Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Doge

*disregards comments - distracts with DOGE!*

181.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Doge

Achilles wrote: »
    BANNED

.....................................6d7.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,271 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Wow, the PSP really is stupidly easy to softmod now. (you sure weren't lying Retr0!)

Couple of files on an sd card, run and that's it. Almost feels too easy, where's the challenge?! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    where's the challenge?! :D

Deciding whether to bother turning it on or not :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Ah... Glad to see I wasn't crazy when I was talking about a new Alien horror game in the works the other night:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-09-alien-isolation-artwork-leaks-ahead-of-official-reveal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

So the Sega book got funded anyway

I really cannot wait to get a look at this

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/darrenwall/sega-mega-drive-genesis-collected-works/posts/688840?ref=activity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Sitting in a hospital all day (and in and out for last week or so) and was killing some time so decided to register my new(ish)3DS XL system and a few games I had got with it a couple months back(I had them in my "Go Bag" for ages now).
    Anyway, used the iPhone to log in and register and then was happy to find I got a free download of Super Mario 3D Land :). So, set up a wifi link to my iPhone and now downloading the game, hopefully it's decent :0)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Hospital :( Hope it isn't serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Hospital :( Hope it isn't serious.

Cheers, It's not me that's ill.
    But everything looks like it will be fine now, I just need to catch up on a bit of sleep is all :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Steve SI wrote: »
    Cheers, It's not me that's ill.
    But everything looks like it will be fine now, I just need to catch up on a bit of sleep is all :)

Best of luck there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Best of luck there

Yeah seconded, hope whoever it is is feeling well soon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Stop snoring for life ads in my mobile version of Boards, I think she's about to split him open with an axe.
    Atavans "I can get you pregnant" ads are down, maybe he was too successful? ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yeah, I was overbooked. Had to pull the ad because I just couldn't keep up with all the requests!

Hope all is well Steve!

Doom is 20 years old..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,894 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

And Ninja Gaiden is 25.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    And Ninja Gaiden is 25.

Has anyone ever finished it yet ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,894 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I finished the first one recently. I have to admit to using save states for the final boss. It's not that the boss is too difficult, he is a right whore, but there's a bug in the game that sends you back 4 stages if you lose a life on the boss. It was too much bull**** to put up with and meant I couldn't learn his pattern.

It would probably be an easier game than the original Castlevania if not for that final boss bull****.

Master of the Universe

You should use a save state to learn his pattern and then once you have it, try to beat the game normally :)

After suffering the bull**** of Stage 6-3 you'd understand why you'd never want to play it again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Well, how very Boards of you to ignore Doom's 20th (mentioned but ignored) and instead focus on Ninja Gaiden's 25th. Hell, I even made a thread about it on GAF.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=731770

Time is flying alright.
    Before you know you'll have folks whose first console will have been the PS2, or even 360!

Master of the Universe

Probably more fit for Accommodation and Property but...

SALE AGREED! TAKE THAT, RIVAL BIDDER BASTARD!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Next beers is in o1s1n's new house...

The question remains, will there be a pantry and/or gold wallpaper.
    And where are the servants to sleep?

Master of the Universe

No pantry...as of yet. Will most certainly add one on sometime late next year. Jeeves needs a place to sleep :D

Cabs before servants, find room for those before anything else, the help can just sleep in the rain, toughen them up!

Well, how very Boards of you to ignore Doom's 20th (mentioned but ignored) and instead focus on Ninja Gaiden's 25th. Hell, I even made a thread about it on GAF.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=731770

It's just a Wolfenstein clone, really.

DinoRex wrote: »
    It's just a Wolfenstein clone, really.

I thought that was AvP on the Jaguar ;)

I thought that was AvP on the Jaguar ;)

To call AvP a wolfenstein clone is a gross error. It's not even an FPS. It's a real time turn based survival horror rogue-like tag-team jrpg flight sim with survival and FPS elements.

• Advertisement

To call AvP a wolfenstein clone is a gross error. It's not even an FPS. It's a real time turn based survival horror rogue-like tag-team jrpg flight sim with survival and FPS elements.

Wow, mostly I just thought it was sh1te, but your verbose reply was much entertaining, if apocryphal.

You know, you just don't get enough chances to use the words "Sh1te" and "Apocryphal" in a post, and now I've done it twice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Now if only you'd used apocryphal correctly...

:pac:

*legs it*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Thinking of doing a bit of a clear out of some stuff. I've amassed a number of doubles over the 5 or so years I've been collecting and running out of space at this stage. Thing is though I find it hard to get rid of stuff for some reason as I suppose I have a hoarder streak in me. (How do you do it ciderman?) At the same time I'd rather it go to someone who'd use it.

Not sure if this post is asking for advice or just musing :P , but any advice welcome!

Thinking of doing a bit of a clear out of some stuff. I've amassed a number of doubles over the 5 or so years I've been collecting and running out of space at this stage. Thing is though I find it hard to get rid of stuff for some reason as I suppose I have a hoarder streak in me. (How do you do it ciderman?) At the same time I'd rather it go to someone who'd use it.

Not sure if this post is asking for advice or just musing :P , but any advice welcome!

Give it all to me. Unless it's that Spice Girls and Westlife ****e, in that case you can keep it. :-)

I just love this picture.

ht_thumbs_ammo_6_dm_130319_ssh.jpg

Now if only you'd used apocryphal correctly...

:pac:

*legs it*

No, I think I got it right
    rather then a case of "That word, I don't think it means what you think it means"

The new ios and android port being created by the team that ported sonic cd is getting a nice bonus. They are including te hidden palace zone in it

My mother's watching The Fear on TV...and there's this guy dressed as Mario playing a keyboard. Heh?
    The new ios and android port being created by the team that ported sonic cd is getting a nice bonus. They are including te hidden palace zone in it
    And from what I heard, the guy wants to port those versions to consoles once he's done with Sonic 2 iOS. I can only hope that 3 and Knuckles come sooner rather than later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

No, I think I got it right
    rather then a case of "That word, I don't think it means what you think it means"

"of doubtful authenticity, although widely circulated as being true."

Though you could say that Retr0 is widely circulated, and that statement would be apocryphal... :D

"of doubtful authenticity, although widely circulated as being true."

Though you could say that Retr0 is widely circulated, and that statement would be apocryphal... :D

I believe it's being used in the sense of being 'non-canonical' but in this case it's Alien franchise that it's apocryphal to as opposed to the gospel.

Such grammar
    Much confusion
    So teach

Actually, I was referring to Retr0s own statements, rather the game.
    The Aliens canon has disappeared up it's own back passage.
    Retr0 has been saying dubious things for years, like the ugliness about Zelda on the CDi

And that Ghosts'n'Goblins kickstarter has now been cancelled due to copyright infringement.

Crazy that they thought they could get away with it.

Does that mean that I can almost get away with starting my own kickstarter to fund Shenmue III?

• Advertisement

Achilles wrote: »
    Does that mean that I can almost get away with starting my own kickstarter to fund Shenmue III?

Sure no one at Sega cares anymore, so I say go for it!
    Plus, if you succeed there are countless Sega fanbois who'll have your babies, if they had a uterus

Plus, if you succeed there are countless Sega fanbois who'll have your babies, if they had a uterus

And if they do have an issue with it you can make slight changes. Sailors are in the public domain so they can't touch you for that. Just as long as it's not Popeye the Sailor, in that case you have to invent Mario.

DinoRex wrote: »
    And if they do have an issue with it you can make slight changes. Sailors are in the public domain so they can't touch you for that. Just as long as it's not Popeye the Sailor, in that case you have to invent Mario.

My name is Ray Cadzookie, can you tell me where the sailors like to hang out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f255/RevolverLink/Gifs/2v0mmu0.gif

this is sadly true

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,758 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The original Fallout games (1, 2, Tactics) are all free on GOG for the next day or so if anyone's interested!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement