Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

this is sadly true

Let me help you out....

2v0mmu0.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Doge

The original Fallout games (1, 2, Tactics) are all free on GOG for the next day or so if anyone's interested!

I actually downloaded these the last time they were available free on GOG. never actually played them though! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

MY GOD! The potential for such a game in THREE DEE!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

MY GOD! The potential for such a game in THREE DEE!

I played it when it was out in the arcades, back in '89.
    A mere boy I was at 17, the young Ciderman stalked the arcades after college, looking for girls with all their own teeth great games to play.
    In an arcade on Bachelors Walk, near the bridge, they had a full size articulated cab of Galaxy Force II, and it was awesome! :pac:
    I didn't get back to the arcade for a couple weeks, but when I did the cab was gone :(
    I remember looking forward to the Megadrive version but reviews were terrible and I never bothered.
    I must get this one asap!
    Turn Nostalgia up to 11! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,271 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Anyone else find this hilarious. Everyone was waiting for Snes titles to appear in 3D and Sega have trumped them instead :D

Will be downloading this the moment it's available. Thank feck it's the arcade version, the Megadrive one is dreadful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Nintendo can't even be bothered to give us Super Metroid without burned in German subtitles, let alone in 3D.

Would look amazing if they used similar techniques that Sega are using.

DinoRex wrote: »
    Nintendo can't even be bothered to give us Super Metroid without burned in German subtitles, let alone in 3D.

Would look amazing if they used similar techniques that Sega are using.

Bloody hell,
    I think it would be trouser custard time if they released a 3d Super Metroid.
    A 3d Metroid Prime Trilogy might finish me altogether.

http://flash.sonypictures.com/movies/theamazingspiderman2/microsite/electroarrives/theamazingspiderman_pressrelease_1212.pdf
    SONY PICTURES ENTERTAINMENT TO EXPAND THE SPIDER-MAN UNIVERSE ON
    SCREEN WITH ALL-STAR WRITING TEAM

Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Jeff Pinkner, Ed Solomon, and Drew Goddard to
    Collaborate with
    Marc Webb and Producers Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach
    on Developing the Universe and Expanding the Story in
    “The Amazing Spider-Man 3,” “Venom,” and “The Sinister Six”.
    *bangs head on table*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

o1s1n wrote: »
    Anyone else find this hilarious. Everyone was waiting for Snes titles to appear in 3D and Sega have trumped them instead :D

Will be downloading this the moment it's available. Thank feck it's the arcade version, the Megadrive one is dreadful.

I grabbed this yesterday. Not put much time into it but the 3D effect is decent.

Master of the Universe

They're also doing a 3D Shinobi III and 3D Streets of Rage???

Iffem_shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

• Advertisement

3d Streets of Rage?
    Hey, if I wanted to see dung in 3D I'd check the toilet bowl after pinching off a log!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    3d Streets of Rage?
    Hey, if I wanted to see dung in 3D I'd check the toilet bowl after pinching off a log!

You upset me ever so....:(

Master of the Universe

You upset me ever so....:(

Joke's on him, SOR 2 was running full blast in his attic last weekend - much to everyone's enjoyment :D

Picked up Galaxy Force II and Ecco. They really do look great. It's like Galaxy Force was made for 3D.

The sooner someone hacks this 3D engine and gets it running with other roms the better! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

o1s1n wrote: »
    Joke's on him, SOR 2 was running full blast in his attic last weekend - much to everyone's enjoyment :D

Picked up Galaxy Force II and Ecco. They really do look great. It's like Galaxy Force was made for 3D.

The sooner someone hacks this 3D engine and gets it running with other roms the better! :)

That fecking arcade stick... jesus...

Master of the Universe

Achilles wrote: »
    That fecking arcade stick... jesus...

That was your Ciderman imposed penance for playing SOR 2 :D

Theres a CEX opening in Cork very soon for the first time,
    just walked passed and saw them putting up the shelving!

I know quite a few of you guys have purchased many GETS! in the CeX in Dublin.

Do you find it reasonably priced?

Even for other items besides games?

I played it when it was out in the arcades, back in '89.
    A mere boy I was at 17, the young Ciderman stalked the arcades after college,

Boy me hole! Another year and you were legal drinknig age. :p

Surprised your only in your mid 40s though, i expected you to be in your 50s from all the slagging! :D

waveform wrote: »
    Boy me hole! Another year and you were legal drinknig age. :p

Surprised your only in your mid 40s though, i expected you to be in your 50s from all the slagging! :D

Well, when I was a mere boy I got to play a bit of Pong on a neighbours Binatone.
    Ah yes, you think the Commodore/Sinclair, Sega/Nintendo, Sony/MS console rivalry is where it's at? Try Binatone Vs Ingersoll!
    And if I look or sound like I'm in my 50s is down to the stress of moderating you shower, maybe a little to do with the day job. ..

Well, when I was a mere boy I got to play a bit of Pong on a neighbours Binatone.
    Ah yes, you think the Commodore/Sinclair, Sega/Nintendo, Sony/MS console rivalry is where it's at? Try Binatone Vs Ingersoll!
    And if I look or sound like I'm in my 50s is down to the stress of moderating you shower, maybe a little to do with the day job. ..

I bet yourself and William Higinbotham used to play the hell out of that Tennis game on the oscilloscope :)

• Advertisement

They were the days, and then the early adopters jumped and bought a PDP-1, the launch game was Spacewar .... poor feckers, some bought two....
    I just waited for the PDP-12, that's where the cool kids were at ;)

I actually forgot that Misty was into Jesus.

98a.jpg

Though, I'm pretty certain that these are the songs she listens to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

poor feckers, some bought two....

Ah come on now, leave Steve alone:P

Not games related but had to post this though, he likes his models:eek:
    1467463_10151880798642153_827025314_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Dat Star Destroyer :eek:

So LttP finally makes it to the Wii U VC...in 50Hz :rolleyes: Are all the VC releases in 50Hz yeah?

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Ah come on now, leave Steve alone:P

Not games related but had to post this though, he likes his models:eek:
    1467463_10151880798642153_827025314_n.jpg

Holy sweet pants splurge!!
    Where can I get one of those??

• Advertisement

Steve SI wrote: »

It's probably scratch built, I don't know of any Star Destroyer kits that size

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I grabbed it off fb, no luck finding its source though:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

waveform wrote: »
    Theres a CEX opening in Cork very soon for the first time,
    just walked passed and saw them putting up the shelving!

I know quite a few of you guys have purchased many GETS! in the CeX in Dublin.

Do you find it reasonably priced?

Even for other items besides games?

They're a bit of a retro haven in the UK, depending on the operator. The oldest I've seen'em stock here is PS2/GCN. They're grand enough, prices are fair, but when they get a rarity, it's gonna be properly priced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Steve SI wrote: »

It's probably from an episode of art attack. All you need is some card, a scissors and PVA glue!

I can imagine the notice going around the craft,
    Notice To All Imperial Personnel,
    When you leave a room please turn off the light,

The Empire
    We're Evil
    And Green

• Advertisement

Monkeykube wrote: »
    I grabbed it off fb, no luck finding its source though:(

I reverse image searched it - http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=53308

The non-lit version on ebay :eek: - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Destroyer-Randy-Cooper-3FT-Pro-Build-Model-Kit-Star-Wars-NON-LIGHTED-/111052385357

Got to wonder what all those little rooms are for and why they need windows.

Is there a lot of admin work to get through on a Star Destroyer?

I can imagine the notice going around the craft,
    Notice To All Imperial Personnel,
    When you leave a room please turn off the light,

The Empire
    We're Evil
    And Green
    You're talking about Kaientai, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

You're talking about Kaientai, right

INDEED!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

https://www.facebook.com/Oxendales?sk=app_451684954848385&brandloc=DISABLE&app_data=dlt-1

Anyone here thats on facebook can you please do a massive favor and vote for my daughter in this comp.

The title of the pic is Santa!!!!!!!!! and she is in 6th atm by one vote

5th gets a new kettle and toaster which would be quite handy

4th is a George Forman grill which would be even better

Please vote for us please.

I promise not to mention Repton again if you do :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Sparks43 wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/Oxendales?sk=app_451684954848385&brandloc=DISABLE&app_data=dlt-1

Anyone here thats on facebook can you please do a massive favor and vote for my daughter in this comp.

The title of the pic is Santa!!!!!!!!! and she is in 6th atm by one vote

5th gets a new kettle and toaster which would be quite handy

4th is a George Forman grill which would be even better

Please vote for us please.

I promise not to mention Repton again if you do :D

Is it too late? "This offer starts has ended" whatever that means. :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,894 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Spider-man-opens-window.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Snip

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,758 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I loved that episode of Power Rangers...

....wait a sec

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

So I just found out my girlfriend has been snooping around the A&R section of boards looking for tips on what to get me

Anyone get any suspect PMs?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,894 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ah right, so that's who I recommended getting Rise of the Robots for the gameboy for you!

So I just found out my girlfriend has been snooping around the A&R section of boards looking for tips on what to get me

Anyone get any suspect PMs?

Yep, I told her you'd love this 1:24 scale model of the Pork Chop Express - http://www.therpf.com/f11/big-trouble-little-china-porkchop-express-1-24-complete-160653/

I cant wait! Hope the Brian May soundtrack translates well to gameboy
    Myrddin wrote: »
    Yep, I told her you'd love this 1:24 scale model of the Pork Chop Express - http://www.therpf.com/f11/big-trouble-little-china-porkchop-express-1-24-complete-160653/

That is amazing!

I cant wait!

Actually it does look amazing, I think it's a custom build based on an existing truck model

Yeah must be...still very impressive, its 100% screen accurate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Happened by pure chance to get talkin to a guy tonight who worked for atari in tipp in the eighties, he noticed my hoodie with an atari patch and came over to chat, says he may have some stuff still back in his home house in tipp, i hope this isnt another one of those false leads to retro goodness...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I've been offered an xbox one for a decent price. I'm kinda tempted but not really, but kinda. Someone talk some sense into me :P

• Advertisement

Is "decent price" less than the rrp? Otherwise don't bother, seriously

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement