Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yeah, I'm using Chrome right now. And I tried disabling the add ons, but that did nothing.

Did you turn it on and off again?

Anyone got the new need for speed rivals yet? I Forgot that it was coming out so might get it next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Did you turn it on and off again?
    Did that. Nothing.

Did that. Nothing.

Well in that case, the only thing you can do is throw your PC violently out of the window and set fire to it. It's the only way to fix it I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Well in that case, the only thing you can do is throw your PC violently out of the window and set fire to it. It's the only way to fix it I'm afraid.
    DAMMIT, I didn't realise that you meant turning on and off the PC (jokingly of course). Not turning the add ons on and off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

after turning it on and off, try turning it off and on:)

DAMMIT, I didn't realise that you meant turning on and off the PC (jokingly of course). Not turning the add ons on and off.

Of course! It's the only way to fix any tech issues! That or blowing in the cartridge.

after turning it on and off, try turning it off and on:)

No, that doesn't work :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Another case of getting shafted by off thread dealing on Adverts, seller claimed they were being bombarded by pm so pulled the ad.
    http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/ps2-xbox-gamecube-and-games/4287777

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Another case of getting shafted by off thread dealing on Adverts, seller claimed they were being bombarded by pm so pulled the ad.

Very good deal alright, not surprising you got shafted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,271 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Haa thanks mate, never noticed that beer.
    That high class can of polish beer is praying that the board on that Touring car cab magically springs to live.

I don't ask for much for Xmas Mr Claus..Fook the xbox1 Santa,please let it be so. squeeze down the chimney, eat your fill of mince pies and F**kin fix the Sh1t outta that cab.
    Remember a Cab is for life, not just for Christmas folks

Still no luck with the Touring Car cab? that's really unfortunate :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Doge

643b12a5a60ca6985dc90a8345079aac.600x

Go on Chris you mad bastard!

After reading about 2 lines of his posts, my head feels like it is about to explode. I dear you to finish it.
    to celebrate doctor who being a hundred years old today i have gone and done a picture of him and his main enemy liam the dalek. i really love doctor who because it has got all of the things in it that i love the most like time travelling and shopping and screw drivers and i like doctor who because he always knows what outfits to have a wear of that suit his figure the most and he has got dark brown hair as well and my best doctor who episode is the one when doctor who is in town and he sees liam the dalek and his wife and his 2 children standing outside of marks and spencers and he goes over to them and he says really loudly god i am so thin and he starts smirking at the daleks and then he says oh god i would hate to be as fat as you daleks are and he points at all of the daleks in their faces and the daleks dont even know what to say and they just keep on looking at each other and shrugging their shoulders and then doctor who lifts up his shorts so that they go right above his thighs and he says look how thin my thighs are i bet that you wish you had a thigh gap like this one that i have got and then he lights a cigarette and he blows the smoke in to the wife daleks breathing tube and she starts coughing loads and he does a really deep laugh and he says watch you dont choke and then he walks off and he keeps on turning around and saying so thin and smirking at all of the daleks and i feel quite sorry for liam the dalek because he has been signed off work for almost a year now because of all of the stress that doctor who has caused him and his family but i still think doctor who is good because he always knows how save the day and he has got a kind heart even though he is so obsessed with losing weight and being thin. Chris (Simpsons artist) xox

dr who poster: http://www.picturesthatigoneanddone.com/product/dr-who

1452126_611910048867622_1141692689_n.jpg

1455199_1774923425896234_1492952352_n.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,756 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Watched Computer Chess tonight: undoubtedly the most brilliant film about video games and computer programming I have ever seen. A comedy that never goes the directions you expect it to, shot in the most inspired retro way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Monkeykube wrote: »

Happened to me lots of times, its ridiculous tbh, completely broken system. Some herd of sneaky feckers pming on adverts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

the worst kind of people on adverts are those who after agreeing a deal try to haggle the price lower via PM, they can **** the hell off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Recently I'm seeing more people inviting bids on their items, with the list price being the starting point.
    But the pm'ing nonsense, off thread, really p1sses me off.
    I'm currently buying a camera off a guy and, while it's a bargain, it's not in the "as new" condition seen in the description and the strap, also described in the ad, is missing too.
    I have received the camera but the charger has yet to appear, supposedly on the way, very patchy at answering messages too.
    A pain really and probably won't engage in this sorry of long distance buying again.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Recently I'm seeing more people inviting bids on their items, with the list price being the starting point.

also alot of the "prices are 10-20 euro each" kinda comments.
    if you want to sell you stuff, don't be lazy put actual prices on each one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The sooner Adverts introduce some of the changes mentioned the better, particularly not being able to pm someone until their offer is accepted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Myrddin wrote: »
    The sooner Adverts introduce some of the changes mentioned the better, particularly not being able to pm someone until their offer is accepted

I know it's silly, you make your offer and you wait for acceptance from the seller as you're meant to. Is seems totally acceptable for other users to place a comment and then pm the seller off thread. Think I will list a few games later at low prices and see who sends pm's off thread for the craic, sure what's the worst that could happen.....a ban on Adverts:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

An adverts ban, what would the neighbours say!!!
    The shame, the shame!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

o1s1n wrote: »
    Still no luck with the Touring Car cab? that's really unfortunate :(

Yeah it's a pain...everything working now except for the main board.
    reseated everything and metered every wire.

I'll send it away to be repaired methinks when I get around to it..
    It's just they are a massive 3 tier board!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I was playing Mario64 for a bit last night to test out a new controller I got at a market. Through messing around I ran forward, held z and then pressed B - by accident. In all of the hours I've put into that game over the years I never knew Mario could do a sideways baseball slide. Talk about mind blowing!

Bugger, my Ntsc N64 seems to be dead.
    Going to fiddle with it some more, but the working pal psu isn't giving me life on the new machine.
    So, what now?
    Is there a, hopefully, common and simple problem that results in the N64 not powering up, perhaps an internal fuse?

Bugger, my Ntsc N64 seems to be dead.
    Going to fiddle with it some more, but the working pal psu isn't giving me life on the new machine.
    So, what now?
    Is there a, hopefully, common and simple problem that results in the N64 not powering up, perhaps an internal fuse?

That's odd, perhaps a fuse as you say? The only common problem with the N64 is the joypad ports afaik... Where did you buy this from?

That's odd, perhaps a fuse as you say? The only common problem with the N64 is the joypad ports afaik... Where did you buy this from?

Ebay, no cables or controllers with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Check the memory pack slot, it needs a either a memory module or jumper to work.

I presume it was advertised as working? If it's nothing simple, then contact the seller via ebay, & failing that, raise a dispute with paypal to sort it out. I think in this case you're liable for return postage though :(

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Check the memory pack slot, it needs a either a memory module or jumper to work.

Might be worth reseating too if there's one in there.

Really would love to dig my n64 out, must be close to 10 years since I played the thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Got an Xbox One at the weekend and only got to spend a few hours playing around with it. So far its not bad but there is a lot of "Meh" factor in my eyes when it comes to the interface.
    The graphics are nice for a console to be sure, but if you've been playing on a recent mid to high end graphics card on PC the last couple years then there's nothing new here(graphics wise). Still, for a console the graphics are good(if a bit low in resolution).

So, Xbox One the highlight of my weekend? Nope, I installed a load of new RGB LEDs in my retro man cave to display my consoles a bit better(and nerd up the place in general) and I'm very happy with how it turned out. Thanks IKEA, but damn you could charge a bit less for those Dioder LED kits :)

I expect the Xbox One dash will see regular updates to increase functionality & fix bugs etc, likewise for the PS4. Very underwhelming stuff though in terms of launch lineups, but that's par the course these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I expect the Xbox One dash will see regular updates to increase functionality & fix bugs etc, likewise for the PS4. Very underwhelming stuff though in terms of launch lineups, but that's par the course these days.

Yeah, I knew it wasn't going to knock the socks off me. At the moment I'm looking towards the PS4 as it just seems a better gaming option in the long run (and looks a whole lot prettier than the fat b@stard that is the Xbox One).
    But all that can change over the course of the next year or two as they battle it out.

It should still power on though, you just won't get a picture without a jumper pak.

Steve SI wrote: »
    Yeah, I knew it wasn't going to knock the socks off me. At the moment I'm looking towards the PS4 as it just seems a better gaming option in the long run (and looks a whole lot prettier than the fat b@stard that is the Xbox One).
    But all that can change over the course of the next year or two as they battle it out.

Agreed, as it stands the offerings, while meager, seem better from the PS4. PS+ alone is a no brainer, the seeming commitment to Indie devs, the reportedly higher ceiling in terms of power etc kinda make the PS4 seem like a safer bet. Plus if you've no interest in the tv integration {which won't work too well over here yet given Sky/UPC's current hardware doesn't support hdmi-cec} well then it's all the more reason to go for a straight up game console, over one with DVR-esque features

• Advertisement

Yeah there's nothing on offer from either console at the moment that would make me want to go out and buy one. I think I'll wait until after Christmas and then look at maybe getting a PS4, once all the launch bugs have been sorted.

tbh they both seem very rushed, a year too early imo.

It must have been bit of dirt or something, all systems go and kirby 64 works a treat.
    Thanks for the advice lads, nervous few minutes there!

It must have been bit of dirt or something, all systems go and kirby 64 works a treat.
    Thanks for the advice lads, nervous few minutes there!

You had the socket switched off, just admit it...

Master of the Universe

You had the socket switched off, just admit it...

Ah leave it out, his mind is not what it once was ;)

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    Ah leave it out, his mind is not what it once was ;)

Cidey when he realised the N64 needs to be plugged in to work...

dementia-851.jpg

Master of the Universe

Just came across this, gave me a chuckle. Hope I'm not too arthritic by that stage.

Although I fully expect to be if I'm still using the Playstation D pad at that stage.

funny-old-people-playing-video-games.jpg

Nope, it was the first thing I checked, turn it off and back on again....
    But it works!
    Now to buy something else to play aside from Kirby 64!

Nope, it was the first thing I checked, turn it off and back on again....
    But it works!
    Now to buy something else to play aside from Kirby 64!

Majora's Mask!

What's the story with the Christmas beers, seems to be a relatively quiet response this year, come on people, be social! Meet your heroes! Retr0 isn't half as arrogant and self important in person! ;)

Master of the Universe

If this is early in the month I should be able to make it out. Had a date been picked?

I thinking the first Saturday in December, not sure what the date is, but it should be early enough not to clash with work p1ss ups.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,893 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Retr0 isn't half as arrogant and self important in person! ;)

Ah here, don't blow my cover!

Master of the Universe

I thinking the first Saturday in December, not sure what the date is, but it should be early enough not to clash with work p1ss ups.

Looks to be the 7th of December? You can put me down for that so :)

Weekend of the 7th would suit me fine too.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement