Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Egg donation

Options
  • 17-07-2013 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi I'm 39 have been going through the early menopause for at least 3 years but believe a lot earlier but docs never picked up on. We r going to be doing egg donation next year (saving money) just wondering has anyone here gone thought it and where and what do they recommend thanks a million:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Can you ask a friend to donate eggs ,is that allowed . It would save a lot of money and they would need tests to make sure they understand .????

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Dali Farmer

Hi Realtin,
    Myself and my wife had multiple failed IVF/ICSI cycles in Ireland, before travelling to Spain for a double donation (eggs/sperm). We know have beautiful twin daughters, that we are obviously delighted with. It's a tough road, but from our experience well worth it. If you want to PM me I'll answer any questions about our experience. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

cathy01 wrote: »
    Can you ask a friend to donate eggs ,is that allowed . It would save a lot of money and they would need tests to make sure they understand .????

Its allowed but costs the same as a unknown donor as the same tests are required and the same medications etc.

Advertisement