Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Angry_Mob.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Hope my wii lives long enough till i have kids of my own and share the experience of what i felt when i first played galaxy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hope my wii lives long enough till i have kids of my own and share the experience of what i felt when i first played galaxy

Oddly, my son prefers Zelda games to Mario games.
    Not such a bad thing really.
    He could prefer post 16bit Sonic games, in which case I'd have to give him up for adoption!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Hey, you leave 16bit sonic out of this!

Hey now sonic 16bit was a cool kid, too bad he hung with the wrong crowd and cant seem to get his life back on track :(, still love the kid

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,891 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Started Shin Megami Tensei IV and I'm very surprised and impressed by it. Usually the SMT games are quite low tech but make up for it with good art design. SMTIV however is far and away the best looking game I've seen on the 3DS. It looks gorgeous and the production values are really high. It's even got some nice pseudo surround sound through headphones. Persona 4 must have made them a lot of money or else Nintendo invested heavily in them. Also it's a game you should play in 3D, it's got the best looking 3D I've seen on the system. Not too far into the game so can't comment on much else except the soundtrack which is amazing so far. If Persona 5 does come to the 3DS I wouldn't be too worried about it not looking well if SMTIV is anything to go by.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,756 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Went to this last night: http://www.farmaphobia.com/

Zombies + paintball shotgun + strobe lights + hidden antidote = success. If you can make it down at any point this week you should, a hell of a lot of fun! Would be great to see more landowners doing stuff like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Got properly done on adverts for the first time... Was sold a ps3 that turned out to be broken, seller isn't answering calls. Where do I go from here?

Despite all the bad things said about it, and how bad it is for selling, I've always found it very useful.

I'm not a happy man!
    What's wrong with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Oddly, my son prefers Zelda games to Mario games.
    Not such a bad thing really.
    He could prefer post 16bit Sonic games, in which case I'd have to give him up for adoption!
    Hey, you leave 16bit sonic out of this!
    Hey now sonic 16bit was a cool kid, too bad he hung with the wrong crowd and cant seem to get his life back on track :(, still love the kid

/Cough :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Went to this last night: http://www.farmaphobia.com/

Zombies + paintball shotgun + strobe lights + hidden antidote = success. If you can make it down at any point this week you should, a hell of a lot of fun! Would be great to see more landowners doing stuff like this.

Yeah I went to it last year and it was absolutely brilliant! Anyone should Definitely go if you can.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was starting to get all anxious for the release of the PS4 but a quick look at the launch line up leaves me very cold.
    There's nothing there that'd make me want to pay such a premium price, and consign my PS3 to the attic, feck that, the PS3 gets a reprieve and we look again at the PS4 in the new year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I was starting to get all anxious for the release of the PS4 but a quick look at the launch line up leaves me very cold.
    There's nothing there that'd make me want to pay such a premium price, and consign my PS3 to the attic, feck that, the PS3 gets a reprieve and we look again at the PS4 in the new year!

Pretty much the same old story. It's never worth it to adopt early. Try tell that to a kid though :o My little fella is in that awkward age bracket where toys "are for kids" & there's nothing else of interest at the mo other than consoles/games. The Wii U is only just starting to come into its own, with a few decent titles on the way...& thats what, a year on? I expect the PS4 & One will be much the same...avoid until this time next year at the earliest

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,891 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Really regretting pre-ordering the PS4 myself. I hope I get a good price for it, I'm definitely selling it.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Really regretting pre-ordering the PS4 myself. I hope I get a good price for it, I'm definitely selling it.

It could be worse, you could have ordered a One :P Though admittedly the One launch lineup stands taller. The way they sold it though, it came across that half its features won't work outside the US

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Plan on getting my PS4 for Xmas (Xmas 2014 that is), there is still a whole world of PS3/X360 stuff I'd like to finished off first and hopefully secondhand bins will start filling up soon.

No interest in any console till at least 6 months after launch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Anyone heading to the Xbox One event in November? It's on in the ambassador theatre and should be a good chance to get some proper hands on time with the console before launch.

Don't current gen PC visuals do everything that the next gen consoles do?
    I'm just finding it hard to see, from videos and what-not of next gen titles, a whole lot to get terribly excited about.
    Plus, there are plenty of new titles coming out for the current gen, GT6 and Dark Souls 2 for example.

And then some :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

SoR and Golden Axe are being praised in another thread, I think Cidermans got a duplicate account.

Monkeykube wrote: »
    SoR and Golden Axe are being praised in another thread, I think Cidermans got a duplicate account.

You what now,
    Ban Hammer ASSEMBLE!!!!

• Advertisement

Myrddin wrote: »
    And then some :)

And then some, and even then some :)

But I suppose we shouldn't (although I always do) compare the graphics on a console with that of a PC rig in which the graphics card alone cost more than the total cost of the Xbox One or PS4 (or in my case both combined because I'm a silly nerd).
    I've been playing Battlefield 4 the last couple days on PC and the graphics are very nice indeed. I'm sure the 360 version looks a lot less pretty but the Xbox One and PS4 will probably come close enough for most people. The big thing is multiplayer map sizes and user limits. If the next gen consoles can match the PC version and allow the very large maps and 64+ player limit then that will be a big deal, more so than the graphics I think (as the graphics will be very good anyway).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The only thing which has me considering building a fancy PC is to take full advantage of the Rift. Your PC really does need a good bit of heft to get fancier stuff going.

When it comes to retail games Source based ones are about as good as my laptop (Samsung RF511) can really push it graphically in 60fps, stereoscopic and vsync enabled.

I can only imagine the type of computer you'd need to do something like BF4 maxed out X2!

o1s1n wrote: »
    The only thing which has me considering building a fancy PC is to take full advantage of the Rift. Your PC really does need a good bit of heft to get fancier stuff going.

When it comes to retail games Source based ones are about as good as my laptop (Samsung RF511) can really push it graphically in 60fps, stereoscopic and vsync enabled.

I can only imagine the type of computer you'd need to do something like BF4 maxed out X2!

I've a nVidia GTX Titan graphics card and I'd say that even that would struggle with 2 maxed out battlefiled 4's :)
    But with the current dev rift its not full hd so it might handle that fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Plan on getting my PS4 for Xmas (Xmas 2014 that is), there is still a whole world of PS3/X360 stuff I'd like to finished off first and hopefully secondhand bins will start filling up soon.

No interest in any console till at least 6 months after launch.

Nail well and truly on head there imo.
    You pay a pretty big premium for generally not a great day one release.
    Especially if your anything like me have tonnes and tonnes of current gen titles still to get through.
    My latest purchase was a second hand vita which is only starting to come into its own and is definately affordable now.
    I'm considering whether to get a wii u before or after Xmas. Tempted to have it pre Xmas but then again probably cheaper after Xmas so kinda torn at the moment. But again I think it's only now that the Wii u becomes purchasable with a decent line up of titles and bundles at decent prices.

I remember happily throwing down the readies for the PS and even the N64, not to mention the PS2 and Xbox. The DC and GC (got those from Japan at launch) I also spent a lot of money on.
    And the reason was each of them promised, and normally delivered, a new experience, unique software and, well, excitement over the previous consoles.
    MSR, Project Gotham, Super Monkeyball, Mario 64, Wipeout, Chu Chu Rocket, even Fantavision.
    But the two new machines?
    Most of the titles are also on the current machines, too expensive for a developer to sink money into a project for such a small audience, the install base for the PS4 and Xbox One will be tiny compared to the current gen for the next 18 months at least.
    It's remarkable as well, that by the time the 360 is finally consigned to the doom of racks of football management games in the preowned section, it'll probably be over 10 years old! And still considered by most to be current gen in 2015!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I'm just finding it hard to see, from videos and what-not of next gen titles, a whole lot to get terribly excited about.
    Plus, there are plenty of new titles coming out for the current gen, GT6 and Dark Souls 2 for example.

This from the man who have bought every 'next gen' console on or before launch day over the past 15~ years?
    I remember happily throwing down the readies for the PS and even the N64, not to mention the PS2 and Xbox. The DC and GC (got those from Japan at launch) I also spent a lot of money on.
    And the reason was each of them promised, and normally delivered, a new experience, unique software and, well, excitement over the previous consoles.
    MSR, Project Gotham, Super Monkeyball, Mario 64, Wipeout, Chu Chu Rocket, even Fantavision.
    But the two new machines?
    Most of the titles are also on the current machines, too expensive for a developer to sink money into a project for such a small audience, the install base for the PS4 and Xbox One will be tiny compared to the current gen for the next 18 months at least.
    It's remarkable as well, that by the time the 360 is finally consigned to the doom of racks of football management games in the preowned section, it'll probably be over 10 years old! And still considered by most to be current gen in 2015!

Give the next gen machines 6~9 months and then see if there is anything that really stands out. Until then, money better in the pocket :)
    Bonus - in 6~9 months there should be a second hand market already started should M$ decide to let people sell games on...or did I miss a memo?

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    This from the man who have bought every 'next gen' console on or before launch day over the past 15~ years?

No, I have given up that racket, aside from Ninty stuff.
    The 360 I bought at launch and it was worth it, actually had it some 5 days ahead.
    The PS3 took some 7 months before I jumped in with a preowned 60gb machine, even then there was feck all to play on it.
    Give the next gen machines 6~9 months and then see if there is anything that really stands out. Until then, money better in the pocket :)
    That's the plan!
    Bonus - in 6~9 months there should be a second hand market already started should M$ decide to let people sell games on...or did I miss a memo?
    They have backtracked and now games will be free to sell on and so on.
    But.... they do reserve the right to change those terms and conditions should they choose, might be something you have to sign up to later, as there were other features that came along with registering a particular copy of a game to your account, given the amount of work they put into that stuff it seems unlikely to me that they'll simply bin it.

Oh, and Sony can do exactly the same, should they choose.

It's likely that Gamestop or other preowned game vendor would have had to offer a service of de-licencing games from a single account before they could sell that to someone other than the original owner, this was tied to the Xbox One E3 event and Sony appeared to triumph over their position that games would be entirely owned by the buyer, but in the small print they could do exactly what MS were going to do.

Only console I ever got on launch was the wii u and I dont regret it, What I regret is only getting one game for it and not the others yet like pikmin 3 , Winder waker hd, wonderful 101, zombi u

still trying to finish off getting the rest of the wii games , almost there.

Had ps4 on pre order and traded it off straight away. Launch is arse and I only really want it for metal gear solid 5.

Infamous second son looks interesting but nothing for me to rush off and buy a system for.

More excited for dark souls 2 in 2014 and the wii u/3ds games to come out than buy a ps4 still. Bayonetta 2 , smash bros u, mario kart 8 , donkey kong, xenoblade 2 , etrian odyssey untold , smt 4

Nintendo just has me by the balls :L

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

You ever wonder looking at Atavan's tag and thinking...how did that guy manage to escape being on the sex offender's list in The Wizard?

• Advertisement

So nobody looking forward to Killzone 4? It looks very innovative compared to the last 3 games. There's more colours than brown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

So nobody looking forward to Killzone 4? It looks very innovative compared to the last 3 games. There's more colours than brown.

YQy1N.png

Well, we have a brown colour on this level!

Beige?
    Burnt Umber?
    Yellow Ochre?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Beige?
    Burnt Umber?
    Yellow Ochre?
    Is this about gaming now or discussing The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Bloom's a colour now?

Watched an episode of "The Box of Delights" there. Anyone remember watching that in the 80's?
    It used to freak me out when I was a kid :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Saw Thor 2 last night. I enjoyed it a lot and that's something coming from me as I pretty much hate everything Hollywood makes these days.

Portman is pretty awful though, despite her character actually getting a lot more to do this time around. They really have to dress the gorgeous Kat Dennings down a lot so she doesn't steal focus from Portman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I want to see Thor 2 and Escape Plan over the next week or 2.....Escape Plan had Arnold and Sly so no questions asked

oh and a 1+ for Kat Dennings love! :D

So this is happening:

1383434_10201772925097602_393399179_n.jpg

DinoRex wrote: »
    Saw Thor 2 last night. I enjoyed it a lot and that's something coming from me as I pretty much hate everything Hollywood makes these days.

Portman is pretty awful though, despite her character actually getting a lot more to do this time around. They really have to dress the gorgeous Kat Dennings down a lot so she doesn't steal focus from Portman.

The CGI was seemless, that is the work needed to divert attention from Kat Dennings magnificence....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Tony Hawks is gonna be in Bushy park today skating if anyone is interested word on the street is Aaron "Jaws" Homoki is with him.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTooK-WyiZM‎

• Advertisement

safetyboy wrote: »
    Tony Hawks is gonna be in Bushy park today skating if anyone is interested word on the street is Aaron "Jaws" Homoki is with him.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTooK-WyiZM‎;

Maybe people could bring their copies of Shred and Ride with them and ask for their money back!
    On the other hand, you could bring Pro Skater 2 and thank him profusely for bringing it into our lives....
    So conflicted.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

*there's a knock at Tony Hawk's door*
    "TRICK OR TREAT"
    *Tony's eyes light up*
    "a trick eh?"
    "sir we just want candy"
    "TO THE HALF PIPE"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I want to see Thor 2 and Escape Plan over the next week or 2.....Escape Plan had Arnold and Sly so no questions asked

oh and a 1+ for Kat Dennings love! :D

Escape plan is pure muck my other half fell asleep despite loving the two leads and their films. I was bored stupid.

Thor was good.

Just got done watching this in depth analysis of metal gear solid 2

most of it I knew but others just blows me away

Metal gear solid 2 was built upon manipulating us into believing we were playing as our anti hero Solid snake but gave us a player that sole purpose was to living up to solid snake.

quite a lengthy watch but its well worth a view

Pity MGS2 was a dog to play. Even with the great ideas the writing was so bad it never really fulfilled what it set out to do. The marketing of that game fulfilled it a lot better.

The only bad thing I can think about play-asia's sales is when you tell Sauron you are stone broke. Then stuff you ordered a month ago starts arriving.

Pity MGS2 was a dog to play. Even with the great ideas the writing was so bad it never really fulfilled what it set out to do. The marketing of that game fulfilled it a lot better.

The only bad thing I can think about play-asia's sales is when you tell Sauron you are stone broke. Then stuff you ordered a month ago starts arriving.

spec ops done the same thing mgs2 did but the man rightfully admitted msg2 was not giving much praise for it like spec ops due to spotty writing.

he also admitted you wont know what happens in mgs2 to its full extent due to this but thats the point , snake even says in the end whatever thoughts and feelings you had towards this game is yours and yours alone , basically of it what you will.

I am probably one in few that love mgs2 , its still the pinnacle of attention to detail and for a gain 2001 blew away any game i played at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

For anyone looking for a cheap Graphics cards this seller is top class.

Picked one up yesterday and works a treat

http://www.adverts.ie/graphics-cards/amd-radeon-hd6450-pci-express-video-card/3378491?notification=0fef0f212c95e6619b7ff9bc05a339ff-1383223199#comment_20119821

ignored everyone help about metriod prime trilogy and just got the gamecube games , also ordered zone of the enders hd collection

ignored everyone help about metriod prime trilogy and just why the gamecube games , also ordered zone of the enders hd collection

Have you taken grammar classes with Atavan? That is gone drinking with him? ;)

Have you taken grammar classes with Atavan? That is gone drinking with him? ;)

jesus christ what the **** did I say ? :pac:

Halloween was a wild one last night

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement