Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth Boys National School

Options
  • 17-07-2013 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,

I am currently in the process of purchasing a house in Moyglare Hall in Maynooth. Our child is just finished Junior Infants in school and we are looking to get him transferred to Maynooth for the start of the new school year.

Does anyone know if this will be possible at this stage??

Does anyone know how I could contact someone in the school during the summer. I have left a few messages and send an email but they must not be checked during the summer....

Does anyone have any suggestions???

Any help is much appreciated.

PS. and comments on Moyglare Hall and the surrounding areas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Of the three schools you could get him in to, that'd be probably the only one with space. When I was there (a bloody long time ago) the reception was manned from about 9 to 11 all summer, never afternoons.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 pantohead

Hi MYOB,

Thanks for the post. I'll try again in the morning...

Is the boys school the least popular if it is the easiest to get into??

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

pantohead wrote: »
    Hi MYOB,

Thanks for the post. I'll try again in the morning...

Is the boys school the least popular if it is the easiest to get into??

There is a huge preference for mixed-sex education, of which there's two options (Gaelscoil, ETNS) meaning those two are hugely oversubscribed.

They're quite far away from where you're going to be moving to, as another issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 pantohead

My other half preferred the ET school but I got her to accept the Boys School if they would accept him. It might be no harm us chancing the ET school just in case... I don't think it would be fair to put him in the Irish school as he has one year done in an ordinary school.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It is the only school that you will have a chance of getting him in to,the ET and Gaelscoil have turned away over 100 kids each this year for Junior infants but the girls and boys schools still have places.
    The only one I am au fait with is the Gaelscoil and their secretary is there all summer so I reckon it might be the same for the other schools.

• Advertisement
Advertisement