Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'll update the appropriate thread, before the feckin mods get me.... splitters! !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Well this sucks for EUR Xbox fans

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-25-xbox-one-tv-integration-suffers-noticeable-judder-in-uk

Probably will be a brilliant system in the US when all the providers are fully integrated but over here not so much..

Time to start hoovering up the PS3 & 360 cast offs :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'll update the appropriate thread, before the feckin mods get me.... splitters! !

Well if it's the 7th I'll draw the secret santas now then, to give time for people to get gifts or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

11041719373_2423cbb331.jpg

School in china taken a liken to mario :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,271 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Well this sucks for EUR Xbox fans

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-25-xbox-one-tv-integration-suffers-noticeable-judder-in-uk

Probably will be a brilliant system in the US when all the providers are fully integrated but over here not so much..

Time to start hoovering up the PS3 & 360 cast offs :)

RGB cable? :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Turns out the better half was looking into buying me a ps4 or Xbox One, and I said no thanks!
    I'd rather a Retron 5 tbh..... just because....

Just to note the Secret Santa is now closed, if anyone taking part could PM me their addresses so I can forward them on to your Santas, in case they are not going to the beers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Anybody see this- may have been posted before.
    Retro Gaming Website for sale 4k
    http://www.adverts.ie/retail/retro-gaming-website-for-sale/4265389

Loose micro with charger 65 euro, I think The Rage has competition.

Monkeykube wrote: »

Only 88 twitter followers?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Turns out the better half was looking into buying me a ps4 or Xbox One, and I said no thanks!
    I'd rather a Retron 5 tbh..... just because....

went and pre-ordered my Retron 5 tother day off Funstock.
    Their address fields are a bloody nightmare though :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Doge

Loose micro with charger 65 euro, I think The Rage has competition.

I'm no mathematician, but I cannot see €800 worth of stock on that website!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

My arcadeandretro.com domain is a much nicer URL as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,894 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

DinoRex wrote: »
    My arcadeandretro.com domain is a much nicer URL as well.

I'll be around most weekends now to do more podcasts with sarah in tow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

If you could keep me in mind for a podcast or two that'd be awesome! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I'd love to make it up to one aswell, ever a chance ye would do one over Skype or anything?

• Advertisement

Do my eyes deceive me or has our very own Johnny U gone and got a letter published in Edge?
    The second letter with the title "What's in a game?", that is, not the second letter with the title but the second letter and that's it's title...

Anyhow, well done!!

Achilles wrote: »
    If you could keep me in mind for a podcast or two that'd be awesome! :-)

Only if you promise not to speak:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

People are always telling me I've got a great face for radio.

Only if you promise not to speak:D

Charming! :pac:

;) You know i'm only joking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I'm sure if you wear your power ranger gear we'll get the video podcast we've always wanted :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,894 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Do my eyes deceive me or has our very own Johnny U gone and got a letter published in Edge?
    The second letter with the title "What's in a game?", that is, not the second letter with the title but the second letter and that's it's title...

Anyhow, well done!!

I'd say he is very disappointed. He's lost his edge. Last time his letter was worth a 3DS, now it's only worth envy.

Steve SI wrote: »
    I'm sure if you wear your power ranger gear we'll get the video podcast we've always wanted :D

I had no idea you had a spandex fetish... :P

I had no idea you had a spandex fetish... :P

Now you know :D
    spandex3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

spandex

"It's a privilege, not a right"

995HAC_Matthew_Lillard_005.jpg

I too had a letter posted there but won nothing and now I can't even remember the issue it was in :(

If it happened to me I would have had it framed next to my framed 6/10 gunstar heroes review. Never forget!

The closest I got to published letters in a magazine was having a few emails printed in Digitiser back in the day.

Pretty sure I had a letter to Grimlock printed in the Marvel Transformers comic many years ago...

I've never had anything printed. Possibly because I never wrote in/emailed anywhere.

"Dear Die Hard,

You rock.

Especially when that guy was on the roof.

P.S: Do you know Mad Max?"

• Advertisement

Got Fire emblem the day it came out but left it aside to play other games but the last few days I just got sucked in into this universe and its characters.

the emotion I feel through the heap of battle and watch as my troops fight for their lives and the bonds they have later in the game.

So enjoyable.

My game of the year by far

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I thinking the first Saturday in December, not sure what the date is, but it should be early enough not to clash with work p1ss ups.

feck..think its the day after mine...not sure I'll get a pass for 2 days in a row!

Now you know :D
    spandex3.jpg

It almost doubles up as a Rise of the Robots costume!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

omgomgomg Anamanagutchi are coming back to Dublin, raging it's not Limerick but still delighted
    http://m.ticketmaster.co.uk/anamanaguchi-dublin-31-01-2014/event/18004B79A2003E71

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Got Fire emblem the day it came out but left it aside to play other games but the last few days I just got sucked in into this universe and its characters.

the emotion I feel through the heap of battle and watch as my troops fight for their lives and the bonds they have later in the game.

So enjoyable.

My game of the year by far

It's a great game but there's almost too much content and by the end you can get weary. I'd advise you to ignore the skirmish missions (when the enemy appears randomly on the world map) and concentrate on leveling just a core group of units via the story missions. The side missions are usually great though and you should definitely play them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,271 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Sera wrote: »
    omgomgomg Anamanagutchi are coming back to Dublin, raging it's not Limerick but still delighted
    http://m.ticketmaster.co.uk/anamanaguchi-dublin-31-01-2014/event/18004B79A2003E71

Thank feck it's Dublin this time, I can actually go and see them again :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,756 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Great, looking forward to that! My Endless Fantasy USB thingie finally arrived yesterday, coincidentally, had ordered it ages ago!

penev10 wrote: »
    It's a great game but there's almost too much content and by the end you can get weary. I'd advise you to ignore the skirmish missions (when the enemy appears randomly on the world map) and concentrate on leveling just a core group of units via the story missions. The side missions are usually great though and you should definitely play them.

thanks for the tip :D

Wish I could hurry up and get paid. I'm missing out on Mitch-o-magics Neo Geo blowout extravaganza :(

• Advertisement

I went to the trouble of leaving negative feedback for a user on adverts and it was deleted, still can't see why.:confused:

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057091875

What a pile of nonsense.
    Adverts is simply unregulated.
    I think, despite the illusion of organisation, it is ultimately without any rules with consequences, and so people can behave in any number of ways, ways that are simply unfair, without fear of censure or reprimand.
    I guess it's a lesson we all learn, either getting screwed over or a seller/buyer not turning up, an item not as described, caveat emptor.

There might be one person here that can help me. Where the hell can you get the ios Darius Burst soundtrack? Can't find it anywhere or even if there's an album of it.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    There might be one person here that can help me. Where the hell can you get the ios Darius Burst soundtrack? Can't find it anywhere or even if there's an album of it.

I've all the other Darius soundtracks in "digital" form but not the iOS/PSVita version.
    DARIUS Gaiden soundtrack FTW :)
    Perhaps our main Darius fan can track it down.

Edit:
    I have the original DariusBurst soundtrack as well. Is that different from the iOS version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Mandatory Adverts wear...

6shootblack.jpg

Stetson-Hat-Tan.jpg

Yeah the ios version is different. The ios game has the p&p games soundtrack which easy to find but the extra mode soundtrack which is completely different is the one I'm trying to track down.

• Advertisement

Quick question, but is there specific Amiga 500 games or will all Amiga games work on any version? I've to get a present for someone who's looking for Amiga 500 games.

Quick question, but is there specific Amiga 500 games or will all Amiga games work on any version? I've to get a present for someone who's looking for Amiga 500 games.

Most classic Amiga games are aimed at the A500/A600 hardware(most, not all), but AGA games wont work and a lot will require at least 1MB ram(usually says on the box).

Edit:
    Unexpanded Amiga 500 has 512kb ram, Amiga 500+ has 1MB as does the A600.

Oh%20HI!%20I%20upgraded%20your%20Ram.jpg

128489d1175413635-im-your-garage-ram.jpg

13174831087153.jpg

Yes, yes, looks like next month will mark a new milestone for System Memory in PC's:

DDR4 RAM to be released by the end of the year:

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/125180-ddr4-ram-coming-next-month-double-the-speed-triple-the-density-and-20-per-cent-less-power-use-than-ddr3

Upto double the speed, triple the density and 20% less power consumption apparently.

waveform wrote: »

Yes, yes, looks next month will mark a new milestone for System Memory in PC's:

DDR4 RAM to be released by the end of the year:

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/125180-ddr4-ram-coming-next-month-double-the-speed-triple-the-density-and-20-per-cent-less-power-use-than-ddr3

Upto double the speed, triple the density and 20% less power consumption apparently.

The speed increase and other performance will be very nice indeed.
    But I'll be happy, as will my video editing machine with 64GB installed using just 4 dimms (as opposed to 32GB at the moment).

I just hope they make some nice system boards to support the new standard. I'm super fussy when it comes to motherboards and such and it took me a long time to settle on my current "Maximus IV Extreme-Z" one.

The speed increase and other performance will be very nice indeed.
    But I'll be happy, as will my video editing machine with 64GB installed using just 4 dimms (as opposed to 32GB at the moment).

I just hope they make some nice system boards to support the new standard. I'm super fussy when it comes to motherboards and such and it took me a long time to settle on my current "Maximus IV Extreme-Z" one.

What is the highest amount of RAM you have used on the 32GB machine?

Have you ever monitored it to see how far she would go?

Also, I'm guessing you have the Page file disabled for better performance, as you're probably unlikely to ever exceed 32GB usabe?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement