Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

One of the best bands I've seen live and that's a lot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,759 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Every time I hear the words Limp Bizkit uttered I'm in no uncertain terms reminded that I had incredibly **** taste in music as a teenager :pac:

Although part of me would have been tempted to channel my inner fourteen year old for one night of clean, nostalgic hatefun.

Every time I hear the words Limp Bizkit uttered I'm in no uncertain terms reminded that I had incredibly **** taste in music as a teenager :pac:

Although part of me would have been tempted to channel my inner fourteen year old for one night of clean, nostalgic hatefun.

It really was like reliving my youth. My angsty angsty youth.

I also should have fall out boy tickets sorted. Ecstatic Is an understatement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

It really was like reliving my youth. My angsty angsty youth.

Sure ,that's only last year :)

Went to see The Sisters of Mercy a while ago, middle age goths are a very very strange bunch :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Fatal Rewind.

That's the one, thanking you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Doge

Nothing beats spending a sick day in bed playing Sonic games perfectly emulated on your mobile with excellent colour reproduction.

I'm starting off with the 3 8-bit Sonic titles on the Master System.

Sonic 1 on the SMS is stunning I think, it feels like a very polished game compared to Sonic 2 and Chaos, and I absolutely adore the bright vibrant colours.

Also scrambled egg zone in Sonic 2 has to be the most ridiculous name for a zone in all the sonic games! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

waveform wrote: »
    Nothing beats spending a sick day in bed playing Sonic games perfectly emulated on your mobile with excellent colour reproduction.

I'm starting off with the 3 8-bit Sonic titles on the Master System.

Sonic 1 on the SMS is stunning I think, it feels like a very polished game compared to Sonic 2 and Chaos, and I absolutely adore the bright vibrant colours.

Also scrambled egg zone in Sonic 2 has to be the most ridiculous name for a zone in all the sonic games! :p

BALDY MCNOSEHAIR?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Bought a new 001 jamma loom off a seller over on AO for my blast city, delighted because they aren't that common to pop up.

Got a full refund this morning, says the loom he was was for an astro city and not a blast city

Bugger!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Bought a new 001 jamma loom off a seller over on AO for my blast city, delighted because they aren't that common to pop up.

Got a full refund this morning, says the loom he was was for an astro city and not a blast city

Bugger!

Would FrancoB not be able to sort you out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

middle age goths are a very very strange bunch :)

You don't say:rolleyes:

robert-smith.jpg

• Advertisement

MrVestek wrote: »
    Would FrancoB not be able to sort you out?

Maybe, but I got this one for 70 dollars shipped, I'd say it would cost me a lot more off him

Bugger!

Balls!
    At least you didn't get it and then find out.
    I got a spare remote board for my blast of that guy.should have it any day!
    Plan on replacing all the pots and using it then replace all the pots on the original.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Steve SI wrote: »
    Oh stop! :p
    We had to send all the kids home, so got off a bit early, lucky one of the staff lives nearby and gave me a lift home, I was afraid to walk home beside the river.
    Did you see all the videos on the news? Not too far from me either

Scary! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,273 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Anyone hear from Myrddin? I remember he removed a couple of struts from his attic when he was converting it recently...

Maybe there's a street in Dublin somewhere covered in videogames :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    Anyone hear from Myrddin? I remember he removed a couple of struts from his attic when he was converting it recently...

Maybe there's a street in Dublin somewhere covered in videogames :pac:

I still to this day think about that :o Imagine it, the entire collection ruined or destroyed. Actually I wonder what I'd do in that case, the thoughts of recollecting it all again just seems like something I wouldn't do. Would any of you start again?

Master of the Universe

Not a chance. I think I'd take it as a sign that my collecting days were over :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,898 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Things I learned from FFXIII part 1:

Moms are tough.

Myrddin wrote: »
    I still to this day think about that :o Imagine it, the entire collection ruined or destroyed. Actually I wonder what I'd do in that case, the thoughts of recollecting it all again just seems like something I wouldn't do. Would any of you start again?

I would, but I couldn't do it in drips and drabs.
    I'd save up and go mad buying back loads of the stuff to replace the lost retro goodness.

I'd just start a campaign on kickstarter to rebuild my collection. A nice sad video with a piano backing.

Have it all back in no time

• Advertisement

I'd just start a campaign on kickstarter to rebuild my collection. A nice sad video with a piano backing.

Have it all back in no time

Great idea :D There's still lots of stuff I need so I might set up a fake one now...

406332.jpg

I dunno, I'd probably buy back my favourites but I'd more than likely just leave it or very gradually build another collection.

I dunno, I'd probably buy back my favourites but I'd more than likely just leave it or very gradually build another collection.

Yeah I think I'd get a Snes & Megadrive back. Maybe what Steve said about saving up, then going on a splurge would work...trip to the US for tons of cheap carts etc

Finally beat the expert course in Super Hang On!

c6lm.jpg

I'm da best maynnnnne, I deed it.

waveform wrote: »
    Finally beat the expert course in Super Hang On!

I'm da best maynnnnne, I deed it.

But failed at basic forum posting etiquette :D:D

Dat pic, she be huuuge!!!

Resize and link, resize and link. :):)

c6lm.jpg

But failed at basic forum posting etiquette :D:D

Dat pic, she be huuuge!!!

Resize and link, resize and link. :):)

c6lm.jpg

Eeep, sorry about that! :/
    I posted it on my android phone, and it looked fine in my browser, but mobile browsers must automatically resize the images on the page!

I'll install an image resizer to save further embarrassment.

In my defense I only have the phone a month and its my first touch screen phone believe it or not!

We corkonians are fierce slow on the uptake sure! ;)

Starting to get into this cloud storage thing and backing up roms atm.

Has anyone ever signed up for the free 10, I repeat 10 TB's of free storage on Tencent Cloud?

http://www.weiyun.com/act/10t-en.html?WYTAG=weiyun.portal.index

They're a fairly huge company in China, now whether or not you trust them with your storage is another thing!

But for the likes of non personal stuff like roms, music, video etc.. it would be grand.

I signed up with one of my dud email addresses that they can spam to hell for all I care!

This would be perfect to use as a secondary backup to Sky Drive, Dropbox etc..

Not quite sure how long it could last though!

Okay, one major drawback of Tencent is that the Desktop and mobile apps are currently in Chinese only! :p

You could probably use the desktop app fine without having to read chinese,
    simple case of dragging and dropping to the folder!

Not sure if the apps will be so easy to use though haha!

The Web interface is in English.

Wonder what the catch is?
    Upload speed, size limits etc. Still, I just signed up :0)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Some stuff about the Framemeister (complete with the only thing you'll be interested in, a video capture :pac:):

http://iancortina.co.uk/2014/02/13/framemeister-xrgb-test/

Wonder what the catch is?
    Upload speed, size limits etc. Still, I just signed up :0)

It said the filesize limit is 32GB!

I reckon the speed isn't that great surely, have yet to test it though.

2 other Chinese companies are offering 1TB storage apparently...

http://forums.theregister.co.uk/forum/1/2013/08/30/tencent_10tb_cloud/#c_1942533

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Neat valentines gift I got today:

lAVDBSj.jpg

Dark Souls glass cut coasters

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,898 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

*drool*

Master of the Universe

They're gorgeous!

Dungeon Keeper is free on GoG today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

She's going to be extra thrilled when I give her English Muffins now:

LMT0BaT.png

Alone tonight? Single? Bored of cutting yourself?
    Here's a tasty meal idea :D

Saddest video I've seen today.

88E534B7-A336-40F3-9F5D-B8C738A3D541_zps8xp1ti3x.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

88E534B7-A336-40F3-9F5D-B8C738A3D541_zps8xp1ti3x.jpg

lets_bee_friends.jpg?w=609&h=300

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

ku-xlarge(6).jpg

This looks amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Well...2 days I had to live without power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

You could always keep yourself busy with a bit of retro cross stiching by candle light.

cross-stitch-640x480.jpg

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2014/02/incredible-a-link-to-the-past-overworld-map-cross-stitch/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=incredible-a-link-to-the-past-overworld-map-cross-stitch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Well, anything's better than having to hear your mother regale stories about how *heavily accented mode* shaé didn't need all those electronic gadgets when shaé was a youngin.

I always thought the Mega Drive 1 Audio Cable could do with a Right Angled 3.5mm plug instead of the straight connector that Console Goods and Retro Computer Shack make.

Looks like Retro Computer Shack have updated theirs with the right angled connector:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Sega-Megadrive-1-High-Quality-RGB-Gold-Scart-Lead-TV-AV-Cable-Stereo-NEW-/260926939448?pt=UK_Video_Games_Cables_and_Adaptors&hash=item3cc0752138

$(KGrHqJ,!mIFInGyeZu0BSMJBKpnLw~~60_12.JPG

I bought 3 cables from the chap a good while back, 1 was custom made, and he gave me a discount.

I think they're that bit fancier than what console goods offers as they're labelled with stickers and are also thicker.

The gold plating is a nice touch too, even though it makes no difference whatsoever to the signal.
    The one cable they don't do is the SNES / Famicom RGB Scart, so its best to buy one from console goods.

Jaysus, I never knew a remake of Shadow Warrior came out, let alone was in development!

Anyone here play it?

Had to give Retr0's thread a bump.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84549907

I really enjoyed playing it. Only stopped because I was enjoying Rise of the Triad so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Had that too but with the added fun of no water for 24 hours and still no hot water and I ran out if cornflakes and I dannae get anything for Valentines.
    So if anyone walks into a retail store today and sees a scruffy unkempt bloke behind the counter, give him a hug and a cookie. Also coffee.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Had that too but with the added fun of no water for 24 hours and still no hot water and I ran out if cornflakes and I dannae get anything for Valentines.
    So if anyone walks into a retail store today and sees a scruffy unkempt bloke behind the counter, give him a hug and a cookie. Also coffee.

Scruffy...unkempt.... Behind a counter..cookies and coffee. You just described my life!

On another note, I just gave the chap in the clothes shop beside me a hug and an americano, I have a funny feeling it wasn't you though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

So I had a barcode battler years ago but what does this do?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement