Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

*dusts off shoulders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,273 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Lies! All lies! There are no multi-coloured miniature Yoshis in SMW! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Myrddin wrote: »
    *dusts off shoulders

Lol was wondering what the answer was too (and how long before 60Hz got mentioned)! :pac:

Master of the Universe

Sudden urge to play the Snes Mario games now too :)

o1s1n wrote: »
    Sudden urge to play the Snes Mario games now too :)

Same.

Mini red Yoshi (around the 1 minute mark):

Master of the Universe

Holy ****ing ****!

Okay I'm going to STFU now and go back to playing Sonic... :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,896 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    Holy ****ing ****!

Okay I'm going to STFU now and go back to playing Sonic... :eek:

And don't come back until you've got all 96 exits in SMW.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Steady on, or a certain someone will start banging on about how much better Sonic is.
    I miss the days when we only had to worry about inappropriate Boulder Dash posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Thats cold dude :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Steady on, or a certain someone will start banging on about how much better Sonic is.
    I miss the days when we only had to worry about inappropriate Boulder Dash posts.

Sonic '06 4 lyfe!

• Advertisement

Ohh I forgot to brag on here... I created an event page for my birthday bash on Saturday on FB and G+ (for the non Facebookians). As a joke I invited Jeri Ryan as I had her on my list from back in the beta days. She follows me on there from her verified account.

Imagine my surprise when I get an alert to see the following:

1619448_10203279076920495_613144043_n.jpg

That was my day made!

I thought youd be more into this?

043010akgerry%20ryan.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Achilles wrote: »
    Ohh I forgot to brag on here... I created an event page for my birthday bash on Saturday on FB and G+ (for the non Facebookians). As a joke I invited Jeri Ryan as I had her on my list from back in the beta days. She follows me on there from her verified account.

Imagine my surprise when I get an alert to see the following:

1619448_10203279076920495_613144043_n.jpg

That was my day made!

Just remember to wash your hands before returning to the keyboard.

Just remember to wash your hands before returning to the keyboard.

NSamDA2.png

It happened too fast to even reach the keyboard.

On an unrelated note I need to buy a new pair of trousers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Nice to know there at least 2 people using Google+

It's great for Ingress community stuff actually.

That red yoshi vid blew my head wide open when he ate the mushroom and grew bigger , just how secrets are in super mario world ?

I need to get back to that game again after i beat wind waker :O

just how secrets are in super mario world?

You'll never know, your too busy playing Shadow the Hedgehog!

You'll never know, your too busy playing Shadow the Hedgehog!

I never played shadow the hedgehog , wouldnt want to either

• Advertisement

They wanted to make a Sonic game where he wore pants, due to an error in translation they made a Sonic game that was pants instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Anyone else just get gifted 600GB extra Google drive space?
    They just upgraded my account there and sent me a "Thanks for being a loyal google customer" type email and said I wont be charged anything extra for it.

jvjp.jpg

Edit:
    A mate just got 200GB free added. Must be a thing they are doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Black/white Yoshi from Yoshi's Story were the best... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I never played shadow the hedgehog , wouldnt want to either

As a joke I invited Jeri Ryan as I had her on my list from back in the beta days. She follows me on there from her verified account.

Who?

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Who?

Somehow, it's her

Jeri%2BRyan%2BPicture-17.jpg

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Who?

Trekker fap material

Master of the Universe

Trekker fap material

Resistance is futile!

Ah ok. Never watched Voyager. The original and TNG were the only ones worth watching. :)

Somehow, it's her

Jeri%2BRyan%2BPicture-17.jpg

Have her washed and brought to my tent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Have her washed and brought to my tent!

No need to wash her for me. I'll take her dirty ;)

• Advertisement

playing wind waker for the first time and wow , so far its fightning link to the past as my number 1 zelda game.

They call it the legend for a reason :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Steve SI wrote: »
    No need to wash her for me. I'll take her dirty ;)

Dirt birds, the lot of yis!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Doge

Sera wrote: »

What a kick in the balls these newer titles must have been for hardcore Sonic fans.

I'm glad i only played 1 + 2. Although I must give Sonic & Knuckles a go, its looks beautiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

waveform wrote: »
    What a kick in the balls these newer titles must have been for hardcore Sonic fans.

I'm glad i only played 1 + 2. Although I must give Sonic & Knuckles a go, its looks beautiful.
    It is but videos like this and Game Grumps playing Sonic 06 make up for it a little.
    Sonic 3 and Knuckles I think is one of my favourite games of all time.

Just talking to a friend of mine there and hes bringing his camper to England for a few days to get a new roof fitted.
    Seems like a shame to bring a van all that way and not bring home a cab.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

urbanledge wrote: »
    Just talking to a friend of mine there and hes bringing his camper to England for a few days to get a new roof fitted.
    Seems like a shame to bring a van all that way and not bring home a cab.......

Or 2 pinball machines....we should talk!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,896 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Did people hear that Justin Carmical, aka JewWario killed himself recently. He shot himself in the bathroom and his wife was outside pleading with him. Really messed up :/

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Did people hear that Justin Carmical, aka JewWario killed himself recently. He shot himself in the bathroom and his wife was outside pleading with him. Really messed up :/

Yeah I've been watching some of the tribute videos today, it's incredibly sad. He seemed like such a genuine nice guy...& must have been going through an absolute storm inside. Angry Joe's video is pretty upsetting.

So thats how he did it...Jesus christ thats really messed up. Theres so many tributes and videos going up about it. Must have been a nice guy, I watched YCPT

2 lads over on the Escapist have their weekly segment dedicated to talking about suicide.

Yeah I've been watching some of the tribute videos today, it's incredibly sad. He seemed like such a genuine nice guy...& must have been going through an absolute storm inside. Angry Joe's video is pretty upsetting.

Angry Joe and Spoony seemed like really good mates, he was in a lot of their videos.

• Advertisement

I heard rumours it might have been money related as well as depression. Apparently he lost his non-youtube job recently.

I remember a few years ago on one of his videos he was talking about not being able to afford a PS3 or something

Plus....No idea the guy was like 43!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I picked up Capcom Classics Vol.2 on PS2 today. I've been looking for a decent copy of it since I picked up the first on back in about 2009. Can't wait to mill into this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

deathrider wrote: »
    I picked up Capcom Classics Vol.2 on PS2 today. I've been looking for a decent copy of it since I picked up the first on back in about 2009. Can't wait to mill into this!

I put in about 5 hours on that beating the original Street Fighter; it's hard to cite where it was a case of dodgy emulation, and where it was just the original being a hard-to-control jimmy. CC2 also hosts the most unplayable version of Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo going, where the input-lug meets a nuclear AI; which is odd, considering Dave Sirlin was involved in the emulation process.

Knights of the Round and Captain Commando certainly do make up for it, though. Quiz and Dragons is a lot of fun too.

If it's SSF2T then the ai was always insane and near unplayable.

If it's SSF2T then the ai was always insane and near unplayable.

Yes, but it's manageable without the input issues. The DC version of SSFIIT was very much beatable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I reckon I have enough versions of the SFII series kicking it round to really not mind about this one. It's the original Street Fighter that I really wanted, as I don't have any ports of it. I'm looking forward to a bit of Strider too, because I haven't played it since the early 90's.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Yes, but it's manageable without the input issues. The DC version of SSFIIT was very much beatable.

There was a Dreamcast version of Super Street Fighter II?!

There was a Dreamcast version of Super Street Fighter II?!

Of Super Turbo, yes. Japan only, even came with an online matchmaking service.

• Advertisement

I had no idea, I must pick up a copy of that. I bet it's stupidly rare...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement