Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well in the case of Mario 3 the levels are designed with marios moveset and physics in mind. When you add marios physics and moveset from DS which are totally different I'm sure it becomes a lesser game.

Also the graphics suck compared to the NES game :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

is it possible to want to play a game so bad for its soundtrack ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

is it possible to want to play a game so bad for its soundtrack ?

Yes, that's why Retr0 loves Burn Cycle
    Actually, we have enough never heard of his like/dislike of LoD's soundtrack, is it as pitiful as the rest of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Viewing two houses in Bray tomorrow. One has a long extension on the side, the other has two sitting rooms and (even better) a huge unfinished concrete shed down the back of the garden - just needs to be roofed and insulated.

Both exceed mancave basic requirements :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nearly got screwed there on Adverts.ie.
    I was looking for a 3DS XL and one came up for 150, offered 130 and it was accepted.
    I was in Swords anyway and decided to do the bank transfer there, while in the queue I got a call from Adverts saying the guy/gal is a scam artist.
    Talk about a close shave!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Nearly got screwed there on Adverts.ie.
    I was looking for a 3DS XL and one came up for 150, offered 130 and it was accepted.
    I was in Swords anyway and decided to do the bank transfer there, while in the queue I got a call from Adverts saying the guy/gal is a scam artist.
    Talk about a close shave!

Fair play to them :)

how did they get your number?

urbanledge wrote: »
    how did they get your number?

Isn't part of the sign up process a text verification? I think it is anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Thank feck for that! Fair play to the adverts team for letting you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

What was their Adverts user name Ciderman?

Master of the Universe

That's brilliant! Dodged a bullet there Ciderdude.

Great to hear a good Adverts story for once :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Just loaded up a game on my Commodore 64 using my Sega Multi Mega. I was bored and thought it time to test out a new CD Audio interface I got for the C64. Was looking around for a CD player to test it out and couldn't find one, then i remembered the Sega CD :)

Monkeykube wrote: »
    What was their Adverts user name Ciderman?

Adel-h was the username but they've been banned, apparently again.
    I got very lucky and have the lads at Adverts Towers to thank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Adel-h was the username but they've been banned, apparently again.
    I got very lucky and have the lads at Adverts Towers to thank

That's really low, fair play to Adverts for getting on to you. That's all you would have needed, at least with ebay you have your buyer protection for what it's worth. I wouldn't have thought of scammers operating in bank transfers on Adverts, you learn something new every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I'm always weary of bank transfers with people, I'd always insist on cash or paypal myself. Paypal have protection and I usually bring my copper pipe for cash meet ups haha

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

There's no way in hell I'd do a bank transfer with someone I've never met before. Just asking for trouble.

Then again, to do a bank transfer you needed the person's real name and bank account number.

Bit of a silly thing to do if you're a scammer? Odd situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

All the wonder and choice on xbmc and guess what im watching?

Sliders

6 episodes in a row so far.

Food and Drink then back to my room to watch the rest of season 1

Master of the Universe

I rewatched the first couple of episodes there on Netflix recently enough. Loved it when it came out, but god, just couldn't do it. It's dreadful :D

Just ordered my Halloween costume aswell

Pig mask, varsity jacket and some fake blood! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

You sure you're not gonna cut yourself above some telekinetic schoolgirl near breaking point?

• Advertisement

You sure you're not gonna cut yourself above some telekinetic schoolgirl near breaking point?

No way man! Prom is so lame!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Was playing away on the 3DSLL and went to the home menu to find 4 gifts. Opened them up and found out that the Japanese 3DS supports RecoChoku which seems to be a spotify type music streaming service, some quiz thing in which I seem to win eggs, hulu for TV and librica which is like a manga/comic book app. Thought it was interesting that the 3DS is capable of those kind of apps!

I thought it was a Hotline Miami cos play there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Ha ha Rooster Mask and Varsity Jacket ready to go here :D

My young fella wants to be Brian from Minecraft, so I just need some cardboard boxes and poster paints.
    I'm getting some Kabuki make up, or so I'm told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I might do B.B. Hood for Halloween (just need the hood and basket) but don't have anywhere to go, maybe for Dino's beers? lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'm going as Mega Man for sure this year.

long johns died in wash grey/blue

blue y-fronts

Blue Wellies

hurling helmet

and some sort of contraption for the cannon

get the missus to go as Dr Wily and we're sorted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Has anyone played Alpaca Evolution on the iPAd/iPhone? It's on android as well and is free. There's a sequel as well.

To say anything about the game will spoil it but if you have the hardware you really need to try this game, it's bonkers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

o1s1n wrote: »
    I rewatched the first couple of episodes there on Netflix recently enough. Loved it when it came out, but god, just couldn't do it. It's dreadful :D

Anything after halfway through Season 3 never happened...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Has anyone played Alpaca Evolution on the iPAd/iPhone? It's on android as well and is free. There's a sequel as well.

To say anything about the game will spoil it but if you have the hardware you really need to try this game, it's bonkers.

Cant be as mental as "Badass vs Hipsters" on the OUYA!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Anybody know of a game for PS2 that is like geometry wars?

That's a great question, can't think of one at the moment though!
    I'll have to take a look at the collection at home and I'll let you know.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Thanks I would appreciate that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I picked up Taito Legends II on PS2 the other day, and I'm just giving it a spin here now. This is great fun. It's got tons of old games that I've never played before.

deathrider wrote: »
    I picked up Taito Legends II on PS2 the other day, and I'm just giving it a spin here now. This is great fun. It's got tons of old games that I've never played before.

Those collections are some of the most, frankly, generous in the gaming world.
    They are streets ahead of the Midway/Williams, Atari and Capcom retro collections.

Those collections are some of the most, frankly, generous in the gaming world.
    They are streets ahead of the Midway/Williams, Atari and Capcom retro collections.

There is cerntainly a lot on titles on the disc. I'm playing through one at the moment (which I didn't catche the name of) where I'm a cute little monk, lobbing balls at demons. Great craic!

this is why i love watching happyconsolegamer

so much joy :L

Sorting out a few things on the laptop here, and Girlfriendo is play Sonic 2 on the Megadrive beside me. Is it just me, or has that game got the funkiest soundtrack ever?!

In other news, Metal Black seems like great fun!

• Advertisement

deathrider wrote: »
    Sorting out a few things on the laptop here, and Girlfriendo is play Sonic 2 on the Megadrive beside me. Is it just me, or has that game got the funkiest soundtrack ever?!

In other news, Metal Black seems like great fun!

Damn Right it does :D

That's actually the level that was being played while I was typing that post. Pure unadulterated funk.

Absolutely class soundtracks to Sonic 1 & 2

i love the boss theme too. Deadly stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Myrddin wrote: »
    What? No love for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Sonic music just doesnt sound right anymore unless it's being sung in acapella by Smooth McGroove

• Advertisement

It was a sad day today in the OwaynOTT house, as I had to delete all my Saturn related saved searches. :(

In other news what the hell is up with people buying retro games? I just sold Bomberman for €60 to a guy who gave me an offer of over twice what I had up on the listing. Up at €25 for 3 days, no bids and only 2 watchers and he does that. I found at least two other listings for less than that and one in even better condition than mine and I was not even looking for Bomberman, just came across them looking for other stuff.
    It's gone mad.

did he ask for it to be sent to his sick cousin, aka The Prince of Nigeria?

did he ask for it to be sent to his sick cousin, aka The Prince of Nigeria?

yeah, you deal with him before?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    yeah, you deal with him before?

yeah, his name was George something, think it started with an A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Myrddin wrote: »
    Not much of a fan of Sonic 3 or Sonic and Knuckles soundtracks? I couldn't say which of the 4 games was the best music wise (S&K3 is my favourite to play) just thought they would have been mentioned.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement