may be a challenge.
    Bugger!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Amazing Spiderman was a terrible movie and its sequel isn't looking to be much better.

http://badassdigest.com/2012/07/06/film-crit-hulk-smash-the-amazing-spider-man-has-99-problems-but-an-uncle-be/

They've already got the writers working on the 3rd one, the release date fixed as well!
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2250912/

They've already got the writers working on the 3rd one, the release date fixed as well!
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2250912/
    Well, if there's one thing positive I have to say about the second one, it's this...at least it's being shot on film. Even if it is at the expense of a native 3D presentation that the first movie had. But that's beside the point. My expectations remain low, and judging from what I've heard so far, I can only expect worse.

Back playing Ninja Gaiden 2 on the 360, forgot how much fun it is. Takes a while ot get used to since you can't rely on defense like you could in the first game,you have to be really aggressive.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Back playing Ninja Gaiden 2 on the 360, forgot how much fun it is. Takes a while ot get used to since you can't rely on defense like you could in the first game,you have to be really aggressive.

Where is the series better, the 360 or ps3?

Where is the series better, the 360 or ps3?

It's unfortunately not an easy one to answer. Both have exclusive sections, graphically both excel in different areas and in terms of gameplay they are quite different. If you found the first game too hard then go for the PS3 version. There's less enemies on screen at one time. Some people prefer that since NG2 can get frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

EnterNow is Enter no longer. I guess the beers no show law will have to be changed to the Rule of Myrddin...

It's unfortunately not an easy one to answer. Both have exclusive sections, graphically both excel in different areas and in terms of gameplay they are quite different. If you found the first game too hard then go for the PS3 version. There's less enemies on screen at one time. Some people prefer that since NG2 can get frustrating.

I may have them on both formats, must dig them out.
    Once I've cleared everything else.
    So that'll be sometime in 2060 or so.
    Bugger

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Myrddin wrote: »
    EnterNow is Enter no longer. I guess the beers no show law will have to be changed to the Rule of Myrddin...

And the banhammer doth become Excalibur!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Myrddin? Can't you pick something that you can actually pronounce? :P

Myrddin? Can't you pick something that you can actually pronounce? :P

Oh I can pronounce it just fine, as for anyone else, it's their problem :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

<3 SitS

Oh I can pronounce it just fine, as for anyone else, it's their problem :P

So that's you out of the F1 comp so.

Can't combine scores of 2 usernames :)

• Advertisement

So that's you out of the F1 comp so.

Can't combine scores of 2 usernames :)

Get the feck I'm the same user :D Btw you'd a dreadful outing this race, what gives??

Get the feck I'm the same user :D Btw you'd a dreadful outing this race, what gives??

Had to happen eventually took a few chances to try and extend the lead.

Still up for grabs with only 15 between us
    Lotus done me in though not crashing into each other:p

Had to happen eventually took a few chances to try and extend the lead.

Still up for grabs with only 15 between us
    Lotus done me in though not crashing into each other:p

Yeah it's very close at the top, bloody thing is more exciting that half the recent races :P

I can't pronounce that new name, but it looks like Martin. So I'm going to call you Martin. :P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement