Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

#pikachuOnesieTwerk

#YesYouAreJealous.

91013F23-41B4-4865-ADCF-D18223E5E324_zpshhbvnn0g.jpg

I can't stop.

And I won't stop.

And with that u bid got a good night and a happy new usage. Peace out!

#twerktwerktwerk

Love yis all. <333333333

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

And he's back!
    No probs with the posts.
    And nice to see someone here has what can objectively be called a fun social life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Are Virtual Console games cross platform? I downloaded Megaman II on Wii, I was wondering if it would also be playable in 3DS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Is it possible to block people from commenting on your ads on Adverts? That tool flexymoon is such a waste of space, i even knew before i posted up stuff for sale he would be along wasting my time. At least on ebay you can block timewasters

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm sure you can, being the subject of blocking myself in the past :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Easy done actually, report one of his comments and ya get a block user option. Good stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Look what arrived today:

XPyCvjRl.jpg

Any little thing to keep me going until March!

I see there's nifty coloured 3DS XL charging cradles new on Club Nintendo.
    5 different varieties.
    Pity they are a most pointless accessory for a device, for those gamers who find the act of plugging in a charging cable too taxing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I see there's nifty coloured 3DS XL charging cradles new on Club Nintendo.
    5 different varieties.
    Pity they are a most pointless accessory for a device, for those gamers who find the act of plugging in a charging cable too taxing.

Yeah seen them. Wish they'd release a damned Snes styled Wii U pad!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Funny, considering that Ken Kuturagi was hyping the PSP to be the Walkman of gaming.

I'm just after finishing my first Wii game- House of The Dead: Overkill. That was a hell of a lot of craic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I had my lady playing Rapunzel over the weekend. Its the game in the bar in Catherine.

Dark Souls next I assume
    Has she tried the main game? It's nuts, and frustrating as hell sometimes, but I loved it!
    deathrider wrote: »
    I'm just after finishing my first Wii game- House of The Dead: Overkill. That was a hell of a lot of craic!
    Fantasticly fun game, it's just nuts and revels in that! That ending though... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

following on from the ps4 profiteering

http://www.adverts.ie/games/brand-new-xbox-games/4584413

were €5 each in Tesco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ohh I didn't realise that those Tesco sales had made it over here. Would have gone to pick stuff up.

Are they all gone now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

:mad: GTA was €10 in my local Tesco last week.

GTA was a fiver in Nutrgrove, I know because I got it there myself
    was the last one, so probably the one he missed :D

Achilles, I'd say everything bar the old PES games is gone at this stage, another branch had LA Noire, Sims 3 & one of the Layton games too, but they're long gone too.

• Advertisement

My local Tesco mostly has PS2 games for €50 a pop.

DinoRex wrote: »
    My local Tesco mostly has PS2 games for €50 a pop.

Clarehall?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

GTA was a fiver in Nutrgrove, I know because I got it there myself
    was the last one, so probably the one he missed :D

haha i traded it in just after xmas in smyths and got 32 euro for it store credit!

Clarehall?

Yep. Lots of movie tie in games for Lord of the Rings if my memory serves me correctly.

keithgeo wrote: »
    haha i traded it in just after xmas in smyths and got 32 euro for it store credit!

it's EFLC, not GTA V

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

ah haha that explains that!

• Advertisement

DinoRex wrote: »
    Yep. Lots of movie tie in games for Lord of the Rings if my memory serves me correctly.

I'ce had my eye on Soul Calibur III for near 7 years now... just waiting for it to drop from €50 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I have Soul Calibur in my local tesco aswell so no need to fight over it

Fantasticly fun game, it's just nuts and revels in that! That ending though... :eek:

It really does. It's totally bat-sh*t crazy, but it knows it. The ending and final boss weren't as mental as I heard they were though. I'm thinking I'll have to beat it on Directors Cut mode for those parts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,895 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Some of the endings are quite normal. You should see the endings with Catherine though, now they are bonkers and absolutely hilarious :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I don't like multiple endings. It's bad enough having to collect all the crap within a RPG and never finding a use for most of it but now I'll have to end all the endings.
    It's not far, do they not realise I have to get up for stuff!

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Some of the endings are quite normal. You should see the endings with Catherine though, now they are bonkers and absolutely hilarious :)

Played through Catherine during the summer. Brilliant stuff. I only played through it once though, and got one of the more normal endings. I've heard about a few fairly mad ones though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,758 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The Stanley Parable = the boss of multiple endings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Got Rocksmith for the PS3 over hols and finally got around to trying it out.

Hooked up the Les Paul and starting bashing away :) Little bit of audio latency caused by the HDMI so I need to split out the analog audio to resolve that.

Its an interesting way of learning to play, must admit I do find it difficult on songs I know as my muscle memory doesn't match the sequences the game wants you to play. I suspect someone who's never played would make a better start on it then me.

Nice range of amps & effects as well for a bit of freestyle jamming :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,271 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,895 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The nerditry of FFVII nerds knows no bounds.

So only mods can post at the mo eh...hmm, who will we slate without fear of reprisal :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,758 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Myrddin wrote: »
    So only mods can post at the mo eh...hmm, who will we slate without fear of reprisal :D

Myrddin! No, wait... EnterNow! :pac:

I'm actually surprised there isn't a massive site wide troll being organised by mods at the moment!

Myrddin! No, wait... EnterNow! :pac:

Nah he's already a mod JU, reprisal is likely, duh :D
    I'm actually surprised there isn't a massive site wide troll being organised by mods at the moment!

Wreck the gaff!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Man of Steel is the best Superman film to date!
    Konami Aliens > Capcom AvP.
    Candy > Woody.
    And o1s1n secretly prefers bat tops over ball tops! :eek:

Pity Last Bandit, only a few days ago he'd be in here.... Now, outside looking in....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Only mods can post?!

Woohoo, 3DO etc etc etc
    Am I right Ciderman?
    :)

Reign of terror over yet lads?

Master of the Universe

For a moment there my first thought was 'who went mental and made Jack Burton a moderator????'

Steve SI wrote: »
    Only mods can post?!

Woohoo, 3DO etc etc etc
    Am I right Ciderman?
    :)

Amen brother Steve, Amen....

o1s1n wrote: »
    For a moment there my first thought was 'who went mental and made Jack Burton a moderator????'

Is he not the once and future king of the "Egg Shen Tour Bus Company" forum?

Yeah come on lads make me a mod of something

I think I've earned getting my own Jack Burton avatar!

if only there was some sort of forum for a console I played in the early 90s.....A Sega forum perhaps

Master of the Universe

Perhaps 'Sega' was too general and not niche enough. How about a Megadrive forum? :D

Oh please god yes.

I can make a crown of games and send it in with the forum request to grease the wheels

We could have a Rise of the Robots forum but the next dedicated sh1te game forum will be for Boulder Dash, and we've promised some regular here, can't think who.... was it Steve?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

We need a Dreamcast forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement