Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,271 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Myrddin wrote: »
    i+m+sorry.+have+some+Father+_cf93a0f4415c9c3bbe1db91e122ebede.gif

This will make you feel old - those puppies are all now extremely old or no longer roaming this earth :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

o1s1n wrote: »
    This will make you feel sad - those puppies are no longer roaming this earth :(
    that's a bit much for me, I'm super sad
    tumblr_feels_by_jackie_lyn-d50ngc2_zpse63bf349.png~320x480

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Maybe some delicious food will cheer you up:

vMr9RTu.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

DinoRex wrote: »
    Maybe some delicious food will cheer you up:

vMr9RTu.jpg

Wow Dino, I didn't know you were so into the Bear scene!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Wow Dino, I didn't know you were so into the Bear scene!
    everyone loves Rilakkuma

Master of the Universe

Reminds me of this photo I took years ago :D

DSC_0197.jpg

Master of the Universe

By the way I have absolutely no idea why he's running away with Musha. I'm sure it had some relevance at the time :D

Speaking of Musha, there's yet another MD game which has shot up in value

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M-U-S-H-A-Sega-Genesis-1990-MUSHA-/231075260025?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item35cd28a679&nma=true&si=fuDCDPhkqLQ1lveUx5HCVSuPjfM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,756 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Can never look at any of those Japanese mascots again after watching Paranoia Agent :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

1461386_10152392833764152_1516247913_n.jpg

Did a test just there to see can i beat resident evil 1 with no saves

results came back positive :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Anybody heading to the Xbox One Tour later on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

I can see it now, droves of gamers heading out to a 'tour' secretly sponsored by the NSA and GCHQ.

You're playing Drive Club, innocently enough, but secretly, like HAL, they are listening in, videoing you, monitoring heart rates, tapping phones and tickling your lungs with their big government phallus!

I'll stick with having my lungs tickled by Sony later this month thanks. :pac:

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    I can see it now, droves of gamers heading out to a 'tour' secretly sponsored by the NSA and GCHQ.

You're playing Drive Club, innocently enough, but secretly, like HAL, they are listening in, videoing you, monitoring heart rates, tapping phones and tickling your lungs with their big government phallus!

A simple 'No' would have sufficed. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

:D

I see Resogun is one of the first free PS+ games for the PS4...

I was trying to be concise! :P

Though I think I am going to cancel my PS4 pre-order bundle. The only reason I was looking to get it was:

a) The PS4 looks like a wonky X68000.

b) Watch Dogs.

Sadly:

a) Watch Dogs has been delayed until next year.

and

b) Anne Robinson isn't in it.

I'll sit back and watch the launch fallout from both consoles I think and then see which Japanese developers launch which STG's on which console.

Other than that, I'm hoping I can persuade my wife to buy me Gleylancer for my joint birthday and Christmas present this year! :)

Myrddin wrote: »
    :D

I see Resogun is one of the first free PS+ games for the PS4...

Yep. Desparate for that! It can wait though. RE: I want Gleylancer!.... or Eliminate Down! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Yep Resogun looks interesting, from the same team as Super Stardust HD is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Resogun reminds me of Geometry Wars for some reason

Looks really good though, I'll look forward to playing that one. My PS4 purchase will be around February I'd say...mostly because the launch line up doesnt really do much to warrant me getting it day 1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Presume yee folks have already seen this 'in progress' review of the PS4? Kotaku link.

Sounds fairly swanky but the bottom line is it's no must-buy just yet. Same as all consoles on release I guess (since the N64 days anyway). Good to hear that the console is small and quiet and no power block. Controller looks pretty good and the headphone jack to output all sound is handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Presume yee folks have already seen this 'in progress' review of the PS4? Kotaku link.

Sounds fairly swanky but the bottom line is it's no must-buy just yet. Same as all consoles on release I guess (since the N64 days anyway). Good to hear that the console is small and quiet and no power block. Controller looks pretty good and the headphone jack to output all sound is handy.

Yeah, the fact its not that massive or heavy and is almost silent is a real plus. Nobody wants a leaf blower sitting under their TV.
    Buy yeah, no must buy games as of yet, but that's to be expected.

• Advertisement

you know me so well

1391524_10202360664879468_1312482578_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I'll be heading to the Xbox Tour tomorrow for my lung tickling. I want to try out Killer Instinct, and since I've no intentions of buying an Xbox One, this will probably be my only chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'm going on Saturday. Mainly just to play forza 5, which will probably make me want an xbox one :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

I got a ticket from my boss so ill pop along for an hour.
    I just want to see Dead rising 3 and Crimson dragon.
    Graphics look nothing special but if its anything like Panzer Dragoon I'll be all over it.

I got a ticket from my boss so ill pop along for an hour.
    I just want to see Dead rising 3 and Crimson dragon.
    Graphics look nothing special but if its anything like Panzer Dragoon I'll be all over it.

I hear that you'll nbeed ID, so only the ticket holder (and a +1) and show up. You might wanna look into that before you head to it, just to be sure.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

When the Wii was announced and I heard that it was on display at the Toys for Big Boys expo in the RDS I couldn't wait to try it and was blown away.
    I honestly couldn't be @rsed seeing or trying either the PS ONE or Xbox 4 or whatever you call them.
    I, like STG there, would rather have €399 worth of retro stuff, Gleylancer and the like, under the tree than one of the new consoles.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I was supposed to be going to the xcubeone thingy tomorrow. .but ive a stomach bug at the mo so mighrnt make it. :(
    Oh yeah the wb humblebundle added a coupla new games..onw of which is the MK Kollection..so you can pick it up with about 8 other gsmes for under 4 quid for the lot..which is nice...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeah I installed MK kollection...first 3 games all arcade perfect.

Only problem is installing them. You have to make a live a/c or sign into one and the game has to be restarted 3 times for cd keys and updates etc. and its just really awkward. Every other game just installs and runs via steam...This is the kind of bull**** that just makes me hate microsoft even more

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,893 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Maybe I'm old and cynical but I'm just not getting the buzz at all. The games really aren't a big leap over current gen at all. There's also not even one game that looks like it's worth buying and getting excited about at launch. Hopefully some digital game will catch us all off guard.

When the media buzz about the new consoles features Minecraft as one of the launch window titles, you know that these machines aren't exactly going to change games forever.
    But they will lighten your pocket to the tune of at least 400 euro, so there is that....

Re Minecraft, probably cynical of me to use that as an example, but the bulk of the launch titles on both machines are new versions of existing titles, and that wasn't popular on the WiiU so why do they think it'll work here?
    At least the 360 had a good range of original titles or, at least, new editions of existing franchises that you couldn't get on the previous gen, like PGR3 for example, or COD2.
    This time it looks like most of the launch games, the Xbox One at least, are all on the 360, and the PS4 isn't much better.

And, re re Minecraft, I am looking forward to the Vita version, I imagine it's the perfect platform, after the PC.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Maybe I'm old and cynical but I'm just not getting the buzz at all. The games really aren't a big leap over current gen at all. There's also not even one game that looks like it's worth buying and getting excited about at launch. Hopefully some digital game will catch us all off guard.

Ahhh me too, nothing grabs me by the balls like past consoles but I have to see for curiosity.
    I think the market is so saturated these days it will just take a while for the original games to emerge(please god)
    I was thinking today about previous consoles that I bought at launch and games available...they all blew me away.
    it goes like this

Megadrive: Sonic
    Snes: Super Mario world
    32x: Doom + virtua Starwars
    Saturn: Virtua fighter + Daytona
    Dreamcast: Soul Caliber + Powerstone
    Xbox: Halo

All top games that remain one of the best on each platform.

So, if you had the money for one of the next gen machines, an extra controller and a couple of games, say adding up to €650, what would you spend it on in terms of retro gaming bliss??
    I'd start with a refurbished PC Engine GT, a copy of Gleylancer, Tetris 3D for the VB, XE sticks for everything, and after that we'll see...

A sit down Sega Rally Cab,and a Virtua cop cab.
    Unfortunately they don't fit into the same space as a console:(
    Guess its why they are called consoles :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So, if you had the money for one of the next gen machines, an extra controller and a couple of games, say adding up to €650, what would you spend it on in terms of retro gaming bliss??
    I'd start with a refurbished PC Engine GT, a copy of Gleylancer, Tetris 3D for the VB, XE sticks for everything, and after that we'll see...

Candy cab, or put it towards one anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

For the money of say the Xbox "I am the One" and a couple of games you could build yourself a pretty ok gaming pc or upgrade your existing one.
    PC gaming isn't everyone's cup of tea but graphically that's what you are getting in the new consoles. They all have more or less just above mid range graphics cards inside them.

All that said, I've a nice gaming pc myself but I also like new and shiny things so I'll be grabbing a next gen console fairly soon I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Ahhh me too, nothing grabs me by the balls like past consoles but I have to see for curiosity.
    I think the market is so saturated these days it will just take a while for the original games to emerge(please god)
    I was thinking today about previous consoles that I bought at launch and games available...they all blew me away.
    it goes like this

Megadrive: Sonic
    Snes: Super Mario world
    32x: Doom + virtua Starwars
    Saturn: Virtua fighter + Daytona
    Dreamcast: Soul Caliber + Powerstone
    Xbox: Halo

All top games that remain one of the best on each platform.
    Sonic was a Mega Drive launch title?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

Sera wrote: »
    you know me so well

1391524_10202360664879468_1312482578_n.jpg

"celestial brush amaze"

ROFLFLKDFLKA;SJGLDJSFKJKALFJ

I agree completely. There's really nothing pushing me in the way of the next gen. In fact, I'm pretty much being pushed away by them. The idea of current gen titles dropping in price and becoming much more accessable to a broke fool such as myself sounds a lot more appealing than jumping onto the new systems.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,893 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sonic was a Mega Drive launch title?

Lay off, the man obviously owns a Tardis :P

• Advertisement

Plus
    Megadrive: Altered Beast
    Doesn't really blow anyone away at all....

Gleylancer, Nexzr, Battle Mania 2, Sylphia, Recca and a cart only copy of Eliminate Down.

Lay off, the man obviously owns a Tardis :P

**** was it not no. I (my parents in this case) didn't get that at launch so!
    I got an asian jap MD imported with Sonic...all this time I've been made a monkey of.

just going by memory, It obviously aint what it used to be
    h0585E8EE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

just seen a bit of a NES-101 moment on Storage Wars Texas (yes I know it's fake), they were valuing unboxed DS games at $20 each :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I have a 20€ deposit on launch for PS4 with Killzone that I'm not gonna use if anyone wants it, for 20€ of course :) or swapsie for something! Either that or I'm getting my monies back!

Master of the Universe

Yep. Desparate for that! It can wait though. RE: I want Gleylancer!.... or Eliminate Down! :cool:

Unfortunately, both those games have almost doubled in price in the last few years.

Kicking myself that I didnt buy them when I had the chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

Poor pixel. :(

a9qH9l0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

And the next Everdrive will be for the Gameboy....

Master of the Universe

Just reminded me I've a Gameboy flash cart I bought a year ago and haven't even used once. I think it needed a funky small USB cable to transfer the files which I didn't have.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Just reminded me I've a Gameboy flash cart I bought a year ago and haven't even used once. I think it needed a funky small USB cable to transfer the files which I didn't have.

What kind? I have all manner of USB cables lying around at home. If I have a suitable one it's yours if you want it.

Master of the Universe

Cheers man :)

It was a micro type USB cable but one of those oddly shaped ones you tend to see less often than the rest. Was squarer than most.

Will see if I can dig the card out when I get home and check.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement