Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom terrible customer service

• 17-07-2013 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Eircom, have been messing me around. I have a complaint about mis-selling.

This is the terrible timeline

21/06 Complaint Lodged via website, got reply
    We will assign your complaint to the appropriate area for resolution.
    Please note that we resolve the majority of complaints received within ten working days
    01/07 Eircom replied, we are very busy, are you sure, you wish to go with email
    04/07 Please supply account#,
    11/07 Complaint now has been raised, They will be in contact within 8-10 working days to discuss your issues
    and find a resolution for you.

And still no contact from Eircom, should have been dealt with 8-10 working days from 21/06

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

If I were you I would run this through comreg by logging a complaint with them and get them to deal with it, it might get eircom on their feet, but to be honest they probably don't care. I find they're a terrible company to deal with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭mel123

Have to agree, they are absolutely terrible. Their technical support consists of not agents who know a lot about computers/broadband etc, but who are just following scripts every single time. Today I got asked to speak to a manager and got told no.
    Today I am cancelling my eircom contract and going with someone else who can provide me with a service which I am paying for. Going to contact comreg today also.

The classical hold music is the worst :mad:!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Eircom are the worst company to deal with in my opinion, I think they go out of their way to hire the most unhelpful people they can find.

The most memorable shyt treatment I recall is when they sold me broadband telling me it was 50/50 on whether it was available in my area, saying I could take it and try it and if it didn't work I could cancel in and not be held accountable by contract.

Modem came, set it up - the Internet didn't work. I called eircom to let them know, and I was passed to 9 different people, who just kept passing me from pillar to post. When I finally lost my temper with the last person when he tried move me, they informed me they would have to send an engineer out first to check before releasing me from contract. Not a great first impression to make on the first day of a new contract.

They're scum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭mel123

At least if they got employees who had an interest in the technical end of computing, most of them dont have a clue about computers and only know what the textbook is telling them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Eircom, have been messing me around. I have a complaint about mis-selling.

This is the terrible timeline

21/06 Complaint Lodged via website, got reply
    We will assign your complaint to the appropriate area for resolution.
    Please note that we resolve the majority of complaints received within ten working days
    01/07 Eircom replied, we are very busy, are you sure, you wish to go with email
    04/07 Please supply account#,
    11/07 Complaint now has been raised, They will be in contact within 8-10 working days to discuss your issues
    and find a resolution for you.

And still no contact from Eircom, should have been dealt with 8-10 working days from 21/06

Have you tried contacting the eircom reps over on the Talk to...Eircom forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Just had a eircom sales rep on last night trying to get me back. I nearly lost the plot when they tried to tell me that E-Fibre would have a max speed of 250Mb.

I'm on a 100Mb with UPC and told her so. I also asked her not to waste my time with misleading information when I know the max sppeed E-Fibre wcurrently offer is 70 Mb

Put me of Eircom for Good !

Dak

dak wrote: »
    Just had a eircom sales rep on last night trying to get me back. I nearly lost the plot when they tried to tell me that E-Fibre would have a max speed of 250Mb.

I'm on a 100Mb with UPC and told her so. I also asked her not to waste my time with misleading information when I know the max sppeed E-Fibre wcurrently offer is 70 Mb

Dak

They were trying to sell you 200mb vdsl?

I would have lost the plot

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭KpsCowley

This was very helpful for me,

Direct number to Eircom customer care (no waiting): 01-7015609

I was two weeks trying to get land line connected for eFiber. Expecting a call back from them in the morning, hopefully all goes well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭Drakus

dak wrote: »

Dak

I have found over the years this is typical of Eircom. The sales ppl who ring have no idea and will say anything and if you agree to whatever they are selling you and when you get it and realise you were sold a pup technical support will say things like, sorry about that, not do you want your money back.

I have a crap 3MB BB connection(line not good enough for faster) which believe it or not has got worse since the supposed NGB changeover, I did have a somewhat stable 3MB line but now am lucky to get 2MB's and I am not alone with this complaint having had my exchange go NG. Anyway shortly after the NGB changeover I had a person from Eircom ring to tell me I was getting a free upgrade to 7mb, I just laughed, I was going to get into the whole "you can't even give me a proper 3MB connection" but I just was not bothered. How Eircom hold onto customers is beyond me except for the fact that a lot of ppl do not have a whole lot of choice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement