Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Account Password Issue

Options
  • 17-07-2013 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭

My Xbox 360 has been offline for the past 4 months but I finally managed to get it back up and running yesterday. Unfortunately, I was confronted with a message that I had to verify my Microsoft Account email address and password. I know the email but have absolutely no idea what the password is.

The account was set up in summer 2006 by a friend, who also can't remember the password. The only option available is to fill out a Microsoft account password recovery form, however the only information I know for sure is the credit card details associated with the account. As we were both 16 when this account was created, I'm fairly sure any other information he filled in for me at the time would be fairly crude :pac:

Does anyone have any experience with the above issue? I know there's a whole load of data protection policies associated with this type of thing but hopefully as I can provide the credit card details and should be able to prove the Xbox was mine and mine alone for the past 7 years, Microsoft may be able to do something. I know for a fact the account email has never been used.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Once you get your response back from that team dealing with the form you sent, call Xbox support. Even if your form fails to prove you are the account holder, the Xbox team can get a few other details more relevant to your Xbox account and verify you on their end. If you do this right, you'll be sorted. Make sure you keep the email from the original form, though!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭keithb93

Try clearing your cache. It worked for my brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

Once you get your response back from that team dealing with the form you sent, call Xbox support. Even if your form fails to prove you are the account holder, the Xbox team can get a few other details more relevant to your Xbox account and verify you on their end. If you do this right, you'll be sorted. Make sure you keep the email from the original form, though!

Thanks for that, this worked. They ask you for a few extra details and are very good at getting you your new password quickly.

Advertisement