Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

So I just saw that a CEX is opening down here in Waterford, should I be excited or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

very good for ps2/original xbox, some rarities can turn up alot cheaper than fleabay prices.

Ah good, hopefully a few little gems might turn up for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Ah good, hopefully a few little gems might turn up for me

Not if you offer 3.50 and half a bag of soggy tayto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Dilemma! Naked Gun or Big Trouble in Little China? Could only be worse if Groundhog Day was also on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Dilemma! Naked Gun or Big Trouble in Little China? Could only be worse if Groundhog Day was also on.
    Go with the one you haven't seen in the longest time that's how I pick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Big Trouble all the way dude

Naked Gun started first, so it all ready has throw about 50 gags at me so wins out.
    ' 50/50 chance of living but there's only a 10% chance of that'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

The RGB modded Jap 3DO FZ1 I ordered arrived today. Couple of issues, they sent the wrong RGB cable (NeoGeo instead of 3DO) so it looks a bit yellow and the sound is crappy so they are posting the correct one tomorrow. Also, the cd drive is a bit knackered and wont play most discs (original and backups).
    I'd say it spent a lot of time playing cdr's so the laser is on the way out from the extra work.

So, having some spare parts laying around I swapped in a nice PAL UK CD drive from a known working 3DO and happy days its playing original games (PAL and NTSC) as well as backups :)
    Everything looks nice and sharp but the colours are way off as its the wrong cable. So I just need to swap in a UK PAL PSU and I have the best possible 3DO with 100 percent game compatibility.

Now, if only I could move my save games over from my original 3DO to this one that would be great as I still have my high scores(and both my brothers) from when we had the console first in 1995.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Myrddin wrote: »
    Big Trouble all the way dude

I don't know, Naked Gun is pretty brilliant.
    Rewatched Police Squad with my son the other week and he was creased up laughing.
    I sense good things in his future, involving water towers, tesco car parks and a high powered rifle.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

So I just saw that a CEX is opening down here in Waterford, should I be excited or not?

Do CEX do Gamecube games? that would be excellent, they'd be the only place in town that would buy them, might mean the last few I'm missing appear at some point :)

You have the cheek to ask such a question in my presence!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I don't think I have to voice my opinion on the top game.
    Is Dune 2 in there?
    Or Thunderforce IV?
    Oh, I see it's there, the latter anyway.
    But Dune 2 is a classic.
    I'd have liked to see Test Drive and Virtua Racing included too.
    Whatever about the merits of the improved SoR2, putting the original and Golden Axe in there is appalling!
    Why not stuff Pit Fighter and Rise of the Robots in there too! (sorry Steve!)
    Ah now, lumping Golden Axe and SoR2 in with Pit Fighter is just wrong!!!
    Danonino. wrote: »
    Do CEX do Gamecube games? that would be excellent, they'd be the only place in town that would buy them, might mean the last few I'm missing appear at some point :)
    They do indeed, but trying to find anything decent/rare at a decent price can be tricky. I remember spotting the GC version of LoZ: Twilight Princess in the Derry CEX a few years back, and it was around £50 if I remember right.
    There'll probably be plenty of copies of Enter The Matrix and Sharks Tale though.

http://ie.webuy.com/product.php?mode=buy&catid=667

Mario Sunshine for a tenner, €7 for Resi 1, €12 for Mario Party 4
    not too bad imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

but trying to find anything decent/rare at a decent price can be tricky. I remember spotting the GC version of LoZ: Twilight Princess in the Derry CEX a few years back, and it was around £50 if I remember right.
    There'll probably be plenty of copies of Enter The Matrix and Sharks Tale though.

Definitely! They had MGS3 Subsistence on the shelf there and I nearly had a heart attack with excitement. Then saw they'd clearly priced it from ebay :(

http://ie.webuy.com/product.php?mode=buy&catid=667

Mario Sunshine for a tenner, €7 for Resi 1, €12 for Mario Party 4
    not too bad imo

See they have Geist up there for €6 as well. Haven't played that in years. Think I'd traded mine in years ago! Or loaned it to someone. I much preferred the somewhat similar "Second Sight" back in the day, but I've found it very difficult to play when I tried it again recently.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

See they have Geist up there for €6 as well. Haven't played that in years. Think I'd traded mine in years ago! Or loaned it to someone. I much preferred the somewhat similar "Second Sight" back in the day, but I've found it very difficult to play when I tried it again recently.

It's bizarre, I bought it last year and gave up when my character possessed a bin.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's a bizarre game. Great puzzle sections, awful combat. I do like how your vision changes depending on what you possess.

You have the cheek to ask such a question in my presence!

Reflexes gettin' slow there Jack

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's a bizarre game. Great puzzle sections, awful combat. I do like how your vision changes depending on what you possess.

Yeah, who wouldn't want to engage in combat as a fixed position bin, forget Oculous Rift, bin possession is where it's at.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah, who wouldn't want to engage in combat as a fixed position bin, forget Oculous Rift, bin possession is where it's at.

Wasn't possessing the bin for scaring the soldiers, you scared them enough then you could possess them? I really liked that part of the game. Especially possessing the dog :)

Possessing the rats was also pretty good. And probably why when I'm playing any game that there's rats in, I almost always try to kill them too...

Possessing the rats was also pretty good. And probably why when I'm playing any game that there's rats in, I almost always try to kill them too...

brings back memories of the first Fallout game on PC

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRv6VaDLDRpSYM16L0kZTKqWANPbbr8QCZYAatiT0h4xey0nKZ1PA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Einstein+on+Pokemon.+Not+OC+Subscribe+for+more_963923_4230590.jpg

I liked Second Sight a lot though, wasn't that by the Timesplitters people?

There was a really rich period of game development around 94 or so.

Although, over the last year or two, the quality of PS3 and 360 releases may be undermining the need to own the successor machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

I liked Second Sight a lot though, wasn't that by the Timesplitters people?
    Yup. Free Radical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

its near impossible trying to find a copy of metriod prime trilogy for the wii with a decent price , i give up :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

How much does it go for these days?

its near impossible trying to find a copy of metriod prime trilogy for the wii with a decent price , i give up :(

Should have did what I did, but it when it was released!
    It's a fantastic collection.
    The games are transformed from merely incredible to mind meltingly awesome with the Wii mote controls integrated.
    And it's probably one of the few times they manage to do it so well, making it seem essential.
    So, in a nutshell, you should buy it whatever the cost.
    Oh, and the 2nd one is tough as hell!

• Advertisement

Should have did what I did, but it when it was released!
    It's a fantastic collection.
    The games are transformed from merely incredible to mind meltingly awesome with the Wii mote controls integrated.
    And it's probably one of the few times they manage to do it so well, making it seem essential.
    So, in a nutshell, you should buy it whatever the cost.
    Oh, and the 2nd one is tough as hell!

I played and finished the 3rd one, absolutely loved it and i remember around the same time they announced the trilogy.

Had it on my xmas list but was my folks told me it was no where to be found in galway :(

cheapest copy i can find it 63 euros on amazon used but one copy left i wont be able to have money for another 2-3 weeks.

My other option is to get the gamecube games , controller and memory card which is quite expensive as it is , and as much as i want to play the trilogy i dunno if i can bring myself to paying that much for it .

Here's one on eBay for €40 incl. shipping http://bit.ly/1a1gKbk

I was lucky enough to pick it up in tesco for €15 ages ago, after my friend forgot to return my copy of metroid prime on the cube :'(

Here's one on eBay for €40 incl. shipping http://bit.ly/1a1gKbk

I was lucky enough to pick it up in tesco for €15 ages ago, after my friend forgot to return my copy of metroid prime on the cube :'(

that link aint working :pac:

Just over an hour till Ace Attorney 5 gets released on the 3ds eshop

Beer check
    Indian check
    Eshop card check

Bring it on

Oh on another matter booked into a lecture on oculous rift and kinect in dit 14th November.

Students only :)

that link aint working :pac:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/221301040574

Thank you so much , now to hope and pray it remains there for another 2 weeks

• Advertisement

Thank you so much , now to hope and pray it remains there for another 2 weeks

There's a few others on ebay for around the same price so just keep checking

Sparks43 wrote: »
    I can't wait myself! I was shocked most of my friends hadn't played any of them, the only one who has, hasn't a 3DS.
    Retr0 isn't caught up yet so had no one to get excited with.
    Is there any physical copy release? Just had a look at Gamestop and nothing came up.

Sera wrote: »
    I can't wait myself! I was shocked most of my friends hadn't played any of them, the only one who has, hasn't a 3DS.
    Retr0 isn't caught up yet so had no one to get excited with.
    Is there any physical copy release? Just had a look at Gamestop and nothing came up.

no physical release , capcom didnt really give a great excuse for the reason either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

Sparks43 wrote: »

Beer check
    Indian check
    Eshop card check

Bring it on

Oh on another matter booked into a lecture on oculous rift and kinect in dit 14th November.

Students only :)

It's out tonight? I thought it was going to show up with the rest of the eshop stuff tomorrow.

megaten wrote: »
    It's out tonight? I thought it was going to show up with the rest of the eshop stuff tomorrow.

Assuming so thought it clicks in at midnight?

Oh please don't tell me I have to wait

• Advertisement

no physical release , capcom didnt really give a great excuse for the reason either

e453f6eb-3a5d-4959-a253-b9fdd5577ffc_zps5f354ddc.jpg

Srsly they're a limited edition version that includes a Phoenix Wright figurine, a Phoenix Wright-style Nintendo 3DS pouch and stickers (T^T I want it all).
    And we can't even get a physical copy!?

Pheonix wright also Had a movie and if capcom were smart enough they could of turned it into an anime series aswell with manga books if there isnt any yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

There's definitely manga of Phoenix wright. I have one thats an anthology of shorts by different artists but I'm almost certain theres a series proper as well.

Pheonix wright also Had a movie
    a few of us went when they showed it for the Japanese Film Fest, even my friend who never played it wanted to after seeing it.
    DVD for the movie only came out in Japan, Aus and Germany.
    and if capcom were smart enough they could of turned it into an anime series aswell with manga books if there isnt any yet.
    I agree with megaten I think there's a manga too but too lazy to confirm.
    Not sure about a whole anime series though, I love the game but I dunno, maybe a real short series like Pokemon Origins.

I just want professor layton vs Phoenix wright translated :'(

I just want professor layton vs Phoenix wright translated :'(

Was looking forward to it but some are saying it's not as impressive as we hoped

In the spirit of retroness I was going to buy this
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NamCollection
    But it seems to be an unenhanced port of Namco games I already have and can play on the PS2.
    Your thoughts?

Gonna watch the movie again

Gutted i cant play AA5 tonight:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

picked up a xperia play, should be great for emulation among other things :)

nuxxx wrote: »
    picked up a xperia play, should be great for emulation among other things :)

Would a PSP Go not have been a better buy?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement