Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

This ad is worth a look the seller selling copied games and complaining about new rules to stop of thread dealing. You gotta love some of the sellers on Adverts.Thought I'd ask Adverts there views on this.

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057149395

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Scruffy...unkempt.... Behind a counter..cookies and coffee. You just described my life!

On another note, I just gave the chap in the clothes shop beside me a hug and an americano, I have a funny feeling it wasn't you though

Wasn't me but if us scruffy and unkempt guys all need hugs, coffee and cookies and maybe this will start a chain reaction and all the scruffy guys all over the world will have a cookie to eat.
    One can only dream.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,898 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A recent retronauts reminded me of a few old games arcade games with songs with full vocals in them. Some are quite impressive, others are disgraceful.

Psycho soldier is probably the most famous, the japanese version isn't so nad but they re-recorded it in english which sounds a bit...off. It only plays at the start and then again at the end of the game:

But there's worse. There's the version of star spangled banner in konami's double dribble that is enough to make any American convulse in horror:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,898 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bit of a surprise recently in the fan translation scene recently. An old translation group have come out and said they finished the translation of the original Megami Tensei 16 years after starting it. They unfortunately aren't releasing it until the series anniversary (10 months down the line).

Music sounds a bit Megaman in it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Doge

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I really enjoyed playing it. Only stopped because I was enjoying Rise of the Triad so much.

I'm surprised you liked the new ROTT so much! I thought looked poor from the gameplay videos, i havent played it yet though.

Shadow Warrior looks more promising to me.

waveform wrote: »
    I'm surprised you liked the new ROTT so much! I thought looked poor from the gameplay videos, i havent played it yet though.

Shadow Warrior looks more promising to me.

ROTT is just super fast unpretentious fun.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

eddhorse wrote: »
    So I had a barcode battler years ago but what does this do?

Here it is!
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/gbc/571632-barcode-taisen-bardigun/images/box-9934

And a pick of the box taken from the above site
    571632_9934_front.jpg
    571632_9934_back.jpg

And more info and ingame photos here,
    linky dinky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Got an email just now, might be relevant to alot of people here
    On Wednesday night, law enforcement officials contacted Kickstarter and alerted us that hackers had sought and gained unauthorized access to some of our customers' data. Upon learning this, we immediately closed the security breach and began strengthening security measures throughout the Kickstarter system.
    No credit card data of any kind was accessed by hackers. There is no evidence of unauthorized activity of any kind on your account.
    While no credit card data was accessed, some information about our customers was. Accessed information included usernames, email addresses, mailing addresses, phone numbers, and encrypted passwords. Actual passwords were not revealed, however it is possible for a malicious person with enough computing power to guess and crack an encrypted password, particularly a weak or obvious one.
    As a precaution, we strongly recommend that you change the password of your Kickstarter account, and other accounts where you use this password.
    To change your password, log in to your account at Kickstarter.com and look for the banner at the top of the page to create a new, secure password. We recommend you do the same on other sites where you use this password. For additional help with password security, we recommend tools like 1Password and LastPass.
    We’re incredibly sorry that this happened. We set a very high bar for how we serve our community, and this incident is frustrating and upsetting. We have since improved our security procedures and systems in numerous ways, and we will continue to do so in the weeks and months to come. We are working closely with law enforcement, and we are doing everything in our power to prevent this from happening again.
    Kickstarter is a vibrant community like no other, and we can’t thank you enough for being a part of it. Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns. You can reach us at accountsecurity@kickstarter.com.
    Thank you,
    Yancey Strickler
    Kickstarter CEO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Here it is!
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/gbc/571632-barcode-taisen-bardigun/images/box-9934

And a pick of the box taken from the above site
    571632_9934_front.jpg
    571632_9934_back.jpg

And more info and ingame photos here,
    linky dinky

Wow thanks, bizarre stuff !!
    So looks like you have to scan barcodes during a role playing game.
    May translate the page.

And Kickstarter hacked Boo-Urns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Just watched After Earth...WHY THE HELL WOULD A BIRD KILL ITSELF IN ORDER TO HELP WILL SMITH'S SON COMPLETE THE MISSION!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Spoiler Alert, poor film alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,273 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Cycled out to Parcel Motel this evening and it was switched off, wtf :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,759 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Why would anyone watch After Earth, especially all these months after release? Even if you avoided the immensely bad buzz online, the name 'M Night Shyamalan' should stop anybody in their tracks before they make a huge mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Not to mention Jaden's acting. I shouldn't give him that much flack, I mean, he's young, being Will Smith's son probably isn't as great as we would hope we would be, but my god he was terrible in the movie.
    Why would anyone watch After Earth, especially all these months after release? Even if you avoided the immensely bad buzz online, the name 'M Night Shyamalan' should stop anybody in their tracks before they make a huge mistake.
    I was curious to see just how bad it was.

Master of the Universe

Jaden Smith has turned into an absolute little scrote. Cannot stand the kid.

• Advertisement

Not to mention Jaden's acting. I shouldn't give him that much flack, I mean, he's young, being Will Smith's son probably isn't as great as we would hope we would be, but my god he was terrible in the movie.

I was curious to see just how bad it was.

I'm glad my curiosity didn't get the better of me and I'm glad I watched Yes Minister instead.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mrs Ciderman made the fatal error of buying a dvd at the checkout in Spar.
    We got treated to 20 mins of The Pirate Movie, the worst film I have ever seen, though possibly a good movie to get stoned watching.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,759 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Speaking of films, Her has some interesting things to say about the future of video games :pac: It's also probably one of the most brilliant films of the last decade, which helps.

Master of the Universe

I refuse to watch that film due to the stupid name :pac:

Anyone else see the Lego movie? Went on Friday, had a blast. I played around with Lego stop animation in the past and the effort involved in it is fairly crazy.

The animation in this film is unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Dying to go see it. Probably will next week. Just back from watching Cuban Fury tonight. Was alright, something light hearted to watch!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Oi! M Night used to make some decent films - The Village, Signs, Lady in the Water. Everything from The Happening onwards has been duff though. Rented out After Earth ages ago being so desperate for some sci-fi - if I'd known Smith wrote the story and it was going to be all about his kid - even I would have steered clear. Terrible film.
    o1s1n wrote: »
    Anyone else see the Lego movie? Went on Friday, had a blast. I played around with Lego stop animation in the past and the effort involved in it is fairly crazy.

Trailers make it look pretty good alright. This house is going through a major Lego craze the last while, it's great! :pac:

though possibly a good movie to get stoned watching.

T.M.I. Mister Influential Moderator Person! :p

Well, of course I meant, if you have had a piece of really nice halibut and you proclaim it was good enough for Jehovah, then get narc'd and find yourself in front of a dubious group of men who are about to throw rocks at you until you die, the film may have merit as a way to pass the time....

Saw The Lego Movie yesterday, brilliant.
    Can't wait for the sequel,
    "12 Years A Minifig '

o1s1n wrote: »
    I refuse to watch that film due to the stupid name :pac:

Everything is awesome!!

Went on. Friday as well as it was requested by the other half as her Valentines gift.
    Good but laid on the message a bit thick at the end but anything where. Gob plays Batman gets my money, no questions asked.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Everything is awesome!!

Went on. Friday as well as it was requested by the other half as her Valentines gift.
    Good but laid on the message a bit thick at the end but anything where. Gob plays Batman gets my money, no questions asked.

We definitely need to see a Lego Batman movie, maybe even a big Marvel/DC mashup, seeing as Lego build kits for both licences.

Green Lantern+Superman, BFFs4Eva!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

1743742_10152642434424152_342593071_n.jpg

spent the last 2 days trying to make this solid snake mask , papercraft is pretty difficult

As a MGS fan, a fan of cardboard and a desire to go incognito, wouldn't a cardboard box have been more appropriate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

As a MGS fan, a fan of cardboard and a desire to go incognito, wouldn't a cardboard box have been more appropriate?

of course but I have been banned from tesco , dunnes and every other supermarket in between

and my family got to eat :L

Well, of course I meant, if you have had a piece of really nice halibut and you proclaim it was good enough for Jehovah, then get narc'd and find yourself in front of a dubious group of men who are about to throw rocks at you until you die, the film may have merit as a way to pass the time....

I forgot that that's how you got stoned back when you were a teenager in 300 B.C.!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Could have went for the full suit for maximum stealth:)
    360x480.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

This is absolutely fantastic. Chaotic but fantastic.

http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon

Wow, not sure if this was posted here or not but it looks like a certain nemesis of some here, Flexymoons, has been removed lock, stock and barrel from Adverts.
    Obviously some of his practices have met with the ire of the mods, finally...

2014-02-15+22.52.42.jpg

She slept here for an hour.:D
    The top of the cabs gets really warm from the marquee lights!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Ha! Flaked :cool:

Yea panned out to the max,
    Discovered something later on in the night tho
    If your playing on the blast city and you rest your arm on the CP bolts of the E2 you get a small shock.
    Its just a tingle but you leave your arm there it starts to feel hot.

Will have to do some investigating but I've a feeling its because one is a 220v conversion (by Jeff:eek:) and the other is on a step down.

Stuff like this can be lethal to animals,
    because they walk on all fours the current can travel up the front legs and down the back via the heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Sounds like a grounding issue on that. Do you have another cat to test with ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I also watched After Earth the other night...

Having the spaceship be made out of balsa wood, bone and shower curtains was a brave choice.

Also, if the aliens can only see by human fear pheromones how are they not constantly walking off cliffs?

Jaden was actually very good in the Karate Kid, shame he's been awful in everything else.

Yeah deffo a grounding issue.
    I'll prob just end up running earths directly to the body of the cabs from the wall.
    Now that I think about it the E2 is probably on a 2 pin Asia style plug top.
    The type with the earth on the side so It might not be earthed at all:eek:

I honestly havent plugged it in or out since I got it and dont remember what it looked like!
    by the way I do have another cat ;)
    meet Smudgey

2014-02-14+21.39.20.jpg

• Advertisement

A cat wearing a tie?
    Where do you think you are son, Facebook?
    Get that pussy loving nonsense out of this house or there'll be no prom for you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

g90SzAW.png

Damn you Urbanledge, now look at what you have done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Cool, are we posting animal pics today? :0)

Here's my dog dressed as a douchebag for Halloween.

m416.jpg

Some specs from the SNES CD-Rom add on have been leaked:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4cc2TZRufDtWERQV2FHZFhFaU1odEdTbWlTTHB1REJRNXdr/preview?pli=1

I heard the PS1 was based off of the same system but I'm surprised by just how close it is to the PS1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Here's Louie doing MGS :P

• Advertisement

Ah damn! I'm in college and have no access to pictures of my do *stand by for mind control* the four cats who own me, who are really lovely creatures sent by a higher power to guide me to a better existence that involves ear scratching and hourly feeds.
    All hail our feline overlords.

Steve SI wrote: »
    Cool, are we posting animal pics today? :0)

Here's my dog dressed as a douchebag for Halloween.

m416.jpg

Isn't that Dinorex's hat and scarf?
    What are you saying Steve?

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Some specs from the SNES CD-Rom add on have been leaked:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4cc2TZRufDtWERQV2FHZFhFaU1odEdTbWlTTHB1REJRNXdr/preview?pli=1

I heard the PS1 was based off of the same system but I'm surprised by just how close it is to the PS1.

According to a misguided few Nintendos current console is still close to the PS1!
    Actually had a chump espousing that the PSU wattage reflected the "power" of the console, and hence why the WiiU was pitiful.
    Honestly, he said that, no joke.

Isn't that Dinorex's hat and scarf?
    What are you saying Steve?

Could this have happened?

flyvsfly.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement