Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social welfare meeting missed

Options
  • 17-07-2013 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I have recently moved into a new apartment with two people and have had my job seekers benefits up to a new county. Last week I went home to do my driving test, in the space of time I was gone a letter arrived for me, which I wasn't informed about until today, from the social welfare to attend a meeting. The meeting was scheduled for LAST WEEK, it is exactly a week later since the meeting. It's of no fault of my own, my housemate that was here didn't inform me of a letter arriving and I have just found it hidden in a box of hers. Should I explain this all to the people in the dole office? Has anybody else missed a meeting with an officer and haven't informed them until after? I don't know what to do... :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Contact you local office straight away and explain the situation, they should be able to reschedule the meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 evilgannet

Hi there,

I can back up what the Mod said, go in to see them and tell them the truth right away, 99% chance you'll be fine, if you leave it any longer they'll presume your swindling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

If youve moved county and not dealing with that local office anymore, forget about it. U need to go inro the local offive in your new county and transfer your claim across to them. You better do it asap because there can be a delay in payments pf 2 weeks for transfers :)

Advertisement