Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,895 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I just received my secret Santa. I now own the worst version of the worst game ever made. I'll put pictures up later.

Also got a package I was waiting for 3 months from playasia. What ever happened to it I ended up getting stung by customs. I'd say it got lost and then eventually sent by a courier who decided to hand it in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I just received my secret Santa. I now own the worst version of the worst game ever made. I'll put pictures up later.

Also got a package I was waiting for 3 months from playasia. What ever happened to it I ended up getting stung by customs. I'd say it got lost and then eventually sent by a courier who decided to hand it in.

Hope you enjoyed it!!! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Judas Priest!
    They didn't port Legend of the Dragoon to the CDi did they??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I wont spoil it but I think I picked him a winner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Spent the day recording a bunch of Lets Plays for arcadeandretro.com

Hope to have some up over the xmas.

Tried to do Toki again, but I rage quit on the 4th level at the bit with the giant flying monkey head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I see Yakuza Dead Souls is 9.52 on playasia , if any of you have not have the chance to pick up this game yet i highly recommend you do ,, especially on that price its absolute bonkers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I see Yakuza Dead Souls is 9.52 on playasia , if any of you have not have the chance to pick up this game yet i highly recommend you do ,, especially on that price its absolute bonkers

Hmm, tempting!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Great fun to be had rattling cages on the Games forum.
    Sorry Retr0 and Johnny U :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Great fun to be had rattling cages on the Games forum.
    Sorry Retr0 and Johnny U :)

Now now play nicely :)

Have a spare €1000 anyone got a PS4 to sell ?

Now now play nicely :)

Have a spare €1000 anyone got a PS4 to sell ?

Hmm, I could buy one for €700 and flip it to you for a grand, make a cool €300, slip the mods a few bob to look the other way, and I'm a mod so I'm paying myself!
    What's not to like!

• Advertisement

CEX on Liffey Street has a Ps4 in the window. Xbox One too!

How much I wonder?
    Would they accept a slightly used Ngage and a copy of Rise of the Robots as full exchange?

Think it was €550 for the PS4... wonder what some poor sod traded it in for...

Apologies, I shouldn't be dragging stuff over from another forum, post deleted and I'd appreciate the topic being dropped here.
    If peeps have an opinion, just drop into the appropriate thread on the Games forum itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Doge

STG.Otaku wrote: »

Bookmarked! Button 4 is not as responsive as the others, so I might open it up someday!

Just got the Toki Let's Play uploaded.

Think we have most of the technical hitches of recording ironed out now, so we'll hopefully get better at it and be doing more in future. Anyone is welcome to come along if they want to get involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

waveform wrote: »
    Bookmarked! Button 4 is not as responsive as the others, so I might open it up someday!

Good man. Enjoy!

Btw got this today, arrived at work after I left though so can't collect it until Monday. :(

TopView.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,895 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

DinoRex wrote: »
    Just got the Toki Let's Play uploaded.

Think we have most of the technical hitches of recording ironed out now, so we'll hopefully get better at it and be doing more in future. Anyone is welcome to come along if they want to get involved.

Toki still gives me nightmares.

Decided to have a drink In a festive cup. Happy Christmas y'all!

BFB3BACA-5AA7-46E4-B997-C4A29FBF2B82_zpsnshwtemf.jpg

• Advertisement

Good man. Enjoy!

Btw got this today, arrived at work after I left though so can't collect it until Monday. :(

TopView.jpg

Movie making, music, you're not JJ Abrams are you?
    No, not enough lens flare...
    Maybe John Carpenter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Hope everyone enjoys themselves today

Here is a photo of the beach I was walking my dog on this morning. Happy Christmas!

FxnSkGe.jpg

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Movie making, music, you're not JJ Abrams are you?
    No, not enough lens flare...
    Maybe John Carpenter?

It's an awesome synth! Going to look at running it through an EH Memory Boy Deluxe pedal in the new year. I've installed a Miditribe in to my Monotribe too (cue Xzibit meme) so it can control that as well. Should get some awesome sounds!

It is odd though, the minibrute is more expensive yet the microbrute has more features. The patch matrix is what really makes it worthwhile though.

By the way, I finished remastering a couple of STG OST's so will post some soon! :)

And because I've got literally nothing better to do today here's another 'Let's Play' we did, this time with Retr0:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Doge

Good man. Enjoy!

TopView.jpg

Didn't know you're a synth head too! Got any other nice gear?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Anyone know if cfw can be installed on psp street E1003? Pro b2 permanent.

Before I brick my wifes nephews santa present!

Gbatemp seems to be a great site for that type of information, the Go was the one that provided the hiccups AFAIK.
    But check with Gbatemp, just in case.

All PSP's can be hacked. The PSP has been hacked wide open.

waveform wrote: »
    Didn't know you're a synth head too! Got any other nice gear?

Yep. Have a small collection:

Arturia SparkLE
    Arturia Minilab
    Maschine Mikro 2
    Launchkey 61
    Monotribe with Miditribe
    Rok It G2 R5's
    Arturia Microbrute

Had the Korg Microkorg but sold it. I'd love a Prophet 12!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

All PSP's can be hacked. The PSP has been hacked wide open.

Yeah. Just going from memory I thought there was a model or two that were troublesome. As cidey mentioned it seems the psp go falls into that bracket.

• Advertisement

Yeah. Just going from memory I thought there was a model or two that were troublesome. As cidey mentioned it seems the psp go falls into that bracket.

PSP Go is also hacked and very easy to do. All it takes is a file on the memory stick and then running it. So simple. It's the same for all models.

The security codes for the PSP were leaked meaning there's no real way of stopping it.

I had no issue with putting CFW on my psp go myself. Simple as popping a file onto it and off you go.

I must have a look at it again, the Go gave me all sorts of trouble, my PC wouldn't recognise it a lot of the time.
    And so it has gotten very little use indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Merry Christmas everyone! :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Seen that on YT earlier :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

No power again so really living retro....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

http://streaming.media.ccc.de/saal2/native/hq/

Talk on the progress of wiiu hacking on now for anyone that is interested

Sparks43 wrote: »
    http://streaming.media.ccc.de/saal2/native/hq/

Talk on the progress of wiiu hacking on now for anyone that is interested

Oh no, it's failoverflow & the stream is called "u fail it"...I fear for the Wii U now...

Cant understand why they are doing this surely nintendo will patch any exploit they reveal.:confused:

Cant understand why they are doing this surely nintendo will patch any exploit they reveal.:confused:

Unless it's something really low level that's not patch-able, as unlikely as that may be. They said it took them a month to break open the Wii U

• Advertisement

They've gotten full access using the Virtual Wii mode, a 'design flaw' not an error apparently...

Lol

Warrenty is now void

Applause :pac:

Very interesting so far

Some serious knowledge on display there, I don't profess to understand a lot of what they're talking about, but jeez, they're talented folks

Boot0 keys dumped....uh oh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Myrddin wrote: »
    Some serious knowledge on display there, I don't profess to understand a lot of what they're talking about, but jeez, they're talented folks

Whatever about the potential dodgy side of things that it can lead to, respect to the people who can crack hardware/software like that. It's great to see that sort of ability.

A bit of a weird ending to it. They've broken most of the Wii U's security, leaving a bit more work to do. They then said they lost interest in it somewhat, & touched on how with modern systems, homebrew becomes more difficult while pirating games becomes easier...& they started to wonder was there any point continuing.

I wonder if they'll bother going any further with it, personally I hope they don't. Most of the regulars here will know I was big into console modding, but I'm not really into modding newer consoles at all, there's just no point. It's true that homebrew gets far more complicated, while enabling game play via hdd etc gets more trivial, & that can be seen directly with the PS3 & 360 homebrew scenes...they're awful, & just riddled with loaders etc.

Console modding is fun when you can get a console to do things normally locked out, like disabling region locks, or even simply enabling different display modes like 60Hz. Hacking a console to conect a hard drive filled with pirated games though? No thanks. And as such, I'm delighted to see the Wii U lives to fight another day, & full respect to those chaps for that kind of consideration.

So basically they can crack it but are not interested in helping out pirates.

Would love to see a Homebrew Channel U for media streaming and a disk to hdd ripper as we had for wii backups.

Dont think Ninty will be too worried after that but we shall see

So basically they can crack it but are not interested in helping out pirates.

More or less yeah. But he also mentioned there's other devices coming out like the Steam Box, which will be far more versatile etc.
    Would love to see a Homebrew Channel U for media streaming and a disk to hdd ripper as we had for wii backups.

I'm glad there's not. There's hardware functions they discovered in the Wii U that would allow a sandbox will full access to the hardware, leaving the Ninty side & DRM untouched. I think this is the route console makers should be going, as it would make hacking the console pointless, yet giving you full homebrew access, but keeping everything else safe. Not a hope you'd see Ninty doing this though unfortunately
    Dont think Ninty will be too worried after that but we shall see

The stream lagged when they were explaining the boot chain & chain of trust, so I'm not sure how changeable this is, but I'd expect them to take notice

I'm not terribly interested in modding the likes of the WiiU.
    I have enough machines that can run Megadrive and SNES stuff now, and an Xbox that streams for me.
    It'd be great, that said, to stream to my WiiU gamepad, well interesting anyways.

Would it be possible to play DVDs on the WiiU I wonder, via a homebrew app? That would be cool.

• Advertisement

I'm in two minds about the WiiU being cracked. Firstly it will definitely destroy the WiiU market. Third parties are very coy about releasing games on the system, this would totally kill it like it did on the DS and the WiiU is only just over a year old.

On the other hand, screw nintendo for region locking it. If it wasn't region locked there's be no reason to hack it. It's worse for the 3DS.

I'd like to see the guys return to their work but at a much later date after the WiiU is no longer a viable console.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement