Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

for something that valuable I'd want to collect it in person
    assuming it's that laptop, 66 & 7 buses will get you to Dun Laoghaire in about 90 mins. you might even be lucky enough to be able to agree meeting half way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,271 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Definitely Paypal. I wouldn't send a large sum of money to someone I didn't know any other way.

Paypal dispute have solved all my issues but one (I'd left it too long) - rang my credit card company and they just initiated a chargeback.

Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Man, you are so gifted!
    Snoop O1s1n in da house!

I think I may have missed my calling!! :eek:

'Don't call me a wigger, you just hatin' cos my manhood is bigger, yo your's makes me snigger, clearly yo' wife be nothin' but a gold digger'

/quits job, moves to Compton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Also, if there is a paypal dispute and the other person refuses to respond you automatically win the dispute after a certain amount of time.
    Or at least that how it used to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

Thanks for the replies. It was the surface pro that's up there at the moment but from looking online about it it seems the battery is poor enough and since I'd want it for drawing/painting on the go that's pretty important to me. I think I'll just save up for the surface pro 2.

Master of the Universe

Steve SI wrote: »
    Also, if there is a paypal dispute and the other person refuses to respond you automatically win the dispute after a certain amount of time.
    Or at least that how it used to be.

You do indeed.

As a buyer, you seem to have most of the rights on Paypal. It's when you become a seller that you need to concern yourself with potential issues.

Any time I've received funds into my paypal account I withdraw them instantly. Just in case my account was ever frozen due to a dispute (have heard some horror stories)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

The Ultra Collectors Edition of Dark Souls 2 comes with an interesting addition in Sweden:

YqyoIwMl.jpg

Master of the Universe

Hah! Wear it while playing the game to make it even more difficult :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,893 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Is Sweden some kind of weird gaming utopia? They seem to get some weird stuff no one else gets such as the PAL version of Gimmick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Here's something I'd like to see, A garbage pale kids documentary

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/seantiedeman/30-years-of-garbage-the-garbage-pail-kids-story

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    I think I may have missed my calling!! :eek:

'Don't call me a wigger, you just hatin' cos my manhood is bigger, yo your's makes me snigger, clearly yo' wife be nothin' but a gold digger'

/quits job, moves to Compton.

Then dies....

Actually, I take it back, didn't your beloved Crazy Taxi band The Offspring sing a song about just this kinda thing?
    Pretty Fly for a White Guy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

o1s1n: laying down dope beats since recently :P

Anyone have one of these N64 passport things? Are they any use?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N64_Passport

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Actually, I will have one to trade soon, I have one of these, or something similar, and I'll stick it up for trading once my NTSC N64 touches down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Is Sweden some kind of weird gaming utopia? They seem to get some weird stuff no one else gets such as the PAL version of Gimmick.
    Depends if the games run at PAL full speed.

Just a reminder that there's only 9 days left to enter the secret Santa :)

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057076504/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

want to play this so bad
    japan ya weird freak :L

Actually, I will have one to trade soon, I have one of these, or something similar, and I'll stick it up for trading once my NTSC N64 touches down.

Giz a shout if you're getting rid of it. Have an NTSC N64 game on the way.

Just saw a PS4 in Gamestop Pavilions, bunch of smelly teenagers playing Fifa.
    I have to say, I fail to see the improvement over the previous gen.
    That said, I didnt see amything else demoed there.
    Also, they have a copy of Kirby Superstar Ultra for the DS for around a tenner preowned, an absolute bargain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I got a sealed copy of Kirby Superstar Ultra for €6 some time ago... but then one day but Wife needed a present to give to a nephew/I-Don't-Know and off it went...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just saw a PS4 in Gamestop Pavilions, bunch of smelly teenagers playing Fifa.
    I have to say, I fail to see the improvement over the previous gen.

Well I can never understand the huge deal about the PS4 fifa, I know people getting the console just for that :confused:

Out of all the games pick the the one that has had the same controls for the last X years and doesnt have any notable graphic improvement...just doesnt make sense to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

want to play this so bad
    japan ya weird freak :L

I've seen it a few times I really wanna play it myself

Sera wrote: »
    I've seen it a few times I really wanna play it myself
    Well, I can think of one reason you'd want to.

It's the gameplay, isn't it?

tumblr_mwmhouJwi71qzp9weo1_1280.jpg

Not the safest way to charge your 3ds :L

Maybe it's a modern art installation?

Maybe it was a comparison between the 3DS and Vita that went horribly wrong, with the Vita unable to survive the strain and now dashed on the floor

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I'm guessing Steve_SI and the other Doctor Who fans have already spotted the 50th anniversary game on Google search? Pretty good.

completed it in 15:03

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I'm guessing Steve_SI and the other Doctor Who fans have already spotted the 50th anniversary game on Google search? Pretty good.

I seen the animation but dont have an option to play any game. I'm in a new job and am using IE7 as my browser so maybe it only works on decent browsers and not the abomination that is IE7.

Steve SI wrote: »
    I seen the animation but dont have an option to play any game. I'm in a new job and am using IE7 as my browser so maybe it only works on decent browsers and not the abomination that is IE7.

IE7? That's certainly retro!

I feel sorry for you having to use IE anything. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Am I the only scifi fan that thinks Dr. Who is a pile of steaming turd ? And I'll watch pretty much and crap once its got spaceships in it !!

• Advertisement

Am I the only scifi fan that thinks Dr. Who is a pile of steaming turd ? And I'll watch pretty much and crap once its got spaceships in it !!

Watched some of it as a kid and it was ok, nothing great, same as Blake 7. But I'm not a fan of the reboots these last few years, no idea what all the fuss is about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

You're both heathens. Can't wait for tomorrow. Cosplaying as the doctor and all so I am.

I mean you don't like it and that's fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion. Your opinion is wrong though. :P

Blake's 7 was my favourite thing ever when I was a kid.

Not too sure about the Syfy remake though... apparently it might be going as an xbox series now, which sounds even worse.

Master of the Universe

We're a rare breed man, hiding in the shadows, grumbling every time we see or hear a dalek.

It's one of the major scifi shows I just never liked. I reckon I'm a bit too young to appreciate it.

Although I do love Blake 7 :D

The 'An Adventure in Space & Time' drama that was shown last night was really good.

It's really well done the bit when the Daleks are first introduced.

Master of the Universe

DinoRex wrote: »
    The 'An Adventure in Space & Time' drama that was shown last night was really good.

It's really well done the bit when the Daleks are first introduced.

I was waiting for the Panorama documentary to come on about an elite British terror force in the north during the 70s and was quite confused when 'An Adventure in Space & Time' popped up on my screen. Thought Panorama had lost the plot.

Turns out I had the wrong BBC on :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

PS4 or XBOX ? PS4 had me in knots laughing, XBOX still a bit meh..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ok I haven't been psyched about this next gen at all.

After seeing that PS4 video I have to admit... I'm a little excited about the PS4.

So to show off each console they use Kinect & PS Move? Really?

only next gen i was excited for was the wii u though i will have to end up buying a ps4 for metal gear solid 5 :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

sure many have seen this already today but the Dr Who google doodle/game is a fun little timewaster

https://www.google.ie/

tried out that wii sports hd on the wii u

there is some good fun to be had on the online but my god is laggy as **** :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

So I wasn't intending on getting an xbox1 so early but the excitement of a new gadget got the better of me today.
    I went around and it was sold out everywhere..recession me arse.

I scurried home in disgust after work, fired up all cabs in protest and have been happily jumping from one to another the last four hours.

4pvq.jpg

FUUUUUUU NEXT GEN, we are quite happy living in the past, thanks very much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Doge

I watched an episode with Billie Tyler in it one day, and it was the biggest stinking pile of piss I have ever watched!!!! And that's being polite!

I saw another episode before which was from an older series, the lead character was back in time, and saved a woman with a pram from a Piano falling from a hoist above.

That episode wasnt actually bad, the acting was decent.

Edit: I had a quick google and the character was John Smith that saved the lady from the piano.

Master of the Universe

FUUUUUUU NEXT GEN, we are quite happy living in the past, thanks very much.

Kids these days don't know what they're missing! Your cabs look absolutely gorgeous.

Love that lone soldier of a can sitting in the middle of the floor, almost taunting the Touring Car cab :D

Haa thanks mate, never noticed that beer.
    That high class can of polish beer is praying that the board on that Touring car cab magically springs to live.

I don't ask for much for Xmas Mr Claus..Fook the xbox1 Santa,please let it be so. squeeze down the chimney, eat your fill of mince pies and F**kin fix the Sh1t outta that cab.
    Remember a Cab is for life, not just for Christmas folks

I seem to be having Firefox problems as of late. For some reason, YouTube videos won't load, yet I go to see videos on Blip.tv and they work just fine. It also has problems loading certain images and features on some sites as well. I already uninstalled it once, but that didn't work. So what am I gonna do?

Use chrome? Firefox has some nice add-ons but i find Chrome faster

Yeah try a different browser and see if that changes anything. Also have a look and see if you have any Firefox add ons that might be causing issues.

• Advertisement

Yeah try a different browser and see if that changes anything. Also have a look and see if you have any Firefox add ons that might be causing issues.
    Yeah, I'm using Chrome right now. And I tried disabling the add ons, but that did nothing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement