Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Cruises Street

3p5pjs.jpg
    Let me guess...where the old GAME used to be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Let me guess...where the old GAME used to be?

funnily enough no, a quick google reveals it used to be a Dorothy Perkins.

funnily enough no, a quick google reveals it used to be a Dorothy Perkins.
    Eh. Close enough. I'm looking at the place right now.

https://maps.google.ie/maps?ie=UTF-8&layer=c&z=17&iwloc=A&sll=52.664015,-8.625595&cbp=13,8.6,0,0,0&cbll=52.663987,-8.625602&q=6a+Cruises+Street+Limerick+Co.+Limerick&ei=x4mKUpeJJaGJ7AbXm4CIDg&ved=0CC0QxB0wAA

tumblr_m05woryvER1r5hsoxo1_400.gif

All they need now is to being back HMV to Cruises as well and I'm set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Really? Where abouts in Limerick?
    Stay out of my territory or I'mma cut you

Sera wrote: »
    Stay out of my territory or I'mma cut you
    *makes self as big as possible to scare off Sera*

*makes self as big as possible to scare off Sera*
    everyone is bigger than me, even Atavan nearly, have another think

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Worst prices are the PS2 game prices in Tesco, the big one in Clarehall

Sera wrote: »
    everyone is bigger than me, even Atavan nearly, have another think
    Atavan's too boozed up to fend for himself, let alone stand up straight.

• Advertisement

Azumanga.Daioh.Wallpaper.160167.jpg

Alright then. Bring it on, Ms. Annie-May.

hot-fuzz-pic-1-701215.jpg

"Morning."

you call that a knife? THIS is a knife!

ist2_2890967_spoon.jpg

you call that a knife? this is a KNIFE!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmwYEblRcTI9eMEar9liRn078wp2pwSNn8Bn8B7kmIUHtPYH7u
    I see you've played knifey-spoony before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,271 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

hqdefault.jpg

o1s1n wrote: »
    hqdefault.jpg

you ****bag! I was just about to post that! :p

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

'oooooh, down I go'

Love it :D

I was watching a new (and therefore rubbish) episode of The Simpsons this evening as a matter of interest.

Lady ****ing GaGa was in it. I mean come on, ffs!!!! could have punched the TV.

'oooooh, down I go'

Love it :D

I was watching a new (and therefore rubbish) episode of The Simpsons this evening as a matter of interest.

That episode really was one of the worst made yet.

Speaking of animated sitcoms, what is this NEWSB@G that 3e is airing? Judging from the Sky synopsis for this episode (Gig becomes pregnant with an apple after being the 50,000th person to purchase the latest hardware from the Crapple Corporation). Yeah, just by reading that, I can already tell what the humour's going to be like.

I've seen it, the new ones are bad but that's definitely one of the worst, I dunno is it the episode or that I'm not into GaGa.
    Thankfully the last episode I saw was the Halloween special, the first one? with Bad Dream House, Hungry are the Damned and The Raven.
    Anytime it's a new one on now I watch episodes of TV Burp recorded on the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Question for all teh WiiU owners (I know there has to be a few)

If I buy the WiiU and transfer over my VC collection from the Wii can I play those VC games on the gamepad without turning on the tv?

From what I read I'll need a wiimote/classic controller (no problem) but something about a wii emulator on the WiiU and having to start it has me confused. Is that just for Wii games or including the VC titles. Edit: some (very) late night searching answered some of this. New update means you can use teh gamepad as a tv/sensor bar but no function as a controller. Can re-buy WiiU VC games I own for the Wii at around 1.50 a pop. ouch.

Playing Virtual Console games on the gamepad in bed when I wake up could be fecking amazing. Getting out of bed, walking to the sitting room setting it up and heading back would not :pac: Super Metroid in bed, yes please.

EDIT: also just seen how much the metroid prime trilogy on the wii is worth (holy sheet) I'm ashamed to say I had that in my hand for €20 in work but decided there was no point as I owned the three of them already and never bought it. That seems to have happened a lot. Gameboy Micros, LOZ four swords, Fire Emblem GBA games, I'm just gonna start buying everything :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Afaik
    your vc collection will be doomed to reside within the Wii channel on the WiiU front menu.
    They have not yet announced any way to transfer those purchases to the WiiU main menu. It's not all bad news though.
    The Wii channel can be played viewed the tv or the gamepad, so I that respect, yes you can play your VC purchases on the game pad.
    The caveat here is that you cannot yet use the controls on the game pad, you will have to use a wii mote, as you would typically when playing them on a Wii, looks a little incongruous but it works, especially if you use the Wii control pad.
    The WiiU control pad won't work though, the Wii channel doesn't see it, afaik once again.

• Advertisement

Thinking of making this a Zelda-tastic Christmas for my son.
    He looked for Wind Waker HD and Hyrule Historia from the big man in red but he also has a hankering for the new 3ds adventure, so...
    I'm thinking of picking up Twilight Princess and Spirit Tracks too, he'll get the 3ds game from his relations but if Santa brings the two Zelda games he hasn't played, Famicom and sh1te CDi games not included, I reckon he'll just explode with happiness.
    He's currently playing Phantom Hourglass and Skyward Sword.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Worst prices are the PS2 game prices in Tesco, the big one in Clarehall

Soul Calibur III for only €60 isnt a good deal then you're saying??

In regards to the WiiU problem above, I'll blow the dust off mine now and check it out....get back to you in a few mins

Master of the Universe

We all know the PS4 is smaller, but this comparison pic really shows it.

Not to mention that the XB1 also has an external power brick.

BZE909aCYAA65CP.jpg

Seems like you can play VC games on the controller

You can switch between using the TV and the controller for pretty much everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Seems like you can play VC games on the controller

You can switch between using the TV and the controller for pretty much everything

Only in WiiU mode, not in vWii.

Achilles wrote: »
    Only in WiiU mode, not in vWii.

Ah right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Yeah if the vc game exists on the Wii U eShop, then it will be playable on the Pad. If not, then you're stuck using the wii mote...shudder

Now, I was just playing Zelda MM on the WiiU.
    I first switched to the Wii menu from the WiiU menu.
    I selected the TV&Gamepad display option.
    Once in Wii mode I switched off the TV itself to continue in just Gamepad mode.
    Then, selecting my VC purchase of Zelda MM, and prompted to plug the Classic Controller into the Wiimote, I was playing Majoras Mask on the Gamepad screen.
    Sadly, the game remains as the VC release, perhaps a later version for the WiiU proper will be in 16:9 and use the Gamepad controls, but as it is it's pretty nice.
    Means you can play your VC software library on the Gamepad, with a set of headphones, and other less enlightened folk can watch X Dancing Factor with the Stars, on Ice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Bit of an odd one but I just picked up an xbox 360 hd DVD drive, but there's no power supply with it. Can't seem to find anything online with the specs of the power supply to see if I have one I can use. Anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Internet gnomes suggest its a 12V 2A supply. Few of them on Ebay

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Now, I was just playing Zelda MM on the WiiU.
    I first switched to the Wii menu from the WiiU menu.
    I selected the TV&Gamepad display option.
    Once in Wii mode I switched off the TV itself to continue in just Gamepad mode.
    Then, selecting my VC purchase of Zelda MM, and prompted to plug the Classic Controller into the Wiimote, I was playing Majoras Mask on the Gamepad screen.
    Sadly, the game remains as the VC release, perhaps a later version for the WiiU proper will be in 16:9 and use the Gamepad controls, but as it is it's pretty nice.
    Means you can play your VC software library on the Gamepad, with a set of headphones, and other less enlightened folk can watch X Dancing Factor with the Stars, on Ice

So you can play the older titles on the pad?? I thought they had to be patched at a cost of €1.50 per game or somesuch, & even then, only when it's released on the Wii U vc...

Madness, so you have to enable Wii mode, buy the game form the Wii eshop, in order to play it on the Wii U pad

Space Jam mod, people.

Well, you do now, until its released on the WiiUs own VC, not sure if there'll be an upgrade program, is that the 1.50 program you're talking about?
    I have to say MM looks a bit mushy due to the N64 filters.

Master of the Universe

Was just looking at The Rage's facebook page and they've gotten some nice boxed stuff in over the last while. A PAL Panzer Dragoon Saga on the 14th. Would really like to see how they price that.

Was just looking at The Rage's facebook page and they've gotten some nice boxed stuff in over the last while. A PAL Panzer Dragoon Saga on the 14th. Would really like to see how they price that.

Hmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Would someone please call in and ask how much it is, if it was closer to Jebusday I'd nearly ask for it from Santa!

Master of the Universe

Would someone please call in and ask how much it is, if it was closer to Jebusday I'd nearly ask for it from Santa!

My etimation, €200.

might ask to buy just the outer sleeve, just to see their reaction.

• Advertisement

Better suited to another thread.

Master of the Universe

Anyone see Daniel Day Lewis's 'rapper' son's video? It's hilarious.

'Blaming someone for their dad is just as bad as being racist'

HAHAHAHAHAHA

mother-of-god.jpg

Why do such cool guys has looser sons

Between this chap and Will Smiths son all hope is lost for the future

Anyone see Daniel Day Lewis's 'rapper' son's video? It's hilarious.

'Blaming someone for their dad is just as bad as being racist'

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Jesus Christ...

Master of the Universe

Between this chap and Will Smiths son all hope is lost for the future

Maybe they'll do a duet where they show us the real trauma, horror and despair which comes from being young, rich and privileged. :rolleyes:

'Yo yo, My watch is a Rolex, I trade on the IBEX, I get lots of butt-secks, but I feel like a reject' etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

• Advertisement

Maybe they'll do a duet where they show us the real trauma, horror and despair which comes from being young, rich and privileged. :rolleyes:

'Yo yo, My watch is a Rolex, I trade on the IBEX, I get lots of butt-secks, but I feel like a reject' etc etc.

Man, you are so gifted!
    Snoop O1s1n in da house!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

Does anyone know what the best way to transfer a good amount of money to someone on adverts? As in a way that will give you the most protection.
    I'm planning on making a bid for a computer that I want on it.

megaten wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the best way to transfer a good amount of money to someone on adverts? As in a way that will give you the most protection.

PayPal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

megaten wrote: »

I'm not a big fan of Paypal. But i suppose if you dont mind paying the fees you have some come back should there be a problem.
    Just make sure not to pay via gift or family-friend option. You pay no fees that way but also have basically no come back.

And of course it goes without saying read the persons reviews on adverts etc etc.

I've always found the PayPal buyer protection to be quite good though, it's been a life saver on two occasions.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement