Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Would a PSP Go not have been a better buy?

16-bit emulation and up is pretty manky on the PSP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Was looking forward to it but some are saying it's not as impressive as we hoped

Pre or post-translation? If the latter, it'd be understandable, given the forces of hype that's formed in its prolonged journey to the West; disappointment is always concomitant to these kinda things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Pre or post-translation? If the latter, it'd be understandable, given the forces of hype that's formed in its prolonged journey to the West; disappointment is always concomitant to these kinda things.

Pre they have said its quite uniteresting.

We shall see though.

Come on Nintendo update the bloody eshop i want to get my lawyer on.

Does it update at 2 3 or 4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

On the eShop thing, why on earth isn't the Wii VC stuff made fully available for the Wii U? Madness having them trickle out one by one

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Downloading now :D:D:D

Whoop whoop

HOLD IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its crashed

OBJECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only joking :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just paid a visit to Super Hoshin, definitely worth popping down to have a look. He has a small selection of stuff but it's mostly good. 95% of it is japanese but since it's japanese it's all in amazing condition. Prices seem really good as well.

Picked up Whiplash for the MD, a pretty good shmup, Shinobi on the PS2 (PAL) and a super famicom megami tensei game that I'm trying to figure out what it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Just paid a visit to Super Hoshin, definitely worth popping down to have a look. He has a small selection of stuff but it's mostly good. 95% of it is japanese but since it's japanese it's all in amazing condition. Prices seem really good as well.

Picked up Whiplash for the MD, a pretty good shmup, Shinobi on the PS2 (PAL) and a super famicom megami tensei game that I'm trying to figure out what it is.

is there much famicom and super famicom stuff?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

arrgh had a choice between going to retropolis in camden st and there today ..picked retropolis. ..which as of 2.45 isnt open ye ( probably more to do with the market its in) ffs waste of my lunchbreak:(

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    is there much famicom and super famicom stuff?

He has a few carts fully boxed, a lot are RPGs though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

Where is this place?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm going to call in a little later on, I'm going to see Thor 2 at the press screening today.
    I saw a copy of Xevious for the famicom on FB and need it in my life!

Going into town now and going to pop in for a quick look before i head to inchicore.

3ds in tow :D

megaten wrote: »
    Where is this place?

Twisted Pepper on Abbey street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

a super famicom megami tensei game that I'm trying to figure out what it is.

Majin Tensei isn't it? SMT Tactics basically.

ghostchant wrote: »
    Majin Tensei isn't it? SMT Tactics basically.

Yep figured it out a while ago :)

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Would a PSP Go not have been a better buy?

play is pretty nice for emulation , plus it'll work with regular android stuff as well..which is nice.
    Also ...its a phone :)

Bloody hell I'm shattered

Super hoshi pretty good picked up a few md games and now playing aa in a pub in inchicore

Life is good

Hey, what is the best service to use for bidding on Yahoo Japan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Hey, what is the best service to use for bidding on Yahoo Japan?

There's Rinkya. Haven't used them myself but they're supposedly reliable however afaik their rates can be a bit expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,756 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Super Hoshi is not at 'go out of your way' level yet, but it's worth a gander if you're around. Good prices but few surprises. Give them another shipment or two and they could be a contender.

There's Rinkya. Haven't used them myself but they're supposedly reliable however afaik their rates can be a bit expensive.

Is there any benefit in using Yahoo Japan? Is it any cheaper than eBay?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Is there any benefit in using Yahoo Japan? Is it any cheaper than eBay?

Casey120 is probably the expert around here re: YAJ and proxy services. There's also some info over on AO if you're a member, the first two sticky posts in this forum: http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewforum.php?f=17.

The impression I got was YAJ was pretty expensive these days. I get regular emails from a proxy service run by one of the chaps on Shmups for anything Raiden related - the prices are always very high. It might depend on the type of item + the additional costs as to weather there's a benefit or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

omg they're way expensive! I won something for Y100 and it was about €20 by the end with all the fees.
    Owayn I can send you on the invoices to show what kinda charges are there

Sera wrote: »
    omg they're way expensive! I won something for Y100 and it was about €20 by the end with all the fees.
    Owayn I can send you on the invoices to show what kinda charges are there

Yes please

Yes please
    turned out to be $30 fees for 310yen worth of stuff and then shipping on top. But what I PM'd you was copy and paste from my email there's a bit more info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Started Pokémon: HearthGold tonight. That's right, more Pokémon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I'm going to see Thor 2 at the press screening today.

these films based on games never live up to the hype

story_of_thor_2_the_saturn_gamerip_8561.jpg

;):D:pac:

these films based on games never live up to the hype

story_of_thor_2_the_saturn_gamerip_8561.jpg

;):D:pac:
    omgomgomg I thought only I'd think of that game when I saw Thor 2
    I love that game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Super Hoshi is not at 'go out of your way' level yet, but it's worth a gander if you're around. Good prices but few surprises. Give them another shipment or two and they could be a contender.

I was impressed, I asked the guy about his pricing and he said he does use eBay but looks at the lowest prices reached for items.
    There's a boxed copy of Kirby 64 as well, that's the one I passed thinking my console wouldn't play it, so I'm going to ask him to hold that for me.

• Advertisement

I was impressed, I asked the guy about his pricing and he said he does use eBay but looks at the lowest prices reached for items.
    There's a boxed copy of Kirby 64 as well, that's the one I passed thinking my console wouldn't play it, so I'm going to ask him to hold that for me.

How much? Just curious.

I'm not saying!
    It's mine!!!!

I'm not saying!
    It's mine!!!!

Went down this morning and bought it so tough.
    Nah I didn't I'm not that mean.

New Trapt/Deception/Kagero game for Vita:

Hope it comes to the west, the series is very original and great fun.

Apparently the Genesis is 25 years old in America.

I feel older.

If i ordered a used naomi CP from the states would I get stung for import tax?

urbanledge wrote: »
    If i ordered a used naomi CP from the states would I get stung for import tax?

It really depends on if it gets caught by customs. It's a total lottery.

New Trapt/Deception/Kagero game for Vita:

Hope it comes to the west, the series is very original and great fun.

NO WAY! OMG! I'm too busy to look now can't wait to look when I come home.
    I should go back to playing the PS2 one, didn't want it to end, man eating music box ftw.

EDIT - just noticed it's for Vita, FUUUUUU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

The excellent Blackrock Castle Observatory are doing a bunch of retro game nights next month: http://www.bco.ie/2013/10/retrosw/

• Advertisement

Apparently the Genesis is 25 years old in America.

I feel older.

I bought it when I was 20!

I was 5 when it came out in Japan in 1988 and 7 when it came out in 1990 in Europe.

Christ.

7 when it came out in 1990 in Europe.
    Christ.
    depending on the month I mightn't have been born when it came out, neither was Atavan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I was 5 when it came out in Japan in 1988 and 7 when it came out in 1990 in Europe.

Christ.

I was - 4 for the japan release and - 2 for the Europe release. Good times!

Sera wrote: »
    depending on the month I mightn't have been born when it came out, neither was Atavan.

30th November for Europe so you'd be a few weeks old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Baby Atavan (pic needs more tattoos and capt Morgan's but its close enough)

l4lv.jpg

• Advertisement

Ah, sure age difference don't matter, we're all retro gamers now!

Ah, sure age difference don't matter, we're all retro gamers now!

jimmy_saville_agrees.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You can now send parcels with Parcel Motel :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

o1s1n wrote: »
    You can now send parcels with Parcel Motel :eek:

Yep and directly to other parcel motels as well for a reasonable charge. Should make retro trading a bit easier :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I'm going to call in a little later on, I'm going to see Thor 2 at the press screening today.
    I saw a copy of Xevious for the famicom on FB and need it in my life!

That's a pretty ropey port, no? Got it on the PS as part of 3D collection, and it's been mostly shunned for the fact it runs at a pace that'd give a glacier a sense of haste.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement