Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,895 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Looking forward to picking it up too. Wish it'd been released on 3DS too - games like that are better suited to handhelds I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,271 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I noticed a 3DS game shaped package appeared under the christmas tree yesterday.

Hopefully my hints 'Link' and 'Green' weren't misinterpreted.

pebble.jpg

Leecar.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Some Palm Springs CD-i goodness?

mJ54wDTxScHtszoo64uPU2w.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Seen a couple of copies of PS4 Killzone in the pre-owned bin in Smiths Navan yesterday, didn't take'm long to blast thru that one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Maybe she'll get you some accessories to go along with...
    3960569-md.jpg

Master of the Universe

Now wouldn't that be fetching!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nothing says manly like an argyle tank top and a pair of slacks tucked into your socks, da chicks dig that stuff, even more than da nomadz... which is nice

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Nothing says manly like an argyle tank top and a pair of slacks tucked into your socks, da chicks dig that stuff, even more than da nomadz... which is nice

That's what I wear whenever I slap PGA II into the megadrive..
    Actually ...in one of the recent tiger woods games, your avatar could wear whatever you wanted ..EXCEPT when you were playing Augusta , which enforced their dress code ..ON THE GAME!, and you had to wear a members jacket....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,895 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Seems the game I worked on is up on the App store:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/harrys-magic-tables/id756846884?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D2

Wish I was getting money for it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Seems the game I worked on is up on the App store:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/harrys-magic-tables/id756846884?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D2

Wish I was getting money for it!

Fair play to ya. Nothing to do with you but the picture of the kid (Harry?) - the way they drew his teeth makes him look like a vampire! :p

Was that new job you started in programming too? What kind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

You build in the konami code ?

Nope, I'm working as a lecturer in chemistry and biology now. Only covering maternity leave though, would love if it was permanent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Nope, I'm working as a lecturer in chemistry and biology now.

kd9gxCu.jpg

• Advertisement

You build in the konami code ?

I wanted too, in the end we didn't have time :)

Dr Bob wrote: »
    That's what I wear whenever I slap PGA II into the megadrive..
    Actually ...in one of the recent tiger woods games, your avatar could wear whatever you wanted ..EXCEPT when you were playing Augusta , which enforced their dress code ..ON THE GAME!, and you had to wear a members jacket....

I wonder, if attention to detail is EAs thing, if in their classic course edition, they allow only white male player characters to play on the courses. Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden and all that

Master of the Universe

Nope, I'm working as a lecturer in chemistry and biology now. Only covering maternity leave though, would love if it was permanent

Even if it is a maternity cover, that's some damn fine experience to stick on your CV.

Who knows, maybe you'll escape Sauron's grasp in the near future ;)

o1s1n wrote: »
    Even if it is a maternity cover, that's some damn fine experience to stick on your CV.

Who knows, maybe you'll escape Sauron's grasp in the near future ;)

Of you can get Atavan up there for the weekend he could do you a solid and get a whole lot more maternity leave to come your way.

Also, just looked for walking directions from the Shire to Mordor in Google maps and got the classic reply, I know it's an old one but it was worth it for a chuckle

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,758 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I know Edge has its critics around here, but I laughed aloud at their awarding of 'Best 3DO game of the year' to Lococycle!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I know Edge has its critics around here, but I laughed aloud at their awarding of 'Best 3DO game of the year' to Lococycle!

3DO? :confused:

Is the Dark Souls 2 article anygood? See you had another letter printed in the previous issue? :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Andrew76 wrote: »
    See you had another letter printed in the previous issue? :cool:

tumblr_m9jhuxDCxi1rp5220o1_1280.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

I'm still shocked at how terrible it looks. Ridge Racer 7 looks better, for god's sake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Megaman_retro_3D_by_cezkid.gifRetro_Mario_in_3D_flavor_by_cezkid.gifLink_from_the_Past_by_cezkid.gif

Wow, that's the most awesome thing I've seen today, thanks Steve!

Wow, that's the most awesome thing I've seen today, thanks Steve!

Contra_3D_by_cezkid.gif8_bit_3d__sonic_by_cezkid-d2udkzl.gif

cezkid over on deviantart does them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Doge

Awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Mr. Waveform. You are a man (or woman :D) who likes synths yes?

Dreamcast 2 :)

ku-xlarge.gif
    ku-xlarge.gif

Pure awesomeness :D:D

Make sure to watch the video in the link :)
    http://kotaku.com/to-hell-with-these-new-consoles-give-me-a-dreamcast-2-1486719877

• Advertisement

Here's a holiday gift for your wife:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Someone should stick that on the PS4 vs Xbox One thread in the games forum, they could do with a dose of reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

http://kotaku.com/sports-experts-on-hbo-laugh-at-esports-1486477124?autoplay=1

What ye make of this?

Last time I checked football and all those things were also called games aswell

http://kotaku.com/sports-experts-on-hbo-laugh-at-esports-1486477124?autoplay=1

What ye make of this?

Last time I checked football and all those things were also called games aswell

not-sure-if-male-of-female.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

waveform wrote: »
    not-sure-if-male-of-female.jpg

Whatever it is I'm pretty sure they have a bit of extra testosterone lying around

There's a Game Center CX special of Arino challenging NES Remix and getting humiliated by children.

Torrent link:

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=504343

"Do you guys have any statistics on how many of those people go to Star Trek conventions?".

Ugh... feck off. I thought this was 2013? The quicker those kinds of attitudes die out the better.

Anyway in other news I finally found a decent use for my Kinect whilst cleaning up tonight:
    1511377_10203015569932985_1170552559_n.jpg

Lads I'm going to use parcel motel for the first time and have a lickle query.
    How does payment work?

Do you top up your PM account with €3.50 first, and then order?

They actually don't really make thus clear on the site, in fact there's no mention of it in the video!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Lads I'm going to use parcel motel for the first time and have a lickle query.
    How does payment work?

Do you top up your PM account with €3.50 first, and then order?

They actually don't really make thus clear on the site, in fact there's no mention of it in the video!

You can do that, or if you just link a card to your account, it'll take the €3.50 when they receive it.

You can do that, or if you just link a card to your account, it'll take the €3.50 when they receive it.

Thanks for the confirmation man!
    No retro goodness on order, just some stuff from Amazon.
    I'm only saving a few euro but I reckon it will get here faster than going through An Post, especially at this time of year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Thanks for the confirmation man!
    No retro goodness on order, just some stuff from Amazon.
    I'm only saving a few euro but I reckon it will get here faster than going through An Post, especially at this time of year.

Yep. It's hugely faster. Stuff will even arrive on a Saturday.

Some of those later stars in Mario Galaxy are a beetch.
    That Dreadnaught level is a stinker.
    Need another 9 stars though before that spaceship gets powered up.
    Exciting times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Some of those later stars in Mario Galaxy are a beetch.
    That Dreadnaught level is a stinker.
    Need another 9 stars though before that spaceship gets powered up.
    Exciting times.

Thats on my Christmas 'to finish' list. Finished Skyway sword today, it was excellent, although getting the hylian shield was a bit of a chore I loved it from start to finish. :)

Galaxy I'm sure I have a lot done but looking forward to diving in again :)

I've barely looked at Skyward Sword, not even got into the first dungeon.
    I bought it, my Wii died and, even though I bought another Wii a short time later, I never went back to it.
    My son is some distance into it, though he's since been distracted by OoT on the 3ds.

• Advertisement

So, the buttons on my Vectrex controller seem to have stopped working.
    The stick is fine but not a jot out of the four buttons.
    Any ideas round these parts?

When I saw this it reminded me of Avatan:

0QpErWK.png

So, the buttons on my Vectrex controller seem to have stopped working.
    The stick is fine but not a jot out of the four buttons.
    Any ideas round these parts?

No idea how those are built but would assume they are like a lot of other controllers. Disassemble it and check the rubber button contact parts are not rotten. Check and clean the pcb and reflow the solder if needed. Might just be dull dry solder.

I'd say someone must sell spares somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

STG.Otaku wrote: »

Another job for Kerbdog then, hope Ciderman got him something nice for Christmas.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement