Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Savings

Options
  • 17-07-2013 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭

Howre things.

I have a direct debit to a savings account set up since January of last year.

The main aim of it is to prove I can save, if I wanted to go for a mortgage or anything.

My question is, is there any point in leaving the money that has built up in the accounts (there are two seperate account as I cant run a weekly savings acc. With BOI)

Would I be safer leaving it there or could I add it to the Credit union? Which ever being safer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Safer than?

Either way, it doesn't matter so much where you have it, just that you have it (and can show proof of your saving habits) if you apply for a mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

So, if I was to draw it out and put it all into the credit union, that wouldn't effect the fact that I have an ability to save come mortgage/loan time?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It shouldn't really have any major impact.

Advertisement