Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Howa Stockist

Options
  • 17-07-2013 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Well lads anybody know a dealer doing Howas? I rang a couple of dealers and im not having any luck!!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Could be wrong, but i think McCloy's in Antrim bring in Howa from GMK in the UK.

As for stockists, it could be hit and miss. I've seen a few dealers with specials on such as a Swift scope, Howa rifle, and case for €650 (all new). Others have the rifles only.

What caliber are you looking for and what county are you in? Could help narrow down a dealer.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hurlsey

Im still dicing between .223 or .243, I am in Kildare, should have put that in the OP!!
    I know the hogue stock is a p.o.s its going soon as i get the rifle!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Griffin and Hawe are your closest dealer that i can think off. I was in with them a few weeks ago, but did not see any.

Problem about recommending someone with them in stock is unless i'm looking for them then i don't take notice. The few i do remember are from months ago so i would hate to recommend someone only for you to turn up and they have none.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Cass wrote: »
    Griffin and Hawe are your closest dealer that i can think off. I was in with them a few weeks ago, but did not see any.

Problem about recommending someone with them in stock is unless i'm looking for them then i don't take notice. The few i do remember are from months ago so i would hate to recommend someone only for you to turn up and they have none.

yea they were the closest ones i could think of too!!

No hassle Cass!! ill just get the kettle on and the phone out and ring around!!1 All around!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

Millard bros were the suppliers i think but i don't know if they still are, i rang them a few months ago to try locate a stainless model in .243 but they hadn't any just .223's i think they only do savages now, I've seen them in stakelums in thurles and o hallorans in drangan, but not recently, i actually like the hogue stocks, feel a lot better than the likes of a remmy sps or tikka lite imo and if i'm not mistaken they have alluminium pillers, the older howas had horrible cheap injection moulded stocks

http://irishguntrader.ie/?show=single&id=11413
    Heres a 2nd hand one in a timber stock but your man is dreaming with his price

• Advertisement

ormondprop wrote: »
    Millard bros were the suppliers i think but i don't know if they still are, i rang them a few months ago to try locate a stainless model in .243 but they hadn't any just .223's i think they only do savages now, I've seen them in stakelums in thurles and o hallorans in drangan, but not recently, i actually like the hogue stocks, feel a lot better than the likes of a remmy sps or tikka lite imo and if i'm not mistaken they have alluminium pillers, the older howas had horrible cheap injection moulded stocks

http://irishguntrader.ie/?show=single&id=11413
    Heres a 2nd hand one in a timber stock but your man is dreaming with his price

Yea I seen that one I also thought the price was away with the fairies and figured if it was that out there I wouldn't get him down to what it's actually worth!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

hurlsey wrote: »
    Well lads anybody know a dealer doing Howas? I rang a couple of dealers and im not having any luck!!
    PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Milbro sport have some in stock. I don't know if they will deal with you directly but you could ring them and see if not your dealer can get something off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Rosahane

hurlsey wrote: »

Hilltop have a Howa 223 with the sexy laminate thumb hole stock.

Give them a call 01 2818025

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

Rosahane wrote: »
    Hilltop have a Howa 223 with the sexy laminate thumb hole stock.

Give them a call 01 2818025

Patrick carley has one too in .22-250,
    hw100t-007.jpg
    he also has another stainless in .204
    howa-204-001.jpg
    and a weatherby in .223 which is practically the same might be worth a look
    hydrotech-005.jpg

http://patrickcarleyfirearms.com/patrick-carley-firearms-limited-rifles-for-sale/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

ormondprop wrote: »
    and a weatherby in .223 which is practically the same might be worth a look
    hydrotech-005.jpg

http://patrickcarleyfirearms.com/patrick-carley-firearms-limited-rifles-for-sale/[/QUOTE]

Howa built a lot of the Weatherby actions, so most likely the same!

Advertisement