Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIM free phones

Options
  • 17-07-2013 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

Folks,

Any recommendations regarding where to buy SIM free smartphones, either online or high street retail?

My old HTC, whilst it has served me well, is at the end of its usefulness & needs an upgrade BUT I'm on a very good tariff which I'm not prepared to lose, nor would I be happy to sign up to an 18/24 month contract.

My budget would be max €400 & I would be looking for a reasonably recent model (not as bang up to date as a HTC One or Galaxy S4 but possibly previous generation?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

Nexus 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Why not buy on adverts.ie?
    Otherwise you could buy at full cash price in your current provider and pop your sim in.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭DelMcG

Prodigious wrote: »
    Why not buy on adverts.ie?
    Otherwise you could buy at full cash price in your current provider and pop your sim in.

Like all the providers, asking for absolutely silly money for SIM free phones, way outside my budget for even past generation models

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

Amazon.co.uk have the sim free samsung s3 mini for £205 delivered. Not a bad deal if thats any use to you,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

Sorry forgot to say the full size samsung s3 was very reasonable aswell and with in your €400 buget

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

DelMcG wrote: »
    Like all the providers, asking for absolutely silly money for SIM free phones, way outside my budget for even past generation models

Pay €20 on a high street store to have it unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭DelMcG

Prodigious wrote: »
    Pay €20 on a high street store to have it unlocked.

That's not the issue. It's the actual price they ask for the phone itself outside a contract.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Read this thread for a fantastic deal on a HTC One :

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056991801

Yes, you will need to lose your existing package to gain this, but is your existing package really better then unlimited calls, texts and 2GB of data?

Advertisement