Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,759 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hit play on this, and watch your browser pushed to it's epileptic limit (contains copious amounts of J-Pop-Rock, sprites and insanity): http://sumire-uesaka-parallax-view.tumblr.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Hit play on this, and watch your browser pushed to it's epileptic limit (contains copious amounts of J-Pop-Rock, sprites and insanity): http://sumire-uesaka-parallax-view.tumblr.com/
    Firefox crashed on my phone lol that's amazing though

26:40

some anonymous bid donated 500 dollars only to be trolled by no other than Markus Persson AKA Notch who donated 10,000 :pac: what a d1ck :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Did you see the guy who beat Super Mario Bothers with the lowest possible score of 500 points?

yeah that was mental

I'm going on radio programme tomorrow evening at 6 in the city centre to talk about the retro podcast and retro gaming in general, if anyone else wants to come along then let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

DinoRex wrote: »
    I'm going on radio programme tomorrow evening at 6 in the city centre to talk about the retro podcast and retro gaming in general, if anyone else wants to come along then let me know.

Yeah I'd be up for that! What station?

• Advertisement

It's new online only station called Radio Made.

http://www.radiomade.ie/

The programme is called Threat Detection. It's quite good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,898 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Good luck with it tomorrow. I can only really Skype in tonight if you need me since I'm in Sligo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I can contribute but unfortunately I am expert in bugger all, and therefore perhaps not the most use in this endeavour :(

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I can contribute but unfortunately I am expert in bugger all, and therefore perhaps not the most use in this endeavour :(

Just come in and talk about your collection and what got you started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

neither am I and I was still going on the podcast so don't let it stop you :3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Doge

26:40

some anonymous bid donated 500 dollars only to be trolled by no other than Markus Persson AKA Notch who donated 10,000 :pac: what a d1ck :pac:

Donating 10K to charity isn't exactly a dickish thing tbf!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

waveform wrote: »
    Donating 10K to charity isn't exactly a dickish thing tbf!

But mocking somebody who made a smaller donation is ;)

Monkeykube wrote: »
    But mocking somebody who made a smaller donation is ;)

Must have missed that! All i heard was "of course i'll bid for my own gain".

Am i missing something? :p

waveform wrote: »
    Must have missed that! All i heard was "of course i'll bid for my own gain".

Am i missing something? :p

tbh I didn't listen to the whole video but going by Richies comment he was trolling a smaller donation. If he didn't I stand corrected but if he did it's pretty childish imo. A donation is a donation after all irrespective of its size.

Monkeykube wrote: »
    tbh I didn't listen to the whole video but going by Richies comment he was trolling a smaller donation. If he didn't I stand corrected but if he did it's pretty childish imo. A donation is a donation after all irrespective of its size.

Just watched it from the start again, and Notch doesn't mention a single thing about other donations.

Just because he had more money to offer doesn't automatically mean he's trolling smaller donations. Looking at comments on youtube and reddit, nobody else has accused him of this.

Reading up on him, he has been quite charitable in the past too.
    Cannot for the life of me see how someone could turn this into a negative thing.
    Fair play to him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,898 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

He's always at the top of the big spenders for the humble bundles as well.

• Advertisement

Jesus I thought people would of figured out my comment was nothing more than light hearted , like I added two laughing icons.

Jesus I thought people would of figured out my comment was nothing more than light hearted , like I added two laughing icons.

218026d1382427787t-so-how-does-feel-knowing-you-got-last-model-blackberry-ever-produced-company-boxxy_trollin.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

...what the, what the hell did I just watch?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I could be around the city centre to come along if I'm any use to you?

Dr Bob wrote: »
    I could be around the city centre to come along if I'm any use to you?

Yep. Meeting them up by Grogans at 5.50 to go on air at 6pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Yep. Meeting them up by Grogans at 5.50 to go on air at 6pm.

Not much time for pints...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Don't think I'll make it unfortunately, tales of my adventures sucking at videogames for the past 30 years will have to wait.

Don't think I'll make it unfortunately, tales of my adventures sucking at videogames for the past 30 years will have to wait.

'Back in my day all I had was a digital representation of a tyre and a stick on a PDP-1 vector monitor. That was all I needed. Young'uns today with their QTE's and MMO's and FPS don't know how good they have it today.'

World of Warcraft was in black and white and only came on for 3 hours a day.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,759 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Sounds like Retro Game Master film is a disaster: http://kotaku.com/the-retro-game-master-movie-is-a-great-episode-but-a-te-1530289446

Unfortunately, these sort of pointless TV adaptations are having a really negative effect on the quality of films getting into Japanese cinemas these days :(

• Advertisement

1349192431486_4565763.png

Here's two of my own :pac::pac:

Anyone know where I can get a list of PAL master system exclusives?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get a list of PAL master system exclusives?

http://digitpress.com/lists/dplite_sega_mastersystem_import.pdf

Rake of Persona titles announced today for the US. The persona dancing game is coming out on Vita. then there's the sequel to P4 Arena with the stupid name that is coming to PS3 (no 360 where I have a fightstick :( ). And the two biggies, Persona Q on 3DS and Persona 5 for PS3 in fecking 2015.

Bye bye cats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

As opposed to the non-**** dogs who do us a favour by covering the footpaths with their excrement.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

As opposed to the non-**** dogs who do us a favour by covering the footpaths with their excrement.

:pac:

Don't blame a dog for ****ting on the ground, blame the scumbag owner for not cleaning it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Kill it! Kill it with fire!!

l8rm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Steve SI wrote: »
    Kill it! Kill it with fire!!

l8rm.jpg

Some people around these parts would say that about regular looking Sonic too.

Gotta go fast!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

He's missing his bandages!

Old man arms there, I'd say that Sonic smells of wee and soup....

I may have had a bit of a go at Sonic games in that interview yesterday.

It went well though... upstairs in Grogan's is exactly what you'd imagine it to look like.

• Advertisement

Is there anywhere I can download it and have a listen?

Should be up here later on and on iTunes soon after:

http://www.radiomade.ie/podcasts/160

It's a pretty good show. Proper serious video game discussion.

That's up now:

http://www.mixcloud.com/Radiomade/threat-detection-with-gareth-james-featuring-arcade-retros-gavin-byrne-25-2-14/

Also this is apparently a thing you can buy now:

lS16cGkm.jpg

Unfortunately it only has a top speed of 2.5mph, I'm pretty sure I walk at a speed of about 4mph and I am not a fast walker.

That's up now:

Great show, liked the part about the Amiga club. I was in the ST camp back in them days, same carry on with the games though:o

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement