Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSPCA issue warning about dog stealing in South Galway

• 17-07-2013 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭

As the title says really, a blue toyota pick up truck has been driving slowly past houses and then returning to steal dogs from peoples gardens. I posted this in the Galway county forum also as I want to make as many pet owners as possible aware of it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Same for Cork. A white transit van has been spotted stealing a Bichon only a few days ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

It seems to be a nationwide epidemic nowadays:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Same for Cork. A white transit van has been spotted stealing a Bichon only a few days ago.

Where in Cork?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

Where in Cork?

Glaunthane I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Yeah, that makes sense. Dognapping has been rife in the Northside of Cork for some time. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I cannot believe this isn't taken more seriously, seems like every other day I hear of another story.
    I spoke to a lady last year who had a dog taken, Garda told her it could of run away..out of a six foot pen, cutting off a padlock on the way out?
    I keep my dogs inside unless I'm home always, not taking the risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

This is one of the things that bug me the most about these reports. Out of all of the dogs stolen, so many of them are locked outside in an averagely secured garden, and more often than not the dog doesn't even have a collar on.

I would never leave Shadow outside unattended, because no matter how high the wall, or how well-barred the gate, there is always a possibility that something could happen. Be it he clear the wall chasing a cat, someone opens the gate and lets him out or (God forbid) someone sees an easy target and simply opens the gate, snaps a lead on and walks away with him. Besides the obvious dangers, it is incredibly hot outside - I wouldn't be leaving my dog outside in this! Even with a nice, shady area outside, you have no idea how hot it will get, will that area still be shady when the sun moves in the sky, or if the dog's water is going to half boil in the heat. At least inside they have a nice cool floor to lie on with walls and a roof to protect them from the sun.

Advertisement